Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #121
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
talentwise - lebron

hardware and ringwise - kobe

why is this argument still going on. lebron easily could drop 80 in a game but his game is more advanced than kobe's is especially at this point in their careers. You talking about a guy who's 24-25 vs a guy who's 30 or w/e kobe is. Even the biggest Kobe stan has to admit that if they don't think Lebron is better than Kobe at this point that the gap is closing every year and eventually we will look back andcompare their careers to see that Lebron did everything better at each age.
 8 years ago '09        #122
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,211 | Props total: 3531 3531
 Maroon_Tiger said:
if jordan had no rings, would he still be the best player of all time? if he had no rings, would he be a bum like yall treat iverson? would yall consider him better than kobe!??!

LEBRON WILL WIN RINGS... but the fact that yall are reaching HARD in kobes favor like "if lebron had mugsy bouges height or kobe's height he'd be trash"... gtfoh

the FACTS ARE CLEAR AS DAY... KOBE WAS NOT AS GOOD AS LEBRON in his 1st 6 seasons!!

ALL LEBRON HAS IS BRUTE STRENGTH?!
since he was drafted and probably since birth, hes BEEN A BETTER PASSER, more of a team player, A BETTER REBOUNDER, a better help defender, a better dunker, a more athletic player in general, more court vision/offensive creating player for his team

DID KOBE GET A 99 IN LIVE/2k in his first 6 seasons?!? i doubt it... not like it matters, but im showing yall, LEBRON IS A BEAST... he has been worthy of being mentioned with kobe virtually all of his career...

all im saying is RESPECT LEBRON.... give him his due respect... he has played at a higher level than any other hs. player has played at thus far through 6 seasons... KOBE DID THE SAME THING WHEN HE JOINED.... but 4-5 nothes lower...if kobe played on charlotte his entire career, it would be crystal clear for you haters to see that kobe (@ 24) cant put a team on his back like lebron could... lebron has took on more responsibilty and pressure than kobe did @ 24

come with some facts, yeah kobe won rings in his first 6 seasons, but shaq was a superior player to kobe during that entire 3 championship run...

yall are mad disrespectful... i can understand yall hating the guy and being haters, which is lame as hell, but dont turn a blind eye to undermine lebron's impact on the league at a very young age.. compared to what kobe was at his age...

im done posting in this thread... kobe at 24 <<<<< lebron at 24..not even close

Is this dude seriously talking about Video game ratings now. All I hear is blah blah blah bron was better in his first 6 season and blah blah blah shaq was superior that's why kobe won titles and blah blah blah he's still better than kobe cause he had better stats than kobe did in his first 6 years. That has to be the dumbest sh*t ever to keep bring up the same sh*t like people really care how great his stats were compared to kobe's. Since you wanna play the IF game I bet you if bron played with shaq in his prime he wouldn't have the same type of numbers that he has now. It's easy when your the #1 option like bron has always been. Oh and you've done enough writing for the day. Stick to your guns and "STAY DONE WITH POSTING IN THIS THREAD", because your sounding like a broken a.ss record bringing up lame sh*t comparing there first 6 years in the league over and over again. Better stats don't mean your the best player in the game especially when you haven't won sh*t. *sits and waits for another response since he just has to defend lebron's honor* Oh and kobe>bron Didn't wanna forget that part
 8 years ago '09        #123
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,211 | Props total: 3531 3531
 SuppaSlick said:
Why do you keep mentioning "at 24" like that really matters to you guys. Two years ago Lebron fans still said that he's better then Kobe was that year. You can say Lebrons first 6 years were better then Kobe's which is fine because stat wise they were...so were Iversons though

Anyways I'm bored of argueing this now, when Lebron wins a ring I might actually feel like there is some flaw to my arguement, holla at me when that happens, I'm sure you guys will take over the board anyways

Exactly:applause:
 8 years ago '05        #124
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,035 | Props total: 1226 1226
 Knowledgeable said:
Is this dude seriously talking about Video game ratings now. All I hear is blah blah blah bron was better in his first 6 season and blah blah blah shaq was superior that's why kobe won titles and blah blah blah he's still better than kobe cause he had better stats than kobe did in his first 6 years. That has to be the dumbest sh*t ever to keep bring up the same sh*t like people really care how great his stats were compared to kobe's. Since you wanna play the IF game I bet you if bron played with shaq in his prime he wouldn't have the same type of numbers that he has now. It's easy when your the #1 option like bron has always been. Oh and you've done enough writing for the day. Stick to your guns and "STAY DONE WITH POSTING IN THIS THREAD", because your sounding like a broken a.ss record bringing up lame sh*t comparing there first 6 years in the league over and over again. Better stats don't mean your the best player in the game especially when you haven't won sh*t. *sits and waits for another response since he just has to defend lebron's honor* Oh and kobe>bron Didn't wanna forget that part
if he played with shaq in his prime the n*gga stats would be through the roof!! he would prob avg even more a.ssist he be a 28 6 10 player instead of 30 7 7 the only thing that would go down is his rebounds, kobe had similar numbers when he played with shaq, his numbers barely changed at all when shaq left..lol the only thing that changed when shaq left was the wins and losses. Shaq opens up the lane for lebron even more, shaq is a lil over the hill but watch how much better lebrons game get with an over the hill shaq, if it werent for the c's i would be calling a ship for them.
 8 years ago '09        #125
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 circleinsidebox said:
if kobe was given the green light on
a franchise without the #1 player in the league at that time
im sure he would have avg 25, maybe 30 his first 6 seasons
:applause: Thank you... But people are going to say NO becuase they think that the reason he is as good as he is, is becuase he had a "chance" to grow while playing with Shaq... Kobe always had the talent, work ethic and k!ller instinct so he would have been as good as he was with or without Shaq
 8 years ago '09        #126
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 beantown85 said:
talentwise - lebron

hardware and ringwise - kobe

why is this argument still going on. lebron easily could drop 80 in a game but his game is more advanced than kobe's is especially at this point in their careers. You talking about a guy who's 24-25 vs a guy who's 30 or w/e kobe is. Even the biggest Kobe stan has to admit that if they don't think Lebron is better than Kobe at this point that the gap is closing every year and eventually we will look back andcompare their careers to see that Lebron did everything better at each age.
LOL no Lebron does not have Kobe on talent son and its really not even close... And why do you think Lebron could score 80? Only 2 players EVER have scored over 80 points, Kobe and Wilt... 2 players in the whole history of the NBA have ever gone over 80, and it was only 1 until 2006... which You know what, people wouldnt even be saying scoring 80 points in a game was even possible if it wasnt for Kobe, becuase nobody was saying somebody could drop 80 in a game 5 year plus years ago were they? Nope..
 8 years ago '09        #127
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 hbk83 said:
if he played with shaq in his prime the n*gga stats would be through the roof!! he would prob avg even more a.ssist he be a 28 6 10 player instead of 30 7 7 the only thing that would go down is his rebounds, kobe had similar numbers when he played with shaq, his numbers barely changed at all when shaq left..lol the only thing that changed when shaq left was the wins and losses. Shaq opens up the lane for lebron even more, shaq is a lil over the hill but watch how much better lebrons game get with an over the hill shaq, if it werent for the c's i would be calling a ship for them.
Exactly, if Kobe's numbers didnt change after Shaq left, then why is Shaq the ONLY reason they won those championships? Becuase when Shaq left, thats when Kobe was reguarded as the best player and if he was averaging the same numbers with Shaq on his team as to after he left, how did he go from "sidekick" to best player with the same numbers? Obviously
 8 years ago '04        #128
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 TheG1ftedOne said:
LOL no Lebron does not have Kobe on talent son and its really not even close... And why do you think Lebron could score 80? Only 2 players EVER have scored over 80 points, Kobe and Wilt... 2 players in the whole history of the NBA have ever gone over 80, and it was only 1 until 2006... which You know what, people wouldnt even be saying scoring 80 points in a game was even possible if it wasnt for Kobe, becuase nobody was saying somebody could drop 80 in a game 5 year plus years ago were they? Nope..
Truth...

LOL @ EASILY score 80..

Some of the ignorance on this board baffles me.
 8 years ago '04        #129
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
 P. Dedos said:
can you imagine if bron had a 30 and 10 guy playing with him?
that would be scary for the league... but, brons numbers would fall like crazy
 8 years ago '08        #130
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,876 | Props total: 22620 22620
i would say Kobe is better than Bron but PEOPLE LIE .. NUMBERS DON'T BRON > KOBE

But KOBE'S TEAM > BRON'S TEAM that explains why dude got ZERO rings
 8 years ago '08        #131
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,876 | Props total: 22620 22620
 MPLSallstar said:
THE GOAT HAS ALREADY SPOKEN

Michael Jordan "Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player. He's been the best since me."

Michael Jordan's analysis > Every boxen members opinion

Thread ether.

JayOne of Double-Threat
Whoopsis!! *n*gga off of Mortal Kombat Voice*
I Take it back Kobe > Bron If MJ Said It Its True :agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #132
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 Mr. K said:
i would say Kobe is better than Bron but PEOPLE LIE .. NUMBERS DON'T BRON > KOBE

But KOBE'S TEAM > BRON'S TEAM that explains why dude got ZERO rings
If numbers don't lie than Wilt Chamberlain is hands down the greatest player in the history of the league.

Stop quoting Jay-Z lines and think for yourself.
 8 years ago '05        #133
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,035 | Props total: 1226 1226
na I would say dont count numbers only if it were a couple seasons but its 5 seasons straight of dominance, even his rookie year, Like dude said we are going to look at these two and compare seasons and say lebron had a better season every year, and the championships will come, the n*gga is not even in his PRIME yet, he is still learning the game lol, its not a fair argument to use rings, like tim duncan will go down as the best pf to ever play, but anyone who has watch basketball know kevin garnett talent wise and player > any pf
shaq will go down best center but hakeem>
stats is not the argument its the skills and talent that surround, if your only flaw is your jumper which is improving every year, whats the weakness??
 8 years ago '05        #134
Reggie Xtreme 
space
space
$5,738 | Props total: 77 77
Kobe 4
Lebron 0
Nuff Said
 8 years ago '09        #135
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
LEBRON = ATHLETE
KOBE = PURE BASKETBALL SKILL

thats how I see it.
no need to argue :)
hug eachotha :D
 8 years ago '05        #136
freemusic man 
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 175 175
KOBE Finals MVP > Lebron league mvp ............ which 1 would you want ?? & cavs are not getting past the celtics or magic this year the teams are better now i feel for lebron..... & i know nike mad at lebron cause they did those commercials & he floped...then he gets dunked on by a college kid wtf lebron !! just stay home n*gga damn !!
 8 years ago '06        #137
prettyboy1169 
space
space
space
$167 | Props total: 2 2
 hbk83 said:
Kobe has the rings yes, But with help none the less he still has them, Lebron is young and may get 4 depending on who he has as a team. He has had not a shaq nor Gasol but has atleast made the finals.

Numbers? Numbers is not even in question lebrons first 6 season in the league are not only better than kobes first 6, but for you people who say he didnt start or he had shaq, Lebrons first 6 Are better than kobes BEST 6 seasons in the league period. Kobe is a great scorer and a decent defender but better or more skilled than lebron..NO. Championships and more EXP.
Lebron will pass every Career stat kobe puts up barring injury. If Lebron wins the ring this season instead of kobe, This argument does not exist, it would instantly make Lebron the best player in the league and most of us know this, but he didnt so kobe stays. But we all know soon as Lebron gets a ring all the d*** riders will fianlly switch and say he is The best, it always happens.

both out of high school FIRST 6 SEASONS NO COMPARISON
KOBE
PPG REB AS STL FG%
7.6 1.9 1.3 0.7 .417
15.1 3.1 2.5 0.9 .428
19.9 5.3 3.8 1.4 .465
22.5 6.3 4.9 1.6 .468
28.5 5.8 5.0 1.7 .464
25.2 5.5 5.5 1.5 .469

LEBRON
PPG RB AS ST FG%
20.9 5.5 5.9 1.6 .417
27.2 7.4 7.2 2.2 .472
31.4 7.0 6.6 1.6 .480
27.3 6.8 6.0 1.6 .476
30.0 7.9 7.2 1.8 .484
28.4 7.6 7.2 1.7 .489

i usually don't reply to these threads but ima make an exception in this case....first of all lebron has a good team regardless of what u think....i mean u dont get the best record in the league unless your team is good....lebron is good yes..but he lacks the k!ller instinct that all great players such as jordan, jerry west, larry bird, magic johnson, isaiah thomas, and other greats had.....kobe has this k!ller instinct which is why is is the best closer in the game today....what makes him the best player is that he knows how to utilize his team to get the results he wants in the coach's offense which is the triangle....can u tell me what offense cleveland runs?....don't worry i'll wait......we all watched the cavs-magic series and saw that it was basically lebron with the ball at the top of the key and then him going one on one then deciding to either dish it out to the wing or taking it to hoop....magic just weren't stupid enough to fall for that sh*t like the teams before them...they figured out the offensive scheme and adjusted their defense accordingly.....which is why they won 4-1...should have been a sweep but lebron hit that fluke shot...off of turkoglu's bad defense...and if you're saying because his stats are good in the first couple years of his career that makes him better than kobe...then by your logic he would be better than larry bird, magic johnson, michael jordan, george gervin, elgin baylor, jerry west...who might i add averaged 40 pts a game in a season.....also not that he did this in a time where there was no 3pt shot......and also by your logic that would mean that wilt is the greatest player of all time because his stats sh*t on lebron's i mean the man averaged 50 pts in season...enough said...but i know you arent stupid enough to say that lebron is better than jordan or any of those other players....and if you are then may god help you...lebron has yet to show me a consistent mid range jumper or 3pt shot....yea he has nights where he goes off but he doesn't do it consistently....he has no back facing the basket game....he isn't ambidextrous like kobe who can shoot with either hand....his defense is suspect....and lets not mention that he went to the finals while playing in a clearly easier conference and he also had the best record in a clearly easier conference...yes his conference is easier (any time a team can make the playoffs with a record under .500) that sh*t does not go on in the western conference.....lets not forget that kobe always sh*ts on him when they play each other and you forgot to mention one thing he also did that kobe hasn't done....HE GOT SWEPT IN THE FINALS.......LeBron tell me how does my a.ss taste
 8 years ago '07        #138
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
Ummmm....we are still debating this? The end of the season should have taught you guys something...
 8 years ago '08        #139
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
 prettyboy1169 said:
i usually don't reply to these threads but ima make an exception in this case....first of all lebron has a good team regardless of what u think....i mean u dont get the best record in the league unless your team is good....lebron is good yes..but he lacks the k!ller instinct that all great players such as jordan, jerry west, larry bird, magic johnson, isaiah thomas, and other greats had.....kobe has this k!ller instinct which is why is is the best closer in the game today....what makes him the best player is that he knows how to utilize his team to get the results he wants in the coach's offense which is the triangle....can u tell me what offense cleveland runs?....don't worry i'll wait......we all watched the cavs-magic series and saw that it was basically lebron with the ball at the top of the key and then him going one on one then deciding to either dish it out to the wing or taking it to hoop....magic just weren't stupid enough to fall for that sh*t like the teams before them...they figured out the offensive scheme and adjusted their defense accordingly.....which is why they won 4-1...should have been a sweep but lebron hit that fluke shot...off of turkoglu's bad defense...and if you're saying because his stats are good in the first couple years of his career that makes him better than kobe...then by your logic he would be better than larry bird, magic johnson, michael jordan, george gervin, elgin baylor, jerry west...who might i add averaged 40 pts a game in a season.....also not that he did this in a time where there was no 3pt shot......and also by your logic that would mean that wilt is the greatest player of all time because his stats sh*t on lebron's i mean the man averaged 50 pts in season...enough said...but i know you arent stupid enough to say that lebron is better than jordan or any of those other players....and if you are then may god help you...lebron has yet to show me a consistent mid range jumper or 3pt shot....yea he has nights where he goes off but he doesn't do it consistently....he has no back facing the basket game....he isn't ambidextrous like kobe who can shoot with either hand....his defense is suspect....and lets not mention that he went to the finals while playing in a clearly easier conference and he also had the best record in a clearly easier conference...yes his conference is easier (any time a team can make the playoffs with a record under .500) that sh*t does not go on in the western conference.....lets not forget that kobe always sh*ts on him when they play each other and you forgot to mention one thing he also did that kobe hasn't done....HE GOT SWEPT IN THE FINALS.......LeBron tell me how does my a.ss taste

07-27-2009, 09:33 AM         #140
A.O. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:
Not a fact, merely your opinion. Without Kobe, Shaq wouldn't have won those three years. They needed eachother to win them, even though Shaq was the better player.
Not my opinion but a FACT. Shaq played in the Conference Finals almost every year of his career, Shaq was in the finals without KOBE. So they didnt need each other. They needed PHIL JACKSON. Understand that. They played together without Phil, and got nowhere.

If Jordan had all of his stats but had no Championships nobody would rate him the greatest, thats a fact, thats for real
Irrelevant, his career is wrapped up 6 titles, 6 finals MVP, 5 league MVPs, 10 scoring titles.

Let me try and understand your point, Lebron has 0 rings. If his stats stay the same until he retires and retires without a ring then he's still better then Kobe? Thats what your saying? Your arguement relies on Lebron winning a ring very soon to back it up, but it hasn't happen so there isn't much of a discussion here, minus all the hypotheticals that come up
No to me Lebron is better than Kobe right now, without the rings... At the end of the day since we all can agree basketball is a team sport. And nobody wins it alone, so Lebron not having any rings doesnt really take away from him being better than Kobe. It just means he hasnt been a part of the best team in the NBA for a year, thats all. But my point with what i was saying is...

My point was people will use whatever leverage they have to make their case. Which is fine, but dont compare stats to rings with one dude, and then rings to stats to another dude.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago