Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

most viewed right now
NFL Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread
849 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
58 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #81
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 326 326
 str8_akademiks said:
LMAO.. First of all.. You act like MJ just won those titles single-handedly.. As if Pippen, Rodman, Harper, Grant, etc weren't s***..

And the 90's is widely considered the worst & most diluted era of the NBA since the 70's, yet EVERY team MJ beat was better than the teams that the Lakers & Cavs lost to?
Why don't you go ahead and remove MJ's c*ck from your mouth.

The Celtics, Pistons and Spurs are better than EVERY single team that the Bulls had to face in the 90's in the finals.
The only good defensive team that Chicago ever faced in the finals was Seattle.
There is no need to compare stats beCause you a fool if u think anyone other than wilt was a better screr than mike. Period. Kobe and lbj no comparison. Championships make u a winner. Jordan never lost in the finals let alone got swept n*gga. You have no basketball IQ if u think the celtics, pistons, and spurs would beat the 91 lakers, 92 blazers, 93 suns, 96 sonics, and the jazz in 7 game series in the finals n*gga. Aint no way in hell that would happen. 90s bball>>>>2000s bball and it ain't even close.

And Jordan did have a squad the SECOND go round, but so did Kobe in 08 and he got blasted!!! Jordans knew how to win with elite talent Kobe got a gifted ship by playing the 09 magic.
 8 years ago '04        #82
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
 A.O.™ said:
You want Kobe to be god.. I'm not even going to try to explain it any more... YOU WIN. KOBE IS GOD. I dont know why they are even other players in the NBA. Kobe can do everything, nobody can do what Kobe does. Kobe is going to be the logo of the NBA, kobe is going to get the Lakers renamed to the Los Angeles Kobe's. Kobe jumps the highest in the NBA, Kobe runs the fastest in the NBA, Kobe is the NATURAL MVP of the league they just give the MVP award to other people to show they are unbias, Kobe Kobe Kobe. Kobe gets to the hole whenever he wants, Kobe plays the best defense, Kobe is the best shot blocker, Kobe is the best scorer, Kobe is the best closer, If it was 5 people on the court Kobe can just jump over all of them and score because Kobe doesnt just leap cars, he leaps humans. Kobe has the best sneakers, Kobe has the best commercials, Kobe has the finest wife, Kobe has the prettiest daughters, Kobe has the best jersey, Kobe has the best socks, Kobe has the best numbers 8 & 24, Kobe has the best house, Kobe has the best introduction in Staples, Kobe made Shaquille, Kobe made Gasol, in other words Kobe is almost equivalent to Chuck Norris in awesomeness...
You happy?
For 90% of that rant if you replaced Kobe with MJ no one would argue with you. Let's give it a try.

You want MJ to be god.. I'm not even going to try to explain it any more... YOU WIN. MJ IS GOD. I dont know why they are even other players in the NBA. MJ can do everything, nobody can do what MJ does. MJ is going to be the logo of the NBA, MJ is going to get the Bulls renamed to the Chicago MJ's. MJ jumps the highest in the NBA, MJ runs the fastest in the NBA, MJ is the NATURAL MVP of the league they just give the MVP award to other people to show they are unbias, MJ MJ MJ. MJ gets to the hole whenever he wants, MJ plays the best defense, MJ is the best shot blocker, MJ is the best scorer, MJ is the best closer, If it was 5 people on the court MJ can just jump over all of them and score because MJ doesnt just leap cars, he leaps monsters havent' you seen Space Jam. MJ has the best sneakers, MJ has the best commercials, MJ has the realest wife, MJ has the prettiest daughter, MJ has the best jersey, MJ has the best socks, MJ has the best numbers 23 & 45, MJ has the best house, MJ has the best introduction at the UC, MJ made Pippen, in other words MJ is almost equivalent to Chuck Norris in awesomeness...

Last edited by wheezyfbaby; 07-23-2009 at 11:12 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #83
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
 A.O.™ said:
You want Kobe to be god.. I'm not even going to try to explain it any more... YOU WIN. KOBE IS GOD. I dont know why they are even other players in the NBA. Kobe can do everything, nobody can do what Kobe does. Kobe is going to be the logo of the NBA, kobe is going to get the Lakers renamed to the Los Angeles Kobe's. Kobe jumps the highest in the NBA, Kobe runs the fastest in the NBA, Kobe is the NATURAL MVP of the league they just give the MVP award to other people to show they are unbias, Kobe Kobe Kobe. Kobe gets to the hole whenever he wants, Kobe plays the best defense, Kobe is the best shot blocker, Kobe is the best scorer, Kobe is the best closer, If it was 5 people on the court Kobe can just jump over all of them and score because Kobe doesnt just leap cars, he leaps humans. Kobe has the best sneakers, Kobe has the best commercials, Kobe has the finest wife, Kobe has the prettiest daughters, Kobe has the best jersey, Kobe has the best socks, Kobe has the best numbers 8 & 24, Kobe has the best house, Kobe has the best introduction in Staples, Kobe made Shaquille, Kobe made Gasol, in other words Kobe is almost equivalent to Chuck Norris in awesomeness...

You happy?

lmao....i swear while reading that i was thinkin, "this sounds like one of them things about chuck norris"

"chuck dont do push ups, he pushes the earth down"
 8 years ago '05        #84
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 326 326
And I'm no Kobe hater, Kobe is the best of his era but not top 5 ever in the history of the sport.
 8 years ago '04        #85
VAsFinest 
space
space
space
$39 | Props total: 0 0
 str8_akademiks said:
I've seen the clips hundreds of times before.. You're not the first person to post them.

If you really think that Kobe brought absolutely nothing to the game then you should just log off and hug your life-sized MJ fathead.
i guarantee u have not seen atleast 75% of these clips...also i never said kobe didnt bring anything...obviously u havent read my post. i know what type of person u are...ur just one of them ignorant a.ss dudes who dont listen to or see anything else but whats in ur own head, even when its right in front of u. no wonder u love kobe...
 8 years ago '04        #86
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 VAsFinest said:
i guarantee u have not seen atleast 75% of these clips...also i never said kobe didnt bring anything...obviously u havent read my post. i know what type of person u are...ur just one of them ignorant a.ss dudes who dont listen to or see anything else but whats in ur own head, even when its right in front of u. no wonder u love kobe...
I've SEEN those EXACT videos..
They're been posted on these forums numerous times.

So you're both idiotic and presumptuous..

Remove MJ's d*** from your mouth.
 07-23-2009, 11:20 AM         #87
Tuodeci 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wades better than both lbj and kobe
Posted via Mobile Device
 07-23-2009, 11:22 AM         #88
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 casper said:
lmao....i swear while reading that i was thinkin, "this sounds like one of them things about chuck norris"

"chuck dont do push ups, he pushes the earth down"
I mean its just how these n*ggas sound.

Anything you name, you bring up, Kobe does it better.

Talk about jump shots, Kobes is better
Talk about going to the rack, Kobe does it better
Talk about dunks, Kobe is the best dunker
Talk about anything, and Kobe does it better.

I'm just going to stop entering Kobe threads.

In my life Ive never seen such Bias fans...

When I was a die-hard Penny Hardaway fans early 90s. (still am, but i mean when my son was actually balling)... i could ADMIT Jordan was the BEST PLAYER in the NBA, but Penny was still my favorite... I COULD ADMIT Grant Hill had a better crossover then Penny.

Even Tom Brady fans however Bias can admit to certain things Peyton Manning does better than Brady.

Even Barry Sanders fans can admit other running backs being great.

But Kobe fans... NO SIR...
Kobe molded his game after Mike (they dont accept it) what do they say? MJ played in a less athletic league now there are 30 players athletic like Mike so Kobe's Better.

Kobe lost 2 Finals (MJ lost 0) what do they say? so what Kobe still better.

Jordan has 5 league MVPs, Kobe has 1... but what do they say Kobe > MJ

I wont even list Jordans accomplishments but lets go 5 MVPs, 6 Chips, 6 Finals MVPs, a couple scoring titles... Kobe wont reach these accomplishments but what do they say.. So what look who Jordan was playing against... you know Hakeem Olajuwon, Isiah Thomas, David Robinson, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley (noticed I named all HALL OF FAMERS) but what do Kobe fans say... Them dudes is all OLD, kobes going up against Lebron, Carmelo, and D-Wade.. Therefore Kobes better and its hard to win such prestigious awards with such competition.

I mean gimme a f***ing break yo...
 8 years ago '04        #89
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Bigrel said:
There is no need to compare stats beCause you a fool if u think anyone other than wilt was a better screr than mike. Period. Kobe and lbj no comparison. Championships make u a winner. Jordan never lost in the finals let alone got swept n*gga. You have no basketball IQ if u think the celtics, pistons, and spurs would beat the 91 lakers, 92 blazers, 93 suns, 96 sonics, and the jazz in 7 game series in the finals n*gga. Aint no way in hell that would happen. 90s bball>>>>2000s bball and it ain't even close.

And Jordan did have a squad the SECOND go round, but so did Kobe in 08 and he got blasted!!! Jordans knew how to win with elite talent Kobe got a gifted ship by playing the 09 magic.
Save the garbage for someone who'll believe it.

The Celtics, Pistons and Spurs would have beat EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE TEAMS THE BULLS FACED IN THE FINALS.

The Celtics had 3 hall of famers in their prime, and were one of the best defensive teams we've ever seen.. Who's realistically been better than they were in 08 and most of 09 before KG went down??

The Pistons were the best defensive team I've ever seen.. And believe me when I say that I've been watching the NBA for a hell of a lot longer than most people here. They were better than the Celtics were last year and that's saying A LOT. They were balanced offensively and held something like 10 teams under 70 points in a season.. Do you understand how ridiculous that is? Check out the opponent stats and you'll realize that you're wrong.

And LOL @ Jordan not having a team in the first threepeat.. Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant are rolling in their graves.
 07-23-2009, 11:24 AM         #90
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:

i'm still @the 2000s being better than the 90s.... any era where steve nash wins the MVP awardnot once but twice cant be taken seriously
I always laugh at that too...

Professional athletes being a.ssisted allowed to play ZONE defense because motherf***ers that get paid millions and millions of dollars cant guard their respected position one on one.

Yet the 2000s is better than the 90s. Yet I can name 10 Centers from the 90s that will s*** all over the 2000s.

And you cant name me 10 centers right now that can hold a jockstrap to Patrick Ewing.
 07-23-2009, 11:26 AM         #91
cfalcon22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only place Kobe isn't close to MJ is the media hype department. Also, he doesn't have as many rings or individual accomplishments. But that doesn't say much about his game. MJ w as great, but lets stop the comparisons. MJ was the best of the 90's, Kobe is the best now, and some n*gga gonna be the best in the next decade/era.
quit comparing n*ggas.
 8 years ago '04        #92
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 The Bully said:
right, and the 2000s is that much better than the 90s? so you believe that from the 90s to the 2000s, in a relatively short 10-year span, that the league went from being "the worst and most diluted" to being "full of defensive juggernauts"?:rolleyes:

fact is n*ggas cant say jordan wouldnt have done shyt in the modern era, because the n*gga played at age 40 on two bad knees in 2003 and still put up 20 points per game (and dont give me that he took alot of shots bullshyt either, he played on a sorry a.ss team) and he was shytting on bruce bowen, shawn marion, and ron artest :owned:the same players n*ggas love to d***ride defensively

i'm still @the 2000s being better than the 90s.... any era where steve nash wins the MVP awardnot once but twice cant be taken seriously
Do you realize all of the rule changes that happened in the 2000's to take away from the iso era that the 90's was?
And MJ averaged 18fga per game when he scored 20ppg.. That s*** is not impressive by any means.
 8 years ago '04        #93
VAsFinest 
space
space
space
$39 | Props total: 0 0
 str8_akademiks said:
I've SEEN those EXACT videos..
They're been posted on these forums numerous times.

So you're both idiotic and presumptuous..

Remove MJ's d*** from your mouth.
i dont have anyones d*** in my mouth. i just speak the truth. and if u had already seen these videos then u KNOW that Kobe modeled his WHOLE game after MJ but it seems like u cant accept the truth. i guess ur just blinded by kobes load on ur face
 8 years ago '06        #94
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,186 | Props total: 38 38
whywhywhywhywhy?kobe=jordan

jordan retires the people wanted more of him then some c*cky 18 yr old comes in does damage

s*** where is my 4 rings?????

hate it or love it jordan better right now career wise talent wise their both their

but im sorry MJ and to his fans but their is number 24 coming up

btw his career aint over buddies buddies

get mad cuz he did it
 07-23-2009, 11:32 AM         #95
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
And LOL @ Jordan not having a team in the first threepeat.. Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant are rolling in their graves.
Why are you laughing?
And why are you bringing up Horace Grant?

Your going to compare that 3peat team to..

Hmmm..

Shaq (most dominant center of this era)
Robert Horry
Rick Fox
Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant (according to you kobe stans, THE GOD)

to

Michael Jordan (God)
Scottie Pippen (the Original Pippen)
Horace Grant avg. 16 pts 9boards
BJ Armstrong avg like 8 pts (not 100 percent)
Bill Cartwright - this dude only got the ball the 1st 2 minutes of every quarter
Will Perdue - need i say more? they didnt call him Will PerDUDU for no reason
John Paxson - Will be remembered for hitting 1 shot in the finals
Scott Williams - thought he could actually play and got shipped all around the league reaching a career high of like 4 points...lol
Cliff Livingston (rarely played and if he did all he did was set picks for MJ and hand him the ball)

and then compare that same Bulls team to

Pau Gasol (Once the Franchise of the Grizzlies)
Andrew Bynum
Trevor Ariza (Donnie Walsh almost made this dude the Franchise of the Knicks...lol)
Kobe Bryant (The best 2G of this era)
Derek Fisher
Lamar Odom (Once the Franchise of the Clippers)

Your f***ing ridiculous.
 8 years ago '07        #96
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 str8_akademiks said:
People can create whatever reality they want for themselves but Pippen set up the triangle offense, was the primary playmaker and the defensive stopper on those Bulls teams.

But I guess since MJ scored more.... nevermind.

Feelings will be caught.
see this is the type of s*** I'm talking about kobe stans are f***ing stupid. If you honestly think that pippen and shaq are on the same level then you are a retard. Shaq is maybe the most dominant center to ever play. He's top 3 as far as being dominant for sure. He commanded double teams everytime he touched the ball or it was over. Its much easier to win with a dominate center vs a great wing player. Another thing name one team that kobe beat in the finals that was better than any team mj beat in the finals. The two times the lakers played real contenders look what happened. you know what its really no point cuz ur just gonna be like uhhh well jordan played short players or some stupid s*** like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #97
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
 cfalcon22 said:
The only place Kobe isn't close to MJ is the media hype department. Also, he doesn't have as many rings or individual accomplishments. But that doesn't say much about his game. MJ w as great, but lets stop the comparisons. MJ was the best of the 90's, Kobe is the best now, and some n*gga gonna be the best in the next decade/era.
quit comparing n*ggas.
props to you for realizing it

media wise he is not there but talent wise pleeaassse tell me? you would rather have LBj then Kobe..thats like slapping jordan in the face and leaving him.....

rings his half way their

individual accomplishments he will never get their because of how his career turned out

1) r*pe trial
2) kobe had lots of talent wen he came in the L ala shaq
3)media hates him to much he should have at least 2 mvps in his belt right now
 8 years ago '04        #98
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 The Bully said:
both you and i know that if kobe was to average 20 points per game at age 40 in the year 2016, n*ggas will still be flooding boxden talking bout he's the GOAT
Let's cross that bridge when we get there, ok?

A.O.™ said:
Why are you laughing?

Hmmm..

Robert Horry
Rick Fox
Derek Fisher

to

Michael Jordan (God)
Bill Cartwright - this dude only got the ball the 1st 2 minutes of every quarter
Scott Williams - thought he could actually play and got shipped all around the league reaching a career high of like 4 points...lol
Cliff Livingston (rarely played and if he did all he did was set picks for MJ and hand him the ball)

Andrew Bynum
Trevor Ariza (Donnie Walsh almost made this dude the Franchise of the Knicks...lol)
Derek Fisher

Your f***ing ridiculous.
I see you like to make a habit of overrating one team's players in order to make another player look better.. Good job. Trevor Ariza was almost the franchise of the Knicks?? REALLY? Is that why he was traded away before Donnie Walsh even came to NY?
Lamar Odom was never the franchise player of the Clippers. He averaged his best numbers in a season the Clips were rebuilding and won 31 games.. Not to mention Jeff Mcinnis being their 2nd best player..
Ever heard of Elton Brand.. ?

Last edited by A.G; 07-23-2009 at 11:40 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #99
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
Why are you laughing?

Hmmm..

Robert Horry
Rick Fox
Derek Fisher

to

Michael Jordan (God)

Andrew Bynum
Derek Fisher

Your f***ing ridiculous.
there is alot of things that come in play here.....but first off why cant we just leave it to rest that they are the best in their respective era and just compare wen kobe is done????

this years era you need stack teams to win the ship im i right???
and your forgettng that the Grizz n Clipps thought they had a franchise player wen they were really the role players

i mean Pau he is good top 5 pf kobe would not have one the chip if he wasnt their
odom enuff said dude is an x factor but no where near wat you make him to be:applause:

if anything you can say kobe had pau as to jordan had pip and wouldnt have won s*** without them
 8 years ago '04        #100
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 teh truth said:
but first off why cant we just leave it to rest that they are the best in their respective era and just compare wen kobe is done????
MJ fans will always counter and say he's not better than Shaq, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Paul, Howard or Brandon Roy.

Soon Kevin Durant will surpass him too
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
101 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
128 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy