Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #21
tdub-zr0 139 heat pts139
space
space
$26,909 | Props total: 14790 14790
The threadstarter is known to be biased against LeBron, so I honestly shouldn't even take this thread seriously, but I just can't ignore it. To be honest with you, I don't NEARLY hear as many people compare him to Jordan as they do Kobe. Kobe fashioned his whole game(and damn near his look and maneurisms) after Jordan, they have similiar builds, and they both play the same position(Shooting Guard), therefore he has drawn more comparisons to MJ than LeBron and rightfully so. LeBron's game has drawn more comparisons to an array of different players such as Oscar Robertson and even Magic Johnson, because of his size, court vision, and passing ability. This is yet another BXSC thread by some guy with an obvious bias against LeBron trying to draw the ire of Kobe stans so they can come in and blindy defend their hero.
 8 years ago '04        #22
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 notoriousthugzz said:
there will neva be another mj...

no matter what kobe or lebron does MJ will be the GOAT
So you're just going to openly claim ignorance?
What if Lebron won MVP, NBA Title, finals MVP, 1st team all NBA, 1st team all defense for the next 8 years? Or Kobe for the next 3-4?
 8 years ago '06        #23
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 str8_akademiks said:
So you're just going to openly claim ignorance?
What if Lebron won MVP, NBA Title, finals MVP, 1st team all NBA, 1st team all defense for the next 8 years? Or Kobe for the next 3-4?
It's always about the First GOAT IMO. What i mean about that for instance, when u think of the homerun king, who comes to mind first Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron?? Even tho Aaron had more, are you gonna take him over Ruth Even tho Jordan never scored 81 etc....

Also MJ brought somethin new to the game with the type of style he played. Kobe's is too similar to his which could unfairly count against himself. Bron has brought something different to the game because of his size, but how has Kobe changed the game with the style of his play? Even if Kobe put up the same amount of chips/mvps/whatever, his style is too similar to the man that started it. No knock on Kobe's greatness, but we've seen it before by a man with more credentials etc. Sometimes emulating another player too much can take away from your own originality and the stamp you leave when you retire from the league.

Last edited by Soraci7; 07-23-2009 at 01:55 AM..
 07-23-2009, 01:52 AM         #24
HERCH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
or a random player avg 36 11 11 wit 3 blocks and 3 steals for his career. will he b better than jordan?
 8 years ago '04        #25
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 KSoraci7 said:
It's always about the First GOAT IMO. What i mean about that for instance, when u think of the homerun king, who comes to mind first Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron?? Even tho Aaron had more, are you gonna take him over Ruth Comparable to the Jordan not scoring 81 in a game...

Also MJ brought somethin new to the game with the type of style he played. Kobe's is too similar to his which could unfairly count against himself. Bron has brought something different to the game because of his size, but how has Kobe changed the game with the style of his play? Even if Kobe put up the same amount of chips/mvps/whatever, his style is too similar to the man that started it. No knock on Kobe's greatness, but we've seen it before by a man with more credentials etc.
Fair enough .. But a part of the reason why people think MJ will never be surpassed is because people grew up watching him.. He's pretty much immortalized in people's minds as the greatest there will ever be, no matter the circumstance ..
 8 years ago '06        #26
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 str8_akademiks said:
Fair enough .. But a part of the reason why people think MJ will never be surpassed is because people grew up watching him.. He's pretty much immortalized in people's minds as the greatest there will ever be, no matter the circumstance ..
True, i do agree it is somewhat of a combination. However i only think time will tell. MJ was pretty recent even tho it was over a Decade Ago. In another 15-20 years we should have a better picture of where MJ truly stands. Still, 3 peat/retire/3-peat while changing how the game is played is most likely a once in a lifetime thing to witness.
 07-23-2009, 02:16 AM         #27
Kidd Vicious 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only 1 GOAT

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #28
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
mj aint s***
 07-23-2009, 02:32 AM         #29
Kidd Vicious 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^

Yo Mama!
 8 years ago '06        #30
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Kidd Vicious said:
Only 1 GOAT

[pic - click to view]

1 of the most memorable sports moments i ever witnessed. Made my eyes water at the time bein that i thought it was the last J we'd ever see him take & it was only fitting. Until I went to this...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

f*** a bandwagon, I drive the motherf***er

Last edited by Soraci7; 07-23-2009 at 06:37 AM..
 07-23-2009, 03:18 AM         #31
dre4dollas 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess because when Kobe came into the league..He tried to act like MJ too much
 8 years ago '06        #32
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,695 | Props total: 8656 8656
who says these s***
 07-23-2009, 07:11 AM         #33
Iverson The God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Armen87 said:
kobe had 3 rings by 24. And no don't say he was riding shaq, kobe was averaging just about the same ammount of points as shaq.

1999-2000 finals-shaq 38 points 16.7 rebounds 2.6 blocks a game

2000-2001 finals-shaq 33 points 15.6 rebounds 3.4 blocks a game

2001-2002 finals-shaq 36.3 points 12.3 rebounds 2.7 blocks a game

who are you trying to fool?
 8 years ago '06        #34
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 Iverson The God said:
1999-2000 finals-shaq 38 points 16.7 rebounds 2.6 blocks a game

2000-2001 finals-shaq 33 points 15.6 rebounds 3.4 blocks a game

2001-2002 finals-shaq 36.3 points 12.3 rebounds 2.7 blocks a game

who are you trying to fool?
Don't mind him, he was born in '87 which means anything that happened before '01 he has to witness on youtube.
 07-23-2009, 08:25 AM         #35
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One reason may be MJ fans are comfortable with the Lebron comparison. Is because Kobe did what Jay-Z did to Biggie. "If I aint better than BIG i'm the closest one" First you learn from the GOAT, then you try to throw the GOAT under the bus, and after you stole everything from the GOAT, then you claim your the GOAT.

I know its hard for you Kobe condoms to understand but Kobe can be stopped, while LEBRON cant be stopped, and thats one thing MJ and Lebron truly have in common.
 07-23-2009, 08:27 AM         #36
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Armen87 said:
kobe had 3 rings by 24. And no don't say he was riding shaq, kobe was averaging just about the same ammount of points as shaq.
Now Kobe wasnt Shaq sidekick for those 3 championships. Now Kobe led shaq to 3 chips... the s*** you Kobe d***riders come up with is f***ing retarded.
 8 years ago '06        #37
jj01 
space
space
$44,969 | Props total: 4686 4686
how is

missing the playoffs in your prime
choking away a 3-1 series lead
quitting on your team in a game 7
choking away a 25 point lead in the finals
going out like a b**** by 40 in the finals
getting obliterated in 2 finals

getting close?
 07-23-2009, 08:35 AM         #38
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
how is

missing the playoffs in your prime
choking away a 3-1 series lead
quitting on your team in a game 7
choking away a 25 point lead in the finals
going out like a b**** by 40 in the finals
getting obliterated in 2 finals

getting close?
Dont forget...

"choking away a 25 point lead in the finals
going out like a b**** by 40 in the finals "

Both of these events he was the LEAGUE MVP at the time ... lol
 8 years ago '04        #39
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,905 | Props total: 17472 17472
In 2 more years it will be Kobe > Jordan
 8 years ago '09        #40
Knowledgeable 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,206 | Props total: 3527 3527
 P. Dedos said:
i never see bron fans saying hes better than jordan

and if they did that they would get sonned just like chokie cryant stans

The Bully said:
because lebron stans arent as annoying as kobe stans....

Who would have ever thought that kobe haters would be the first to post inside of a kobe related thread:rolleyes: Damn Dedos don't you get tired of hating?
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
164 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
93 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy