Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
101 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #101
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
thought hate given to threadstarter btw
 8 years ago '09        #102
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,183 | Props total: 24 24
 Spiffy said:
thought hate given to threadstarter btw
Although MJ is the best and you cant deny it, why would you give hate for this? Its all fact there is video, there are stories... Hes just reporting it, he didnt create the story or an opinion
 8 years ago '05        #103
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Although MJ is the best and you cant deny it, why would you give hate for this? Its all fact there is video, there are stories... Hes just reporting it, he didnt create the story or an opinion
Screw Michael Jordan isn't an opinion?
 8 years ago '09        #104
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
Screw Michael Jordan isn't an opinion?
Maybe for the topic you can but you cant hate on the stuff that he presented
 8 years ago '06        #105
kip99 
space
space
space
$604 | Props total: 2 2
 Truth B T0ld said:
Pretty much just shows you how stacked his supporting cast really was.

Id have trouble imagining a Lebron-less Cavs pushing ANY team to 7 games, let alone a championship contending team
it shows you how great pippen was and some of those guys wasn't there when mike was there they came after he retired the first time remember
 8 years ago '06        #106
kip99 
space
space
space
$604 | Props total: 2 2
 hood135 said:
big michael get accused of r*pe and pay his way nope and the big difference have you ever seen michael jordan not go hard on the basketball court i mean not put his all on the court i've seen several times when kobe didn't give his all
 07-19-2009, 11:43 PM         #107
Pimpwin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lex Lossis said:
watch dis thread get deleted by salty a.ss mods.

SCREW MICHAEL JORDAN

Yeah, I said it. The thoughts going through your heads are probably illegal to repeat, but I'm sure they are vile.

What if I told you there was a man who won:

* 2 Olympic Gold Medals – 1984, 1992
* 6-time NBA Champion
* 6-time NBA Finals MVP
* 5-time NBA MVP
* 7-time The Sporting News MVP
* 10 NBA Scoring Titles
* 14 NBA All-Star Selections
* 3-time NBA All-Star Game MVP
* 11 All-NBA Selections
* 9 All-Defensive Selections
* 2-time NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion – 1987, 1988
* NBA Rookie of the Year – 1984
* NBA Defensive Player of the Year – 1988
* ACC Freshman of the Year – 1982
* ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year – 1984
* USBWA College Player of the Year – 1984
* Naismith College Player of the Year – 1984
* John R. Wooden Award – 1984
* Adolph Rupp Trophy – 1984
* Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year – 1991
* Named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History in 1996
* Ranked #1 by SLAM Magazine's Top 50 Players of All-Time
* Ranked #1 by ESPN Sportscentury's Top 100 Athletes of the 20th century

Now what if I told you that same man:
-Slapped his teammates
-Insulted them to the most vile degree
-Took over practices as coach when told to act as a player
-Threatened teammates
-Screamed at officials so much you would swear Lou Piniella raised him
-Had his teammates emotionally and physically hurt by the abuse to the point where they didn't even want to show up.
-Kicked out of practices numerous times do to all these instances

What would you say?

Think back to when you played ball in HS, college, AAU, etc. How would you feel if the man you're supposed to be led by, abuses you to this degree? Would you approve of it?

Michael Jordan was a horrible teammate. It was clear from the get go all the way to present day that Michael only cared about himself and his legacy. He wanted the money, fame, and all the awards that could come with it.

"...Jordan was the one they feared."
- Rick Reilly (Sports Illustrated)

Fear
–noun
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

Is this something a player should feel?

It was almost like being in prison. If a player didn't pass it to Michael and he missed the shot, the consequence would rival that of an abusive parent and a kid who got a C on his homework a.ssignment.

It is understood that Michael wanted to win. He wanted the rings and the accolades, but there are ways to go about it. Many players have one multiple championships and awards. Did they go to such vile lengths to reach it?

This isn't a guy who demanded a trade. This isn't a guy who demanded his teammates be traded. This definitely isn't a guy who sucked it up and dealt with the cards given to him. This is a guy who would seemingly commit an armed robbery to get those cards.
This is a guy who dished out a tremendous amount of physical and psychological abuse.

Is this a guy you'd want to be a.ssociated with?

Yes, it's frustrating to lose. Yes, it's frustrating when you think you have the shot, but someone else shoots and misses. There are many players past and present who all have the competitive nature to feel frustrated and multiple have had very much reason to feel that way.

I know what type of replies I'll be getting. I know some will agree. I know some will say it doesn't matter because he has 6 rings. I know others will say the teammates should have "grown balls." You can speak your mind, but until you are in a physically and emotionally abusive situation you will never understand.

Is Michael the greatest? Very few think he isn't. That says a lot. I'm not telling you to stop being a fan. This isn't an anti-Jordan hate thread. This is a pro-ethics thread.

Who is currently your favorite player(s)? What if this thread was about them?

There's a difference between yelling at your teammates to step their game up and BELITTLING them making them feel worthless.

There's a difference between pushing your teammates to be the best that they can be and knocking coolers down, throwing objects, slapping teammates, being kicked out of practice.

HUGE difference.
Damn Lex, you still on BX? I haven't been on here in a minute, but you are still making threads just to have the attention eh? for everyone's info, he is the one that did this:

Anyways, you say f*** Jordan for the way he acted? n*gga was far ahead of his time, so I don't blame him for wanting to do s*** his way. As he may have done all that, I would like to see some context. I mean, he wasn't just going to go out there and slap someone, im sure he had a reason for everything he did.
 8 years ago '09        #108
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
@ dude taking thought hate seriously
 07-19-2009, 11:46 PM         #109
Pimpwin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QualityRecords said:
You must have had a different name before or something, but thats exactly what I think of every time I see the thread starter's user name
lmao, I hadnt read the thread through yet, but cosign. his name is just synonymous with stupidity and attention wh0oreness
 07-19-2009, 11:48 PM         #110
Pimpwin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spiffy said:
haha some people on here just don't know when to stop..
 8 years ago '06        #111
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,246 | Props total: 628 628
 str8_akademiks said:
Knicks came within 1 game of losing to a Jordan-less Bulls.. They didn't deserve to win.
so Lakers dont deserve this years title correct? I mean they did come within one game of losing to a Yao/Tmac less rockets. I mean s*** they didnt even have anyone over 6'8 on the roster after yao went down.
 8 years ago '07        #112
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
 m!ck3y said:
so Lakers dont deserve this years title correct? I mean they did come within one game of losing to a Yao/Tmac less rockets. I mean s*** they didnt even have anyone over 6'8 on the roster after yao went down.

Brace yourself, here come the double standards..
 8 years ago '04        #113
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,412 | Props total: 3477 3477
 m!ck3y said:
Nice try but your example sucks donkey d***..
The Lakers haven't REPEATEDLY gotten owned by the Rockets.. Matter of fact, when was the last time the Rockets beat the Lakers in a playoff series? The Bulls made the Knicks their b**** for an entire decade.
The Lakers won the title, the Knicks didn't.

Not to mention the Bulls would have won the series if Hue Hollins didn't call a bulls*** foul to save the Knicks.

The Rockets just weren't taken seriously, and that's the difference.
 07-20-2009, 10:08 AM         #114
cfalcon22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kip99 said:
big michael get accused of r*pe and pay his way nope and the big difference have you ever seen michael jordan not go hard on the basketball court i mean not put his all on the court i've seen several times when kobe didn't give his all
Well, you probably aren't old enough to remember stories of him paying his way out of situations. There are three women that have had a kid by him and are paid to shut the f*** up about it forever. Well, one of them lost her damn mind and wanted to expose him and that didn't go so well. Now, the b**** can't afford to even pay childcare fees.
Mike is one of few black men with power like white mob bosses or government officials. A lot of s*** disappears when f***ing with him.
 07-20-2009, 10:36 AM         #115
Mcmasterlock  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sounds like a kobe fan
 8 years ago '06        #116
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 ronnie said:
Blasphemy

back in the day, somewhere in the 90's, the only people I knew that hated MJ were Penny fans.
...and Knick fans. :(
 8 years ago '09        #117
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 Spiffy said:
If you talking about me I dont care about the Boxden hate, that s*** is irrelevant, im saying u cant "hate" on him for the thread
 8 years ago '09        #118
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
space
 m!ck3y said:
If the Champions dont deserve the championship, then what team does? Dont worry I'll wait for the answer (that is if he does answer)
 8 years ago '05        #119
Demboyz746 
space
space
$1,569 | Props total: 103 103
Close this thread.. MJ the best.. Those dudes werent complaining when they were winning all them championships..
 8 years ago '07        #120
That Nigga 392 heat pts392
space
space
$6,573 | Props total: 16532 16532
man...he's a f***in basketball player..dont u get it? no one give's a s*** about his personal life man..i dont care if u cant beat off to him anymore because u found out he wasnt a good person..n*gga he's the goat and this doesnt change that fact..u may judge players by their personal life..everyone else judges them by the way they play..so go beat off to something else and stop crying on here..
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy