Why We Think Lebron > Kobe

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #101
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
 billieskeet said:
U noticed when ppl talk about Kobe, they say what he has done and when they talk about Lebron they always say what he could or might do. That there alone settles the debate for me.

You can actually close this thread out, because this guy nailed it.........
 Knowledgeable said:
No arguments here homey. You have your opinion and I have mine. I don't think kobe is considered the greatest laker, because he has so many legend's to compete with coming from a very successful franchise with legendary players as with MJ he put chicago on the map same with bron putting the cavs on the map. Maybe if kobe started off with another team besides the Lakers and had this much success he wouldn't have to be unfailry compared to the other laker greats like he does, but that's the way it is and personally I don't care if he had shaq and was considered the second option he still has the rings and championships that you speak of and I'd take that and being a damn good player and being constantly mentioned as one of the GOAT'S over just being the supposed best player in the game like people tend to think lebron is. At the end of the day it's not just about stats, because all those players who play the game want to win the ship. When we get to talking sports 20 years from now and if bron only has lets say 1 or 2 ships but the best stats ever some may say he's the best and people like myself will beg to differ. That's just how things go.

Realtalk fam:applause:
 Knowledgeable said:
Nobody, but lebron fans care about the sh*t that your talking about though. The casual fan who doesn't "stan out" for kobe or bron won't care about those types of things. Stats only mean something to statwh0ores. At the end of the day if your "ALMOST" as good and if you don't have any rings "YET" nobody besides people who like that certain player are gonna bring up the sh*t you bring up. The amount of years they've been playing and who was better faster and got mvp the fastest won't even be in a REAL NBA related convo. It's only pertains to those who want bron to be better so they list his individual accomplishments when at the end of the day it's a team game and when your winning titles and others are winning on the statboards it really doesn't mean sh*t. Might make you an outstanding player and he may even have the best stats ever, but nobody really cares about that sh*t. Atleast I don't. Wade shot the best Field goal percentage in the finals. Does that make him better than jordan? I mean little sh*t like that is why stats mean nothing to a real casual fan.

Exactly fam..Nobody cares about stats and all that bullsh*t. I don't even know why dudes bring that sh*t up like it's a factor.......They only use numbers to and stats to say who's the best when in reality it's who's winning out on the court. What kinda fan cares about individual accomplishments anyways?..If kobe had the best stats ever and wasn't winning any titles then it woudn't mean very much to me..You dudes seriously need a wakeup call, because some of the excusese on why they think lebron is better are terrible.....Anyways with that said...Kobe>>>Lebron.....
 8 years ago '08        #102
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Ok we can bring up stats all day, but I mean, 2 rebounds and 2 a.ssists makes your season that much greater? obviously those 2 rebounds and 2 a.ssists wasnt the difference between winning a championship and not winning... Its more than stats homie... Do you honestly think a player getting 2 more a.ssists and 2 more rebounds has more of an impact than the player who is getting double and triple teamed virtually every possesion, elevating your teammates to play to a high level and making shots no matter who is in your face demoralizing your oppenent? I dont know i guess thats debatable but obviously the latter of my statement is the difference between winning nothing but Conference finals games and winning NBA finals games

Word I wouldn't even waste my time arguing with these guys, because they have there minds set on stats...I mean it's to the point where even if bron never wins a title these guys will use his stats to say he's the best to ever play the game when in fact he's not even better than D.Wade let alone Kobe IMO.....It's pathetic that these guys think that stats make you the best player and not winning the actual entire championship.......
 07-26-2009, 10:02 AM         #103
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its hilarious reading this sh*t and how Kobe condoms talk. For Lebron to be better than Kobe he has to develop a better jump shot. Yet Lebron already averages more points a game than Kobe and LEBRON IS A TEAM PLAYER. Granted he is the first option but with a sh*tty a.ss team he has still averaged atleast 7 a.ssist. Already has more career triple doubles than Kobe. Means he scores, passes, and rebounds the ball. He doesnt give up on plays, he has more blind side blocks than Kobe. The man does everything on the floor.
Its clear Lebron > Kobe. Kobe has played on teams that SHOULD have won the title. This years lakers, last years lakers, and the 3 championship teams. While Lebron has played on a bunch of scrub teams, and has played in 2 conference finals, 1 NBA Finals. With little to no help. Kobe's jump shot is all he got over Lebron. But Lebron makes up for that with his ability to go to the hole. Kobe shoots more on a good team, then Lebron does on a bad team, and at the end of the day they are only close in one stat and thats PPG, while Lebron fills up the stat sheet, Pts, reb, a.ssist, steals, blocks. Kobe just scores. For people that HATE Allen Iverson for being a one man show, ya sound so stupid sitting here as Kobe Nuthuggers... Cause All Kobe had throughout his career over Iverson was a Better team, and at the moment the only thing Kobe has over Lebron is a better team.

Last edited by A.O.™; 07-26-2009 at 10:03 AM..
 8 years ago '08        #104
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
It amazes me how much bullsh*t people will take out time to write just to try and prove a point when it's only there opinion...Regardless of how many Blog like paragraphs people on this site choose to write it's still Kobe>>>bron. No matter how you put the scenario it's still Kobe>>bron..No matter who played on a team with more talent it's still Kobe>>Bron...You guys should just stop, because your never gonna get anywhere and it's still gonna remain Kobe>>bron no matter what any of you say....
 07-26-2009, 12:00 PM         #105
CODYJISBACK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think It's Kobe now Lebron later. But i do believe that if lebron played for the lakers instead of Kobe They would never lose a game. Lebron make Cleveland great. The Lakers are a geat team with or without Kobe. Cleveland needs to Build a team soon before he leaves.
 8 years ago '08        #106
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
its kobe rigth now being more skilled and mature than lebron

its lebron being better than kobe (when he was 24/-) across the board (maybe jumpshot is arguable, but kobe didnt have the pressure of a team on his shoulders, so he would've had a worse jumpshot/decision making if he played on a team like the cavs)

kobe did not develop faster/better than lebron, it remains to be seen if kobe will be better than kobe ever became in the next 7 years

im tired of yall trying to babe ruth/jordan this dude because hes played on great teams... hes not the most talented player in the game... hes the most talented SG in the game, and is the most dangerous shooter in the game

kobe was not as good as lebron as a rookie, nor at 24, not even close...

you think LA could get a trade for a 24 year old kobe for lebron str8 up!?!? you're fu*king crazy

I don't post here like I use to, because the arguments have become so lame...I do however read inside of thie section from time to time and I see you in alot of kobe/bron threads arguing your point and that's fine and dandy, but please stop with the scenarios. Your talking about how good they were as rookies and how much better bron was then kobe...... Who cares about those things? I mean if he never wins a ship will his stats be good enough for you to reward him the "BEST PLAYER", because that's bascially what your doing.......Then you fault him for playing on great teams when in reality greats teams are what wins championships. Name a team besides the pistons from a few years ago who had no real talent or basic superstar caliber players and won the title?.... YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!The spurs? Nope They had, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili...Only other teams who have won are the bulls, pistons, lakers and celtics in damn near the last 2 decades. Didn't those teams have allstar caliber players?..Dude just stop..You can't fault kobe for having talent on his team, because you would have to do that with every other player who has won the title..sh*ts fu*king stupid and it holds no merit..Bron is the best athlete in the game today I give him that, but he's not the best basketball player, because that title belongs to Kobe Bryant.........

(There's my blog paragraph for the day)...No need in trying to prove my point over and over, because dudes are gonna think what they want so fu*k it......

Last edited by illmatic_kid; 07-26-2009 at 12:08 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #107
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,749 | Props total: 1187 1187
You guys are still argueing this

I've never seen so many Lebron fans use so many hypothetical situations ever. From a post saying if Bron had Shaq, if Bron had a team, if Bron was on Lakers they wouldn't lose...Post up facts like this

GREAT STATS + RINGS >>> AMAZING STATS

Ask T-Mac + Iverson.
 07-26-2009, 01:34 PM         #108
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:

I've never seen so many Lebron fans use so many hypothetical situations ever. From a post saying if Bron had Shaq, if Bron had a team, if Bron was on Lakers they wouldn't lose...Post up facts like this

Ask T-Mac + Iverson.
Nah amigo The facts are there.

Fact Kobe won 3 of his 4 Championships because of Shaq.
Fact Lebron has better numbers then Kobe in their first 6 years.
Kobe won MVP his 12 year in the league, Lebron won it in his 6.

Now the problem is..

People always dismiss sh*t that is not in there favor.
For example Lebron has better Stats, but that means nothing because he has no rings.
So Kobe stans dismiss the numbers and go with the titles.
But compare Kobe to somebody like D-Whistle who also has a championship, then they play the who has more? and Kobe's numbers are better. Then compare Kobe to Robert Horry (yes foolish) but has a handful of rings, then they play the numbers game.

So its not that its all opinions... Opinion yes is who you like more. But as far as facts, facts are there.
 8 years ago '06        #109
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
if lebron had kobe's size= andre igoudala
 8 years ago '08        #110
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
kobe wouldnt put up lebron numbers if he didnt play on the lakers early in his career... HE WASNT THAT GOOD....not saying he wasnt a very good player, HE WASNT AS GOOD AS LEBRON... thats a fact

kobe developed into an elite player later in his career.. he was not an mvp worthy player in his first 6 years... thats a fact...

kobe didnt have the leadership ability.. he was a sidekick, and that was the best role for him at the time.... now it isnt.. b/c he has the leadership ability(when shaq was leaving)

thats cool if yall dont care about development.. .but dont act like kobe was the best thing since since he joined the league... he wasnt better than wade in his first 5-6 seasons.. lebron isnt even a close comparison... lebron is a far more developed player at this point than kobe was... i saw him play, and he didnt set the bar as high as lebron

kobe set the bar for hs. students in his day, lebron shattered it

I read what you wrote at first and was like ok, bu then you went back to edit your post like you always do just to add extra sh*t that means nothing. You like lebron and think he's better and I feel that kobe's the better player..Leave it at that..There's nothing you can say to change my mind so stop trying your wasting your time..Kobe>>Bron....That's the way I see it so deal with it...Geez..........
 8 years ago '08        #111
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
 SuppaSlick said:

Ask T-Mac + Iverson.

Exactly fam...There are no facts like some of the people here keep speaking of..Only facts are that Kobe and Wade and champions and lebron has better stats than kobe in his first 6 years in the league..:rolleyes: Who cares about that kinda sh*t though? That's the only argument people have. It's like a boxing match and say Mike tyson has way more punches landed in the match against mayweather, but mayweather wins by TKO..People will still say "oh, but tyson was winning and had more punches landed during the f!ght so his stats percentages were better when in reaity at the end of the day he still didn't win...Like I said though people will like who they wan't I don't have a problem with that, but calling someone a stan, because they don't agree with half the bullsh*t in this thread in outta line and nothing anyone here says will change my mind just like my opinon shouldn't change anyone's mind, but people act c*cky like what they say on here is LAW..:slap: Fall back with that sh*t...
 8 years ago '06        #112
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,697 | Props total: 8661 8661
Lebron will get a ring after he leaves the Cavs cuz they aint putting to much help around him

Last edited by marcusaka50; 07-26-2009 at 02:25 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #113
doczdaname 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 5050 5050
 MadGam325 said:
Lol before I even came in I knew dudes argument would be numbers.

U know how I know that?

Because the only way to say LeBron>Kobe is by numbers.

Lebron's Game is 75% size. Put Lebron in kobe's body and tell me he would be as successful. He's def not as skilled or as smart as a player as Kobe on a large or small scale.
Posted via Mobile Device
make these people understand man, kobe is light years better from every standpoint but brut strength..sorry guys but kobe was on a laker team that rarely plays their rookies but once he started producing he was still second fiddle to shaq.
 8 years ago '07        #114
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
Damn another kobe vs lebron thread. Man its like this kobe is the better player now but its stupid to act like lebron is overrated or whatever. I mean for to do what he has done his 1st 6yrs in tha league is just crazy. I'm tired of stans dismissing the fact that kobe had shaq and act like having shaq wasn't that big of a deal. That's just stupid if you think that. Its much easier to get yours when you have argueably the most dominant center to ever play the game on your team getting all the double teams.. Seriously who's gonna double kobe and leave shaq for a simple dunk or lay up. Kobe had it made to do whatever he wanted. I mean look at what the cavs was before lebron, if can't respect or recognize what he's done since he's been in the league, your just a hater. I'm not even that big of a fan of lebron but I give respect when respect is due
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #115
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
Nah amigo The facts are there.

Fact Kobe won 3 of his 4 Championships because of Shaq.
Fact Lebron has better numbers then Kobe in their first 6 years.
Kobe won MVP his 12 year in the league, Lebron won it in his 6.

Now the problem is..

People always dismiss sh*t that is not in there favor.
For example Lebron has better Stats, but that means nothing because he has no rings.
So Kobe stans dismiss the numbers and go with the titles.
But compare Kobe to somebody like D-Whistle who also has a championship, then they play the who has more? and Kobe's numbers are better. Then compare Kobe to Robert Horry (yes foolish) but has a handful of rings, then they play the numbers game.

So its not that its all opinions... Opinion yes is who you like more. But as far as facts, facts are there.

Not a fact, merely your opinion. Without Kobe, Shaq wouldn't have won those three years. They needed eachother to win them, even though Shaq was the better player.

If Jordan had all of his stats but had no Championships nobody would rate him the greatest, thats a fact, thats for real

Let me try and understand your point, Lebron has 0 rings. If his stats stay the same until he retires and retires without a ring then he's still better then Kobe? Thats what your saying? Your arguement relies on Lebron winning a ring very soon to back it up, but it hasn't happen so there isn't much of a discussion here, minus all the hypotheticals that come up

Last edited by SuppaSlick; 07-26-2009 at 02:48 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #116
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,775 | Props total: 12277 12277
Shut up

When Bron get a ring and a MVP trophy holla at me...

then holla at me again on his second again on his third and again on his on 4th...

by then Kobe'll be on his 6th trophy and retired....breathe
 8 years ago '09        #117
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,240 | Props total: 3577 3577
 MadGam325 said:
Lol before I even came in I knew dudes argument would be numbers.

U know how I know that?

Because the only way to say LeBron>Kobe is by numbers.

Lebron's Game is 75% size. Put Lebron in kobe's body and tell me he would be as successful. He's def not as skilled or as smart as a player as Kobe on a large or small scale.
Posted via Mobile Device
 illmatic_kid said:
Exactly fam...There are no facts like some of the people here keep speaking of..Only facts are that Kobe and Wade and champions and lebron has better stats than kobe in his first 6 years in the league..:rolleyes: Who cares about that kinda sh*t though? That's the only argument people have. It's like a boxing match and say Mike tyson has way more punches landed in the match against mayweather, but mayweather wins by TKO..People will still say "oh, but tyson was winning and had more punches landed during the f!ght so his stats percentages were better when in reaity at the end of the day he still didn't win...Like I said though people will like who they wan't I don't have a problem with that, but calling someone a stan, because they don't agree with half the bullsh*t in this thread in outta line and nothing anyone here says will change my mind just like my opinon shouldn't change anyone's mind, but people act c*cky like what they say on here is LAW..:slap: Fall back with that sh*t...
 SuppaSlick said:
Not a fact, merely your opinion. Without Kobe, Shaq wouldn't have won those three years. They needed eachother to win them, even though Shaq was the better player.

If Jordan had all of his stats but had no Championships nobody would rate him the greatest, thats a fact, thats for real

Let me try and understand your point, Lebron has 0 rings. If his stats stay the same until he retires and retires without a ring then he's still better then Kobe? Thats what your saying? Your arguement relies on Lebron winning a ring very soon to back it up, but it hasn't happen so there isn't much of a discussion here, minus all the hypotheticals that come up

8 years ago '05        #118
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1232 1232
This is still all opinions, I understand peoples points and they are made, but actually watching the game, watching these two play, lets throw stats and rings out the window, kobe has a "sick jumper and fade away" and is a great driver/slasher but lebron can get the ball at the top of the key and be at the basket laying up or dunking it every time down court, and its not just size he has a excellent post game and can pass and dribble with the best point guards in the league, kobe is a scoring threat, almost unstoppable at times, depending on whos defending, but lebron can beat you from any aspect of the game, the only problem he encounters is the doubles because there is no solidified scorer he can pass to, kobe gets doubled he can pass to fisher, odom, gasol ariza, all these guys make there shots, lebron had moe williams, who fu*king missed everything in the orlando sseries, lebron had an unbelievable series, but what can you do when your getting doubled and passed the ball to a team who cant make sh*t, this is not about rings or stats now, its about the players and who is better on that court... if you x out every player on their respective teams and leave it down to these two players, nobody can convince me kobe is better, thats my opinion, every one has them but this is my explanation

Last edited by hbk83; 07-26-2009 at 03:30 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #119
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
if kobe was given the green light on
a franchise without the #1 player in the league at that time
im sure he would have avg 25, maybe 30 his first 6 seasons
 8 years ago '06        #120
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
if jordan had no rings, would he still be the best player of all time? if he had no rings, would he be a bum like yall treat iverson? would yall consider him better than kobe!??!

LEBRON WILL WIN RINGS... but the fact that yall are reaching HARD in kobes favor like "if lebron had mugsy bouges height or kobe's height he'd be trash"... gtfoh

the FACTS ARE CLEAR AS DAY... KOBE WAS NOT AS GOOD AS LEBRON in his 1st 6 seasons!!

ALL LEBRON HAS IS BRUTE STRENGTH?!
since he was drafted and probably since birth, hes BEEN A BETTER PASSER, more of a team player, A BETTER REBOUNDER, a better help defender, a better dunker, a more athletic player in general, more court vision/offensive creating player for his team

DID KOBE GET A 99 IN LIVE/2k in his first 6 seasons?!? i doubt it... not like it matters, but im showing yall, LEBRON IS A BEAST... he has been worthy of being mentioned with kobe virtually all of his career...

all im saying is RESPECT LEBRON.... give him his due respect... he has played at a higher level than any other hs. player has played at thus far through 6 seasons... KOBE DID THE SAME THING WHEN HE JOINED.... but 4-5 nothes lower...if kobe played on charlotte his entire career, it would be crystal clear for you haters to see that kobe (@ 24) cant put a team on his back like lebron could... lebron has took on more responsibilty and pressure than kobe did @ 24

come with some facts, yeah kobe won rings in his first 6 seasons, but shaq was a superior player to kobe during that entire 3 championship run...

yall are mad disrespectful... i can understand yall hating the guy and being haters, which is lame as hell, but dont turn a blind eye to undermine lebron's impact on the league at a very young age.. compared to what kobe was at his age...

im done posting in this thread... kobe at 24 <<<<< lebron at 24..not even close
Why do you keep mentioning "at 24" like that really matters to you guys. Two years ago Lebron fans still said that he's better then Kobe was that year. You can say Lebrons first 6 years were better then Kobe's which is fine because stat wise they were...so were Iversons though

Anyways I'm bored of argueing this now, when Lebron wins a ring I might actually feel like there is some flaw to my arguement, holla at me when that happens, I'm sure you guys will take over the board anyways
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy