Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Twitter exposed SZA as FAKE Again ( CAREER FINALLY OVER?)
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Yo wtf is Jim Jones wearing??This a grown man??
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T.I. and Rihanna playing Illuminati games
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Deadpool 2 chokes at the Box Office. Underperming at 125 mil
93 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '09        #1
9595 pageviews
278 comments

TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,184 | Props total: 45 45
Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?

Every Jordan fan ive talked to are Lebron fans and say he is going be the next Jordan or "as good" but then when you mention Kobe to them, they hate on him like he's the worst player ever. Even though Lebron hasnt really accomplished s***, and Kobe is getting close to MJ, they still feel this way. So what is it?

278 comments for "Why are MJ fans okay with the thought of Lebron being "as good" as him but not Kobe?"

9 years ago '05        #2
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 20 20
IDK, neither are "as good" as MJ, but Kobe is definitely closer. He's also been playing for 7 more years so...
 9 years ago '07        #3
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,444 | Props total: 8443 8443
There's no end.

By any means necessary Kobe faithful will do their best to insure there is a general consensus among the sports world that he is indeed as good, or better than MJ.

FYI: It's not gonna happen... so, after much study I've devised a solution....

Let Kobe be Kobe.

Let MJ be the GOAT.

The (happy) End.

Damn, I never thought I'd see the day... now we can all go about our lives. Some more fulfilling than others.
 9 years ago '07        #4
joshdogg26 194 heat pts194
space
space
$35,264 | Props total: 14806 14806
they're not. and if they seem comfortable with it it's only becuz the notion is laughable in lebron's case, and they're threatened by kobe.
 9 years ago '06        #5
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,321 | Props total: 774 774
lol what idiots have you been talking to? The only player even worth being in the same book shelf with MJ, but bron isnt even close..
 9 years ago '07        #6
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,508 | Props total: 777 777
i've never heard anybody say that. At least the people i know. If anybody said that on here well this is bx. I've already learned that half of what people say on here doesnt make any sense.
 9 years ago '07        #7
MELODY 61 heat pts61
space
space
$11,838 | Props total: 4011 4011
Simple;

nike marketing dollar$
 9 years ago '04        #8
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,753 | Props total: 4589 4589
 joshdogg26 said:
they're not. and if they seem comfortable with it it's only becuz the notion is laughable in lebron's case, and they're threatened by kobe.
Pretty much..

I mean.. Skills-wise it's not even close.. Kobe is the closest guard we've seen to being as skilled as MJ on both sides of the ball and I guess some people are threatened by that fact.
 07-22-2009, 09:53 PM         #9
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
probably because all lebron james does is dunk
and michael jordan is always closely a.ssociated with dunking

blame kobe for having a mid range and an offensive game besides dunking
 9 years ago '09        #10
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$8,184 | Props total: 45 45
 m!ck3y said:
lol what idiots have you been talking to? The only player even worth being in the same book shelf with MJ, but bron isnt even close..
Im not saying they said he was better but MJ fans are big Lebron fans but hate on Kobe like crazy, and the fact that Bron hasnt done anything close to MJ like Kobe has, makes me wonder why they are ok with Bron being as good as MJ or "the next MJ". I think alot of MJ fans were Kobe fans until people started talking about Kobe being the next MJ or better, and not just Kobe fans, people in the media said that Kobe could turn out a better basketball player than MJ and I think thats where it started.
 9 years ago '06        #11
NickJ Da Voice 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,439 | Props total: 75 75
who said that? Lebron's an elite player but he aint surpassed Kobe YET
 07-22-2009, 09:57 PM         #12
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
because lebron stans arent as annoying as kobe stans....
this :applause:
 07-22-2009, 10:02 PM         #13
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
honestly i think you n*ggas make up these scenarios just so you can hate on players...because i've never in life heard people say the absurd things you n*ggas swear so many do....why would anybody especially after kobe just won another ring say bron is closer than kobe?....i'm calling duck tales..
 07-22-2009, 10:22 PM         #14
BakLykILefSmthn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
so now jordan didnt have a midrange game?

america and boxden would be better off if you got deported back to mexico.....

do you know what a.ssociated means?
 9 years ago '04        #15
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
Before Kobe won the 4th, I used to hear a lot of crazy talk from the old casual fans and the young Nike babies in the barbershop. Nobody with any real knowledge put Lebron and MJ in the same sentence. Those casual fans would say Lebron will be the GOAT when he retires, but the dude with 3 now 4 rings at 30 aint s***?. Now they back to saying, "but he's only 24". I will admit it is very troubling that it is predetermined in so many people's minds that no one will ever be better then MJ.
 9 years ago '06        #16
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,083 | Props total: 39 39
This shouldn't even be about MJ fans/Kobe Fans/Lebron Fans, i mean seriously this biased s*** is annoying and immature as f***. I only see this s*** exist on Boxden :rolleyes:

If your a fan of basketball and have been following the game for a long time, you know what the answer is. The rest is just pointless quarreling between f***** nut-huggers.
 9 years ago '05        #17
Micheal C. Will 21 heat pts21
space
space
$29,266 | Props total: 19161 19161
Never said that......niether Kobe or Lebron is as good as or better than Jordan.
 9 years ago '04        #18
notoriousthugzz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$19,898 | Props total: 3632 3632
there will neva be another mj...

no matter what kobe or lebron does MJ will be the GOAT
 9 years ago '04        #19
notoriousthugzz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$19,898 | Props total: 3632 3632
 ElMarroAfamado said:
probably because all lebron james does is dunk
and michael jordan is always closely a.ssociated with dunking

blame kobe for having a mid range and an offensive game besides dunking
wow you ether yourself with every post
 9 years ago '05        #20
Micheal C. Will 21 heat pts21
space
space
$29,266 | Props total: 19161 19161
 wheezyfbaby said:
Before Kobe won the 4th, I used to hear a lot of crazy talk from the old casual fans and the young Nike babies in the barbershop. Nobody with any real knowledge put Lebron and MJ in the same sentence. Those casual fans would say Lebron will be the GOAT when he retires, but the dude with 3 now 4 rings at 30 aint s***?. Now they back to saying, "but he's only 24". I will admit it is very troubling that it is predetermined in so many people's minds that no one will ever be better then MJ.

Me personally, I grew up watching MJ...so I saw the greatest. But for me to say Kobe, Lebron or anybody for that matter will never be better than MJ is absurd. But first they have to equal the man's accomplishments or surpass them for me to even considered them as good or better.
Home      

most viewed right now
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
34 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
106 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
82 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
52 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
38 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
41 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Yo.. this SWATTing sh-t is HILARIOUS :dead2:
149 comments
23 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Big t1ttied Korean rapper ready for all the smoke
86 comments
24 hours ago