Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
9128 pageviews
278 comments

TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

Every Jordan fan ive talked to are Lebron fans and say he is going be the next Jordan or "as good" but then when you mention Kobe to them, they hate on him like he's the worst player ever. Even though Lebron hasnt really accomplished s***, and Kobe is getting close to MJ, they still feel this way. So what is it?

278 comments for "Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?"

8 years ago '05        #2
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
IDK, neither are "as good" as MJ, but Kobe is definitely closer. He's also been playing for 7 more years so...
 8 years ago '07        #3
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
There's no end.

By any means necessary Kobe faithful will do their best to insure there is a general consensus among the sports world that he is indeed as good, or better than MJ.

FYI: It's not gonna happen... so, after much study I've devised a solution....

Let Kobe be Kobe.

Let MJ be the GOAT.

The (happy) End.

Damn, I never thought I'd see the day... now we can all go about our lives. Some more fulfilling than others.
 8 years ago '07        #4
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,398 | Props total: 13097 13097
they're not. and if they seem comfortable with it it's only becuz the notion is laughable in lebron's case, and they're threatened by kobe.
 8 years ago '06        #5
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,246 | Props total: 628 628
lol what idiots have you been talking to? The only player even worth being in the same book shelf with MJ, but bron isnt even close..
 8 years ago '07        #6
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
i've never heard anybody say that. At least the people i know. If anybody said that on here well this is bx. I've already learned that half of what people say on here doesnt make any sense.
 8 years ago '07        #7
MELODY 25 heat pts25
space
space
$10,421 | Props total: 1867 1867
Simple;

nike marketing dollar$
 8 years ago '04        #8
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3480 3480
 joshdogg26 said:
they're not. and if they seem comfortable with it it's only becuz the notion is laughable in lebron's case, and they're threatened by kobe.
Pretty much..

I mean.. Skills-wise it's not even close.. Kobe is the closest guard we've seen to being as skilled as MJ on both sides of the ball and I guess some people are threatened by that fact.
 07-22-2009, 10:53 PM         #9
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
probably because all lebron james does is dunk
and michael jordan is always closely a.ssociated with dunking

blame kobe for having a mid range and an offensive game besides dunking
 8 years ago '09        #10
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 m!ck3y said:
lol what idiots have you been talking to? The only player even worth being in the same book shelf with MJ, but bron isnt even close..
Im not saying they said he was better but MJ fans are big Lebron fans but hate on Kobe like crazy, and the fact that Bron hasnt done anything close to MJ like Kobe has, makes me wonder why they are ok with Bron being as good as MJ or "the next MJ". I think alot of MJ fans were Kobe fans until people started talking about Kobe being the next MJ or better, and not just Kobe fans, people in the media said that Kobe could turn out a better basketball player than MJ and I think thats where it started.
 8 years ago '06        #11
NickJ Da Voice 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,435 | Props total: 2 2
who said that? Lebron's an elite player but he aint surpassed Kobe YET
 07-22-2009, 10:57 PM         #12
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
because lebron stans arent as annoying as kobe stans....
this :applause:
 07-22-2009, 11:02 PM         #13
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
honestly i think you n*ggas make up these scenarios just so you can hate on players...because i've never in life heard people say the absurd things you n*ggas swear so many do....why would anybody especially after kobe just won another ring say bron is closer than kobe?....i'm calling duck tales..
 07-22-2009, 11:22 PM         #14
BakLykILefSmthn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
so now jordan didnt have a midrange game?

america and boxden would be better off if you got deported back to mexico.....

do you know what a.ssociated means?
 8 years ago '04        #15
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
Before Kobe won the 4th, I used to hear a lot of crazy talk from the old casual fans and the young Nike babies in the barbershop. Nobody with any real knowledge put Lebron and MJ in the same sentence. Those casual fans would say Lebron will be the GOAT when he retires, but the dude with 3 now 4 rings at 30 aint s***?. Now they back to saying, "but he's only 24". I will admit it is very troubling that it is predetermined in so many people's minds that no one will ever be better then MJ.
 8 years ago '06        #16
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
This shouldn't even be about MJ fans/Kobe Fans/Lebron Fans, i mean seriously this biased s*** is annoying and immature as f***. I only see this s*** exist on Boxden :rolleyes:

If your a fan of basketball and have been following the game for a long time, you know what the answer is. The rest is just pointless quarreling between f***** nut-huggers.
 8 years ago '05        #17
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,232 | Props total: 15793 15793
Never said that......niether Kobe or Lebron is as good as or better than Jordan.
 8 years ago '04        #18
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,938 | Props total: 2040 2040
there will neva be another mj...

no matter what kobe or lebron does MJ will be the GOAT
 8 years ago '04        #19
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,938 | Props total: 2040 2040
 ElMarroAfamado said:
probably because all lebron james does is dunk
and michael jordan is always closely a.ssociated with dunking

blame kobe for having a mid range and an offensive game besides dunking
wow you ether yourself with every post
 8 years ago '05        #20
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,232 | Props total: 15793 15793
 wheezyfbaby said:
Before Kobe won the 4th, I used to hear a lot of crazy talk from the old casual fans and the young Nike babies in the barbershop. Nobody with any real knowledge put Lebron and MJ in the same sentence. Those casual fans would say Lebron will be the GOAT when he retires, but the dude with 3 now 4 rings at 30 aint s***?. Now they back to saying, "but he's only 24". I will admit it is very troubling that it is predetermined in so many people's minds that no one will ever be better then MJ.

Me personally, I grew up watching MJ...so I saw the greatest. But for me to say Kobe, Lebron or anybody for that matter will never be better than MJ is absurd. But first they have to equal the man's accomplishments or surpass them for me to even considered them as good or better.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
114 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy