Carl Froch vs Andre Dirrell[10-17-09][Showtime]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner?
Froch by KO 1 12.50%
Froch by Decision 0 0%
Dirrell by KO 3 37.50%
Dirrell by Decision 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
8497 pageviews
226 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Carl Froch vs Andre Dirrell[10-17-09][Showtime]

[pic - click to view]

click here to vote on who think will win

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 10-05-2009 at 12:01 AM..

226 comments for "Carl Froch vs Andre Dirrell[10-17-09][Showtime]"

8 years ago '07        #2
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30275 30275
Dirrell blasts Froch!

Unbeaten Andre “The Matrix” Dirrell has come out all guns blazing ahead of his Super Six showdown with WBC Super Middleweight Champ Carl Froch on October 17th. Froch will have home advantage for the clash with promoter Mick Hennessy confirming that the f!ght will take place at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham with tickets for the event going on sale next week. The bout takes place on the opening night of SHOWTIME’s Super Six World Boxing Classic, a groundbreaking new tournament which will ultimately crown the world’s best Super Middleweight and produce a strong candidate for the best pound for pound f!ghter on the planet.

Dirrell, an Olympic medallist from the Athens Games in 2004 has racked up 18 straight wins in the paid ranks and he’s dismissed Froch as the weakest in the Super Six line-up which also includes WBA champ, Mikkel Kessler, IBF Middleweight title holder Arthur Abraham, former Undisputed Middleweight champ Jermain Taylor and 2004 Olympic Gold medallist Andrew Ward.

“I begged to get Froch in my first f!ght,” revealed Dirrell. “He’s the guy I wanted. This is going to be my easiest f!ght. This is the f!ght where I’ll show off and look my best and that’s a guarantee. I’ll look my best there because he’s just that easy to hit and he’s slow.”

Dirrell is distinctly unimpressed with Froch despite the Nottingham man’s back to back f!ght of the year candidates in winning the WBC title against the unbeaten Jean Pascal last December and defending the belt in April with a dramatic final round KO over marquee American star Jermain Taylor.

“Froch only beat Jean Pascal because Pascal didn’t do his job and fought the wrong f!ght,” claimed Dirrell. “He fought Jermain Taylor and was losing to Taylor but got fortunate and knocked him out. Froch hasn’t really shown me anything. Honestly if you want to sit back and break it down he’s not really a true champion yet. If he can win this tournament then he’ll become a true champion but he’s not there yet.”

Although he travelled the world during a glorious amateur career Dirrell has yet to f!ght outside the U.S. as a pro. However he insists that crossing the Atlantic holds no fear for him and he will be looking to restore some American pride to the Super Middleweight division.

“Even before this series came about I wanted to go to the U.K. and beat Carl Froch for the WBC title and then go to Denmark and beat Mikkel Kessler for the WBA title because I want to make a statement to the American fans that we’re not down and out.

“My plan was always to go to Europe and bring those belts home because that’s the American way and I want to fulfil that to the fullest and this tournament gives me the opportunity to do just that and I know for certain that I will. I’m just super hungry because I know that these are the top guys to beat and I’m in a great position and I know that I’m going to come out of this victorious.”

The 26-year-old switch hitter from Flint, Michigan has no doubts that he has the quality to emerge victorious from the Super Six series. “My skill is outstanding, my will is unbearable and my physical strength and mental game are second to none,” claimed Dirrell. “I will beat World Champion after World Champion and that in turn will make me the best out there. That’s what I love about this tournament.”

Although he doesn’t hold Froch in high regard Dirrell appears to have far greater respect for his other European rivals in the Super Six series.

“Mikkel Kessler will definitely be the toughest f!ght for me and I love Arthur Abraham’s defence so he’ll be another tough opponent. He’s also going to be quicker than the other guys because he’s coming up from a smaller weight class.”

German based Abraham will also be in action on October 17th when he faces Jermain “Bad Intentions” Taylor in the American’s first f!ght since his dramatic defeat to Froch in Connecticut in April.

The final bout of the first stage of the Super Six round robin takes place on November 21st when Mikkel Kessler squares off against unbeaten Andre Ward.
 8 years ago '05        #3
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6948 6948
Froch will probably knock him out, but i'm goin for a Dirrell UD
 8 years ago '06        #4
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
i have to watch more of both to really tell...not really impressed by either
 8 years ago '05        #5
th4lb 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,604 | Props total: 3508 3508
Dirrell is from Flint my money is on him
 8 years ago '07        #6
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30275 30275
Dirrell needs to control the distance and stay focused. Last time a youngin' was having his way with a slower dude, and then got c*cky... he got his a** handed to him...

and became famous for his 'chicken dance'.
 8 years ago '04        #7
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 1572 1572
Dirrell will pull it off
Posted via Mobile Device
 07-23-2009, 05:41 PM         #8
Sangria1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f*** the Bulls*** Dirrell by KO.....and Dirrell to beat Andre Ward for the title
 8 years ago '06        #9
space
space

[pic - click to view]

WBC Super Middleweight Champion Carl Froch has laughed off any suggestions that unbeaten American star Andre Dirrell has got under his skin ahead of their opening round Super Six clash in Nottingham on October 17th.

Dirrell boasted yesterday that Froch would be his “easiest f!ght” in the groundbreaking new series which also includes WBA champ Mikkel Kessler, IBF Middleweight champ Arthur Abraham, former Undisputed Middleweight title holder Jermain Taylor and Olympic Gold medallist Andre Ward.

Froch will enjoy home advantage for the bout at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham with tickets for the event going on sale next week and he says all the pressure will be on Dirrell to back up his words when he arrives in the U.K.

“I’ve heard all that kind of talk before so it doesn’t bother me,” said Froch. “It’s Dirrell who has to worry about backing up that big talk. I actually believe he’s quite nervous about the series so he’s trying to talk himself up. When he turned up at the media tour last week I think the realisation of what he’d got himself into actually hit home and I think he was a little overawed by the occasion.

“If he’s nervous getting his photo taken alongside the likes of World Champions like myself and Mikkel Kessler how’s he going to feel when he actually has to step into the ring with us?

“He’s got a decent amateur pedigree and he's done well as a pro so far but he’s about to step up to a whole new level now. Most of the other guys in this tournament are proven, elite level f!ghters but Dirrell is still untested so it’s up to him to prove he belongs at this level.

“He's unbeaten obviously so he has that confidence and mentality of a f!ghter who doesn't believe they can be beaten but he's forgetting that I'm unbeaten as well so I have that same confidence and mentality.”

Dirrell has accused Froch of being too slow and easy to hit but the Nottingham man has watched Dirrell in action and says he sees nothing to worry him. “I've watched a couple of rounds of him in action and to be honest I’ve seen enough to know what he’s about. I'm not going to lose too much sleep over him. I'll let him worry about me. He's the guy doing all the talking and he's the guy who has to come to my back yard and take my title so he's the one with things to worry about.

“He's got fast hands but I don’t see any evidence that he’s a big puncher. He likes to switch hit, changing from southpaw to orthodox but I'll find his weak side and bash him up. Let’s see how he reacts with being taken into the trenches. I’m sure we’ll learn a lot more about him then.”

8 years ago '04        #12
DJWho 
space
space
$1,316 | Props total: 6 6
I'm running my dude from Fli City with to school with his brother, which he will be champ also
 8 years ago '05        #13
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6948 6948
I can't believe how lopsided this is....Froch is gonna work Dirrell
 8 years ago '06        #14
space
space
coming soon!
 8 years ago '06        #15
space
space
wat if this ends up like benn-mcclellan
 8 years ago '06        #16
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Nicknamed "The Cobra," England's Carl Froch certainly was spitting venom during a recent conference call involving upcoming rival, Andre Dirrell.

The WBC supermiddleweight champion was, all at once, confident, brash and unrepentant, respectively, about what he did in stopping Arkansas' Jermain Taylor with 12 seconds left in their April bout; the fact that he expects to similarly blast Dirrell into unconcious oblivion; and in defending what he has to say in regard to himself or just about any subject.

"To be honest, I always conduct myself in a professional manner. I'm a consumate professional from start to finish. Anything I say, I mean, and I stand by my convictions. If I am coming across as insulting or unfair or whatever, well I only say what I believe in," said Froch, 32.

"If you want to call it trash talk, it's not trash talk. It's confidence and belief, and I'm not going to apologize for anything that I've said or will say," said Froch. "I speak the truth and I speak what I believe. I'm in a position where I can pretty much say what I want to the opponent, or to give people the respect that I think that they deserve."

Call him "The Sherriff of Nottingham" after his home town in England, where Froch (25-0, 20 knockouts) has no doubt that he will successfully defend his supermiddleweight (168 pounds) crown on Oct. 17 against Dirrell (18-0, 13 KOs) in front of what will surely be a boisterous, partisan crowd at the Trent FM Arena.

"I think it's a big plus for me f!ghting at home. I've boxed in the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham, probably 13, 14 times. So it's a home away from home for me, so I'll be cool, calm and relaxed," said Froch, who has fought 23 times in England and just twice in America.

"I've been in the trenches more than once, and I've come out of it on top more than once. I'm an undefeated professional with an 80 percent knockout ratio -- and that will improve on Oct. 17," said Froch. "Being at the Nottingham Arena in my home town just makes my job a whole lot easier. I'm looking forward to f!ghting in front of 8,000 fans -- cheering my name and backing me up."

Froch-Dirrell will be the second in Showtime's Super Six Supermiddleweight World Boxing Classic tournament, following the tape-delayed matchup between former champions Taylor (28-3-1, 17 KOs) and Armenian-born Arthur Abraham (30-0, 24 KOs), who will meet in Abraham's adopted home town of Berlin at the O2 World Arena in Germany.

On Nov. 21, Denmark's WBA champion Mikkel Kessler (42-1, 32 KOs) visits the backyard of Olympic gold medalist Andre Ward (20-0, 13 KOs) at Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif.

While Froch believes Kessler to be the tournament's most accomplished f!ghter "based on experience, pedigree and proven entity," the Briton added, "I'm the most dangerous, which is why all the bookies across the world have me as the favorite."

"If I get Dirrell or anybody -- not just Andre Dirrell -- if I get anybody in a position where they're down and they're hurt, I'm one of the best finishers in the business," said Froch. "That's why television is excited about showing my f!ghts -- because I always produce a grand stand finish. I'm a big puncher, and the knockouts come easy for me."

Maybe so.

But Froch trailed by four points on two of the judges cards, even as he led by the same amount on the third judges card when he knocked Taylor cold. Yet Froch seemed offended when reminded that, in fact, he was so far behind that he required had to stop Taylor to retain his crown.

"I think you need to re-watch the f!ght. I had problems in round three when I caught one on the side of the head and went down for the first time in my career, amateur or professional," said Froch.

"After that, I was comfortably out-jabbing him, out-boxing him, putting him where I wanted to. I maneuvered him and hit him with consistent, steady little shots to keep safe and overcome the two-point deficit," said Froch. "And when the time was near and when the timing was correct, in rounds 10, 11 and 12, I showed more authority and showed what I was about.

"Jermain showed a little sign of weakness, I caught him with a nice right hand through the middle in Round 10," said Froch. "He was hurt, his legs were gone, he was holding on. I did what I had to do in Round 11, I did what I had to do in Round 12. It wasn't a one-sided affair."

A former Olympic bronze medalist, Dirrell acknowledged, "[Froch] showed heart against Jermain Taylor, and he showed that he wanted it more. Period."

"[Froch] went in there and he put in his work, regardless of the scorecards. He knew what he had to do and he went in there and did it. He worked like a champ. He showed how to overcome being hurt. He showed all of his toughness. He showed 100 percent toughness," said Dirrell.

"So you have to be ready and a very careful f!ghter when it comes to f!ghting Froch because he showed all of his necessities in that f!ght," said Dirrell. "[Froch] knows how to handle himself very well. He is a great finisher, an excellent finisher and he's a very strong puncher."

Froch said Dirrell can expect the best out of him on Oct. 17.

"I train for every single f!ght like I'm challenging for a world title. It's difficult and it's hard to become a world champion," said Froch.

"I went toe-to-toe with [previously unbeaten] Jean Pascal for 12 rounds to win my title, and he's a guy who has since become [WBC] world champion at light heavyweight," said Froch. "I'm a proud, proud warrior, prepare hard, train hard, and I'll do what I need to remain the champion of the world."

That's a good thing, because Dirrell plans to foil Froch's "Cobra" by being a mongoose.

"Truth be told, he's never, ever faced a guy like Andre Dirrell, never been in there with a guy who is as fast as me, or who can switch up like me," said Dirrell, whose nickname is "The Matrix."

"I hope that he's coming to show his 'A' game because I'm going to come with mine," said Dirrell. "That's what I'm looking forward in him so there will be no excuses."

And if Dirrell has his way, there will be a new Sherriff in Nottingham.

Last edited by STILL.DETOX; 10-03-2009 at 02:45 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #17
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
click the link on the first post to vote on ho think will win
 8 years ago '06        #18
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
click the link on the first post to vote on ho think will win
thats dope, are there gonna be more for the other f!ghts?
 8 years ago '04        #19
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
 fishscale said:
thats dope, are there gonna be more for the other f!ghts?
there will be if i miss any or u want any just pm me n ill add it
 8 years ago '06        #20
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
there will be if i miss any or u want any just pm me n ill add it
alright kool :applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy