Jul 17 - Obama has tough-love message for African-Americans (Reuters)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #121
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
 azn757 said:
there are some racist a.ss people on here...obamas main point is that ALL KIDS NOT JUST BLACK KIDS need to realize that theres more to life than ridin around smoking weed and listening to gucci mane....the main problem is TODAYS YOUTH IS WACK...AND GETTING WACKER AND WACKER...its sad. even the music and t.v shows and all the stuff that is geared towards this generation is getting worse and worse. when 9 year olds have cell phones and facebooks and myspaces and crap like that...cats nowadays even dress wack.

you can't really blame anyone but the kids themselves...everybody makes their own choices and if they aren't smart enough to realize that those choices either have benefits or consequences then thats their fault.
It's sad when 20 and 30 year olds have facebooks and myspaces and crap like that.
 8 years ago '07        #122
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6134 6134
I'm laughing hard at these fools on here sitting here saying "look what music our people brought to the world". stop claiming s*** you yourself didn't create.

And don't think I'm not recognizing how black folks were during civil rights. Thurgood marshall is one of the main reasons why I want to practice law. I'm talking about the majority of you modern black-americans who I just do not understand. I'm sure MLK and all those other civil rights leaders are rolling over in their graves at whats becoming of the majority. Sad how quickly it went from a pro-active group of people to this....

living beyond their means, trying to keep up with the Jones', saying they can't go anywhere because white people are holding them down, never wanting to accept responsibility for their actions and if they do they say "f*** it I don't know if Imma see tomorrow so imma live everyday like it's my last"

You people do not have it as hard as how those before/during segregation had it or how those in 3rd world countries have it. Those people were constantly told that they were good for nothing negroes who will never amount to anything in life and they also had more limited resources to advance in life. Hell, I've been made to feel the same.

so why is this generation full of excuses?
 8 years ago '05        #123
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
 GoldynChyld421 said:
I won't teach my kids that failure is realistic... The mentality you have is, most people don't make it, so I'm not likely to make it...
failure is realistic...ppl fail at s*** all the time...it's not the end all be all...but it's def real....hence why u can try again or have a back up...
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #124
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,456 | Props total: 2648 2648
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
I'm laughing hard at these fools on here sitting here saying "look what music our people brought to the world". stop claiming s*** you yourself didn't create.

And don't think I'm not recognizing how black folks were during civil rights. Thurgood marshall is one of the main reasons why I want to practice law. I'm talking about the majority of you modern black-americans who I just do not understand. I'm sure MLK and all those other civil rights leaders are rolling over in their graves at whats becoming of the majority. Sad how quickly it went from a pro-active group of people to this....

living beyond their means, trying to keep up with the Jones', saying they can't go anywhere because white people are holding them down, never wanting to accept responsibility for their actions and if they do they say "f*** it I don't know if Imma see tomorrow so imma live everyday like it's my last"

You people do not have it as hard as how those before/during segregation had it or how those in 3rd world countries have it. Those people were constantly told that they were good for nothing negroes who will never amount to anything in life and they also had more limited resources to advance in life. Hell, I've been made to feel the same.

so why is this generation full of excuses?
How are u going to tell us to stop claiming stuff other black people done but you generalize us saying us black people are a bunch of whiners and good for nothings... make up your mind
 8 years ago '05        #125
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
typical black-american. was wondering when one of you was going to say this.
u sound like a chi chi mon
 8 years ago '07        #126
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
^ Damn you just straight shut it down
 8 years ago '04        #127
nwking 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,102 | Props total: 1275 1275
 20to30 said:
no ones gonna call obama racist?

oh thats right,cuz hes telling the truth,but hes black

well at least now one of your own called you all out on your s***,im just interested to see if it really makes a difference
Woooow. Surprised that the blatant racism in this comment was overlooked...
 8 years ago '05        #128
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
a lot of people spend too much time running away from their problems, putting it on the side and then do the same s*** with new problems that will occur..when it gets too f***ed up they just accept it and make excuses on why its not that serious when it really is...one of the hardest things for a person to do is be true to themselves..for some its harder than others to make it based on their situation and environment but many people just choose what seems to be an easier way out

with time and effort things can work

Last edited by PhrozenMenace; 07-22-2009 at 05:12 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #129
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,366 | Props total: 4638 4638
It's hard to even allow myself to engage in a conversation about "race" when the majority of the posts I see use blatant generalizations as a basis for their argument. It shows me already "where you're at, mentally".

And so, if you're that closed minded, I can't possibly expect you to even challenge the way you think or try and dig further. So, I expect those types of people to make blanket statements like, "Black people are just lazy, they need to step their game up" etc.

What's interesting is I've seen no one bring up the role economics, politics, history, sociology, psychology, etc. has had in this "African-American problem". I guess you and Obama really think it's as simple as "black people need to just stop watching rap videos and start reading more". With that type of thinking coupled with you idiots who generalize, we probably won't get to where we would like and then we are all still contributing to these stereotypes that should be dying off yet we keep perpetuating them.

Damn, and you guys are supposed to be the future...
 8 years ago '04        #130
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
 DominicanLou said:
It's hard to even allow myself to engage in a conversation about "race" when the majority of the posts I see use blatant generalizations as a basis for their argument. It shows me already "where you're at, mentally".

And so, if you're that closed minded, I can't possibly expect you to even challenge the way you think or try and dig further. So, I expect those types of people to make blanket statements like, "Black people are just lazy, they need to step their game up" etc.

What's interesting is I've seen no one bring up the role economics, politics, history, sociology, psychology, etc. has had in this "African-American problem". I guess you and Obama really think it's as simple as "black people need to just stop watching rap videos and start reading more". With that type of thinking coupled with you idiots who generalize, we probably won't get to where we would like and then we are all still contributing to these stereotypes that should be dying off yet we keep perpetuating them.

:agreement6:
 07-22-2009, 06:06 PM         #131
gou510  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DatKidDex said:
It's just hard if u've never lived in a big city with a big blk population or lived in the hood u just wouldnt understand its not like u can just stop doing sumthing you've been brought up on yaself its like ppl get comfortable with their standards of living or they arent n they rob steal etc...these lil kids duck bullets everyday its a hard reality to understand and get out of dont speak out of ignorance...but hey this is Bx
This is a 100% real n*gga

Nothing to learn from your African American president.

Just go back to perpetuating stereotypes. Go smoke some weed and have unprotected s3x.

You f***ing peon
 8 years ago '08        #132
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
Wow this thread just prove Obama right...

Instead of bringing negative to ourselves, we should be encouraging the ones that do needs help, instead of digging them into a deeper hole.

If everybody has a positive attitude towards on another, then this thread wouldn't even exist. No matter if you black, white, yellow, green, we all came from our mothers. We all humans, we all from the same planet, no one is different.

I could easily insult, black americans and say they are ignorant and no good, but why put somebody down when I can make a difference in their life. Turning somebody's life around is the true reward of being human... There is too many chiefs not enough indians in this planet.

Get mad....

Last edited by knAwle3ge; 07-23-2009 at 06:18 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #133
Top Ramen 
space
space
$1,810 | Props total: 2 2
This thread turned into a black on black text war.
 8 years ago '06        #134
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,456 | Props total: 2648 2648
 DominicanLou said:

i did though...
 07-26-2009, 02:17 PM         #135
DHARMA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Top Ramen said:
This thread turned into a black on black text war.
Wasn't that Obama's point?
 8 years ago '05        #136
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
somebody always trying to make something out of nothing. what he said is true so shut the fu*k up and do your part.
 07-26-2009, 03:41 PM         #137
non-fiction  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obama = Bi racial Man

Whats 1 black + 1 white create = 1/2 black 1/2 white

Whats 1/2 of a pencil + 1/2 eraser= Half Pencil/Half Eraser

Whats 1/2 + 1/2 = on Wednesday? 1 or 2 1/2 or .5

Whats 1/2 + 1/2 = on Sunday? 1 or 2 1/2 or .5

Whats 1/2 + 1/2 = 24/7/366 untill 2012? 1 or 2 1/2 or .5

Why is Obama called Black when he's Bi-racial?
I thought 1/2 + 1/2 = a Whole Something? not 1/2 + 1/2 = the "black" 1/2

Would the white race call their own blood another race cuz its 1/2 something that race? apparently?

Would the black race call their own blood another race cuz its 1/2 something else ? apparently not?

1st Black President??

Is it harder to spot the avg. Bi -racial person in a group of whites or blacks?

If Wesley Snipes had the same creditials as Obama would he be president? and would that make him the 2nd Black president?

You be the judge!!!

(btw thats Math ^^ non-fiction sh*t)

/thread.

*lol DEAD* @ the f'ucking (Don't bypass the word censor - or school/work will block BX members) *DEAD*
 07-26-2009, 04:24 PM         #138
iamcrackmusik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread is a good demonstration of why most African-Americans don't ascend in life

people wanna f!ght instead of workin on improving themselves

out of all the Africans and those of African descent in the world in the world...we're born in the best conditions...are they always good conditions.....fu*k no but we can go far with the mobility that living in America allows

ya'll supposed 2 be the future and still f!ghtin like house and field "n*ggas"

get the fu*k outta here
 8 years ago '07        #139
nwadei 34 heat pts34
space
space
$4,394 | Props total: 1 1
I did not expect this thread to explode the way it did. I guess not everyone can handle the truth
 08-02-2009, 10:47 PM         #140
khmerraps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
what f**king parent told their kid to be a rapper???!
lil wayne's mom told him to have a child at 16.

but he's a retard anyway and he can't rap anymore. too bad the rest of the world thinks he's awesome. but no ... he's a retard and full of himself. he tries to sound deep by speaking slower and out of rhythm but we all know he just says s**t to rhyme and hopes it makes sense.

anyways ... a lot of people didn't respond with that dumb hate s**t right away like they usually do because most of the people on this god forsaken forum all aspire to be ballers or rappers. am i wrong? nope. if it wasn't for the pr0n section, i'd never come back here. ufos too.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy