Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
92 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
77 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #101
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
you should have named the title from the start the goat vs the goat

but Mj fans cant answer the question ?? as to why they accept lbj as to kobe taking over their husbands spot
 07-23-2009, 11:44 AM         #102
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe is close and like 3-4 years of surpassing him, if Kobe's next 3-4 years be as successful as last season then it will be Kobe > Jordan and i can give a f*** with with anyone says, i'd go on ESPN and say it Stephen A. Smith style
 8 years ago '05        #103
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 326 326
 A.O.™ said:
Why are you laughing?
And why are you bringing up Horace Grant?

Your going to compare that 3peat team to..

Hmmm..

Shaq (most dominant center of this era)
Robert Horry
Rick Fox
Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant (according to you kobe stans, THE GOD)

to

Michael Jordan (God)
Scottie Pippen (the Original Pippen)
Horace Grant avg. 16 pts 9boards
BJ Armstrong avg like 8 pts (not 100 percent)
Bill Cartwright - this dude only got the ball the 1st 2 minutes of every quarter
Will Perdue - need i say more? they didnt call him Will PerDUDU for no reason
John Paxson - Will be remembered for hitting 1 shot in the finals
Scott Williams - thought he could actually play and got shipped all around the league reaching a career high of like 4 points...lol
Cliff Livingston (rarely played and if he did all he did was set picks for MJ and hand him the ball)

and then compare that same Bulls team to

Pau Gasol (Once the Franchise of the Grizzlies)
Andrew Bynum
Trevor Ariza (Donnie Walsh almost made this dude the Franchise of the Knicks...lol)
Kobe Bryant (The best 2G of this era)
Derek Fisher
Lamar Odom (Once the Franchise of the Clippers)

Your f***ing ridiculous.
Exactly, weak n*gga is ignorant
 07-23-2009, 11:46 AM         #104
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 teh truth said:
whywhywhywhywhy?kobe=jordan

jordan retires the people wanted more of him then some c*cky 18 yr old comes in does damage

s*** where is my 4 rings?????

hate it or love it jordan better right now career wise talent wise their both their

but im sorry MJ and to his fans but their is number 24 coming up

btw his career aint over buddies buddies

get mad cuz he did it
talent wise they are not there... If Kobe took half the beating Jordan took in the 80's and 90's he would be out the league already. This n*gga gets FRUSTRATED with contact. Your comparing a dude who played in a defensive ERA where they would just send in n*ggas to Foul Jordan to KEEP him from going off.. To Kobe who plays in an Offensive ERA where if your too close they are calling a foul... So how could you even attempt to compare the talent. But the fact that you never saw JORDAN play, you ONLY saw HIGHLIGHTS you a.ssume they play under the same conditions.

Know what the Hand check was? You keep your hand on the opponent and depending how strong you are you can control the offensive player... keeping him in front of you at all times. Do you understand how significant that was?

Same thing with Flagrant fouls... Whats a flagrant 2 now, was a regular foul in the 90s. Players safety is the issue... issue is highly respected you dont want players to get injured. What does that tell you about the 90s.. the players were tougher.

Do you understand the significance of Zone defense... It masks weak individual defenders by guarding a space. It allows players at the same position not to guard each other. This was non-existant in the 90s. You had to guard your MAN. So yes Starks got lit up, but Starks had the ability to go at Mike. Now you got Allen Iverson playing the 2. And the Guarding the 1. Etc..

Come on man you have to understand all these factors when you give players their due.

Its like c*ck suckers who Claim Wilt is the Greatest Center ever.. Oh my God do you not understand how easy it is to average 45 points and 16 rebounds when your 7 feet, and everybody else is 5 feet, and 6'7 tops...
 07-23-2009, 11:48 AM         #105
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
2nd best player..
Ever heard of Elton Brand.. ?
Elton who? you talk about that bum to came to Philly to a.ssist Igoudala... lol please.. Elton Brand is all stats no substance.
 8 years ago '06        #106
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
 braided_uppimp said:
Kobe is close and like 3-4 years of surpassing him, if Kobe's next 3-4 years be as successful as last season then it will be Kobe > Jordan and i can give a f*** with with anyone says, i'd go on ESPN and say it Stephen A. Smith style
yeah man he is thats why we get these thread constantly

jordan set the bar high now kobe will set the bar higher
 07-23-2009, 11:53 AM         #107
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 teh truth said:
there is alot of things that come in play here.....but first off why cant we just leave it to rest that they are the best in their respective era and just compare wen kobe is done????
I'm fine with that...
 8 years ago '04        #108
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 A.O.™ said:
talent wise they are not there... If Kobe took half the beating Jordan took in the 80's and 90's he would be out the league already. This n*gga gets FRUSTRATED with contact. Your comparing a dude who played in a defensive ERA where they would just send in n*ggas to Foul Jordan to KEEP him from going off.. To Kobe who plays in an Offensive ERA where if your too close they are calling a foul... So how could you even attempt to compare the talent. But the fact that you never saw JORDAN play, you ONLY saw HIGHLIGHTS you a.ssume they play under the same conditions.

Know what the Hand check was? You keep your hand on the opponent and depending how strong you are you can control the offensive player... keeping him in front of you at all times. Do you understand how significant that was?

Same thing with Flagrant fouls... Whats a flagrant 2 now, was a regular foul in the 90s. Players safety is the issue... issue is highly respected you dont want players to get injured. What does that tell you about the 90s.. the players were tougher.

Do you understand the significance of Zone defense... It masks weak individual defenders by guarding a space. It allows players at the same position not to guard each other. This was non-existant in the 90s. You had to guard your MAN. So yes Starks got lit up, but Starks had the ability to go at Mike. Now you got Allen Iverson playing the 2. And the Guarding the 1. Etc..

Come on man you have to understand all these factors when you give players their due.

Its like c*ck suckers who Claim Wilt is the Greatest Center ever.. Oh my God do you not understand how easy it is to average 45 points and 16 rebounds when your 7 feet, and everybody else is 5 feet, and 6'7 tops...
LOL @ the 90's being a defensive era.

That s*** didn't start until like 97..
How exactly is beating someone up and putting them on the line good defense? Hand checking is the biggest bulls*** copout a Jordan stan has ever used.. There were still fouls called if you impede the progress..

Hand Checking: A defender may not place and keep his hand on an opponent unless he is in the area near the basket with his back to the basket. A defender may momentarily touch an opponent with his hand anywhere on the court as long as it does not affect the opponent’s movement (speed, quickness, balance, rhythm).
Zone defense both masks weak defenders and makes your overall defensive scheme stronger. Could you see Ray Allen playing on a great defensive team in the 90's when everyone could just go at him? Now you strengthen your entire team defense even at it's weakest parts.. That doesn't mean that the players in the 90's were better or more sound defensively.. s***, you mean to tell me Byron Scott and Jeff Hornacek were anything better than mediocre? How about Dan Majerle?

People don't understand the premise of zone defense is to take away from that 1 on 1 game that MJ LIVED off. They wanted a more team oriented game that wasn't dominated by 1 player taking his guy off isolation every time down the court.
It makes it HARDER for the offensive player to score because you can shade off your player and MAKE those players make shots.. Like what the Celtics keep facing with Rondo, whereas in the 90's you had to guard that guy no matter how small of a threat he was and watch your other teammate get burned by a good offensive player.
 8 years ago '09        #109
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,188 | Props total: 3488 3488
 A.O.™ said:
You want Kobe to be god.. I'm not even going to try to explain it any more... YOU WIN. KOBE IS GOD. I dont know why they are even other players in the NBA. Kobe can do everything, nobody can do what Kobe does. Kobe is going to be the logo of the NBA, kobe is going to get the Lakers renamed to the Los Angeles Kobe's. Kobe jumps the highest in the NBA, Kobe runs the fastest in the NBA, Kobe is the NATURAL MVP of the league they just give the MVP award to other people to show they are unbias, Kobe Kobe Kobe. Kobe gets to the hole whenever he wants, Kobe plays the best defense, Kobe is the best shot blocker, Kobe is the best scorer, Kobe is the best closer, If it was 5 people on the court Kobe can just jump over all of them and score because Kobe doesnt just leap cars, he leaps humans. Kobe has the best sneakers, Kobe has the best commercials, Kobe has the finest wife, Kobe has the prettiest daughters, Kobe has the best jersey, Kobe has the best socks, Kobe has the best numbers 8 & 24, Kobe has the best house, Kobe has the best introduction in Staples, Kobe made Shaquille, Kobe made Gasol, in other words Kobe is almost equivalent to Chuck Norris in awesomeness...

You happy?
The f*** you getting mad for and writing long a.ss paragraphs about nothing I swear you n*ggas on here are a bunch of emotional a.ss pussies. All I did was break down what you said, because you weren't making any kinda sense saying kobe can be stopped and lebron can't then failing not to incude wade who also gets to the rim whenever he wants. You not responding or having a proper response to the debate at hand shows that you don't even believe the bulls*** that you wrote. Then you proced to type the bulls*** above as to show that you have no real response. If your trying to be funny then try again, because not only did you fail at your post about being "UNSTOPPABLE", but your dry humor isn't doing you any justice either. Stick to the S&R section fam
 8 years ago '04        #110
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 A.O.™ said:
Elton who? you talk about that bum to came to Philly to a.ssist Igoudala... lol please.. Elton Brand is all stats no substance.
He was still the player LA tried to build around, whether you want to admit it or not..
 07-23-2009, 11:55 AM         #111
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
you know what i'll admit str8 akademiks knows his shyt, the rest of these kobe stans dont know diddly about basketball
True, but he also says ridiculous s*** too... Atleast hes a diehard... unlike 75% of Kobe stans, who will be Lebron stans when Kobe retires... You know n*ggas will always d***ride whose on top no pun intended.
 8 years ago '09        #112
space
space
 A.O.™ said:

:metallicblue: Give it a rest fam. You writing all this s*** and at the end of the day it's all opinions and your not gonna convince anybody to take you side so let your fingers get a rest.
 8 years ago '07        #113
th3ptassassin15 
space
space
space
$1,089 | Props total: 10 10
and dont know who the hell thinks this. at this point kobe is the closest to mj, lebron aint even done anything so he cant be considered so i dont know who thinks this
 07-23-2009, 12:05 PM         #114
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Knowledgeable said:
The f*** you getting mad for and writing long a.ss paragraphs about nothing I swear you n*ggas on here are a bunch of emotional a.ss pussies. All I did was break down what you said, because you weren't making any kinda sense saying kobe can be stopped and lebron can't then failing not to incude wade who also gets to the rim whenever he wants. You not responding or having a proper response to the debate at hand shows that you don't even believe the bulls*** that you wrote. Then you proced to type the bulls*** above as to show that you have no real response. If your trying to be funny then try again, because not only did you fail at your post about being "UNSTOPPABLE", but your dry humor isn't doing you any justice either. Stick to the S&R section fam
Doggy why do you keep bring up Dwayne Wade?

I said Kobe is stoppable its beyond true, its been done... Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell. Kobe is not explosive to the hole. If his jump shot is BROKEN that day, HE WILL BE STOPPED. damn dog is that s*** hard for you to understand? Kobe's jumper is his strength agreed? So if Kobe is off does Kobe say "f*** that i'm going to the hole" NO he keeps shooting. Can Kobe go to the hole? yes is he as dominant as Lebron going to the hole, NO.

While Lebron his strength is going to the rack... can anybody stop that? NO. Then you clog the lane and he cant bulldoze his way to the hole. He starts shooting, and if hes on. he can still get to the rack. And if hes off, he can still get to the rack? Therefore making him unstoppable.

Dwayne Wade... f***** a.ss n*gga had a headache and shut his season down cause his team was like 40 games out 8th place. I dont have respect for this clown. Yes he can get to hole when he wants, but D-Whistle cause his jump shot is mediocre at best. and he has no 3pt range. (he's working on it) but again mediocre at best. He is not in the realm of unstoppable.

Kobe is Unstoppable when his jumpshot is on, can be stopped when his jump shot is off.
Lebron is Unstoppable whether his jump shot is on or not.
D-Wade.. still dont understand why i am commenting on this n*gga.
 8 years ago '09        #115
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
Doggy why do you keep bring up Dwayne Wade?

I said Kobe is stoppable its beyond true, its been done... Bruce Bowen, Raja Bell. Kobe is not explosive to the hole. If his jump shot is BROKEN that day, HE WILL BE STOPPED. damn dog is that s*** hard for you to understand? Kobe's jumper is his strength agreed? So if Kobe is off does Kobe say "f*** that i'm going to the hole" NO he keeps shooting. Can Kobe go to the hole? yes is he as dominant as Lebron going to the hole, NO.

While Lebron his strength is going to the rack... can anybody stop that? NO. Then you clog the lane and he cant bulldoze his way to the hole. He starts shooting, and if hes on. he can still get to the rack. And if hes off, he can still get to the rack? Therefore making him unstoppable.

Dwayne Wade... f***** a.ss n*gga had a headache and shut his season down cause his team was like 40 games out 8th place. I dont have respect for this clown. Yes he can get to hole when he wants, but D-Whistle cause his jump shot is mediocre at best. and he has no 3pt range. (he's working on it) but again mediocre at best. He is not in the realm of unstoppable.

Kobe is Unstoppable when his jumpshot is on, can be stopped when his jump shot is off.
Lebron is Unstoppable whether his jump shot is on or not.
D-Wade.. still dont understand why i am commenting on this n*gga.

Dog I understand exactly what your saying, but your not understanding me. Kobe is unstoppable regardless. If he misses he can still get to the rack just based off pure skills and lebron gets there off power and strength, but bron isn't unstoppable, because he's not that consistant with his jumper. He can get hot one minute and the next dead cold so he's not "unstoppable" on both offensive aspects. Kobe and bron both have flaws to there games, but basically what your saying is that jordan in his prime wasn't unstoppable anymore, because he couldn't get to the hole like he use to when he was younger and to me that's false. We all know that as jordan got older he relied more on his offensve skills and his jumpshot more than his athleticism, but did that mean he was any less unstoppable? NO IT DOESN"T!!!!!!!! So to say that you have to apply that to jordan and you've already said that he was "unstoppable" so you can't say that kobe isn't, because he relies more on his jumper and pure skill than his athletic ability like he did when he was much younger. Hopefully now you understand, because I can't get any clearer man.

Last edited by Knowledgeable; 07-23-2009 at 12:16 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #116
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 Knowledgeable said:
Dog I understand exactly what your saying, but your not understanding me. Kobe is unstoppable regardless. If he misses he can still get to the rack just based off pure skills and lebron gets there off power and strength, but bron isn't unstoppable, because he's not that consistant with his jumper. He can get hot one minute and the next dead cold so he's not "unstoppable" on both offensive aspects. Kobe and bron both have flaws to there games, but basically what your saying is that jordan in his prime wasn't unstoppable anymore, because he couldn't get to the hole like he use to when he was younger and to me that's false. We all know that as jordan got older he relied more on his offensve skills and his jumpshot more than his athleticism, but did that mean he was any less unstoppable? NO IT DOESN"T!!!!!!!! So to say that you have to apply that to jordan and you've already said that he was "unstoppable" so you can't say that kobe isn't, because he relies more on his jumper and pure skill than his athletic ability like he did when he was much younger. Hopefully now you understand, because I can't get any clearer man.

He said d-whistle jumper is mediocre lol....I stopped reading there... Just cuz u don't shoot the three well doesn't mean ur jumper is mediocre
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #117
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
 Mikool said:
THIS IS WHY I WOULD PUT KOBE OVER LEBRON UNTIL HE CAN DO THIS THIS ITS NOT EVEN A CONVERSATION

to be fair, that happened in the season wade played at 70%, and he got a 4 point play in kobe's grill a few possessions later
 8 years ago '05        #118
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
^^^

On some real s*** though AO be writing long a.ss paragraphs...it would be crazy if he was doing it from a phone lol
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #119
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
AO is f***in retarded thats all i gotta say. i seriously cant believe some of the s*** that i just read
 07-23-2009, 01:28 PM         #120
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sheeed said:
He said d-whistle jumper is mediocre lol....I stopped reading there... Just cuz u don't shoot the three well doesn't mean ur jumper is mediocre
Posted via Mobile Device
D-Whistle got a lil 15ft jump shot... thats not a jimmy.. Its decent range lets just say I'm not impressed.

l0udm0uf said:
AO is f***in retarded thats all i gotta say. i seriously cant believe some of the s*** that i just read
Cause you don't agree doesn't make me retarded, just means you have a different opinion. Dumb a.ss...
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
113 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy