most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #21
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 Chicano_Flow said:
Jordan was the most competitive player ever you think he reached that by being soft on himself and the ppl around him?? Listen......You want something you go and get it no matter what anyone else thinks.
You're exactly right...BUT...Why does he get a pass and Kobe doesn't? So if MJ gets praised for being a b**** to teammates and winning, why does Kobe get hate? No one can legitimately answer that question.

People speak on Jordan like he was the perfect human being but we all know that there is no such thing. He was greatest at what he did but not so great of a person. People respected him for what he did on the floor and ignored what he did off it.

MJ was considered a notorious gambler and a cheater who eventually divorced his wife. But people choose to overlook it. Kobe cheated on his wife and reconciled and is still chastised and hated for it. Why? Because people weren't ready to let Mike go. And they still aren't.

So for me, mad respect for both of them and what they've accomplished. I just know that both have went through s*** over the course of their careers...one of them quit to get away from the controversy that surrounded them and one of them was dropping 60 fresh out court hearings when his name was being drug through the mud. I'll always respect against all odds s*** like that.
 8 years ago '07        #22
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Can someone PLEASE tell me why Green Bay won that OT game and didnt have to kick the Extra point????
 07-18-2009, 09:52 PM         #23
lightysilo18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tdub-zr0 said:
*Looks at user name* Oh, I see! :disdain2:
:laughing9:
 8 years ago '05        #24
Schavez98 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,358 | Props total: 1265 1265
It is said in the clip that Cartwright pulled him to the side and handled his attitude. If the rest couldn't do it, that's their own fault. No I wouldn't want my teammate to talk to me that way. But I would have dealt with it that way.
 8 years ago '04        #25
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,833 | Props total: 1995 1995
 keithbm1111 said:
Can someone PLEASE tell me why Green Bay won that OT game and didnt have to kick the Extra point????
i forgot about that s***.
 8 years ago '06        #26
jgamel81 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 0 0
so what if he treated his teammates like s*** he got 6 rings out of it.
 8 years ago '04        #27
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 tdub-zr0 said:
The Kobe Stan-age is strong in this one. BTW, Jordan never demanded a trade from his team, then retracted his statements within 3 hrs. like your hero did. Also, Jordan never was caught on camera bad-mouthing his young teammate as evidenced by the Youtube clip u just posted.
Actually MJ did demand trades.. And he would go behind the Bulls backs to talk to the Knicks and threaten to sign with them.

It's just a lot of s*** that's been swept under the rug.
 8 years ago '04        #28
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,606 | Props total: 1774 1774
If he's guilty of anything its just that desire to win and be the best, since u listened so close u also heard he never did it intentionally, and he always apologized, which is something vile men don't do, f***in MJ hater.
 07-18-2009, 10:22 PM         #29
cfalcon22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I forgot Bill Cartwright threatened him with career threatening injuries if he disrespected him again.
 8 years ago '06        #30
kip99 
space
space
space
$604 | Props total: 2 2
 Lex Lossis said:
watch dis thread get deleted by salty a.ss mods.

SCREW MICHAEL JORDAN

Yeah, I said it. The thoughts going through your heads are probably illegal to repeat, but I'm sure they are vile.

What if I told you there was a man who won:

* 2 Olympic Gold Medals – 1984, 1992
* 6-time NBA Champion
* 6-time NBA Finals MVP
* 5-time NBA MVP
* 7-time The Sporting News MVP
* 10 NBA Scoring Titles
* 14 NBA All-Star Selections
* 3-time NBA All-Star Game MVP
* 11 All-NBA Selections
* 9 All-Defensive Selections
* 2-time NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion – 1987, 1988
* NBA Rookie of the Year – 1984
* NBA Defensive Player of the Year – 1988
* ACC Freshman of the Year – 1982
* ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year – 1984
* USBWA College Player of the Year – 1984
* Naismith College Player of the Year – 1984
* John R. Wooden Award – 1984
* Adolph Rupp Trophy – 1984
* Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year – 1991
* Named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History in 1996
* Ranked #1 by SLAM Magazine's Top 50 Players of All-Time
* Ranked #1 by ESPN Sportscentury's Top 100 Athletes of the 20th century

Now what if I told you that same man:
-Slapped his teammates
-Insulted them to the most vile degree
-Took over practices as coach when told to act as a player
-Threatened teammates
-Screamed at officials so much you would swear Lou Piniella raised him
-Had his teammates emotionally and physically hurt by the abuse to the point where they didn't even want to show up.
-Kicked out of practices numerous times do to all these instances

What would you say?

Think back to when you played ball in HS, college, AAU, etc. How would you feel if the man you're supposed to be led by, abuses you to this degree? Would you approve of it?

Michael Jordan was a horrible teammate. It was clear from the get go all the way to present day that Michael only cared about himself and his legacy. He wanted the money, fame, and all the awards that could come with it.

"...Jordan was the one they feared."
- Rick Reilly (Sports Illustrated)

Fear
–noun
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

Is this something a player should feel?

It was almost like being in prison. If a player didn't pass it to Michael and he missed the shot, the consequence would rival that of an abusive parent and a kid who got a C on his homework a.ssignment.

It is understood that Michael wanted to win. He wanted the rings and the accolades, but there are ways to go about it. Many players have one multiple championships and awards. Did they go to such vile lengths to reach it?

This isn't a guy who demanded a trade. This isn't a guy who demanded his teammates be traded. This definitely isn't a guy who sucked it up and dealt with the cards given to him. This is a guy who would seemingly commit an armed robbery to get those cards.
This is a guy who dished out a tremendous amount of physical and psychological abuse.

Is this a guy you'd want to be a.ssociated with?

Yes, it's frustrating to lose. Yes, it's frustrating when you think you have the shot, but someone else shoots and misses. There are many players past and present who all have the competitive nature to feel frustrated and multiple have had very much reason to feel that way.

I know what type of replies I'll be getting. I know some will agree. I know some will say it doesn't matter because he has 6 rings. I know others will say the teammates should have "grown balls." You can speak your mind, but until you are in a physically and emotionally abusive situation you will never understand.

Is Michael the greatest? Very few think he isn't. That says a lot. I'm not telling you to stop being a fan. This isn't an anti-Jordan hate thread. This is a pro-ethics thread.

Who is currently your favorite player(s)? What if this thread was about them?

There's a difference between yelling at your teammates to step their game up and BELITTLING them making them feel worthless.

There's a difference between pushing your teammates to be the best that they can be and knocking coolers down, throwing objects, slapping teammates, being kicked out of practice.

HUGE difference.
what if i told you a nba player r*ped a girl ran the person outta town that led him to 3 titles ran karl malone and gary payton outta town snitched on shaq on the cops. I'd rather play with m.j anyday than a rapist and a snitch close this damn thread lol
 07-18-2009, 11:00 PM         #31
cfalcon22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kip99 said:
what if i told you a nba player r*ped a girl ran the person outta town that led him to 3 titles ran karl malone and gary payton outta town snitched on shaq on the cops. I'd rather play with m.j anyday than a rapist and a snitch close this damn thread lol
By the law, once you've been proved innocent, then you're innocent. We don't know that he r*ped her, we don't know that he didn't. But, we do know that Jerry Buss said I ran Shaq outta here, we do know Shaq said that he knows Kobe didn't force him out. I think it's absurd how cats keep shooting this media created shyt out they a.sses just to k!ll Kobe's cred.

Honestly, I think the hate towards this dude Kobe is just so that people can keep him a level below Jordan. Not a huge fan of either, but I can decipher the bullshyt they create.
 07-18-2009, 11:06 PM         #32
ceo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronnie said:
Blasphemy

back in the day, somewhere in the 90's, the only people I knew that hated MJ were Penny fans.
nah even they gotta pay homage
 8 years ago '06        #33
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18801 18801
man, let that man Jordan live....
 8 years ago '06        #34
Mr.Heismen 
space
space
$3,163 | Props total: 7 7
Gentelman of BX im bringing you another Moment of my i like to call the "ARI MOMENT" so rather than posting a GIF i will post the video that will explain what the thread started lakeshow AKA lake lossis needs to do enjoy

[video - click to view]

Thank you my fellow BX members ill see u at the next "ARI GOLD MOMENT"
 8 years ago '04        #35
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
beasting on your teammates out of the passion to win > sn1tching on people on some 4 year old "he did it too" type sh1t, which one you respect more?

ask them n1ggas that won them rings if they'd give them back to play with a "nicer guy" LOL
 07-18-2009, 11:39 PM         #36
nOWisAYwHOaMi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lex Lossis said:
watch dis thread get deleted by salty a.ss mods.

SCREW MICHAEL JORDAN

Yeah, I said it. The thoughts going through your heads are probably illegal to repeat, but I'm sure they are vile.

What if I told you there was a man who won:

* 2 Olympic Gold Medals – 1984, 1992
* 6-time NBA Champion
* 6-time NBA Finals MVP
* 5-time NBA MVP
* 7-time The Sporting News MVP
* 10 NBA Scoring Titles
* 14 NBA All-Star Selections
* 3-time NBA All-Star Game MVP
* 11 All-NBA Selections
* 9 All-Defensive Selections
* 2-time NBA Slam Dunk Contest Champion – 1987, 1988
* NBA Rookie of the Year – 1984
* NBA Defensive Player of the Year – 1988
* ACC Freshman of the Year – 1982
* ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year – 1984
* USBWA College Player of the Year – 1984
* Naismith College Player of the Year – 1984
* John R. Wooden Award – 1984
* Adolph Rupp Trophy – 1984
* Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year – 1991
* Named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History in 1996
* Ranked #1 by SLAM Magazine's Top 50 Players of All-Time
* Ranked #1 by ESPN Sportscentury's Top 100 Athletes of the 20th century

Now what if I told you that same man:
-Slapped his teammates
-Insulted them to the most vile degree
-Took over practices as coach when told to act as a player
-Threatened teammates
-Screamed at officials so much you would swear Lou Piniella raised him
-Had his teammates emotionally and physically hurt by the abuse to the point where they didn't even want to show up.
-Kicked out of practices numerous times do to all these instances

What would you say?

Think back to when you played ball in HS, college, AAU, etc. How would you feel if the man you're supposed to be led by, abuses you to this degree? Would you approve of it?

Michael Jordan was a horrible teammate. It was clear from the get go all the way to present day that Michael only cared about himself and his legacy. He wanted the money, fame, and all the awards that could come with it.

"...Jordan was the one they feared."
- Rick Reilly (Sports Illustrated)

Fear
–noun
1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

Is this something a player should feel?

It was almost like being in prison. If a player didn't pass it to Michael and he missed the shot, the consequence would rival that of an abusive parent and a kid who got a C on his homework a.ssignment.

It is understood that Michael wanted to win. He wanted the rings and the accolades, but there are ways to go about it. Many players have one multiple championships and awards. Did they go to such vile lengths to reach it?

This isn't a guy who demanded a trade. This isn't a guy who demanded his teammates be traded. This definitely isn't a guy who sucked it up and dealt with the cards given to him. This is a guy who would seemingly commit an armed robbery to get those cards.
This is a guy who dished out a tremendous amount of physical and psychological abuse.

Is this a guy you'd want to be a.ssociated with?

Yes, it's frustrating to lose. Yes, it's frustrating when you think you have the shot, but someone else shoots and misses. There are many players past and present who all have the competitive nature to feel frustrated and multiple have had very much reason to feel that way.

I know what type of replies I'll be getting. I know some will agree. I know some will say it doesn't matter because he has 6 rings. I know others will say the teammates should have "grown balls." You can speak your mind, but until you are in a physically and emotionally abusive situation you will never understand.

Is Michael the greatest? Very few think he isn't. That says a lot. I'm not telling you to stop being a fan. This isn't an anti-Jordan hate thread. This is a pro-ethics thread.

Who is currently your favorite player(s)? What if this thread was about them?

There's a difference between yelling at your teammates to step their game up and BELITTLING them making them feel worthless.

There's a difference between pushing your teammates to be the best that they can be and knocking coolers down, throwing objects, slapping teammates, being kicked out of practice.

HUGE difference.
why isn't this guy a coach?
 8 years ago '07        #37
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,461 | Props total: 14899 14899
all bulls*** aside theres legendary stories of jordan

he even admitted on sportcentury he stole on steve kerr in practice

but who did he pass the ball to in the finals that year tho kerr

all the s*** him and pippen went through

who held michael after the flu game pippen

people talk about krause

who brought in phil who trade for pippen who traded oakley who was mikes bodyguard for cartwright krause

jordan had nothing but yea men around him

thats why doug collins be like i just mike do whatever he wanted to do

go on youtube and listen to phil pass the ball michael your not the only one on the floor michael

dat s*** with kobe and mike funny

kobe wouldnt even eat in the cafeteria when shaq was there

kobe paid the girl who accused him of raping her

if you didnt do it why pay

then he buys vanessa a 3 million dollar ring a lambo it was stick she didnt like it so he had it done so it would be automatic

i rather play with someone who brings the best out of me than anything
 07-19-2009, 12:08 AM         #38
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 timdog said:
then he buys vanessa a 3 million dollar ring a lambo it was stick she didnt like it so he had it done so it would be automatic
 8 years ago '05        #39
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,968 | Props total: 3229 3229
The problem with the people on this forum whether it be in the hiphopspot or the sportscenter is that they care way too much about the personal lives of celebrities. Jordan is my favorite player because of how he PLAYED the game of basketball. I acknowledge that there's a good chance outside of the basketball court that he's a complete a******. We watched him play basketball for a couple hours on television numerous nights during the 90's...but we don't know this dude's life. I never met him in person, who am I to say what type of person he is?

It's the same thing with rap stars and other sports athletes. We spend WAY too much time trying to analyze these guys lives. Sports shows like ATH and PTI(Though I still watch them) try to dissect every part of these athlete's lives, yet forget that they should be focusing on how these guys perform on the basketball court..forget all the extra bulls***.

So basically what I'm saying is..Jordan is the best basketball player I've ever seen. Was this guy an a******? Quite possibly, and he may still be...I personally could give a f*** about his personal life. I love sports, but I don't know Michael Jordan and I'm not gonna front on these forums like I do just because some people have quotes from him. When you're at the top, everybody tries to take you down, so I take all of that s*** at face value, and do myself a favor and don't judge players that I don't really know.
 8 years ago '08        #40
MrFourteen5 
space
space
$3,650 | Props total: 6059 6059
:bsflag: :hater:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy