Why We Think Lebron > Kobe

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #221
Lester86 
space
space
$1,709 | Props total: 7 7
 PEK said:
With all the sh*t he typed this is the best yall could come up with to try to nit pick his point. Thats cool, it just show that you Kobe stans know that 95% of what he wrote was truth. And BTW, the Lakers went 5-5 the last 10 games before picking up Pau and were no longer #1 in the West. The reason for the Lakers improvement that year was the development of Andruw Bynum, you know the same guy that Kobe wanted to have traded.
nit pick? that was basically his opening statement, which led to his myriad of points that are not facts, but mere opinion and speculation. There's no proof, no evidence that better substantiates or could possibly lead me (i'm not a kobe stan btw) to believe LeBron is supposed to be the better player than Kobe. His whole argument was biased, and you can easily tell by the hostility in which he presents his case.

And thank you for stating the bold, you just drove A.O's "rebuild overnight" case out of the cliff. Indeed, it was due to Andrew Bynum's development over the years. L.A finally had a TRUE center that could anchor the paint. And it's funny that you fail to acknowledge the improvement of other key instrumental players such as Ronny Turiaf, Vladimir Radmanovic (who started over odom for stretch), Luke Walton, and Sasha Vujajic (who shot over 40% from three point land and had his best season that year).

The Lakers did go 5-5, but what you failed to state was 8 of those 10 games would be ON THE ROAD (look it up, Bynum injured on the 31st of January, the games proceeded afterwards would be a lengthy road trip). One can't imagine how a team would function on an 8 game road trip when the loss of an integral player (such as bynum) has to be coped with. So if you ask me, under those circumstances, going 5-5 seems reasonably fair.

Anything else?
 8 years ago '09        #222
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,188 | Props total: 3488 3488
The same bron stans come back in here every single day writing the same sh*t and giving the same excuese on why they think bron is better than kobe like that's gonna change people's minds Then you got certain n*ggas who use to hardly post here coming in here saying kobe fans don't know sh*t about basketball fu*k outta here lame a.ss n*gga. Regardless of what kinda long a.ss paragraphs you n*ggas write it's still gonna be Kobe>>Bron. Get the fu*k over it and stop crying every single fu*king day.:greetings10:

Last edited by Knowledgeable; 07-28-2009 at 04:59 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #223
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,188 | Props total: 3488 3488
 hood135 said:
@ all three of you guys and you're excuses. My argument holds no weight because the Lakers added Gasol? WTF? If I remember correctly, they had the best record in the West before he even got there. I can't say that they would have won it without him because that would be an if just like the rest of the sh*t you guys are basing your arguments off of. If the Lakers had Gasol at the beginning of last year, they would have had more time to gel and would have beaten the Celtics in the finals. Another if...But I chose not to mention this because its hypathetically speaking. That is all yall doing. lets deal with what is. Kobe is by far more skilled. So skilled that he rivals Jordan in that department. I mean are we really ready to put LeBron in that light? Kobe has more championships. Kobe led teams to a championship. Kobe played a prevalent part in winning 4 championships and playing in 6. Kobe has been a first team all defensive guy. Kobe has been an all star. he's won a finals MVP. He's won regular season MVP. He's scored 81 in a game. He's averaged 45 for a month. All these things things are FACTS. I base my opinion off of facts. All you guys are giving is a few good seasons and nothing but stats to show for it.

This guy A.O. says that Kobe's not a leader because he had to score the ball for his team to win and because he wanted some help? What is that? I haven't heard the term ballhog in years. If kobe is a ballhog, Mike is a ballhog. Mike won doing it, Kobe is winning doing it. I like it when yall discredit Kobe and his role on those finals teams. News flash, Kobe handled the ball and played facilitator doing those years too. He shot because he was supposed to when Shaq, the 1st option couldn't. It was kobe and Shaq people. Kobe anchored the D on the perimeter. Shaq anchored it down low. Kobe anchored the O on the perimeter. Shaq anchored it down low. Kobe's role was just important as Shaq's. This is why they were so good. hello? Best perimeter + best post = hard to beat. They both had to lead. So yes he was a good leader and grew into a better leader. Most importantly, he LEARNED to be a good leader. Every good player wants help. your logic sucks. Without it, he was still single handedly getting to the playoffs by himself. And those teams were worse than the Cavs plus they were in a stronger league...the West.

LeBron is a better leader because of what? Because he led his team to the playoffs and lost. Every year the Cavs get better, know why? Because they get better players. So why does Kobe get knocked for wanting better players and getting better players and LeBron does not? I can't answer that question. Everyone's excuse is that LeBron doesn't have players around, well he gets them every year just like Kobe gets them. All I know is, Kobe wins with his. What makes LeBron a better leader? He didn't do such a good leading this year against the Magic when he played 1 on 3, made Mo and Delonte shoot uncharacteristic shots then blame them for missing them. They were fine until Van Gundy figured him out.

What do great leaders do? They adjust and find a way to win. Example: this years lakers vs nuggets series. the Nuggets came out on fire and looked like they were the superior team. It didn't look close. Kobe saw that in order for them to win, he'd have to pick his spots and get his teammates involved. So what does he do? He goes extra hard because they chose to guard him one on one. So hard that he MADE George Karl double him. Kobe knows that the Lakers are unstoppable when the ball is moving so what does he do, he invites the double team and allows himself to get trapped which resulted in wide a.ss open threes for Ariza and Fisher, it opened the lane for Shannon Brown, Odom, and Walton, and it took the pressure off of Pau to score with his back to the basket and allowed him and Andrew to get wide open dunks. Kobe orchestrated that by posting up every time down and dissecting a Nuggets team who was dominating them in every aspect of the game. THAT'S LEADERSHIP. THAT'S MAKING ADJUSTMENTS. THAT'S BASKETBALL. What did LeBron do, he ran low 1 - 4 for 5 games and lost horribly without making any kind of adjustments. This is why Kobe is great. We saw this with our own eyes but haters refuse to acknowledge it. He controlled the game what every player on the floor did. Prove me wrong. LeBron can't do that! fu*k a stat.

You n*ggas worrying about stats and this man out there orchestrating sh*t like a symphony. It's more to the game than stats dude. The great ones figure it out. Lets talk about big shots. So yall saying LeBron has made more big shots? nope. So you're saying LeBron is more clutch? can't be saying that. So you're saying LeBron is a better finisher? I sure hope not because he hasn't finished sh*t. Dude, how are these made up categories. this sh*t is basketball. When you're playing in the backyard, when stats don't matter, the person with the best chance of hittin the game winner gets the ball and more than likely wins the game. Am I right? Well Kobe is that guy who wins the fu*king game. been doing it for years...and WINNING! What has LeBron done besides shoot the damn ball at the end....LOSE. Stats or no stats, that's not great if you can't win.

And a category like best closer is necessary you dumb fu*k. It don't necessarily mean you're a great closer because you hit the game winner. Its what you do down the strtch in order to put your team in a position to win the game. Most of the time the game winners are made by the guy no one pays attention to because they're too pre-occupied with not letting the best player on the floor take the shot...Robert Horry, Derek Fisher...Kobe got them that shot by taking over down the strtch and by drawing double and triple teams. And even in these extreme cases where teams deny the hell out of to get the ball, he still gets it and still makes the shot. 100% of them, hardly. but enough to earn him that title.

Yall n*ggas can't talk to me about no basketball. Close the fu*kin thread. Matter fact delete this whole sh*t cause I know yall tired of hearing the truth.

:owned:
 8 years ago '08        #224
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,814 | Props total: 3446 3446
 Lester86 said:
nit pick? that was basically his opening statement, which led to his myriad of points that are not facts, but mere opinion and speculation. There's no proof, no evidence that better substantiates or could possibly lead me (i'm not a kobe stan btw) to believe LeBron is supposed to be the better player than Kobe. His whole argument was biased, and you can easily tell by the hostility in which he presents his case.

And thank you for stating the bold, you just drove A.O's "rebuild overnight" case out of the cliff. Indeed, it was due to Andrew Bynum's development over the years. L.A finally had a TRUE center that could anchor the paint. And it's funny that you fail to acknowledge the improvement of other key instrumental players such as Ronny Turiaf, Vladimir Radmanovic (who started over odom for stretch), Luke Walton, and Sasha Vujajic (who shot over 40% from three point land and had his best season that year).

The Lakers did go 5-5, but what you failed to state was 8 of those 10 games would be ON THE ROAD (look it up, Bynum injured on the 31st of January, the games proceeded afterwards would be a lengthy road trip). One can't imagine how a team would function on an 8 game road trip when the loss of an integral player (such as bynum) has to be coped with. So if you ask me, under those circumstances, going 5-5 seems reasonably fair.

Anything else?
You should go back and reread what AO posted, cuz you are only focusing on this small part when he said alot more. On top of that, are you trying to imply that picking up Pau wasn't a huge part of making this a championship? Please tell me your're not, and if you're not then you will see that was the only point he was making with the opening statement and move on and comment on the rest of the post. And lol at bringing up the bums Walton and Vujajic.
 8 years ago '05        #225
hbk83 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,029 | Props total: 1226 1226
Both sides keep giving the same FACTS what im trying to say is TODAY the best player is Lebron, meaning forget the 81 forget the 45 for a month, he was the best player then, buts its today, that lebron has become the best no 3 or 4 seasons ago, its about todays talent not when kobe was in his 9th 10th year and lebron was a rookie or second year lol, and your right kobe backed off and starting playing different, and with the back off of his 40 50 point outburst he allowed lebron to become the best today, but neither points are getting off, but to everyone who posted lets pick this up when the season actually comes back around cause it is going wayyy to long lol no hate to anyone just love debating sports
 8 years ago '04        #226
Lester86 
space
space
 PEK said:
You should go back and reread what AO posted, cuz you are only focusing on this small part when he said alot more. On top of that, are you trying to imply that picking up Pau wasn't a huge part of making this a championship? Please tell me your're not, and if you're not then you will see that was the only point he was making with the opening statement and move on and comment on the rest of the post. And lol at bringing up the bums Walton and Vujajic.
of course not, Pau played a huge part in L.A's success. But, before L.A acquired him, analysts already considered the Lakers contenders for the 'ship. And believe it or not, Walton and Vujajic we're indeed improved players that were vital to their teams success. They're games had impact. But of course, we're talking about the 07-08 season..because quite frankly vujajic was garbage during the 08-09 campaign.
 8 years ago '06        #227
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 hbk83 said:
Both sides keep giving the same FACTS what im trying to say is TODAY the best player is Lebron, meaning forget the 81 forget the 45 for a month, he was the best player then, buts its today, that lebron has become the best no 3 or 4 seasons ago, its about todays talent not when kobe was in his 9th 10th year and lebron was a rookie or second year lol, and your right kobe backed off and starting playing different, and with the back off of his 40 50 point outburst he allowed lebron to become the best today, but neither points are getting off, but to everyone who posted lets pick this up when the season actually comes back around cause it is going wayyy to long lol no hate to anyone just love debating sports
What makes LeBron better today besides his stats? What did he accomplish this year besides the best record in the East, which doesn't go on a resume and a regular season MVP.

You mean to tell me that those accomplishments trump what Kobe did this year in leading his team to the best record in the West, a championship, and the finals MVP?

And both sides aint bringing up facts. The only facts that LeBron fans are coming up with are stats. that's it. Everything else is speculation.

i hope that we're all smart enough to know that there are a lot of variables involved when saying one person is better than the other. All I know is, something ain't addin up because LeBron is still being called the best and he's losing considerably in the variables category.

So we can put it off until whenever.
 8 years ago '04        #228
Lester86 
space
space
 hood135 said:
What makes LeBron better today besides his stats? What did he accomplish this year besides the best record in the East, which doesn't go on a resume and a regular season MVP.

You mean to tell me that those accomplishments trump what Kobe did this year in leading his team to the best record in the West, a championship, and the finals MVP?

And both sides aint bringing up facts. The only facts that LeBron fans are coming up with are stats. that's it. Everything else is speculation.

i hope that we're all smart enough to know that there are a lot of variables involved when saying one person is better than the other. All I know is, something ain't addin up because LeBron is still being called the best and he's losing considerably in the variables category.

So we can put it off until whenever.
honestly, if they want to bring up stats, then you might as well pull up stats from when Kobe wore number 8. His numbers were IMPECCABLE.
 8 years ago '08        #229
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,929 | Props total: 7322 7322
Way to much reading and writing. Kobe>Lebron get over it.
 07-28-2009, 05:34 PM         #230
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2007 Finals....biggest chokejob in NBA history
 8 years ago '06        #231
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Andre3stacks said:
Way to much reading and writing. Kobe>Lebron get over it.
My bad homie. Time well wasted though. Had to debunk some of these outlandish myths that guys are throwing out there like don't nobody else watch basketball.
 8 years ago '06        #232
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
not if lebron keeps playing the way he does, kobe will be remembered as a guy who one 4 championships, but lebron will be remembered as leading his team to 3-4 championships

See this the sh*t I've been dealing wit all day.
 8 years ago '07        #233
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Knowledgeable said:
The same bron stans come back in here every single day writing the same sh*t and giving the same excuese on why they think bron is better than kobe like that's gonna change people's minds Then you got certain n*ggas who use to hardly post here coming in here saying kobe fans don't know sh*t about basketball fu*k outta here lame a.ss n*gga. Regardless of what kinda long a.ss paragraphs you n*ggas write it's still gonna be Kobe>>Bron. Get the fu*k over it and stop crying every single fu*king day.:greetings10:
Fool how you gonna say the SAME bron stans posting over and over when you a kobe fan and got more posts slurping kobe?? sh*t is hypocritical and i bet more than half your posting history is in these kobe/lebron threads

btw, the biggest post was by a kobe fan.
 8 years ago '06        #234
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
not if lebron keeps playing the way he does, kobe will be remembered as a guy who one 4 championships, but lebron will be remembered as leading his team to 3-4 championships

im not going to write a blog like hood... but im tired of people od'ing on kobe and portraying him as the perfect player/career...

bx kobe stans are extremely disrespectful when talking about lebron's career... i think they're very territorial and cant acknowledge any newcomers
You're funny. Been waitin on this sh*t since the playoffs (pause). You hollering about respect. I never once disrected LeBron...in none of my "blogs". Futhermore, what respect does this n*gga deserve? Nobody paints career to be perfect. He's has his down times. I pointed that out too. So what the fu*k are you talking about.

My view of Bron and I've said this a thousand times: I think he is an amazing player. I HOPE he breaks all those records and wins a lot of championships. but like everybody else, he has to earn his stripes. Respect is earned. You talkin like Bron is invincible or something. He's clearly not...he still has work to do. Nothing wrong with that.
 8 years ago '06        #235
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
sure, i can understand the "IF" that we talk about that "lebron will retire with a better career than kobe"

all im saying is that lebron is a more robust offensive player at this stage of his career... hes close to being on the same level of execution as kobe with 7 less years of experience... if he develops a jumper that he can rely on all game LIKE KOBE, and get a team that is talented enough to let him jack up crazy shots and still win, LIKE KOBE, we'll see him dominate the nba like kobe or better
I agree, but for the time being...He's not and you guys just won't admit it. I just hear a lot of the yellow being spewed around. He ain't there yet.
 8 years ago '07        #236
Bigakathebeast 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,060 | Props total: 137 137
got damn 19 pages...........mods should rename this thread "The official Lebron vs Kobe discussion thread"
 8 years ago '07        #237
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
Lol yall dudes in here writing stories and sh*t. Lmao
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '05        #238
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
 hood135 said:
@ all three of you guys and you're excuses. My argument holds no weight because the Lakers added Gasol? WTF? If I remember correctly, they had the best record in the West before he even got there. I can't say that they would have won it without him because that would be an if just like the rest of the sh*t you guys are basing your arguments off of. If the Lakers had Gasol at the beginning of last year, they would have had more time to gel and would have beaten the Celtics in the finals. Another if...But I chose not to mention this because its hypathetically speaking. That is all yall doing. lets deal with what is. Kobe is by far more skilled. So skilled that he rivals Jordan in that department. I mean are we really ready to put LeBron in that light? Kobe has more championships. Kobe led teams to a championship. Kobe played a prevalent part in winning 4 championships and playing in 6. Kobe has been a first team all defensive guy. Kobe has been an all star. he's won a finals MVP. He's won regular season MVP. He's scored 81 in a game. He's averaged 45 for a month. All these things things are FACTS. I base my opinion off of facts. All you guys are giving is a few good seasons and nothing but stats to show for it.

This guy A.O. says that Kobe's not a leader because he had to score the ball for his team to win and because he wanted some help? What is that? I haven't heard the term ballhog in years. If kobe is a ballhog, Mike is a ballhog. Mike won doing it, Kobe is winning doing it. I like it when yall discredit Kobe and his role on those finals teams. News flash, Kobe handled the ball and played facilitator doing those years too. He shot because he was supposed to when Shaq, the 1st option couldn't. It was kobe and Shaq people. Kobe anchored the D on the perimeter. Shaq anchored it down low. Kobe anchored the O on the perimeter. Shaq anchored it down low. Kobe's role was just important as Shaq's. This is why they were so good. hello? Best perimeter + best post = hard to beat. They both had to lead. So yes he was a good leader and grew into a better leader. Most importantly, he LEARNED to be a good leader. Every good player wants help. your logic sucks. Without it, he was still single handedly getting to the playoffs by himself. And those teams were worse than the Cavs plus they were in a stronger league...the West.

LeBron is a better leader because of what? Because he led his team to the playoffs and lost. Every year the Cavs get better, know why? Because they get better players. So why does Kobe get knocked for wanting better players and getting better players and LeBron does not? I can't answer that question. Everyone's excuse is that LeBron doesn't have players around, well he gets them every year just like Kobe gets them. All I know is, Kobe wins with his. What makes LeBron a better leader? He didn't do such a good leading this year against the Magic when he played 1 on 3, made Mo and Delonte shoot uncharacteristic shots then blame them for missing them. They were fine until Van Gundy figured him out.

What do great leaders do? They adjust and find a way to win. Example: this years lakers vs nuggets series. the Nuggets came out on fire and looked like they were the superior team. It didn't look close. Kobe saw that in order for them to win, he'd have to pick his spots and get his teammates involved. So what does he do? He goes extra hard because they chose to guard him one on one. So hard that he MADE George Karl double him. Kobe knows that the Lakers are unstoppable when the ball is moving so what does he do, he invites the double team and allows himself to get trapped which resulted in wide a.ss open threes for Ariza and Fisher, it opened the lane for Shannon Brown, Odom, and Walton, and it took the pressure off of Pau to score with his back to the basket and allowed him and Andrew to get wide open dunks. Kobe orchestrated that by posting up every time down and dissecting a Nuggets team who was dominating them in every aspect of the game. THAT'S LEADERSHIP. THAT'S MAKING ADJUSTMENTS. THAT'S BASKETBALL. What did LeBron do, he ran low 1 - 4 for 5 games and lost horribly without making any kind of adjustments. This is why Kobe is great. We saw this with our own eyes but haters refuse to acknowledge it. He controlled the game what every player on the floor did. Prove me wrong. LeBron can't do that! fu*k a stat.

You n*ggas worrying about stats and this man out there orchestrating sh*t like a symphony. It's more to the game than stats dude. The great ones figure it out. Lets talk about big shots. So yall saying LeBron has made more big shots? nope. So you're saying LeBron is more clutch? can't be saying that. So you're saying LeBron is a better finisher? I sure hope not because he hasn't finished sh*t. Dude, how are these made up categories. this sh*t is basketball. When you're playing in the backyard, when stats don't matter, the person with the best chance of hittin the game winner gets the ball and more than likely wins the game. Am I right? Well Kobe is that guy who wins the fu*king game. been doing it for years...and WINNING! What has LeBron done besides shoot the damn ball at the end....LOSE. Stats or no stats, that's not great if you can't win.

And a category like best closer is necessary you dumb fu*k. It don't necessarily mean you're a great closer because you hit the game winner. Its what you do down the strtch in order to put your team in a position to win the game. Most of the time the game winners are made by the guy no one pays attention to because they're too pre-occupied with not letting the best player on the floor take the shot...Robert Horry, Derek Fisher...Kobe got them that shot by taking over down the strtch and by drawing double and triple teams. And even in these extreme cases where teams deny the hell out of to get the ball, he still gets it and still makes the shot. 100% of them, hardly. but enough to earn him that title.

Yall n*ggas can't talk to me about no basketball. Close the fu*kin thread. Matter fact delete this whole sh*t cause I know yall tired of hearing the truth.
Well put man... I will prop you when I can. :applause:
 8 years ago '04        #239
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
anyone who truly knows basketball knows that this isnt even a debate
kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lebron and it really isnt close
lebron is all super athlete with very little TRUE basketball skills, lebron along with dwight howard are two of the most unfundamentaly sound quote on quote superstars ever. i mean seriously lebron=no post game, bad foot work, has one of the worst looking jumpers, average free throw shooter, dude just bullbozes through the lane to get most of his points
lebron=90% athlete, 10% skill
gimme a skillful, fundamentaly sound basketball player over an athlete anyday of the week
 8 years ago '09        #240
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
This kinda sums up every argument for Lebron

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago