Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
102 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-23-2009, 08:46 AM         #41
Tuodeci 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KSoraci7 said:
It's always about the First GOAT IMO. What i mean about that for instance, when u think of the homerun king, who comes to mind first Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron?? Even tho Aaron had more, are you gonna take him over Ruth Even tho Jordan never scored 81 etc....

Also MJ brought somethin new to the game with the type of style he played. Kobe's is too similar to his which could unfairly count against himself. Bron has brought something different to the game because of his size, but how has Kobe changed the game with the style of his play? Even if Kobe put up the same amount of chips/mvps/whatever, his style is too similar to the man that started it. No knock on Kobe's greatness, but we've seen it before by a man with more credentials etc. Sometimes emulating another player too much can take away from your own originality and the stamp you leave when you retire from the league.
My god your dumb..
Posted via Mobile Device
 07-23-2009, 08:49 AM         #42
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 erickonasis said:
In 2 more years it will be Kobe > Jordan
Only in the minds of people born in 1990 and beyond. But with only fictional evidence to back it up. Such as Kobe has higher FG percentage, Kobe has a 30 ft range on his jump shot.

While the Facts say this...

Jordan 6/6 in the Finals
Kobe 4/6 in the Finals

Jordan 6/6 Finals MVP
Kobe 1/4 Finals MVP
 8 years ago '09        #43
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,200 | Props total: 3496 3496
 A.O.™ said:
One reason may be MJ fans are comfortable with the Lebron comparison. Is because Kobe did what Jay-Z did to Biggie. "If I aint better than BIG i'm the closest one" First you learn from the GOAT, then you try to throw the GOAT under the bus, and after you stole everything from the GOAT, then you claim your the GOAT.

I know its hard for you Kobe condoms to understand but Kobe can be stopped, while LEBRON cant be stopped, and thats one thing MJ and Lebron truly have in common.

:wtf: are you talking about? Kobe can be stopped and lebron can't? Do you watch basketball or just highlights. Wade led the league in scoring over bron and kobe. Why not mention him? Wade has a ship. Why not mention that? Then you say kobe says he's the GOAT when he's never uttered those words in his lifetime. That's just gulit and how you secrectly feel about him. Lebron is nothing like MJ though. If you wanna compare be serious and not blind yourself by your obvious hate for kobe. Wade and Kobe remind me more of MJ than anybody who plays the game. Stop kidding yourself with all that hating and s***. Kobe/Wade>>bron

Last edited by Knowledgeable; 07-23-2009 at 08:57 AM..
 07-23-2009, 08:58 AM         #44
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Knowledgeable said:
:wtf: are you talking about? Kobe can be stopped and lebron can't? Do you watch basketball or just highlights. Wade led the league in scoring over bron and kobe. Why not mention him? Wade has a ship. Why not mention that? Then you say kobe says he's the GAOT when he's never uttered those words in his lifetime. Lebron is nothing like MJ. If you wanna compare be serious and not blind yourself by your obvious hate for kobe. Wade and Kobe remind me more of MJ than anybody who plays the game. Stop kidding yourself with all that hating and s***. Kobe/Wade>>bron
learn what Unstoppable means... Unstoppable doesnt mean he plays like Jordan. Unstoppable means can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Kobe cant do that. Kobe is not explosive like Lebron going to the rack. Kobe relies on his jump shot come on man who are we kidding...

I didnt say Lebron was like MJ, I said he is unstoppable like MJ. Dont put words in my mouth.
 8 years ago '04        #45
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
 jj01 said:
how is

missing the playoffs in your prime
choking away a 3-1 series lead
quitting on your team in a game 7
choking away a 25 point lead in the finals
going out like a b**** by 40 in the finals
getting obliterated in 2 finals

getting close?
The Spurs are looking good for this upcoming season.
 8 years ago '04        #46
dre03 
space
space
$10,169 | Props total: 2452 2452
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Every Jordan fan ive talked to are Lebron fans and say he is going be the next Jordan or "as good" but then when you mention Kobe to them, they hate on him like he's the worst player ever. Even though Lebron hasnt really accomplished s***, and Kobe is getting close to MJ, they still feel this way. So what is it?
Cuz it would be retarded to think that LEbron doesnt have the opportunity to be better than Jordan since he is still very young and hasnt played as many seasons as Jordan... Kobe has already played as many seasons in the league as Jordan did with the Bulls... 13 years and he has not done more or even equaled Jordan... I dont care what he accomplishes now after his 13th year because i measure what you do in the amount of years you are given... Just like just because Karl Malone and Jabbar scored more points than Jordan doesnt make the better scorers... It just means they played longer to accumulate more stats... Thats all Kobe can do now he is aiming for second best he can no longer surpass Jordan...
 8 years ago '04        #47
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
bron being better than mj is like a 5-10% chance right now...b/c lebron has played on lackluster teams and if he stays in cleveland next year and signs a big deal, thats a major L to his career b/c i dont see him winning 3-4 rings unless they revamp the team in a major way...

hes got the skillset to do it... but hes gotta get the right team...if he gets a team like shaq and kobe had, or mj had on the bulls, we're gonna see a 4 peat

people probably are more confortable with lebron being the best because his skillset is more broad than kobe's.... LEBRON is a clean cut kid, great face of the league and FANS HAVE SEEN LEBRON CARRY MORE OF A TEAM and take them farther than kobe ever did
I'm done with this thread.
 8 years ago '04        #48
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 Iverson The God said:
1999-2000 finals-shaq 38 points 16.7 rebounds 2.6 blocks a game

2000-2001 finals-shaq 33 points 15.6 rebounds 3.4 blocks a game

2001-2002 finals-shaq 36.3 points 12.3 rebounds 2.7 blocks a game

who are you trying to fool?
Yeah Shaq had the better finals series.. But Have you looked at the stats for the rest of the playoffs in each of those years?
The Lakers always had distinct advantages in the finals vs. the East's centers so they took advantage.
 8 years ago '09        #49
space
space
 A.O.™ said:
learn what Unstoppable means... Unstoppable doesnt mean he plays like Jordan. Unstoppable means can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Kobe cant do that. Kobe is not explosive like Lebron going to the rack. Kobe relies on his jump shot come on man who are we kidding...

I didnt say Lebron was like MJ, I said he is unstoppable like MJ. Dont put words in my mouth.

Can do whatever he wants whenever he wants? I had to laugh at that, because it's so untrue.Anyhow regardless of how you get your points you get your points and that's what kobe does. He's very unstoppable. To say he's not is :nuts: Wade can get to the rack at will and has a ship to add to that so why are you leaving him out? Bron can get to the rack, but he doesn't have the kinda jump shot that kobe has so how can you say he's unstoppable? That is 100% false. Saying he is unstoppable like MJ is the samething as saying he's like MJ so maybe you should stop putting words in your own mouth, because im just stating the obvious and the obvious shows in your post
 8 years ago '05        #50
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
Lebron if lebron had the lakers squad I'm sure he could win it all...but he still wouldn't be more skilled than Kobe not by a long shot....

At the end of the day it's gonna come down to accomplishments....and lebron will probably surpass Kobe but I don't see him being more skilled than Kobe....he'll ahieve all the accolades because he's huge and athletic....
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '09        #51
space
space
 wheezyfbaby said:
I'm done with this thread.

Exactly. Bron's a clean cut dude? I guess kobe doesn't keep his haircut now? The f*** does that have to do with being the best player These dudes crack me up with that kinda s***. Bron's turning into a p**** right before our eyes. Wade's better than that n*gga anway:greetings10:

Last edited by Knowledgeable; 07-23-2009 at 09:35 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #52
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 Knowledgeable said:
Can do whatever he wants whenever he wants? I had to laugh at that, because it's so untrue.Anyhow regardless of how you get your points you get your points and that's what kobe does. He's very unstoppable. To say he's not is :nuts: Wade can get to the rack at will and has a ship to add to that so why are you leaving him out? Bron can get to the rack, but he doesn't have the kinda jump shot that kobe has so how can you say he's unstoppable? That is 100% false. Saying he is unstoppable like MJ is the samething as saying he's like MJ so maybe you should stop putting words in your own mouth, because im just stating the obvious and the obvious shows in your post

To be unstoppable as a gaurs or SF u need a good jumper....I'm sure Kobe could go to the lane WHENEVER he wanted but he has soo many offensive options he doesn't need to....plus I decreases the chane of injury....as players get older and their athleticism starts to diminish, their game becomes more finesse and jumpsuit oriented so I'm curious to see what happens with lebron
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '07        #53
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
 Armen87 said:
kobe had 3 rings by 24. And no don't say he was riding shaq, kobe was averaging just about the same ammount of points as shaq.
I swear kobe has the dumbest fans. Its so damn funny how alot of these stans try to act like shaq wasn't the main reason for those rings. Kobe was the sidekick for those 3 rings end of story......jordan was NEVER ..NEVER the sidekick. Yea he had pippen but MJ still ran the show. Magic has LEAD...keyword for the stans.... LEAD more championship teams than kobe. So he has to pass magic before he can be on jordans level. So when kobe LEADS(keyword again for the stans) about 4 or 5 more teams to rings then get back at me. Oh and as far as lebron uhh no. He's only played 6 f***in yrs
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '09        #54
space
space
 Sheeed said:
To be unstoppable as a gaurs or SF u need a good jumper....I'm sure Kobe could go to the lane WHENEVER he wanted but he has soo many offensive options he doesn't need to....plus I decreases the chane of injury....as players get older and their athleticism starts to diminish, their game becomes more finesse and jumpsuit oriented so I'm curious to see what happens with lebron
Posted via Mobile Device

Word People must not remember how kobe use to get to the rack at will, but dude has some miles on his legs now, because he came into the game at an early age so just like jordan did as he begin to age he relies alot on his pure basketball skill as opposed to his athleticism as he did when he was younger. That is still what we call being "UNSTOPPABLE" and to say otherwise is pure iggnorance. It's just like saying when jordan got older he wasn't unstoppable just, because he didn't drive and dunk on everybody like he did when he was younger n*ggas need to re-read s*** before that post that kinda garbage

Last edited by Knowledgeable; 07-23-2009 at 09:47 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #55
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 smj_724 said:
I swear kobe has the dumbest fans. Its so damn funny how alot of these stans try to act like shaq wasn't the main reason for those rings. Kobe was the sidekick for those 3 rings end of story......jordan was NEVER ..NEVER the sidekick. Yea he had pippen but MJ still ran the show. Magic has LEAD...keyword for the stans.... LEAD more championship teams than kobe. So he has to pass magic before he can be on jordans level. So when kobe LEADS(keyword again for the stans) about 4 or 5 more teams to rings then get back at me. Oh and as far as lebron uhh no. He's only played 6 f***in yrs
Posted via Mobile Device
People can create whatever reality they want for themselves but Pippen set up the triangle offense, was the primary playmaker and the defensive stopper on those Bulls teams.

But I guess since MJ scored more.... nevermind.

Feelings will be caught.
 8 years ago '09        #56
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
im saying you cant be the face of the league fuking hotel clerks in the butt... and be married on top of that...

lebron has no controversy except summer scrimmage games and media beef

and no, being clean cut has nothing to do with fashion or hygiene... this is a sports forum.. im talking about his background

That's all you've got is colarado. That's all haters can hold on to. s***s over and Kobe is still a 4 time champion so:greetings10: I personally think wade is better than bron and has a better image than him. We can argue all day, but he still has the hardware and I think in the right situation he will get even more. It's all opinons so sue me
 8 years ago '04        #57
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
im not saying lebron is better than kobe at everything... but he has the potential to be more dangerous b/c he brings more to the table than kobe... period
I agree he has potential to be a better player, but until it happens it's just speculation.
 8 years ago '09        #58
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
im saying you cant be the face of the league fuking hotel clerks in the butt...getting called into custody, and be married on top of that...

to be the face of the league for as long as jordan, you gotta be clean cut... thats not everything, but its significant..

when it comes to skills?! just re-watch highlights of this season, lebron was a monster... KOBE FANS cant accept that lebron is more of an all around player than kobe...

WE ALL accept that kobe has the most dangerous jumper in the game... hands down.. but its funny how kobe stans cant give lebron any respect outside of dunking and driving/passing... his jumper is pretty good and its getting better

lebron has no controversy except summer scrimmage games and media beef

and no, being clean cut has nothing to do with fashion or hygiene... this is a sports forum.. im talking about his background

why did you edit your post and add all that s***
 8 years ago '09        #59
space
space
 wheezyfbaby said:
I agree he has potential to be a better player, but until it happens it's just speculation.

Basically. n*ggas be jumping the gun like a b**** though Kobe>>bron
 8 years ago '04        #60
Mikool 
space
space
space
$111 | Props total: 1 1
THIS IS WHY I WOULD PUT KOBE OVER LEBRON UNTIL HE CAN DO THIS THIS ITS NOT EVEN A CONVERSATION

[video - click to view]

ONE MORE THIS IS FUNNY.....BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CLIP THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE YOU SAY IT!

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Mikool; 07-23-2009 at 10:04 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy