Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #61
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,496 | Props total: 17080 17080
Well its because Kobe already had his chance and didn't even get close, Lebron still got tons of years left and he is getting closer.
 8 years ago '04        #62
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,794 | Props total: 17161 17161
 A.O.™ said:
Only in the minds of people born in 1990 and beyond.
I grew up watching Magic play so that just proves your theory wrong. f uck up
 8 years ago '04        #63
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
 Maroon_Tiger said:
im saying you cant be the face of the league fuking hotel clerks in the butt...getting called into custody, and be married on top of that...
 Maroon_Tiger said:

to be the face of the league for as long as jordan, you gotta be clean cut... thats not everything, but its significant..

when it comes to skills?! just re-watch highlights of this season, lebron was a monster... KOBE FANS cant accept that lebron is more of an all around player than kobe...

WE ALL accept that kobe has the most dangerous jumper in the game... hands down.. but its funny how kobe stans cant give lebron any respect outside of dunking and driving/passing... his jumper is pretty good and its getting better

lebron has no controversy except summer scrimmage games and media beef

and no, being clean cut has nothing to do with fashion or hygiene... this is a sports forum.. im talking about his background
I hear what your saying, but what does image have to do with the game of basketball in general? I understand a good image may draw in more fans, but it shouldn't be in the debate when discussing who's a better player.

Have you ever seen the main subject in a highlight reel look bad? Lebron has talent and potential to be the best, but what all around game do you speak of? Lebron is is a great driver/finisher at the rim, excellent court awareness on both ends, and a decent/streaky jump shot. If he brings something else to the table by all means state it.
 8 years ago '04        #64
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
this is really amusing...keep it goin people
 8 years ago '04        #65
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
im sure if i got on artest, you'd say "all you got is him beating up a few fans"

kobe has a rapsheet... im not gonna go there the kobe/shaq beef and Colorado is enough

im saying, its funny how yall are quick to forgive people like artest and kobe, but probably will ride lebron for the rest of his career on some bulls***

you forget how close artest and kobe were to doing HARD TIME...

im not saying they're bad people, people make mistakes, but dont come on her claiming that kobe and lebron are even comparable on their reputation
See that's the thing. No one should put a lot or if any stock into an entertainer's public perception/private life. Jordan was an adulterer, gambler, and a tyrant as a teammate, but when it comes to basketball, that's what we judge him on. I'm not saying don't care, but that shouldn't be a deciding factor in how good a person is in their field.
 8 years ago '05        #66
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
I won't say lebron has a good jumper....cuz when the game is on the line he goes to the bulldozer mentality....Most of the time he shoots jumpers is because the defense is playing off him or he just happens to be hot ( remember that bucks game when he was just launching from everywhere)
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '09        #67
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,166 | Props total: 3391 3391
 wheezyfbaby said:
See that's the thing. No one should put a lot or if any stock into an entertainer's public perception/private life. Jordan was an adulterer, gambler, and a tyrant as a teammate, but when it comes to basketball, that's what we judge him on. I'm not saying don't care, but that shouldn't be a deciding factor in how good a person is in their field.

Real f***ing talk
 8 years ago '09        #68
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,166 | Props total: 3391 3391
 The N said:
Well its because Kobe already had his chance and didn't even get close, Lebron still got tons of years left and he is getting closer.

4 Ships and the best player in the game and that's not being close? Please go :hang: yourself:greetings10:
 8 years ago '04        #69
VAsFinest 
space
space
space
$39 | Props total: 0 0
MJ fans are cool with Lebron becoming the "next one" rather than Kobe for the simple fact that Lebron is original and plays the game his own way. Kobe on the otherhand OBVIOUSLY molded his game after MJ but cant do it as well as MJ did. There's nothing wrong with modeling ur game after the GOAT but if you wanna be better than the GOAT, u gotta play better than the GOAT.
Lebron has done things on the court that has never been seen in the NBA (a whole other level of athleticism, all around game for someone not only his height, but his build as well, etc.) and even though hes not better than MJ, he has the potential to be greater since hes well rounded already at such a young age and has a LOT of time to develop and hone his game...
With Kobe, I've seen all his moves and shots b/c MJ did the same exact things, but better. Not to say that Kobe's game isnt nice, b/c it obivously is...im just sayin its been seen before. Kobes getting old and theres not too much he can do to improve his game, and i just dont see him being greater than MJ when Kobes career is over...
Also, Kobe's persona makes him even easier to hate. He has no sense of self identity and just imitates things. For example, he even talks like MJ during interviews. Then he switches it up sometimes and tries to talk like a thug. Everything about Kobe's personality is awkward, which doesnt take away from his game at all, but makes him easy to dislike. Bottom line, Lebron is real, Kobe's just an imitator.

...and for the young'ns who only seem highlights here and there of MJ and think that Kobe is better, PLEASE just take 20 min. and watch these clips to fully understand WHY MJ is the GOAT...

Part 1

[video - click to view]

Part 2

[video - click to view]

u can see that kobe CLEARLY bit MJs game...

Last edited by VAsFinest; 07-23-2009 at 10:40 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #70
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
image helps you become idolized and appreciated worldwide...

if jordan was a rapper and a thug, the refs probably wouldnt give him all the calls, david stern would fine him constantly,

people would give him a hard time for no reason.. he'd get snubbed on mvps more...

and people wouldnt respect him as much as they do...
Kobe's image is far from perfect, but he is bigger then Yao in China and he is seen as a god in the Philippines because of his skill/work ethic. I understand what a good image can do for your reputation, but should your image help you put the ball in the basket?
 8 years ago '05        #71
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 wheezyfbaby said:
Word Jordan was a douchebag....but people praise him

most people don't care about kobe's r*pe case anyway
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #72
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 VAsFinest said:
MJ fans are cool with Lebron becoming the "next one" rather than Kobe for the simple fact that Lebron is original and plays the game his own way. Kobe on the otherhand OBVIOUSLY molded his game after MJ but cant do it as well as MJ did. There's nothing wrong with modeling ur game after the GOAT but if you wanna be better than the GOAT, u gotta play better than the GOAT.
Lebron has done things on the court that has never been seen in the NBA (a whole other level of athleticism, all around game for someone not only his height, but his build as well, etc.) and even though hes not better than MJ, he has the potential to be greater since hes well rounded already at such a young age and has a LOT of time to develop and hone his game...
With Kobe, I've seen all his moves and shots b/c MJ did the same exact things, but better. Not to say that Kobe's game isnt nice, b/c it obivously is...im just sayin its been seen before. Kobes getting old and theres not too much he can do to improve his game, and i just dont see him being greater than MJ when Kobes career is over...
Also, Kobe's persona makes him even easier to hate. He has no sense of self identity and just imitates things. For example, he even talks like MJ during interviews. Then he switches it up sometimes and tries to talk like a thug. Everything about Kobe's personality is awkward, which doesnt take away from his game at all, but makes him easy to dislike. Bottom line, Lebron is real, Kobe's just an imitator.

...and for the young'ns who only seem highlights here and there of MJ and think that Kobe is better, PLEASE just take 20 min. and watch these clips to fully understand WHY MJ is the GOAT...

Part 1

Part 2
A youtube mix, REALLY?

How does that do ANYTHING to prove how good MJ is?
You can make a 10 minute mix to make just about any player look good...

Jordan stans are the absolute worst..
 07-23-2009, 10:42 AM         #73
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im a jordan fan, And I don't think lebron will be as good as jordan. I think Kobe is closer to jordan than lebron.
 8 years ago '05        #74
Bigrel 7 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 326 326
You can't be better than Jordan if u lose in the finals.
2 3 peats in a row against hall of fame top 50 NBA talent>>>>>>>kobe beating the 09 magic.

Also Kobe got r*ped in the finals twice, once wit Shaq and one without.

Any team that lost to Jordan in the finals>>>>>>the teams that BEAT Kobe and lebron in the finals.

Close thread n*ggas
 8 years ago '05        #75
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
im of the belief kobe is the closest thing to mj we will ever see. i honestly think lebron is closer to magic in his style. oversized and can play all positions. jmo though
 07-23-2009, 10:47 AM         #76
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Knowledgeable said:
Can do whatever he wants whenever he wants? I had to laugh at that, because it's so untrue.Anyhow regardless of how you get your points you get your points and that's what kobe does. He's very unstoppable. To say he's not is :nuts: Wade can get to the rack at will and has a ship to add to that so why are you leaving him out? Bron can get to the rack, but he doesn't have the kinda jump shot that kobe has so how can you say he's unstoppable? That is 100% false. Saying he is unstoppable like MJ is the samething as saying he's like MJ so maybe you should stop putting words in your own mouth, because im just stating the obvious and the obvious shows in your post
You want Kobe to be god.. I'm not even going to try to explain it any more... YOU WIN. KOBE IS GOD. I dont know why they are even other players in the NBA. Kobe can do everything, nobody can do what Kobe does. Kobe is going to be the logo of the NBA, kobe is going to get the Lakers renamed to the Los Angeles Kobe's. Kobe jumps the highest in the NBA, Kobe runs the fastest in the NBA, Kobe is the NATURAL MVP of the league they just give the MVP award to other people to show they are unbias, Kobe Kobe Kobe. Kobe gets to the hole whenever he wants, Kobe plays the best defense, Kobe is the best shot blocker, Kobe is the best scorer, Kobe is the best closer, If it was 5 people on the court Kobe can just jump over all of them and score because Kobe doesnt just leap cars, he leaps humans. Kobe has the best sneakers, Kobe has the best commercials, Kobe has the finest wife, Kobe has the prettiest daughters, Kobe has the best jersey, Kobe has the best socks, Kobe has the best numbers 8 & 24, Kobe has the best house, Kobe has the best introduction in Staples, Kobe made Shaquille, Kobe made Gasol, in other words Kobe is almost equivalent to Chuck Norris in awesomeness...

You happy?
 8 years ago '04        #77
VAsFinest 
space
space
space
$39 | Props total: 0 0
 str8_akademiks said:
A youtube mix, REALLY?

How does that do ANYTHING to prove how good MJ is?
You can make a 10 minute mix to make just about any player look good...

Jordan stans are the absolute worst..

i understand where ur comin from, but from these clips, u can really see how MJ was ahead of his time. U gotta understand that no one seen anything like what he did, until he came into the league. u didnt even watch the clips and ur already pre-judging. that just makes u ignorant. I can watch 10 minute videoclips of Kobe or anyone else for the matter all day and wont nearly be as impressed b/c i seen it done better from MJ...on the otherhand, if u watch a 10 minute clip of lebron, i guarantee that you'll see things u've NEVER seen before...which is why lebron is on his way to be closer to MJ than Kobe

Last edited by VAsFinest; 07-23-2009 at 10:55 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #78
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
 Bigrel said:
2 3 peats in a row against hall of fame top 50 NBA talent>>>>>>>kobe beating the 09 magic.

Any team that lost to Jordan in the finals>>>>>>the teams that BEAT Kobe and lebron in the finals.

Close thread n*ggas
So losing in the finals is greater then not making it all? MJ lost to the Pistons before finally winning in 91 and he lost to the Magic in his comeback. Lebron got sweep by the Spurs and the previous year eliminated by the Pistons in the ECF. This doesn't tarnish their legacy, but Kobe's failures are some how career ending?
 8 years ago '04        #79
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 Bigrel said:

Close thread n*ggas
LMAO.. First of all.. You act like MJ just won those titles single-handedly.. As if Pippen, Rodman, Harper, Grant, etc weren't s***..

And the 90's is widely considered the worst & most diluted era of the NBA since the 70's, yet EVERY team MJ beat was better than the teams that the Lakers & Cavs lost to?
Why don't you go ahead and remove MJ's c*ck from your mouth.

The Celtics, Pistons and Spurs are better than EVERY single team that the Bulls had to face in the 90's in the finals.
The only good defensive team that Chicago ever faced in the finals was Seattle.
 8 years ago '04        #80
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
 VAsFinest said:
i understand where ur comin from, but from these clips, u can really see how MJ was ahead of his time. U gotta understand that no one seen anything like what he did, until he came into the league. u didnt even watch the clips and ur already pre-judging. that just makes u ignorant. I can watch 10 minute videoclips of Kobe or anyone else for the matter all day and wont nearly be as impressed b/c i seen it done better from MJ...on the otherhand, if u watch a 10 minute clip of lebron, i guarantee that you'll see things u've NEVER seen before...which is why lebron is on his way to be closer to MJ than Kobe
I've seen the clips hundreds of times before.. You're not the first person to post them.

If you really think that Kobe brought absolutely nothing to the game then you should just log off and hug your life-sized MJ fathead.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
23 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy