Why We Think Lebron > Kobe

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
96 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
230 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Boose just dropped album of the year with Boopac :chuuch:
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #381
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
 str8_akademiks said:
lol... You guys don't even realize that Kobe has to subdue his game because of the fact that the Lakers are so strong offensively.
Gasol needs shots to be effective, so does Odom, so does Fisher, so does pretty much every single on that team. I don't know if you've realized this but the Lakers are an OFFENSIVE team.
Thus their offense can't revolve around Kobe because of the fact that more posessions for Kobe = less for everyone else and their productivity tails off.. I shouldn't even have to mention the fact that the triangle offense is an equal opportunity offense and it doesn't revolve around a singular player..
In contrast, the Cavs' are a defensive team with players who are NOT very strong offensively besides a few players. The offense revolves around Lebron and he's the one that has to carry the offensive workload on that team. He's in a pick & roll offense that allows him to get an a.ssist or points off nearly every Cavs' basket. Lebron's stats are inflated by the fact that the offense revolves around him.

I feel like I've said this s**t a million times...

You look at those games after losses and statement games that the Lakers need to win and you see Kobe way more dominant because he's taking a bigger role in the offense.

My dude knows his s**t.............
 8 years ago '05        #382
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,034 | Props total: 1226 1226
 str8_akademiks said:
lol... You guys don't even realize that Kobe has to subdue his game because of the fact that the Lakers are so strong offensively.
Gasol needs shots to be effective, so does Odom, so does Fisher, so does pretty much every single on that team. I don't know if you've realized this but the Lakers are an OFFENSIVE team.
Thus their offense can't revolve around Kobe because of the fact that more posessions for Kobe = less for everyone else and their productivity tails off.. I shouldn't even have to mention the fact that the triangle offense is an equal opportunity offense and it doesn't revolve around a singular player..
In contrast, the Cavs' are a defensive team with players who are NOT very strong offensively besides a few players. The offense revolves around Lebron and he's the one that has to carry the offensive workload on that team. He's in a pick & roll offense that allows him to get an a.ssist or points off nearly every Cavs' basket. Lebron's stats are inflated by the fact that the offense revolves around him.

I feel like I've said this s**t a million times...

You look at those games after losses and statement games that the Lakers need to win and you see Kobe way more dominant because he's taking a bigger role in the offense.
first of all kobe had 3 years before all this where he still didnt put up those numbers, and his team sucked

Thats why im saying why are you guys discrediting lebron cause he does not have a ship, cause you are just showing that
1. kobe has better team by far
2. he is in a sytem that allows him not to work as hard
3. he has a great coach

if you pay attention to your post it helps my argument much more cause
Lebron has more pressure, a horrible coach, a horrible team, and a offense that requires him to make every move, what can he do, draw up his own playbook lol,. he wakes up eats his big bowl of s**t with 8 million pounds on his back and still puts up 28 7 7
the man goes out there and performs night in and night out with the weight of the world on his shoulders and puts up those numbers, and when they lose, what do they say?? lebron is overrated, why cant he win, why cant he lead his team, its f**ked up, and espn led this charge on him lol, the station people claims loves him

LEBRON TODAY>>>> KOBE TODAY

Last edited by hbk83; 08-01-2009 at 09:00 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #383
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
lol @ the Cavs being a horrible team..

Apologists really trying to reach here..
65 wins and they're garbage?
They sweep through the first 2 rounds and they're garbage?

Lebron falls into the trap SVG sets for him and gets him to phase out his teamates and THEY'RE garbage?

More like Lebron needs to watch some gametape or keep worrying about his stats because that's all he'll have.
 8 years ago '05        #384
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:

Lebron falls into the trap SVG sets for him and gets him to phase out his teamates and THEY'RE garbage?

More like Lebron needs to watch some gametape or keep worrying about his stats because that's all he'll have.
if you took lebron off that team you think they would make playoff? they would be in last place

now without kobe the lakers could get 30 wins, cavs be lucky to get 10

It was not svg trap either, it was the rest of the team shooting under 30% and no big man down low to stop d howard, lebron cant defend him turk and lewis, sorry but he is not buddha

Last edited by hbk83; 08-01-2009 at 09:14 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #385
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
Hypotheticals are not the best way to try and prove a point.

So far all we've heard in these last 30+ pages are "if Lebron", "when Lebron", "if Kobe", "when Kobe".

s**t's getting old and does nothing.

And yes it was a trap..
Lebron shot 28 fga per game and 16 FTA per game on top of that in that one series.
His posession percentage was over 60%, which is almost double everyone else's except Dwyane Wade.

They tried to play Lebron in the free safety role on defense and he was even worse.. Letting Rafer Alston light his a.ss up...
 8 years ago '05        #386
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:

So far all we've heard in these last 30+ pages are "if Lebron", "when Lebron", "if Kobe", "when Kobe".

And yes it was a trap..
Lebron shot 28 fga per game and 16 FTA per game on top of that in that one series.
His posession percentage was over 60%, which is almost double everyone else's except Dwyane Wade.

They tried to play Lebron in the free safety role on defense and he was even worse.. Letting Rafer Alston light his a.ss up...
i could see if lebron was shooting horrible fg % but he was making his shots, it was the rest of the team that wasn't making theirs, how do you blame lebron? do you actually understand basketball? And his coach did absolutely nothing to adjust besides tell lebron to keep taking it to the basket, when he passed, the team was turning the ball over and missing open jumpers. lebron was f**king phenomonal in that series its a shame it went to waste

Last edited by hbk83; 08-01-2009 at 09:34 PM..
 08-02-2009, 10:16 AM         #387
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Why do the Bron fans continue to ignore some of these comments? Your only replying to the ones you WANT to reply to
Because not everything warrants a response.

See you havent proven your case on why Kobe is better, all your doing is saying Kobe has accomplished more then Lebron because he won 4 championships. Yet as far as individual awards Lebron has done everything on the court minus Finals MVP.

Then you talk about Stats, Lebron has better Stats.

I mean all evidence points to Lebron being a better player. But because Kobe is part of the best team in the NBA that makes you think Kobe is the better player, thinking Kobe made that team that good. When in reality Kobe look as good as he does because of the pieces around him. Because when Kobe had bench players in his starting lineup he was out of the playoffs, and blowing 3-1 leads in the first round.

Everybody keeps talking about the Cavs having the best record and they should have been better. All leaving out the fact that the MAJORITY of teams the Cavs played to get that great record was from the EAST. Yes they play 3-4 games a year every team in the east and 1 or 2 games from west coast teams. Granted its reverse for Kobe and he plays a majority of West Coast teams but in Lebrons defense its not his fault that GMs for East Coast teams dont know how to put together successful teams and cant judge talent to benefit their teams. So abusing a weak a.ss conference to get a great record is not really that big of a deal.

As far as whose the better player it is Lebron.
As far as whose the most accomplished its Kobe.
Lebron makes 2nd and 3rd tier players look like they belong, while Kobe shines and game is elevated with players that make the workload easy for him.
 8 years ago '09        #388
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,501 | Props total: 7265 7265
 A.O.™ said:

See you havent proven your case on why Kobe is better, all your doing is saying Kobe has accomplished more then Lebron because he won 4 championships. Yet as far as individual awards Lebron has done everything on the court minus Finals MVP.

I mean all evidence points to Lebron being a better player. But because Kobe is part of the best team in the NBA that makes you think Kobe is the better player, thinking Kobe made that team that good. When in reality Kobe look as good as he does because of the pieces around him. Because when Kobe had bench players in his starting lineup he was out of the playoffs, and blowing 3-1 leads in the first round.

Everybody keeps talking about the Cavs having the best record and they should have been better. All leaving out the fact that the MAJORITY of teams the Cavs played to get that great record was from the EAST. Yes they play 3-4 games a year every team in the east and 1 or 2 games from west coast teams. Granted its reverse for Kobe and he plays a majority of West Coast teams but in Lebrons defense its not his fault that GMs for East Coast teams dont know how to put together successful teams and cant judge talent to benefit their teams. So abusing a weak a.ss conference to get a great record is not really that big of a deal.

Lebron makes 2nd and 3rd tier players look like they belong, while Kobe shines and game is elevated with players that make the workload easy for him.
...please just stop.
 8 years ago '08        #389
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
 str8_akademiks said:

str8_akademiks said:

And yes it was a trap..

.......CLOSE THREAD....................
 8 years ago '05        #390
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
 A.O.™ said:

im sorry but when comparing players i have to take in account the success they have with there team, because then you have to think that those numbers are empty and dont mean anything. you tryna tell me that we would still be having this agrument if bron was putting up the same numbers but was on the worse team in the league? i doubt that. i think that the fact that bron has brought that team to respectability and a title contender warrants this debate.

but if i had to i would still take kobe. i think he's the better shooter, scorer, and defender (although bron is getting better with his D). bron i feel is a better rebound and passer. most importantly, if there is 5 seconds on the clock i am taking kobe over lebron. thats why i would take kobe overall because i just think he's a better player. thats no slight towards bron (especially when he is my favorite player in the league.) However, i will say that the margin is shrinking with every passing game.
 8 years ago '09        #391
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,203 | Props total: 3501 3501
 Maroon_Tiger said:
last post, i need to address these garbage points

1. I AGREE... SVG set a trap, but it was more of a "catch me if you can" to MIKE BROWN b/c lebron cant score 100/+ ppg.. and SVG knew his teammates wouldnt be consistent... LET ALONE GAURD his versatile players....I'M SHOCKED that you as a hater would even use lebron as the scapegoat for the cavs loss. I THINK YOU GET CONFUSED and think that lebron is the coach of the cavs... MIKE BROWN is the coach, he fell for the trap, the SUPPORTING CAST FELL FOR THE TRAP.....LEBRON NEVER plays as hard as he did in the orlando series...(but he had to to servive, he got no rest, and left it all on the floor to either get his teammates the ball or put the ball in the hoop himself) YOU CANT KNOCK him, he tried his hardest to get his teammates involved... THEY DIDNT GET INVOLVED... hate on his teammates for crying out loud..

you know as a kobe groupie, you'd march outside of staples center if the lakers lost and kobe put up 40/8/8 a night

yes lebron's team won 66 amount of games and got through the 1st two rounds, but they didnt really play anyone... the pistons didnt care about showing up, and the hawks were WITNESSES and lebron's presence is the reason why they won so many games and won in the fashion that they did in the postseason...

yes the cavs won 66 games, but his supporting cast is not built for postseason play and championship level play.. just like the suns

you can call me an apologist, but its a fact that KOBE'S championship teams and championship run teams were waaaaaaaaaay better and deeper than any of lebron's teams... YALL are a joke for even comparing the cavs to teams that have rings/legacy... lebron's team is NOT BUILT FOR THE POSTSEASON...

KOBE HAS LEMAR ODOM as a 6th man, where that would be an allstar candidate and 2nd best player on the cavs

i love how haters think lebron is "IN LOVE WITH PUTTING UP STATS"... b**ch please... hes gotta put up those stats to give his team a chance to win...

lebron's supporting cast is NOT UP TO PAR... i know yall are in love with the reg season theatrics and stats, but they are not built for the postseason

KNOWLEDGE AND OTHER M.TIGER haters, this is my last post for this thread...

:metallicblue: Your addicted to writing long a.ss paragraph's about nothing. I knew you'd be back just like you'll be back again either today or tomorrow You can tell how emotional you get behind this subject just based on the amount of bulls**t you write. Kobe>>>Prince James. Oh and don't forget not to respond again, because we wouldn't want you to contradict yourself now would we:greetings10:
 8 years ago '06        #392
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 StateProperty88 said:
im sorry but when comparing players i have to take in account the success they have with there team, because then you have to think that those numbers are empty and dont mean anything. you tryna tell me that we would still be having this agrument if bron was putting up the same numbers but was on the worse team in the league? i doubt that. i think that the fact that bron has brought that team to respectability and a title contender warrants this debate.

but if i had to i would still take kobe. i think he's the better shooter, scorer, and defender (although bron is getting better with his D). bron i feel is a better rebound and passer. most importantly, if there is 5 seconds on the clock i am taking kobe over lebron. thats why i would take kobe overall because i just think he's a better player. thats no slight towards bron (especially when he is my favorite player in the league.) However, i will say that the margin is shrinking with every passing game.

LeBron fans need to listen to this guy. We can't argue with this statement.
 8 years ago '05        #393
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,956 | Props total: 10873 10873
@ these lebron fans.

Yall k!ll yallself. Rings>>>>>>>>>>>Stats.

48 - 18 STRK: 3 w in a row WIN PCT: 72% 38 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 20-14, Rank #101 | Aug 16: 163-114, Rank #57 | Aug 15: 638-305, Rank #25 | Aug 14: 350-224, Rank #32 | Aug 13: 442-331, Rank #18 | Aug 12: 1015-657, Rank #9 | Aug 11: 2019-1239, Rank #4 | Aug 10: 1992-1221, Rank #6 | Aug 09: 767-342, Rank #8 *
 08-06-2009, 04:30 PM         #394
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Knowledgeable said:

A friendly reminder of you celtic fans before you got KG. Your franchise was a f**king joke

[pic - click to view]

:greetings10:

Humble yourself you dumb f**k.
im not a celtics fan
 8 years ago '06        #395
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,516 | Props total: 17943 17943
No1 is as good as Lebron
 8 years ago '08        #396
damion_mob_30 
space
space
$545 | Props total: 2 2
Kobe!!
 8 years ago '04        #397
Travis 
space
space
space
$32 | Props total: 0 0
bron only avg those number cuz he got the ball all the time n the triangle doesnt require him to handle the ball 24/7 who would you rather have on you team lebron aint got no k!ller instinct yet
 8 years ago '08        #398
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,808 | Props total: 9127 9127
How come people are open to comparing Kobe vs. LBJ and against comparing Kobe to Dwight?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
23 hours ago