Why We Think Lebron > Kobe

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #41
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,749 | Props total: 1187 1187
 hbk83 said:
My posting of the numbers is an argument to how much further along Lebron is than Kobe, and Iverson numbers are impressive but even his don't match lebrons... Kobe didnt put up lebrons numbers even after shaq and was making 7th and 8th place in playoffs, give lebron pau gasol and what happens?? championship, lebron has no help and shaq is not his help this year either. and if numbers and stats is my argument.. is championships yours??? I mean come on Even his ast ,to ratio is lower.
Another infamous "what if", lets stick to the facts as well because I'm also sure that "if" Lebron had Duncan like Parker theyd be final bound, if Lebron had Kevin Garnett like Pierce they'd be final bound....then reality called and you realized that he doesn't so quit complaining
 8 years ago '05        #42
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1232 1232
 SuppaSlick said:
Another infamous "what if", lets stick to the facts as well because I'm also sure that "if" Lebron had Duncan like Parker theyd be final bound, if Lebron had Kevin Garnett like Pierce they'd be final bound....then reality called and you realized that he doesn't so quit complaining
ok so my question to you is if we are ignoring consistent stats and saying thats not the reason lebron is better,
Are you saying Kobe is better because he has championships?? cause maybe we can add Tim Duncan to this list, since stats are not a big deal.. ya know duncan had 4 b4 kobe and he does get ranked higher on alot of all-time list
 8 years ago '04        #43
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 hbk83 said:
I'm glad you brought that up, cause eh.. I believe that was the year he actually became the first option shaq had the first toe problem... and what happened?? they lost to the spurs in the west finals...........
Maybe he and lebron are closer than you think...
Yeah and they lost BECAUSE Shaq was injured, decided to "recover on company time" and couldn't get into shape on time..

And not to mention in 2001... @ age 22..

Before the game was over, he had also thrown down a left-handed driivng dunk over Duncan and a lob dunk in which he almost jumped completely over Sean Elliott.

"I told Kobe today that he was my idol," O'Neal said. "I can truly say that Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league — by far."

Added Grant, a former teammate of Jordan's with the Chicago Bulls. "He played like (No.) 23," referring to how the Bulls often referred to Jordan. "I don't think Kobe exists anymore. It's Mr. Bryant."

Grant added that he was on the bench at one point of the game screaming, "Give him the ball and get the hell out of the way. It's the same thing Doug (Bulls coach at the time Collins) used to say to us with Michael."
:eek:

Lebron has been overrated since his inception into the league.

Last edited by A.G; 07-25-2009 at 07:20 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #44
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Yeah and they lost BECAUSE Shaq was injured, decided to "recover on company time" and couldn't get into shape on time..
So your admitting without shaq he wouldnt have won them 3 ships?
 07-25-2009, 07:30 PM         #45
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:
His stats would all be lower
Not true.. Pennys years with Shaq averaged 16 pts and 6 a.ssists, and 20 points and 7 a.ssists.

And Penny's my n*gga but its clear Lebron is a superior Athlete to Penny. (not better ball player, but ATHLETE)
 8 years ago '06        #46
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
 hbk83 said:
ok so my question to you is if we are ignoring consistent stats and saying thats not the reason lebron is better,
Are you saying Kobe is better because he has championships?? cause maybe we can add Tim Duncan to this list, since stats are not a big deal.. ya know duncan had 4 b4 kobe and he does get ranked higher on alot of all-time list
I don't really understand what your saying, I'll say the same thing I say everytime

Great stats + Rings>>>>>>>>Amazing Stats

Tim Duncan is also a top player in the league, may even be more valuable to Championship teams then Kobe as well so and its no coincidence he has great stats and championships

A.O.™ said:
Not true.. Pennys years with Shaq averaged 16 pts and 6 a.ssists, and 20 points and 7 a.ssists.

And Penny's my n*gga but its clear Lebron is a superior Athlete to Penny. (not better ball player, but ATHLETE)
I am certainly talking about the stats that Shaq would take away, don't be coy, Shaq doesn't dish. I meant his rebounds and blocks would go down, the effects of having a REAL centre that jumps (Subliminals to Big Z)
 8 years ago '09        #47
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 hbk83 said:
So your admitting without shaq he wouldnt have won them 3 ships?
Of course he wouldnt have what kind of question is that?... Shaq wouldnt have won without Kobe either... Same goes for anybody whoever won an NBA title
 8 years ago '09        #48
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
give me a break.. he played on a great team that was prodominantly a 2 man offense... its easy to get points playing with shaq in his prime..

everybody has great numbers when you play with shaq..

im not saying kobe couldnt put those numbers up, but he was not as good as lebron... give me a break.. you dont even believe that
You serious? 30 pts a game and 7 ast while Shaq is your "1st option"... Just think if Shaq wasnt on that team, he would be Lebron but with better stats
 8 years ago '05        #49
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
[quote]
 SuppaSlick said:
I don't really understand what your saying, I'll say the same thing I say everytime

Great stats + Rings>>>>>>>>Amazing Stats

Tim Duncan is also a top player in the league, may even be more valuable to Championship teams then Kobe as well so and its no coincidence he has great stats and championships

Ok atleast your being reasonable, I get your point, but I do think Lebron will get the rings maybe not 4 which is difficult without the all-star sidekick (no moe williams dont count)
I just think he is a better team and individual player.. If he had another coach (God brown is horrible) he would improve much more... give him larry brown, riley, even g karl.. a decent coach and he wins the ship too..
 8 years ago '06        #50
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
[quote=hbk83;14143643]

Ok atleast your being reasonable, I get your point, but I do think Lebron will get the rings maybe not 4 which is difficult without the all-star sidekick (no moe williams dont count)
I just think he is a better team and individual player.. If he had another coach (God brown is horrible) he would improve much more... give him larry brown, riley, even g karl.. a decent coach and he wins the ship too..
Thats cool, its your opinion and I respect it, at least you can make your point without calling Kobe names like P.Dedos or The Bully
 8 years ago '05        #51
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Of course he wouldnt have what kind of question is that?... Shaq wouldnt have won without Kobe either... Same goes for anybody whoever won an NBA title
I know so when people say kobe had shaq, lebron had no one of that caliber, its not fair to use kobe championships in the argument.. this is really incomplete.. cause if you take away the championships lebron IS the better player right? I mean Lebron is obviously the better team player, or MVP of the league, kobe just score alot of points, and he has many more factors.. shaq, phil jackson, pau gasol and odom.. plus a host of clutch veteran players, i mean lebron went to the finals without even an odom. Ya get my point
 8 years ago '09        #52
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 hbk83 said:
I know so when people say kobe had shaq, lebron had no one of that caliber, its not fair to use kobe championships in the argument.. this is really incomplete.. cause if you take away the championships lebron IS the better player right? I mean Lebron is obviously the better team player, or MVP of the league, kobe just score alot of points, and he has many more factors.. shaq, phil jackson, pau gasol and odom.. plus a host of clutch veteran players, i mean lebron went to the finals without even an odom. Ya get my point
Doesnt matter, any great player had a great team around them, MJ, Kobe, Magic etc.... The debate can go on about whose better but unless your a winner, then your not going to be in the discussion and to be a winner, you have to win championships... If he doesnt get the "help" that he needs then i guess he's going to be penalized for having no rings just like your penalizing Kobe for having Shaq... Can you call Lebron a winner? NO... The only real thing he "won" was a gold medal this past summer and guess who was on that team and seemed to motivate everybody to want to win and be better, hmm I dont know Kobe? The USA team didnt do sh*t until Kobe came along.
 8 years ago '09        #53
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
they were on a 2 man offensive team... a team that scores over 100ppg a 2nd 30 pt player is very possible... just like the cavs, they have room for another 30ppg player b/c everyone else is not a 1st or even 2nd option besides lebron...

but kobe wouldnt BE AS GOOD AS LEBRON... be srrrrious here... LEBRON ISNT VERY FAR FROM KOBE RIGHT NOW.. hed easily body kobe @ 24... kobe would play like a b*tch and use shaq to beat him, lebron would have to help out and that would give kobe better looks..

im saying.. put kobe @ 24 on the hawks, and lebron would send his a.ss home

kobe at 24 really didnt have anything on lebron right now... wouldnt be a mention for mvp at all in these times

dont take for granted what lebron is right now... people forget how efficient his season was... PLAYING ON THE BENCH most 4th qtrs...he could've put up better numbers, and if he had shaq, he could score alot more easier
How do you know? At 24 Kobe was known as the best player in the League or at least top 3 and he had someone holding him back from becoming "the man"... When Kobe did become the man, thats when he became considered the best player in the league right?... So if Kobe was "the man" on his team since his rookie year or at least since 99, yeah they may not have 3 rings let alone 1 but Kobe would probably put up better stats than Lebron has at his age considering he was putting up those stats with somebody who demanded the ball almost every play
 8 years ago '06        #54
tdc320 
space
space
$1,490 | Props total: 708 708
I like Lebron. I also like Kobe, but the difference to me is Lebron can't do anything but get to the basket. Kobe can score any way possible. Pull ups, fadaways, drives and post ups. Once Lebron gets his post and pull up game right he will be >>> but until then Kobe> Lebron = Wade.
 07-25-2009, 08:07 PM         #55
Fall of Rome 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lebron's good no doubt but he's still a step behind iverson(at least he won a game in the finals) let alone kobe
 8 years ago '07        #56
th3ptassassin15 
space
space
space
$1,089 | Props total: 10 10
you cant just look at numbers to compare if someone is better than someone. lebron james is not better than kobe bryant. will he be better than kobe.... he has the potential to be, but kobe is the best in the game right now, and i aint even a kobe fan, i hate the lakers and i hate kobe, just real talk
 8 years ago '09        #57
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
I mean lets be real... Allen Iverson accomplished more at this point in his career and even had similar numbers to Lebron but he wasnt put on this pedestal like Lebron...
 07-25-2009, 08:18 PM         #58
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stop please
come back adn make this thread
when lesh*t could do something besides dunk
 8 years ago '09        #59
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
last time i remembered, kobe didnt become "tha man" until 2001, when they got smoked by detroit...

you gotta rememeber what kobe was, he had alot of time to play a sidekick and grow... lebron grew at a much faster rate, and still made cleveland respectable...

yall can disagree... but kobe wouldnt even be better than wade at 24... maybe not melo
Yeah but all this he wouldnt be better than Wade or Melo or Lebron is all speculation and opinion, you really dont know... I guess the same way you dont think he coulda been better than them, he coulda been better than what he was.. He was definately the better offensive player than all 3 of them at this point in his career and their defense at the same is debatable... Just becuase he had Shaq around him and allowed him to grow didnt hinder his work ethic, natural talent and k!ller instinct... He would still have all those even if shaq wasnt on that team and would have been as good as he was without Shaq... Kobe didnt start putting up epic numbers til shaq left and Shaq leaving was the best thing that happened to Kobe's legacy becuase people didnt start saying he was the best til Shaq left and thats becuase he didnt have a chance to show what ALL he could do with someone demanding the ball virtually every possession
 8 years ago '08        #60
topshotta22 
space
space
$4,646 | Props total: 1191 1191
KOBE>Lebrick.......and Wade shoulda won MVP this year...The league were riding Lebrick's nuts as usual...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy