Jul 21 - Nigeria's ferry policy openly states, 'NO WHITE PEOPLE ALLOWED'

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
94 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
7986 pageviews
217 comments

servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
Jul 21 - Nigeria's ferry policy openly states, 'NO WHITE PEOPLE ALLOWED'

Lagos - During a visit to Nigeria, on former president Nelson Mandela's birthday on Saturday, parliamentarians from South Africa and other African countries refused to board a ferry, due to the company's policy that states white people were not allowed on board.

"Our 67 minutes became 3 hours of protesting a heinously racist policy," said Mtholephi Mthimkhulu, deputy speaker of the KwaZulu-Natal legislature, on Sunday.

"Emotions became quite heated at one stage. We said we can’t support a racist policy on Mandela's birthday," he said.

Members of the Commonwealth Alliance for Parliamentarians are currently on a two-week long study visit to Nigeria.

Ferry company policy

Saturday's incident took place when they wanted to board a ferry in the Niger Delta for a sight-seeing tour to an island.

According to Mthimkhulu, it was the ferry company's policy not to allow white people on their boats "for security reasons".

This would mean that four members of the group - Jo Ann Downs (KwaZulu-Natal ACDP MPL), Athol Trollip (DA MP) and Glenda Steyn (DA MPL from Gauteng), and also a coloured parliamentarian from Namibia, who was taken to be a white person - would not be able to go on board.

The South African delegates immediately said they would not go on the trip if their white colleagues were not allowed onto the boat, said Mthimkhulu.

Parliamentarians from Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, Gabon and Tanzania also protested, and eventually none of the parliamentarians went on the sight-seeing trip.

Company could be closed down

The governor of the River State later apologised to the group and said the authorities were not aware of the company's policy. According to Mthimkhulu, he gave his word that the company would be closed on Monday if it didn't change its policy.

In another incident, a security guard grabbed Downs's camera after she and Susan Mnumzana, former Free State MEC for agriculture, had taken photos. Mthimkhulu said Downs's camera was returned to her, after the rest of the group explained they were not aware that taking photographs was forbidden.

Mthimkhulu denied a report that the visit to Nigeria was "hell".

When the South Africans arrived, there was a delay at the airport because arrival forms had not been given to passengers while they were still on the plane.

Otherwise, the group were treated like VIPs, Mthimkhulu said.

Downs could not be reached for comment.

- Beeld

[pic - click to view]

sourcy

[pic - click to view]

http://www.news24.com/Con .. lowed%E2%80%99

Last edited by lilsnatch770; 07-22-2009 at 10:02 AM..

217 comments for "Jul 21 - Nigeria's ferry policy openly states, 'NO WHITE PEOPLE ALLOWED'"

07-21-2009, 07:24 AM         #2
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 servesurite said:
Sad...that's all I have to say...
 07-21-2009, 07:54 AM         #3
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn that sucks but watch there be 100+ replies of beef in this thread within the next week since its a "race" thread.
 8 years ago '05        #4
Angry_Black_757 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,664 | Props total: 0 0
To me it seems like the reason is deeper than just skin color. They are totally right to have the policy, white people have been trying to destroy Africa for hundreds of years (and been quite successful at it)
 07-21-2009, 08:40 AM         #5
SCbuttaman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ITS signs in SC bars that says no blacks allowed LOL so what find something else to do.
 07-21-2009, 08:44 AM         #6
TrkyMfns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SCbuttaman said:
ITS signs in SC bars that says no blacks allowed LOL so what find something else to do.
Really? :wow:
 8 years ago '07        #7
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,676 | Props total: 16966 16966
A RACIST COUNTRY OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a f***...like People in this thread would be really trying to go to Nigeria any damn way. While i say its not right...oh the f*** well..the white man is prolly pissed cuz now he cant go and pillage the damn country for all its goods like he does other african countries.
 8 years ago '05        #8
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
Sooo...
 07-21-2009, 09:54 AM         #9
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Angry_Black_757 said:
To me it seems like the reason is deeper than just skin color. They are totally right to have the policy, white people have been trying to destroy Africa for hundreds of years (and been quite successful at it)
have i? i mustve just been doing it subconsciously then.

wheras you (who im a.ssuming are black or not white) have done everything to help poor african nations, u always buy fair trade etc.?

if u think the aim of european colonial powers 100s of years ago was to destroy africa then i think u should f*** off and let the adults talk.

and i dont think they/we ( such an idiotic statement u made there d***head) have been "successful" at it, africa is a continent full of potential, and is being damaged far more by bad leadership than "the white mans" involvement.

who gives the most in donations to africans? is it africans themselves, asians, or europeans and people from the us?

if u try and combat racism from the past with further racism, what do u think that achieves?

(answer= more racism)
 07-21-2009, 10:03 AM         #10
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CadillacVyse said:
A RACIST COUNTRY OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a f***...like People in this thread would be really trying to go to Nigeria any damn way. While i say its not right...oh the f*** well..the white man is prolly pissed cuz now he cant go and pillage the damn country for all its goods like he does other african countries.
"the white man" and who is he exactly?

it looks 2 me like the black mans pissed because he didnt think of racism first :rolleyes:

and id go to nigeria, its got a massively growing economy, possibly in the future becoming one of the worlds top economies.

theyre trying 2 make their democracy freer from corruption, the main problem for nigeria (imo) is the conflict over the oil, and resulting poverty (due to poisoned fishing areas etc). in the niger delta.

they need 2 train more nigerian oil workers and stop bringing in foreign workers, who also risk kidnapping by somali and niger pirates.

its great that black americans always think they know everything about africa tho,

keep it up and youll be up to speed with white americans and their over praiseworthy,unrealistically nostalgic,bizarrely patriotic and overall ignorant opinions of european countries.
 07-21-2009, 10:05 AM         #11
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but some of these posters are right tho, the way to combat the ills of post-colonial africa is by stopping white people getting on ferries :rolleyes:
 8 years ago '05        #12
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,535 | Props total: 7665 7665
mediatakeout............

but being that this thread my race bait, it prob will stay n become 30 pages
 8 years ago '04        #13
elawhor 
space
space
$727 | Props total: 49 49
 SCbuttaman said:
^^yo where you from in SC...i hope your joking...i kno some folk in SC are undercover and blantant racists but i've never seen a sign that says no blacks allowed at establishments...where did you see this?
 8 years ago '08        #14
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
^ i doubt there's a sign that actually says that

it would either be ripped down or the owner would be forced to take it down within 5 minutes of putting it up
 8 years ago '04        #15
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,795 | Props total: 678 678
i am pissed cuz now i cant go and pillage the damn country for all its goods like i do other african countries.
 07-21-2009, 11:20 AM         #16
mastakillah21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Angry_Black_757 said:

so if thats the basis of your argument, one could also state that some places in the United States should be allowed to have a no blacks allowed policy because they have been destroying parts of the Uniteed States for years. Dont see how f!ghting racism with racism would work but hey... ur just an insecure angry blackman looking for something to blame ur misfortunes on
 8 years ago '05        #17
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 mastakillah21 said:
so if thats the basis of your argument, one could also state that some places in the United States should be allowed to have a no blacks allowed policy because they have been destroying parts of the Uniteed States for years. Dont see how f!ghting racism with racism would work but hey... ur just an insecure angry blackman looking for something to blame ur misfortunes on
Thats idea is invalid, because africans/blacks have contributed more to the US in terms of years, than destroying. W/e these race topics gets played, angry white man vs angry black man, who both sound stupid as f***, simply because they're offended by each others comments about their race.
 8 years ago '05        #18
kaderg911 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 0 0
africas the s***.....white man can eat a diiiuuukkkk
 07-21-2009, 12:04 PM         #19
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mastakillah21 said:
poor analogy.

a better one would be that european colonialism,in africa and asia was justified because armies from africa and asia had in the past invaded and plundered across europe,taking slaves, bringing diseases (like the bubonic plague which k!lled around 70million)

in turn some of those invasions, colonisations etc. were justified because armies from europe had invaded parts of asia and parts of africa before that,

in turn those invasions (like rome in n.africa and near east) were justified because armies from n.africa and the near east had invaded and plundered europe before that etc.

so its an endless cycle really.

basically war happens, lots of people seem 2 think slavery, warfare, conquest, ideas of racism/xenophobia have only existed in the past 400 years, and have only been practiced by nations with majority white populations, hence the ignorance and hatred.
 07-21-2009, 12:06 PM         #20
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kaderg911 said:
africas the s***.....white man can eat a diiiuuukkkk
no i think youll find thats a nigerian delicacy :rolleyes:

when was the last time u went 2 africa since u think its so brilliant?

(refer to my post i made before,and i know ur in canada)

its great that black americans always think they know everything about africa tho,

keep it up and youll be up to speed with white americans and their over praiseworthy,unrealistically nostalgic,bizarrely patriotic and overall ignorant opinions of european countries.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
81 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
41 comments
19 hours ago