A Pilots Guide to Battlefield 1943

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
109 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1
6229 pageviews
5 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
A Pilots Guide to Battlefield 1943

Airmen of the Imperial Japanese Navy and the American Navy

Today I have for you a Pilots Guide to Battlefield 1943

[pic - click to view]

To Start off each and everyone should know your Plane by name. First we will start off with the Quick Zero

[pic - click to view]

The Zero is the Pride of the Japanese Air Forces during World War 2. During my time Flying this craft in 1943 I have named my Zero Ayame. Now Ayame is a nimble craft that excels in Dogf!ghts. Historically it beat out most American craft it came up against. But in 1943 it is even with the American Corsair. In every Map in 1943 there is at least 1-3 zeros in the Air most of the match. Basic conquest maps start with 2 Zero's on the flightdeck and there is a 3rd on a cap point on the map. Now this goes the same for the Corsair.

Next plane on the list is the American Corsair

[pic - click to view]

The Corsair was the standard American Naval plane during WW2 in the Pacific theater. It was the plane that took down the Japanese Zero. With the flighttime I have done with the Corsair I haved name mine Jenny. Now Jenny was a different design than the zero because of the foldable wings for storage. Which ment you can put more Corsairs on the flightdeck compaired to the Zero and that was a very useful tool when going up against the pride of the Japanese Airforce. The corsair historically was slower than the Zero but it made up for the speed with the Armaments and the Armor that is had. The Zero had thin sheets of metal while the Corsair had a thicker plate to resist bullets better. But in 1943 that advantage isn't there and the planes are balanced.

Now that we know a little bit about our planes lets get into the Controls so when you take to the skies you don't crash into the nearest mountain.

On the PS3 the controls are really basic. L1 is to accelerate and you use both Analog sticks to fly the Plane. The left stick controls the pitch and tailwing of the plane to control basic movement. The right stick controls the Flightpath and the Gyros for the plane (makes your plane spin and such). But if you want to effectively control your plane like an ace you need to master the controls on both sticks to survive in the skies. During my flight time I have seen many taking huge turns while flying and their opponent making a sharper hard turn to close in the gap between the planes to get a k!ll. The easiest way to make those sharp turns is to tilt the left Analog stick up and rotate the Right analog stick clockwise or counterclockwise to turn your plane on it's side, Doing that you will make a much tighter turn and you will be able to close a gap or hopefully out maneuver the plane that is tailing you.

Also another trick that can make a sharp turn is the Barrel Roll technique. When you are chasing another plane and they make a sharp turn a Barrel Roll can help you get a sharp turn because of the spin you can turn at a harder angle than without it. Which can be critilcal in a Dog f!ght. To do a Barrel Roll all you need to do is rotate your right stick in a circle and your plane will spin.

Now that there are a few basics on maneuvers you are wanting to Shoot down some planes I hope. Well people say that is the easy part but in all honesty it is harder to do when you are up against a opponent who can turn the tables on you.

To fire your Machine Guns mounted on the wings you need to hit the R1 button, Holding the R1 Button will keep the machine guns firing. When firing your machine guns at an opponent who is in the middle of a turn or is above or below you you have to take into account the Gravity. While you are firing you may notice when you have the bullets flying in the middle of the of your redical and you aren't hitting them. Lead your bullets infront of the plane. If you are chasing them up take your shots about 7 feet infront to make the difference and hit the target. Leading the target is the main way to k!ll any plane in the sky.

Now since you are wondering what that R2 button is for it makes a nice flash. During a dogf!ght the secondary fire isn't useful. But when you want to do a bombing run that is where the R2 Button comes in. And you guessed it the R2 is the bomb button. You only need to use this when you want to bomb the crap out of your enemy on the flightdeck on out in the Jungles you need to know a few things. Timing is key for a bomb drop. When you are going full speed you need to drop your bombs 1-3 seconds before you reach the target you want to bomb depending on how high you are in the sky. Since the bombs will travel a distance before they will hit.

The more risky maneuver would be the Dive bomb Tactic where you go in at a near 90 degree angle to release the bombs then pulling up once the bombs are dropped. The Dive bomb is alot harder than the basic bombing run but it is alot more accurate for taking out your target.

More tips and tricks for being a f!ghter Pilot in Battlefield 1943 will follow at a later date.

Enjoy and the skies are yours for the taking.

Join the Navy Airwing and become an Ace today.

5 comments for "A Pilots Guide to Battlefield 1943"

8 years ago '04        #2
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
I have some more time on my hands so I will write Part 2 of this Guide. Simply titled the Basics.

[pic - click to view]

Welcome to Coral Sea you Airmen and Women. Today I will teach you the absolute basics of Takeoff, Return for repairs, and finding your enemy.

Now in the first bit of the Guide I did a little into into the Turning, Firing, and bombing sections of this Guide. But those will come in full detail later on in this Guide. I will be adding pictures as soon as I can take them do depict everything I am talking about.

The Basics:1 How to properly take off from a Aircraft Carrier and a Runway.

[pic - click to view]

Welcome to the flight deck of either a Japanese or American Aircraft Carrier Pilot. During the Battle of Coral Sea, Wake, Island, and Iwo Jima your planes to start are all located on your Carrier. The first thing everyone does when the round starts is rush for a plane, Either to keep flying in or to bail out of it (pathetic Airborne troopers jumping out of a perfectly good airplane). But we aren't Airborne forces, We are Unites States Navy/ Imperial Japanese Navy f!ghter Pilots. We don't jump we fly.

Once you find your Aircraft and hop in the cocpit (sp for censorship) you will start your engine automatically. This is the easy part. Next step you do is you hit the gas using the L1 button I told you about in the first part of the Guide. You will start moving once you hit this button. Now you will want to keep that button held down for as long as you are in the air, now that you are rolling down the flight deck this is where you start moving both control sticks up to take off. Once you are off the flightdeck you have 3 ways to go, Left, Straight, or Right. You choose. Just make sure not to Hit my Comm Center halfway thru your start (I am in that tower on American carriers to the right). After you pick a point you are off and flying. Good job Soldier you have completed your basic Takeoff now go have fun.

The Basics: 2 Landing for repair.

[pic - click to view]

This next section teaches you what to do when your plane starts smoking. Your plane is in a bad state of damage Airman get that plane fixed up pronto! When your favorite plane starts taking damage in 1943 it starts to smoke. That is a sign that says to the enemy I am damage please k!ll me.

So your plane is smoking and you are almost dead. It's time to head back to home and get fixed up. You can go about this repair 1 of 2 ways. Take a landing on the Carrier or just do a slow flyby on the flightdeck. I will teach you how to land your Aircraft because it may save your life when you land on the Wrong Carrier.

To preform a landing on a carrier you need to approach it either to the front or the back of the flightdeck and slow down so you don't crash. Once you are going slow your wheels will automatically drop. At this time you should be reaching the flightdeck. Once you are low enought on the deck the plane will stop flying and the wheels will skid and it might rattle you a bit. Don't worry you have landed on the Carrier. Just make sure that it's the right carrier to land on because if it's an enemy Carrier you won't get repairs, you will get shot. Repairs will start automatically and will take a few seconds to repair your Plane. After that Just take off again (refer to Part 1 if you don't remember bow) and you are back in the f!ght.

The Basics: 3 Finding your Targets.

This should be easy a task as any but then some people find their own planes instead of the Enemy. On your Hud while your are in the cocpit view you will see the Icons for allies and enemies when they are around you. Blue means an ally and Red means an Enemy, The Blue Icons will only show up in the form of a Plane while the red Icons show up as a Big Red Plane in the direction they are in and a Red Target when they are in your view. The Big Red Planes are the general direction the plane is to your location. Top of the screen is above/front of you while bottom of the screen is either below or right on your behind. We all favor the first option in the Top of the screen, if you see a big red plane on the bottom start praying that they are below you instead of behind you and fly like crazy.

There you have it. You know how to takeoff, Land for repair, and find your enemy.

The Basics Sections 1-3 complete Sections 4-8 to come at a later date.

Stay Safe
Stay Alive and become a f!ghter Ace.
 07-22-2009, 04:21 PM         #3
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so whered you copy this from?

I regret getting this game. If it had more than 3 maps I wouldnt regret.
 8 years ago '05        #4
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
word the same 3 maps are givin me a headache now....
 8 years ago '06        #5
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
find it odd that L1 is accelerate.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago