Carl Froch vs Andre Dirrell[10-17-09][Showtime]

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
75 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner?
Froch by KO 1 12.50%
Froch by Decision 0 0%
Dirrell by KO 3 37.50%
Dirrell by Decision 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-05-2009, 09:47 AM         #21
Vincent Vega 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dirrell gonna be too quick. andre by decision.
 8 years ago '06        #22
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Anthony and Andre Dirrell grew up dreaming of wearing world championship belts around their waists.

Just like many kids would dream of being the hero of the Super Bowl or hitting the home run to win the World Series, the Dirrell brothers would go to sleep at night with visions of boxing greatness.

Andre truly believed Anthony would win a world championship and Anthony believed just as fervently that Andre would.

Nothing that happened in the early days of their professional careers convinced them otherwise.

“We were right there, right on track,” Anthony said.

They were, that is, until that day in 2007 when Anthony, then 24, was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Doctors told him it was curable, but cancer is nothing to trifle with. f!ghting cancer makes boxing seem fairly insignificant.
More From Kevin Iole

* Talented Lopez needs real challenge Oct 9, 2009
* No need for a federal commission Oct 8, 2009

ADVERTISEMENT

And while Anthony was going to have to put his dream of a world championship on the shelf for a while, he wanted no such thought to cross his older brother’s mind. He worried, if only briefly, that it might deter his brother’s progress toward the championship.

But after the two spoke privately, Anthony Dirrell was convinced Andre would be better than ever.

“We were positive about beating this, but he definitely told me that if I couldn’t come back, he’d take care of me,” said Anthony, who is recovered, cancer-free and 18-0 with 15 knockouts. “He’d talk about the championship when I was (undergoing chemotherapy) and he would say, ‘We are going to get it.’ I was there for him and watching his training and watching his f!ghts and he was always there for me. It was like nothing had changed.”

Things are about to change big time in Andre’s life, however. He was chosen to be part of Showtime’s Super Six super middleweight tournament and will make his debut on Oct. 17 in Nottingham, England, when he meets unbeaten Carl Froch in Froch’s hometown for the World Boxing Council belt.

Froch is coming off a dramatic 12th-round stoppage of Jermain Taylor in April, but Dirrell said he won’t make the same mistake Taylor did. Dirrell, a middleweight bronze medalist for the U.S. in the 2004 Olympics, said he won’t allow his conditioning to wane like Taylor did.

“Jermain, you could tell he was worried about gassing out, even early in the f!ght,” Andre Dirrell said. “When he dropped Carl Froch, he didn’t go back in and try to execute and try to finish the f!ght. He could have done that, but he didn’t. He thought about his gas and he did exactly what everybody thought he’d do, including Froch. Froch pretty much knew he was going to gas out and that’s what happened.

“I’m coming in tiptop shape, believe me. I’m a young guy. I just turned 26 and I’m more ready than I’ve ever been. I’m ready to get out there and make this happen.”

Dirrell is considered one of the tournament’s underdogs, if only because he hasn’t been on the big stage as frequently as men like Froch, Taylor, Arthur Abraham and pre-tournament favorite Mikkel Kessler.

Leon Lawson Jr., Dirrell’s a.ssistant trainer, said he barely hesitated when his father, lead trainer Leon Lawson Sr., asked his opinion of Dirrell accepting a spot in the Super Six.

“My father brought it to me and it took about 20 seconds,” Lawson Jr. said. “That was enough time for me to ask and answer a lot of questions. Who is faster out there than Andre? No one. Who is more elusive and who uses the ring as well? No one. Who has his power? No one. I came up with nobody on every question I asked myself, so it was a no-brainer to put myself in there.”

Promoter Gary Shaw expects Dirrell to use the stage he’s given at Super Six to become a big-time star. Winning a medal in the Olympics doesn’t have the cachet for a boxer it used to and Dirrell isn’t widely known beyond hard-core boxing junkies.

But he’s a charismatic and friendly guy with a pleasing style and a megawatt smile. Such traits carried former Olympians like Ray Leonard, Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Jr. to mainstream success and while Shaw isn’t expecting Dirrell to reach that level of stardom, he thinks Dirrell will in time be huge.

“He’s got a large personality outside of the ring and people are drawn to him,” Shaw said. “He has an award-winning smile that sucks you in and makes you feel close to him. He’s a likeable guy and when he smiles, you feel like he’s your friend. You relate to him.”

He has no lack of motivation to win. Not only has he been clamoring for a title shot for a long time, but he wants to fulfill his half of his bargain with his brother.

The family is deeply spiritual and Lawson Jr. said Andre Dirrell accepted his brother’s illness as one of those obstacles that test a man’s character.

He said he was convinced Andre was a man of the highest character, but said his reaction to his brother’s cancer discovery proved it conclusively.

“Everything happens for a reason, but when a young man is hit with something like that, you ask yourself at the time, ‘Why is this happening?’ ” Lawson said. “But we know, soon enough, the reason will reveal itself. The devil throws monkey wrenches in the game to keep us from accomplishing our goals, but he only added fuel to our fire. The devil is a liar and thank God, Anthony is healthy and OK.

“That’s a tremendous motivation for Andre. It’s made him a stronger person. The devil is there looking to k!ll, steal and destroy. Andre got a first-hand lesson of what life is about, that it’s not a game. It’s for real. He handled it so well. He was there for his brother every step of the way and he threw himself into his job because he promised he would do what he had to do. He’s better for having lived through the experience.”

Andre Dirrell is grateful that his brother is back, boxing and once again on the path toward a championship. Anthony Dirrell will f!ght on a ShoBox card in Santa Ynez, Calif., in December as part of his comeback.

Andre Dirrell, though, has some business to attend to first and plans to make a big statement with his f!ght against Froch. Even f!ghting in Froch’s hometown and with a crowd rooting vehemently against him in his first world title f!ght doesn’t faze him.

He insists he’s going to keep his end of the bargain with his baby brother and bring a world championship back to Flint, Mich.

“This is my chance and I’m going to take it and run with it,” said Dirrell, whose 18-0 record with 13 knockouts is remarkably similar to his younger sibling’s. “I’m already mentally focused and I’m physically prepared and with these last couple of weeks, I’ll be able to bring even more to the table. I’m going out there fully confident and not worrying about the crowd and how hostile it will be. That’s where I am very confident. I am very fast, I’m very slick and I’m very aware.

“I’m on my ‘A’ game now and if it goes the distance, I’m not even worried about it because I know I’ll pull the f!ght off. I’m not worried at all about getting robbed.”

8 years ago '06        #23
space
space

Andre Dirrell To Dedicate f!ght To The American Troops And Promises "To Go Mickey Mantle" On Carl Froch

BIG BEAR LAKE, CALIF. (October 8, 2009) – Undefeated No. 1 super middleweight contender and American Dream “The Matrix” ANDRE DIRRELL is finishing up his most grueling and productive training camp ever as he prepares for his first world title f!ght, challenging World Boxing Council (WBC) super middleweight champion Carl Froch in a battle of undefeated warriors. Dirrell breaks camp for Mother England on Saturday.

“I’ve spent my whole life dreaming of this night when I f!ght for the world title,” said Dirrell. “Froch has been foaming at the mouth saying how hopeless my chances are against him. Frankly I find his rants tiresome. No wonder Joe Calzaghe didn’t give him a shot. He’s a gasbag. He may have fought southpaws and orthodox style f!ghters, but he has NEVER fought a switch-hitter like me. I’m going to go Mickey Mantle on him and shoot the works from the moment the bell rings. Mr. Froch can kiss my Yankee Doodle..”

Dirrell’s promoter, Gary Shaw, stated similar sentiments. “Andre is considered the dark horse of this tournament and that’s just fine with us,” said Shaw. “No one gave him a chance against Victor Oganov (28-1, 28 KOs), or Anthony Hanshaw (21-1-1, 14 KOs), and he had an early night with both of them, knocking them out in the sixth and fifth rounds, respectively. I have no doubt Andre will be the new WBC super middleweight champion on October 17 and I have no doubt Andre will be in the finals of this illustrious tournament.

Undefeated WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch (25-0, 20 KOs), of Nottingham, England, and unbeaten, 2004 Olympic U.S. medalist Andre Dirrell (18-0, 13 KOs), of Flint, Mich., stage their 12-round showdown at Trent FM Arena in Nottingham, England, on Saturday, Oct. 17, live on SHOWTIME® (8 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast).

The battle of unbeatens – the second half of a doubleheader on SHOWTIME® -- will be for Froch’s WBC 168-pound title and the first f!ght for Froch and Dirrell in the Super Six World Boxing Classic.

In the opening Super Six Group Stage 1 bout on Oct. 17, undefeated former IBF middleweight champion “King’’ Arthur Abraham (30-0, 24 KOs), of Germany, will face former undisputed 160-pound titleholder Jermain “Bad Intentions’’ Taylor (28-3-1, 17 KOs), of Little Rock, Ark., at 02 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. The Abraham-Taylor 12-rounder will be shown on SHOWTIME on same day delay.

For information on all SHOWTIME Sports telecasts, including exclusive behind-the-scenes video and photo galleries from its events and complete information on the Super Six World Boxing Classic, please visit the website at

Dirrell to Dedicate his f!ght Against Carl Froch to the American Troops

(BIG BEAR, CALIF.) – Super middleweight Andre Dirrell (Flint, Mich.) is currently completing his stateside preparations for his first world title f!ght at Camp Dirrell in Big Bear, Calif. He and his team will depart for England on Saturday before he steps into the ring with WBC Super Middleweight World Champion Carl Froch (Nottingham, England) at the Trent FM Arena in his hometown of Nottingham on October 17.

Dirrell knows that he will be representing not only himself, but his country on October 17, and is dedicating the f!ght to the United States troops who f!ght for American citizens like himself every day.

“The American troops overseas keep all of us safe and I support them 100 percent,” Dirrell said. “I do nothing but pray for them because they do that for our country and everyone in it.”

Dirrell is accustomed to competing for the red, white and blue, having boxed for Team USA in numerous events as an amateur, including the 2004 Olympic Games, where he won a bronze medal.

The 26-year-old Olympic medalist has completed nearly two months of training camp in Big Bear, and is positive that he will claim his first world championship in his nineteenth professional f!ght in Nottingham. “I’m feeling really confident right now and I’m ready to make it happen,” Dirrell said.

He will complete sparring on Friday before leaving for England on Saturday morning. Dirrell will be joined by several family members in Nottingham, including his brother, Anthony, and uncle and grandfather, Leon Lawson, Jr., and Leon Lawson, Sr., who also serve as his trainers.

Fans can get an inside look at Dirrell’s training camp and preparations for his first world title f!ght in the opening episode of Showtime’s – f!ght CAMP 360 this Saturday at 10:30 EST/PST.

For live updates on Andre Dirrell throughout f!ght week, follow him on twitter at .
 8 years ago '07        #24
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,051 | Props total: 30338 30338
First Episode on Showtime

8 years ago '06        #25
space
space
Dirrell: "I'll Slam Froch With Home Runs, Line Drives"

BIG BEAR LAKE, CALIF. – Undefeated No. 1 super middleweight contender and American Dream “The Matrix” ANDRE DIRRELL had a few words for his opponent Carl Froch before breaking camp in Big Bear Lake, Calif. and boarding a plane for England today. Dirrell is just seven days away from his first world title f!ght, challenging Froch for his World Boxing Council (WBC) super middleweight championship belt, in a battle of undefeated gladiators.

“When I get finished with Froch he'll have a look in his eyes as vacant as the title he won when Joe Calzaghe gave it up rather than waste his time with such a trivial defense," said Dirrell. “He wants me to stand up to the plate? I'm going to be slamming him with line drives and home runs from both sides of the plate like Mickey Mantle. Boxing and the U.K. will be thanking me for relieving them of Froch's greenhouse effect. I'm going to punch holes in that gasbag. His title reign will become vapor. If you ask me, Mr. Froch sounds more than a little worried about f!ghting me. I suggest he wear a diaper under his trunks so he doesn't embarrass himself in front of his fans while walking into the ring next Saturday. I said it before and I'll say it again, he can kiss my Yankee Doodle.”

Undefeated WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch (25-0, 20 KOs), of Nottingham, England, and unbeaten, 2004 Olympic U.S. medalist Andre Dirrell (18-0, 13 KOs), of Flint, Mich., stage their 12-round showdown at Trent FM Arena in Nottingham, England, on Saturday, Oct. 17, live on SHOWTIME® (8 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast).

The battle of unbeatens – the second half of a doubleheader on SHOWTIME® -- will be for Froch’s WBC 168-pound title and the first f!ght for Froch and Dirrell in the Super Six World Boxing Classic.

In the opening Super Six Group Stage 1 bout on Oct. 17, undefeated former IBF middleweight champion “King’’ Arthur Abraham (30-0, 24 KOs), of Germany, will face former undisputed 160-pound titleholder Jermain “Bad Intentions’’ Taylor (28-3-1, 17 KOs), of Little Rock, Ark., at 02 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. The Abraham-Taylor 12-rounder will be shown on SHOWTIME on same day delay.

8 years ago '06        #26
space
space

[pic - click to view]

CARL FROCH wishes he had been born 20 years earlier because it would have meant beatings for ring legends Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns and Sugar Ray Leonard.

You might think the WBC super-middleweight champion has taken too many shots with such wild boasts, but the outspoken boxer isn't around to win popularity contests.

Froch, 32, said: "Top f!ghters at top level can f!ght each other 10 times and it isn't going to be 10-0 to one man. I would have been in the mix with Hagler, Hearns and Leonard. Hagler was a f!ghter and a brawler and I can do that, but I can also box, use my range and boxing skills.

"I'd have not quite done a Sugar Ray Leonard on him but done half a Leonard and half a Hearns. It would have been a mixture of the two.

"I have a better chin than Hearns and I have got some of Leonard's skills. Domestically, Chris Eubank was skilful but crude. Nigel Benn was just a brawler, Steve Collins was just a tough brawler. I don't consider them to have been that hot and I could have beaten all three.

"I would have been a massive superstar in that era."

Nottingham's Froch, unbeaten in all 25 f!ghts, believes he will finally get recognition if he wins the £30million Super Six World Boxing Classic.

He must win five f!ghts inside the next 18 months against rivals including Mikkel Kessler and Arthur Abraham to be crowned king.

The Cobra's first f!ght in the event to discover the world's top 12-stoner is against the American Andre Dirrell at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham on Saturday. That's followed by Kessler in Copenhagen next March, and Abraham in Britain. The other contestants are Jermain Taylor and Andre Ward.

Each boxer will have three bouts against different opponents in the group stage. A win will be worth two points with one point bonus for a KO or stoppage. A draw will be worth one point.

The top four will go into the semi-finals, where the points leader will box the fourth-placed f!ghter.

The final is due to take place in early 2011.

The odds are: 9/4 Kessler; 5/2 Abraham, Froch; 6/1 Taylor; 9/1 Dirrell; 10/1 Ward.

10-10-2009, 08:11 PM         #27
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
styles makes f!ghts, i think dre will out box him and win by dec
 8 years ago '06        #28
space
space
godamn i cant f**kin wait for this s**t

Froch vs Dirrell - After All The Hype, Will The f!ght Deliver?

by James Slater - It may be because it's one of the first bouts in the new and exciting idea that is the "Super Six" tournament, but Carl Froch Vs. Andre Dirrell seems to have been one of the most hyped-up f!ghts of the year. Thanks largely to both f!ghters, there has been an article some place or another or the net practically ever since the f!ght was announced.

Both guys have more than got involved in the trash-talking department, with an "I'm gonna do this," or an "I'm gonna do that" statement from one f!ghter and then the other appearing almost daily for the past few weeks/months now.. All well and good, and we fans sure are looking forward to seeing how the unbeaten "Cobra" will cope with the likewise undefeated "Matrix" this coming Saturday in the WBC 168-pound champion's hometown of Nottingham, U.K. But will the f!ght live up to the hype it's received?

It better had.

That same night, in Germany, unbeaten former middleweight champion Arthur Abraham will meet former champ Jermain Taylor. And that f!ght, for some reason - probably the less bombastic nature of the two f!ghters - has not quite been hyped up as much as it's U'K counterpart. But which f!ght will deliver most where it counts; in the ring?

Both Froch and Dirrell have promised to stop the other, claiming the bombs will fly once the bell rings (both men having used varying degrees of creative speech in announcing what they will do to their rival when they square off). And an action packed f!ght may well occur. In fact, it better had. Imagine if Dirrell, for example, were to come in and f!ght negatively, looking to box on the retreat and refuse to engage the champion. Or imagine how much of a letdown it would be if the local man tasted Dirrell's power early and went into a shell. Both scenarios are quite hard ones to envisage happening, but with all they've been saying both f!ghters have put added pressure on themselves to make it an exciting f!ght.

Froch, by nature, will almost surely come out aggressively as promised, but we don't yet know how good Dirrell is at world championship level. Could "The Matrix" let the side down with regards to giving us great action? "The Cobra" has said that as soon as Dirrell feels his power, he will f!ght to survive as opposed to f!ght to win. If that does happen will the f!ght have been a disappointment? To the challenger's fans it will have, but to Froch's fans, thousands of which will be in attendance, the sight of their guy winning will be enough to make them happy; even more so if he wins in dominant fashion.

And that's what I think will happen on Saturday. I feel Dirrell will fail to live up to his pre-f!ght boasting. It won't be a boring f!ght, but it will be one-sided. Froch will prove to be too powerful, too hardened and too strong for his challenger and "Super Six" rival.

Take it for what it's worth, but I predict Froch will come out firing, back Dirrell up and get him out of there, in seemingly easy fashion, inside the first eight rounds.

One thing's for sure, though; whoever loses on Saturday sure will be left feeling embarrassed.

8 years ago '06        #29
space
space
Froch: "Dirrell, gobby American will get his boots smoked"
By Mark Vester

WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch plans to make unbeaten Andre Dirrell pay a big price when they clash on Saturday night in Nottingham. Froch is tired of Dirrell's trash talk and plans to make him suffer in the ring with a slow beating from post to post. He says the Dirrell has never fought anyone of note; giving him no basis to run his big mouth.

“It’s just the usual trash talk,” said Froch to The Daily Express. “But the difference is that, whereas Mikkel Kessler and Arthur Abraham fought some great boxers over the years, who has this pipsqueak swapped punches with? I’m not exactly losing any sleep over Andre Dirrell."

Froch says every single opponent has promised to knock him out and couldn't deliver. He plans to make an example of Dirrell before a sold-out arena of hometown fans.

“Every time I’ve boxed, before every single one of my 25 f!ghts, my opponent has said the same thing, ‘I’m going to knock out Carl Froch and take his head off’. It’s just rubbish and Dirrell will find that out when I start whacking him all around Nottingham Arena. I’m sure that is the reason this f!ght will be a sell-out and the fact I’m taking on a gobby American who is going to get his boots smoked.”

[video - click to view]

Froch vs Dirrell: Carl Froch Media Workout Quotes

boxingThe Carl Froch – Andre Dirrell WBC World Super Middleweight title f!ght will be screened live on pay per view in the UK and Ireland on new satellite channel Primetime (Sky channel 480) as part of a knockout Super Six tournament double header from Nottingham and Berlin. The tournament officially kicks off in Germany when former marquee Middleweight Champs Arthur Abraham and Jermain Taylor clash at The O2 World Arena in Berlin before the action moves to Froch’s hometown and the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham.

To watch the opening night of the Super Six tournament on Primetime (Sky channel 480) call 0871 200 4444 (+448702 416 666 from the Republic of Ireland) or see . The event is available at a special price of £12.95 until 24 hours before the f!ght after which it will then increase to £14.95. Tickets for Froch V Dirrell are available from the Trent FM Arena, Nottingham Box Office priced £30, £45, £125 and £250. To purchase tickets call the Box Office on 08444 124 624 or visit . Tickets are also available from Ticketline on 0844 888 4402 or via .

On Andre Dirrell’s trash talk in the lead up to the f!ght: “I don't look too much into mind games before a f!ght because I've heard it all before. I've had 25 f!ghts and every one of my opponents said they'd decapitate me or knock me out or whatever. They all come with their own game plan and their own story but every f!ghter has to believe in themselves and be confident..

“Maybe he's coming over here super confident and I'm sure he will be right up until the first bell but as soon as I start connecting with those ten ounce gloves he'll start to realise he's in there with a proven, strong, warrior and World Champion and that he's a long way from home.”

On Dirrell's more polite approach since arriving in Nottingham:

“If he's calming down on the trash talk then it's obviously dawning on him the task in hand. He's got to f!ght a proven World Champion, who's beaten a man who's now World Light Heavyweight Champion (Jean Pascal) and then went to America to beat Jermain Taylor, a man who was an Undisputed World Middleweight Champ.”

boxing

On f!ghting at home in Nottingham at the Trent FM Arena:

“Being at home with 8,000 screaming fans all in your favour it gives you an edge so I'm looking forward to that.
I know what it's like to have the fans against you, booing every time you land a shot and cheering every time you get smacked on the chin and it's not very nice.”

On coping with Dirrell’s vaunted speed:

“Speed's not a problem if you're not there to be hit and it's my job to ensure I'm not there to be hit and keep my guard up and that's what I've been working on in training.”

boxing

On his tactics for Dirrell:

“I'm going to be gunning for him. I'm going to be hitting him hard to the body early on and once he starts to slow down then I'll drag him into a f!ght and we'll find out what he's got.

“Styles make f!ght, it's an old cliché but its true. I've seen a few flaws in his style in the f!ghts I've watched but I'm sure I've looked terrible in some of my f!ghts and he could watch those and pick holes in my armoury.”

On his preparations for the f!ght:

“All I've been concentrating on is doing my work right. I've had a great camp; my running's been brilliant so I'm super fit. My heart rate's down where it wants to be. My weights down, I was already a pound inside the 12 stone limit when I woke up this morning so that won't be a problem. I'm eating good food, I'm feeling very strong and I've done some real damage in my sparring without mentioning any names. So I'm feeling as strong as I've ever done and punching harder than ever.”

boxing

On the Super Six tournament:

“We've got a win, lose or draw scenario which is very unique in boxing. If you're in a position where you're defending you're title and you were to drop a decision and lose the title then you're in no mans lads trying to build yourself back up but in the super Six we have the privilege of three f!ghts guaranteed at World level and getting paid well win, lose or draw so there's a bit of a safety net there but I don't look at it like that.

“I'm a winner and I don't go in there thinking of anything else other than winning. My style has always been geared towards knocking the other guy out. If I'm going into round eleven having won the previous ten I still want to knock the other guy out.”

On an ankle injury suffered prior to his last f!ght, a dramatic final round KO of former undisputed Middleweight Champ and fellow Super Six participant, Jermain Taylor:

“I had an ankle problem before the Taylor f!ght when I fell when I was out running. I turned it over pretty bad. I actually contemplated pulling out. It was around a month before the f!ght but the last thing I wanted to do was pull out but I was limping and hobbling around. It was a strained lateral ligament.”

For more information on the Super Six World Boxing Classic including exclusive videos, photography, expert analysis from Al Bernstein and Steve Farhood, and much more please visit or visit .
 8 years ago '06        #31
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
Froch & Dirrell face-off

[pic - click to view]

PRESS CONFERENCE VIDEO - fROCH going at andre head!!
OCT 14

MUST SEE VIDEO <<<
VIDEO LINK

Andre Dirrell " I SWEAR TO GOD! I AM TAKING THAT BELT" OOOOOO s**t ANDRE ADERNALINE IS THROUGH THE ROOOOF PEEP END OF VIDEO!!

Carl Froch says Andre Dirrell is "running scared" ahead of Saturday's super-middleweight world title f!ght, while the American challenger "guarantees" he will take Froch's WBC belt.

IS IT SAT YET?
IS IT SAT YET?
IS IT SAT YET?
IS IT SAT YET?
IS IT SAT YET?

AMPED!!

Last edited by StudiosConnect'; 10-14-2009 at 02:01 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #32
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
LOL!

[pic - click to view]

*Denzel Washington's voice* My n*gga... *Denzel Washington's voice*

Last edited by stogz; 10-14-2009 at 06:25 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #33
space
space
damn im f**kin hype for this s**t. i got 300k on froch to win...
 8 years ago '06        #35
space
space
"Carl “The Cobra” Froch and Andre “The Matrix” Dirrell will weigh in ahead of this Saturday’s Super Six World Boxing Classic showdown in the historic setting of Nottingham’s famous Old Market Square at 5pm on Friday. As always, Froch is confident that he will make the weight without any difficulty but he believes his Dirrell may be struggling to shift those last few pounds. “My weights down, I was already a pound inside the 12 stone limit when I woke up yesterday morning so that won’t be a problem,” said the WBC super middleweight champion. “I’m eating good food and I’m feeling very strong. Dirrell’s quite tall for a super middle at 6 foot 1 so I think he probably struggles a bit to get down to 12 stone. From what I’ve seen of him since he arrived in the U.K. he looks a bit like a boiled chicken the way his cheeks are sucked in. He looks quite gaunt so maybe he’s struggling with the weight because when I met him in New York a few months back to launch the Super Six tournament he looked a lot fuller and healthier. He looks a lot different now so I think he has to work very, very hard to get that weight down and I’m sure travelling from the States at the weekend won’t have helped either.”
 8 years ago '06        #36
space
space
Andre comments you couldnt hear/see

"and I told froch the only thing he's going to here is his momma crying and hollering in the crowd" - twitter
 8 years ago '04        #37
Rileyboy03 
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 1 1
if dirrell slows toward the end of the f!ght froch got a chance, otherwise froch is way too slow and as long as he can keep distance dirrell got the decision
 8 years ago '07        #38
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Rileyboy03 said:
if dirrell slows toward the end of the f!ght froch got a chance, otherwise froch is way too slow and as long as he can keep distance dirrell got the decision
See, that's what I'm thinking as well.

My only concerns are...

First, Dirrell is REALLY amped. He might go out there and f!ght with too much emotion. I don't want him to get too comfortable with how slow Froch is... and then start getting careless.

Second,

[pic - click to view]

looks like Dirrell drop a whole lot of weight, hope it doesn't sap his energy.
 8 years ago '06        #39
space
space
yea i agree ,stogz, he looked pretty anxious in the presser

Undefeated Andre Dirrell struggled but eventually made weight during his second trip to the scales. He challenges WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch on Saturday night in Nottingham. Froch weighed-in at 167-pounds. Dirrell, during his first trip, was four ounces overweight. He returned a second time and scaled in at 167.5.

8 years ago '06        #40
space
space
Ha froch called that weight s**t, good thing he made it though... I officially will not be posting on the internet after 11am tomm, if someone post some upset results before televised in usa I'll never post online again
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago