Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #201
NLSP42 151 heat pts151
space
space
$7,819 | Props total: 8888 8888
When will people realize that Kobe stans will never ever change their minds.....regardless of the facts
 03-14-2010, 07:45 AM         #202
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think I'm gonna go watch some old Jordan games

If u Kobe & LeBron stans miss Jordan that much
I advise u to do the same, I'm just sayin tho
 8 years ago '07        #203
jambo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,125 | Props total: 10 10
remember know mike played better teams in the finals. lakers,trailblazers,supersonics,utah. all of those teams had top notch players. not to include the teams he had to play in the east to get to the finals. detriot, new york,boston , atlanta. an mikes teams were not all that great either to exception of a few role players including pippen.
 8 years ago '07        #204
jambo 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,125 | Props total: 10 10
but in all reality if jordan, pippen , phil was still in chicago they would be sonnin these fools straight up thread close
 03-23-2010, 09:17 PM         #205
PBM24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lebron=0 rings
kobe=4 rings
mj=6 rings

now from a nba point of view, who's closer?

lol at lebron having all that work ahead of him,

i've said it before and say it again, GOOD LUCK LEBRON, u aint winning no 6 titles in 8 years, ahahahahahah, not even close. u aint winning dpoy either (dwight and d-wade is better too), so have fun racking up ur mvps and not winning s**t.

he's more comparable to magic, yet hes not gonan do what magic has done and magic is still not better than mj.

LEBRON WILL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS MJ. and he still has to catch kobe for rings, lebron is trying to get his first as kobe is trying to his 5th...smh

and ur not winning 10 scoring titles, ur not winning 6 finals mvps, and ur not gonna accomplish half the s**t mj did in his "real 13 year career" ahahaha, lebron is already passed half way of jordan's career and hasn't done s**t

Last edited by PBM24; 03-23-2010 at 09:21 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #206
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,945 | Props total: 10597 10597
haven't seen this thread and haven't read it but it's because he will have a chance to it.Kobe stans and moronic people who think kobe belongs in the same argument think people say mj is better because they're blind fans when they ignore kobe has only done 25% of what jordan did in the same amount of time.I am a joe montana and jerry rice fan....i have a problem with guys saying elway is better then montana (IT is f**kin retarded) but don't have a problem if somebody says marino is better (even though he doesn't have the rings) or manning is better (which i believe manning is the best ever).I am also a jerry rice fan...the day a reciever comes along and is better i will admit it but when people say moss is it's ridiculous (not as ridiculous as the kobe/jordan argument because moss is closer).Thing is if a player comes along and is better i'm not going to say he's not just because i'm a fan of the guy...but if moronic fans who i believe never seen these guys play sit here and try and say somebody is better then one of the goats they're getting proved wrong

lebron i don't think will catch jordan...when i watch them play jordan is better but regardless how sharp they look it comes down to if they get it done no matter how ugly or pretty.That being said if lebron can match what jordan did in awards and accomplishments (i think he can in mvps..not sure about titles,and records) and he finishes his career averaging 28,8,and 8 or even 28,8,7 it's going to be a good debate.I personally don't think he'll accomplish what jordan did in awards but if he matches him award for award it's goin to come down to jordan being better on defense and scoring,and lebron being a better passer (rebounding can be debated because lebron is so much bigger)

kobe on the other hand doesn't have much argument other then rings which he's still 2 behind and played more years and also had shaq to get him 3 of them

Last edited by philly337; 03-23-2010 at 09:54 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #207
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
I didn't read any of this and i'm not going to. I hated Jordan (im a knicks fan) and I like Kobe & James... but lets be serious... it's ok for now to think James is gonna be as good as Jordan.

Kobe 175 playoff games in 13 seasons 4 rings... played with the most dominant center in the league for three of those rings. had and has the most talented team in league now.

Jordan 179 playoff games in his career, 6 rings... never played with a "dominant" big man. never had the most talented team in the league at any point in his career...

Kobe isn't and never will be on his level... Bron still has time to make his case. :cool-smiley-009:
 8 years ago '04        #208
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
 PBM24 said:

and ur not winning 10 scoring titles, ur not winning 6 finals mvps, and ur not gonna accomplish half the s**t mj did in his "real 13 year career" ahahaha, lebron is already passed half way of jordan's career and hasn't done s**t
There was no point in copying the rest of your post... Ur last part just proved to me u graduated from high school within the last 3 years...

Jordan in 7 years

2 MVP's
1 Championship (Won in his 7th year)
1 Finals MVP
1 Finals Appearance
1 DPOY
ROY
1 All Star Game MVP
6 All NBA
4 All Defense
5 Scoring Titles
2 Steal Titles

Lebron in 7 years (If Lebron wins this year)

2 MVP's
2 Finals Appearance
1 Finals MVP
1 Championship
DPOY Runner Up
ROY
2 All Star Game MVP
5 All NBA
1 All Defense
1 Scoring Title

Please tell me how is that not close to what Jordan did his first few years... Lebron would actually have more MVP's than Jordan... Same amount of rings... So by your retarded statement at this time in Jordan's career in his 7th year he hadnt done s**t either...

Now i dont think Lebron can surpass Jordan but i would be foolish t say he doesnt have a chance... Kobe will already have played more games than Jordan his chance for 1 and 2 are done... Magic and Michael already did more than him in less time... He can only cement his spot at #3 going forward...

Last edited by dre03; 03-23-2010 at 10:50 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #209
dre03 
space
space
 MPLSallstar said:
I've never heard anyone particular say this, but I HAVE heard the media say this like a broken record.

Lebron hasn't accomplished anything.

Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan, he even says so himself.
Neither had Jordan until the end of his 7th year in the league...

Guess what this is Lebron's 7th year... What dont u people get... This is exactly how Jordan's career began... All u n*ggas know is the end result and didnt see the struggles Jordan went thru to get to the top

Constantly the pressed downed him... Said a perimeter could never win without a big man... They were wrong
 03-23-2010, 10:57 PM         #210
Tagalog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lebron is humble compare to kobe and bron complete player
 8 years ago '06        #211
teh truth 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,185 | Props total: 37 37
jordan = kobe

kobe = jordan

same coach

same offense

different eras

same results
 8 years ago '06        #212
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,991 | Props total: 1458 1458
That's a good a.ss question.
 03-24-2010, 12:00 AM         #213
antdog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cause kobe game look like MJ and certain fans say he is better which simply ain't true
 03-24-2010, 12:16 AM         #214
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i swear some of you would let michael jordan nut on your faces if he tried
:(
 8 years ago '09        #215
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
can the n*ggas just be ther own players n*ggas act like jordan invented basketball and every great has to go after him,kobe gonna be kobe,bron gonna be bron
 8 years ago '04        #216
dre03 
space
space
 teh truth said:
jordan = kobe

kobe = jordan

same coach

same offense

different eras

same results
Same Results???

6 championships, 5 MVPS, 10 scoring Titles 50+ records

4 championships, 1 MVP, 2 scoring Titles, 4 records

How in the f**k is that the same result???
 8 years ago '04        #217
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,170 | Props total: 8724 8724
Oh s**t! Damn yall got dre03 started!
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '08        #218
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Kobe is one of the best to ever play, and one of the greatest shooting guards. But when it comes to Kobe fans, all arguments literally revolve around rings. Lebron fans are more likely to center their argument around stats and accomplishments. The logic of Kobe fans can be summed up as, "Kobe has 4 titles, and if he get a few more, he's just as good as Jordan. Therefore since Lebron has none, Kobe is unequivocally better." I think thats why people perfer Lebron, because since he has no titles, his supporters are forced to focus on more important individual factors
 8 years ago '06        #219
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
wow someone really felt the need to bring htis thread back huh...Well I will speak on it then..

Because Kobe's a lil f*g primadonna b**ch and he's NOT as good as Jordan, not even close sorry.
 8 years ago '06        #220
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 Chief Dee said:
Kobe is one of the best to ever play, and one of the greatest shooting guards. But when it comes to Kobe fans, all arguments literally revolve around rings. Lebron fans are more likely to center their argument around stats and accomplishments. The logic of Kobe fans can be summed up as, "Kobe has 4 titles, and if he get a few more, he's just as good as Jordan. Therefore since Lebron has none, Kobe is unequivocally better." I think thats why people perfer Lebron, because since he has no titles, his supporters are forced to focus on more important individual factors

Thanks professor for that astounding statement.

Fact of the matter is that Kobe stans try to justify him being good any way they can. The reason they get all mad when it's Kobe/MJ is because there's no justification for thinking so. He doesn't even have as many rings, he doesn't have the MVPs, he doesn't have the finals MVPs, and he wasn't even the best player on the team that 3peated

Not to mention official NBA refs have come out and talked about how they wanted to fix games in favor of the Lakers and purposely give star players like Kobe trips to the line to give him better stats...yea that's legit :rolleyes:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy