most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-29-2009, 01:53 PM         #281
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
lol @ you trying to rationalize your stupidity..
I don't even WATCH ESPN you c*m dispenser. And don't even try to pull that "i'm an old head" bulls**t on me because you're a liar and likely was born AFTER I started watching basketball.

I mean if you really wanna go down this path we can but I promise you it'll turn out ugly.

1991-2009... Lets go down that path, thats my watching basketball career.. But I dont watch summer league, drafts, pre-season, and 50% of the regular season unless its on the Weekends, or TNT when the Knicks are not playing, but I watch every Knick game, and yes its been a long decade... But I watch every f**king Playoff game since 1991 til now, that was televised with my cable provider.
 8 years ago '04        #282
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 A.O.™ said:
1991-2009... Lets go down that path, thats my watching basketball career.. But I dont watch summer league, drafts, pre-season, and 50% of the regular season unless its on the Weekends, or TNT when the Knicks are not playing, but I watch every Knick game, and yes its been a long decade... But I watch every f**king Playoff game since 1991 til now, that was televised with my cable provider.
I hate to sound like a 40 year old dude but I don't even know when I started watching but it was in the mid 80's.
I watch the draft, preseason, etc.. Pretty much everything except summer league.

And I just don't miss Laker games.. Might have missed maybe 10 total in the last 15 years.

I'm not gonna go into my life story but I've been watching the NBA since before most of the dudes on this forum were born..

People can talk about MJ this, Magic that, Bird whatever.. But never seen it in anything but youtube videos...
I've lived through 8 Lakers championships and was a fan since I was born.. Not like some of these bandwagoners.

Last edited by A.G; 07-29-2009 at 02:04 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #283
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Curtisimo said:
as if this thread isn't long enough already theres about to be a battle of who has thebetter nba knowledge

anyway

[pic - click to view]

Hey, if we make a bracket, I want a #1 seed. These LeBron stans are losing and f**kin up their body of work. The selection committee frowns upon people making fairy tale statements.
 8 years ago '04        #284
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 hood135 said:
Hey, if we make a bracket, I want a #1 seed. These LeBron stans are losing and f**kin up their body of work. The selection committee frowns upon people making fairy tale statements.
lol..

That's too funny.
 07-29-2009, 03:01 PM         #285
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
I hate to sound like a 40 year old dude but I don't even know when I started watching but it was in the mid 80's.
I watch the draft, preseason, etc.. Pretty much everything except summer league.

And I just don't miss Laker games.. Might have missed maybe 10 total in the last 15 years.

I'm not gonna go into my life story but I've been watching the NBA since before most of the dudes on this forum were born..

People can talk about MJ this, Magic that, Bird whatever.. But never seen it in anything but youtube videos...
I've lived through 8 Lakers championships and was a fan since I was born.. Not like some of these bandwagoners.
So you watched the 80's, 90's, and this decade.. but why the f**k do you think the 90's is watered down but you big up this era.. Its a mind f**k.
 8 years ago '04        #286
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
So you watched the 80's, 90's, and this decade.. but why the f**k do you think the 90's is watered down but you big up this era.. Its a mind f**k.
Because the talent level sucked..
There were too many expansion teams that came in and were awful for many years..
Too many rule changes, too much isolation basketball.. Defense was rarely played for most of the 90's... It was just a bunch of physical bulls**t that for some reason clowns on here like to glorify like it's embodies the real essence of basketball.
 07-29-2009, 03:38 PM         #287
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
Because the talent level sucked..
There were too many expansion teams that came in and were awful for many years..
Too many rule changes, too much isolation basketball.. Defense was rarely played for most of the 90's... It was just a bunch of physical bulls**t that for some reason clowns on here like to glorify like it's embodies the real essence of basketball.
Shaq, Penny, Grant Hill, Mitch Richmond, Latrell Spreewell, Eddie Jones (lol), Tim Hardaway, Allen Iverson, Jerry Stackhouse, Sheed, etc.. etc..

How could you say the talent level sucked when alot of the players that came to the league in the 90's and just fizzling out now, and we are going into 2010. s**t Didnt Kobe come in 96, and when Kobe first came into the league he was average, and now hes one of the top players in the league.

Expansion teams, Grizzles, Raptors? any others i'm missing? Bobcats came in this decade right?

The same physical play that were regular fouls in the 90's and now Flagrants?

Curtisimo said:
Str8akademiks 1 A.O. 0
Fall back Stanley.
 07-29-2009, 04:02 PM         #288
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
^^ my n*gga defense is more complex now then how it was in the 90's

did they even run zones???

I don't agree that the 90's was more watered down but to act like there was more competition just because it was more physical is irrelevent

I dont even know why you mentioning AI and Shaq like their prime years was in the 90's

And I'm a knickerbocker for life but Latrell Sprewell???

my n*gga log off you're too funny

See my nig, ya n*ggas just be putting words in my mouth.. I said nothing about Defense. I just commented on the physical play. And regardless when their prime years were, they came into the league in the 90s. And you must have missed Spreewell in Golden State, The one man bandit used to be nice.
 8 years ago '04        #289
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
Shaq, Penny, Grant Hill, Mitch Richmond, Latrell Spreewell, Eddie Jones (lol), Tim Hardaway, Allen Iverson, Jerry Stackhouse, Sheed, etc.. etc..

How could you say the talent level sucked when alot of the players that came to the league in the 90's and just fizzling out now, and we are going into 2010. s**t Didnt Kobe come in 96, and when Kobe first came into the league he was average, and now hes one of the top players in the league.

Expansion teams, Grizzles, Raptors? any others i'm missing? Bobcats came in this decade right?

The same physical play that were regular fouls in the 90's and now Flagrants?

Fall back Stanley.
Every era has elite players.
So you naming 10 guys does nothing to prove how the talent level was in the 90's, because there are another 350+ players to account for... And LOL @ the Kobe example.. He came into the league @ 17, and didn't even start until his 3rd season.. That's not even a valid argument..

And Expension teams..

Hornets 88-89
Miami Heat 88-89
Orlando 89-90
Raptors 95-96
Grizz 95-96

I mean really you make an excuse say the Hornets, Heat & Magic were 80's but it took them 5-6 years to even become relevant in the league.. So they sucked well into the 90's.
 8 years ago '09        #290
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,241 | Props total: 3578 3578
 hood135 said:
This thread is 20 pages long and no one has even attempted to answer that question. They just keep changing the subject and avoiding the real issues at hand. I'm about to do a true or false questionaire just to break it down even further.

hood135 said:

@ this n*gga still owning himself.
:owned:

hood135 said:
CLOSE THE f**kING THREAD!

Why was that so hard to say? That's all we've been saying all alone.
Exactly fam
 07-29-2009, 04:59 PM         #291
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
So you naming 10 guys does nothing to prove how the talent level was in the 90's, because there are another 350+ players to account for... And LOL @ the Kobe example.. He came into the league @ 17, and didn't even start until his 3rd season.. That's not even a valid argument..

And Expension teams..

Hornets 88-89
Miami Heat 88-89
Orlando 89-90
Raptors 95-96
Grizz 95-96

I mean really you make an excuse say the Hornets, Heat & Magic were 80's but it took them 5-6 years to even become relevant in the league.. So they sucked well into the 90's.
I just stopped naming players i wasnt really finished.. Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, etc. etc.. But the Kobe argument actually does hold weight. Because Lebron came in the league at 18 just a year older than Kobe and had instant impact. I understand the circumstances of Eddie Jones being good enough to keep Kobe on the bench.

And I am no longer arguing with you on any topic of Lebron and Kobe, you have your stance i have mines. We can just talk basketball from now.
 07-29-2009, 05:26 PM         #292
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only thing men argue this hard about is women and sports.
 8 years ago '04        #293
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
I just stopped naming players i wasnt really finished.. Larry Johnson, Alonzo Mourning, etc. etc.. But the Kobe argument actually does hold weight. Because Lebron came in the league at 18 just a year older than Kobe and had instant impact. I understand the circumstances of Eddie Jones being good enough to keep Kobe on the bench.

And I am no longer arguing with you on any topic of Lebron and Kobe, you have your stance i have mines. We can just talk basketball from now.
I don't think it was even Eddie Jones ..
The Lakers aren't known for playing young players and even moreso Del Harris.. Jerry West said during Kobe's draft workouts "He's better than anyone we've got on the team right now."
The problem was he probably wasn't mature enough to be put as a cog in one of the world's most popular sports teams and one that was still competing to win an NBA title.
He still had to pay his dues to be put in that position... While the Cavs just sucked and had nothing to lose by putting some 17 or 18 year old in position to lead their team from day 1.

And Kobe came into a team that won 53 games the season before he got there.. Lebron came to a team that won 17 games.
 07-29-2009, 06:18 PM         #294
infamous4h4 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
james > wade > kobe = durant = jr smith
 8 years ago '04        #295
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Curtisimo said:
^^ my n*gga defense is more complex now then how it was in the 90's

did they even run zones???

I don't agree that the 90's was more watered down but to act like there was more competition just because it was more physical is irrelevent

I dont even know why you mentioning AI and Shaq like their prime years was in the 90's

And I'm a knickerbocker for life but Latrell Sprewell???

my n*gga log off you're too funny
Zone defense has always been apart of the college ranks so those same players that were in the NBA in the 90's played against zone defense before... Zone Defense is a scapegoat for inept players and teams who cant play man to man... Doesnt mean its harder to score against... It makes it harder to get close shots... You have open long range shots all day by simply passing the ball...

And Shaq didnt win s**t until the great players of the 90's retired and were out of their prime... So showing his failures in the 90's is a valid point... There were no centers of this decade that could even rival Shaq in his good days... But in the 90's he wasnt even considered better than Robinson and Hakeem...
 8 years ago '05        #296
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1232 1232
 str8_akademiks said:
I don't think it was even Eddie Jones ..
The Lakers aren't known for playing young players and even moreso Del Harris.. Jerry West said during Kobe's draft workouts "He's better than anyone we've got on the team right now."
The problem was he probably wasn't mature enough to be put as a cog in one of the world's most popular sports teams and one that was still competing to win an NBA title.
He still had to pay his dues to be put in that position... While the Cavs just sucked and had nothing to lose by putting some 17 or 18 year old in position to lead their team from day 1.

And Kobe came into a team that won 53 games the season before he got there.. Lebron came to a team that won 17 games.
dam what did i miss?? but,
jerry west also said lebron was the best player in the league today
 8 years ago '05        #297
yunsta 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,919 | Props total: 626 626
we just need a cavs vs lakers finals to settle this dispute lol
 8 years ago '08        #298
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 MadGam325 said:
I'm not a Stan. I'm not a Kobe fan at all, Anybody knows me knows that.
People that don't know hoops only look at numbers. In baseball numbers tell the story. Not so in basketball.
Posted via Mobile Device
u right but its funny how the number 81 always pop up when kobe would be discuss. f**k it wade>________ whoever
 8 years ago '08        #299
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 str8_akademiks said:

And Expension teams..

Hornets 88-89
Miami Heat 88-89
Orlando 89-90
Raptors 95-96
Grizz 95-96

give 3 great centers in the league now or the last 8 year true centers 90s>00s
 07-29-2009, 07:54 PM         #300
jdiddy1990 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe-4 rings
LeBron-0 rings
nuf said
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy