Jul 17 - Obama has tough-love message for African-Americans (Reuters)

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-20-2009, 01:49 PM         #61
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
No s*** Jamaica is crime infested. Didn't I just say it was a 3rd world country? Wow reading comprehension is a b****.

Who the f*** said I'm trying to hang with you people? I wouldn't waste my time.

And what culture do you people have? Hip-Hop? LMAO

do you know the origin of rap music started in Kingston. The genre is called ska and the technique is called Toasting.

Sit your a.ss down.
n*gga please, but ur on a hiphop site filled with American blacks. black culture is way bigger then hip hop and u know that also. I can tell ur one of them ugly jealous dudes that got picked on in America. f*** outta here mr I’m better then the other Negros. there’s young blacks in America that live in the same level of poverty that Jamaicans live in, that come from broken homes without parental guidance. if these kids never get the tools they need to become successful, its there fault right ? because they come from a country with a higher standard of living? u shouldn’t judge others because u got one of the greatest blessings in the world, which is a supportive household. You got a better start in life then a lot of these kids could ever dream of. My dad tell me all the time how lucky I’ am because of my upbringing. He came from a broken home and never got any support, ended up on the wrong track in life. He learned the hard way and was able to teach me because of his mistakes. Its easy to judge others when ur having success, but you need to take a step back and put yourself in someone else’s shoes. Stop comparing you’re life to other people, because you got more advantages then most people. I cant wait til somebody treat u like a n1gger so u see how much of a standout u really are from the rest“us“.
 8 years ago '07        #62
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6127 6127
 DrX said:
n*gga please, but ur on a hiphop site filled with American blacks. black culture is way bigger then hip hop and u know that also. I can tell ur one of them ugly jealous dudes that got picked on in America. f*** outta here mr I’m better then the other Negros. there’s young blacks in America that live in the same level of poverty that Jamaicans live in, that come from broken homes without parental guidance. if these kids never get the tools they need to become successful, its there fault right ? because they come from a country with a higher standard of living? u shouldn’t judge others because u got one of the greatest blessings in the world, which is a supportive household. You got a better start in life then a lot of these kids could ever dream of. My dad tell me all the time how lucky I’ am because of my upbringing. He came from a broken home and never got any support, ended up on the wrong track in life. He learned the hard way and was able to teach me because of his mistakes. Its easy to judge others when ur having success, but you need to take a step back and put yourself in someone else’s shoes. Stop comparing you’re life to other people, because you got more advantages then most people. I cant wait til somebody treat u like a n1gger so u see how much of a standout u really are from the rest“us“.
NO

People in Jamaica live in deeper poverty than people in america. people in america have multiple opportunities unlike people in Jamaica. You people are just lazy and don't care to advance your lives.

And don't sit here and act like you know me. My life has a been a struggle and I succeeded.

People in this country are full of excuses and never take responsibility for their own actions and that is why people from 3rd countries immigrant to the U.S. and end up succeeding over the people who've been for the longest. People are f***ing worthless.

And don't pull that "he's never been treated like a niqqer before" s*** with me.

If you don't know how to stand up on your own 2 feet then that sucks for you.

Glad I wasn't raised to be a submissive defeatist p****.

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 07-20-2009 at 03:28 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #63
BlaznHizzle|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$14,408 | Props total: 24 24
 GrownmanJ said:
No one wants to reply because most of what he said is somewhat true.
somewhat or mostly?
 07-20-2009, 03:47 PM         #64
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
NO

People in Jamaica live in deeper poverty than people in america. people in america have multiple opportunities unlike people in Jamaica. You people are just lazy and don't care to advance your lives.

And don't sit here and act like you know me. My life has a been a struggle and I succeeded.

People in this country are full of excuses and never take responsibility for their own actions and that is why people from 3rd countries immigrant to the U.S. and end up succeeding over the people who've been for the longest. People are f***ing worthless.

And don't pull that "he's never been treated like a niqqer before" s*** with me.

If you don't know how to stand up on your own 2 feet then that sucks for you.

Glad I wasn't raised to be a submissive defeatist p****.
u didnt get none of what i said. i dont know why i even wasted my time, usually i dont. think what you want to think fool, but if u dont f*** with black americans dont be a coward about it. carry that same attitude in public. dont be a closet hater, treat all blacks with the disrespect we deserve (according to u)to our face. i hate when hateful people hide their hate behide the computer

Last edited by DrX; 07-20-2009 at 03:49 PM..
 07-20-2009, 03:55 PM         #65
PaineBishop  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The man is right in saying what he said. Of course, there will be vast amounts of black folks who are going to be on some other s*** seeing as how anyone that tells us the truth to our faces is labled a hater. Point blank period, we as black people need to wake the f*** up and take responsibility for ourselves and stop with the bulls*** that we bring on ourselves. I'm not an Obama supporter but the dude has a point. It's just up to us to wake the f*** up
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by PaineBishop; 07-20-2009 at 04:01 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #66
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,093 | Props total: 4228 4228
true....i''m not a parent though...and its already difficult to motivate a child to strive for their education.....but to define their goals and road to life is another....... as much as i want our children to become scientist and (i wouldn't say teachers because i see of black people becoming teachers) or whatever...its up to them....we should put more black scientist and doctors in the view of our youth

a son of a lawyer would have a high chance of wanting to become one.....but a son of a coward who left their child in the hood to survive might give a fukk less about the judicial system.....its all in motivation and we really don't have that many motivators other than wayne and lebron in the limelight sadly
 8 years ago '06        #67
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,045 | Props total: 18807 18807
I don't like the way he so un-eloquently made that statement.....it only will further negative stereotypes about black people.....

and since when does someone who was raised by white folks and was the son of an African, emphasis on African, get to be an expert on AFrican-Americans?

I think Obama should take a step back and see why it is that black folks are gravitating to those type of aspirations rather than attack them for it.....
 8 years ago '06        #68
d-mac24 
space
space
space
$211 | Props total: 0 0
I agree with Mr. President. We need more educated black people.
 8 years ago '08        #69
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 RAZAH CUTS said:
I don't like the way he so un-eloquently made that statement.....it only will further negative stereotypes about black people.....

and since when does someone who was raised by white folks and was the son of an African, emphasis on African, get to be an expert on AFrican-Americans?

I think Obama should take a step back and see why it is that black folks are gravitating to those type of aspirations rather than attack them for it.....
True....and peep how the white kids on this board loved this so called "tough-love"message...with responses like "now one of your own called you all out on your s***,im just interested to see if it really makes a difference"

if thats not blatant racism then......

Last edited by supervillain; 07-20-2009 at 04:49 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #70
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
approve that... dont stop having dreams, just makesure plan b is perfectly thought thru lol
 8 years ago '04        #71
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
 AlexG1989 said:
Damn f***ing straight... everybopdy wants to call Bill Cosby a self hater but everything he said was true... Obama basically said the same s***, in a better way of course....
Bill Cosby's s*** was riddled with General Stereotypes that most of the people who actually listened to it, got offended by... The people he was trying to "reach" probably didn't even hear the s*** he was saying, because why would they be listening to a Bill Cosby speech?

And didn't he deliver those speeches at COLLEGES? , talk about preaching to the choir...
 8 years ago '04        #72
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
And I don't think striving to be the next "Lebron James" or "Lil Wayne" is necessarily "limiting" yourself... What's wrong with being very successful at something you love to do? I think parents need to focus on feeding their kids a successful mindset, no matter what it is they want to do.. Do what you love, and be great at it... That's the lesson we need to teach...
 07-20-2009, 06:03 PM         #73
Danja2Society  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrownmanJ said:
No one wants to reply because most of what he said is somewhat true.
Cosign. Black people better wake the f*** up!!!
 8 years ago '04        #74
Bodega 
space
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
This sh!t is the pure truth, its the parents fault, if two is not there so what. Then it's the mothers fault. I'm so tired of some youth that are out there with no hopes or aspiration to do anything and they peoples just write them off as a lost cause. Or even when children do get in trouble its not their last stop, help them to change their mind sets. I am so glad he has said this as a black man no matter what he is mixed with he's still black to society and he has every right to say this. He is an inspirational figure to many people. Even though we as black people are making strides sending our kids of to college and developing a new generation not too many are fortunate to change. So all you emotional mofo's wake up! And learn the truth.

I just graduated from college and i strive to my younger brother to be better than me, college or no college make sure you do something with your life that is positive and resourceful in addition make it happen and i will be there to make that come true. If you have kids, siblings , fam period, let them kno that. Our fams are kind of messed up too. But no excuses.

Thanks obama, people needed to hear this. Now we need those programs back that regan ended to help our communities get back on their feet.
 8 years ago '04        #75
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
^^The problem is, people who weren't raised properly are raising kids of their own... It's a cylce...
 8 years ago '04        #76
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,903 | Props total: 833 833
 Reggie Xtreme said:
He speaks the truth. Bill Cosby spoke the truth. I have always agreed with it.
And I agree with you! Go Obama!!! :agreement6:
 8 years ago '07        #77
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6127 6127
 DrX said:
u didnt get none of what i said. i dont know why i even wasted my time, usually i dont. think what you want to think fool, but if u dont f*** with black americans dont be a coward about it. carry that same attitude in public. dont be a closet hater, treat all blacks with the disrespect we deserve (according to u)to our face. i hate when hateful people hide their hate behide the computer
LMAO

What makes you think I don't say this s*** in public? Because I'm typing it on boxden? I'm supposed to be scared of black-americans or something?

All that is coming out of your stupid posts are a.ssumptions. Nothing more nothing less. It's quite sad.

You seriously need to sit the f*** down and shut the f*** up.
 8 years ago '04        #78
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,075 | Props total: 4421 4421
 RAZAH CUTS said:

here we go with this nonsense again. last i checked that mans skin was black he didnt get any type of pass because his mom was white if anything he got more of the brunt seeing how hios mother was treated as opposed to just himself

people want to act like demanding self responsibility is some crime and if a blaack man suggests it hes somehow delusional or hates himself
 8 years ago '04        #79
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,075 | Props total: 4421 4421
 GoldynChyld421 said:
And I don't think striving to be the next "Lebron James" or "Lil Wayne" is necessarily "limiting" yourself... What's wrong with being very successful at something you love to do? I think parents need to focus on feeding their kids a successful mindset, no matter what it is they want to do.. Do what you love, and be great at it... That's the lesson we need to teach...
your missing the point he was saying if your goal IS TO JUST BE AN ATHLETE OR A RAPPER YOU ALREADY FAILED
 8 years ago '06        #80
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 PabloDiablo said:
didnt cosby get hated on for sayin almost the same s***?
no one wants to hear the truth.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
24 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
133 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy