Jul 17 - Obama has tough-love message for African-Americans (Reuters)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
44gunnzupnukka 5 heat pts
space
space
$967 | Props total: 177 177
obama can go 2 hell for that statement....its not only black kids that wanna be rappers or athletes...its seems like that bcuz hiphop is majority black and thats all that gets the light. just like most major sports. his comment has some truth to it but its bias as f***...i know a lotta white dudes that come from hard backgrounds and bulls***...drop outs...have 3 and 4 kids...and try to make ends meet. Its not just blacks.

most whites are like what are you blacks saying now? like wtf we supposed to say? he called the african american community out we all can admit but for what? we can easy say the same about lilttle white kids grwoing up to be actress and singers...like whats teh diff...between me wanting to be an athlete/rapper and a white kid wanting to be an actress/model or somes***?

somebody tell obama to take some of them "words of wisdom" and spew it towards the disney channel...or betta yet ...them pagent mothers..please...
 8 years ago '08        #42
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
i feel that
 07-20-2009, 01:20 AM         #43
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
I'm tired of people like you making excuses.

my parents came from a 3rd world country (Jamaica)
moved to america (f***in brooklyn NY)
went to school here and even in my first 10 years of life I didn't live in the best of places

and my parents went to school to better themselves and so did me and my sister and now I just graduated college 2 months ago and my sister is med student who just got her white coat.

no excuses. you black-americans are just a bunch of unmotivated people who blame your surroundings for how p!ss poor your lives are. cut the s*** about calling folks ignorant who don't understand your laughable situation.
stfu...u do know jamaica has one of highest crime rates in the world right? yall been in the top 3 since like forever. stop taking part of our culture and trying to hang with us if thats how u feel.
 07-20-2009, 04:52 AM         #44
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carltouss619 said:
United Kingdom

United States of America
 07-20-2009, 08:32 AM         #45
macadon83  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DatKidDex said:
It's just hard if u've never lived in a big city with a big blk population or lived in the hood u just wouldnt understand its not like u can just stop doing sumthing you've been brought up on yaself its like ppl get comfortable with their standards of living or they arent n they rob steal etc...these lil kids duck bullets everyday its a hard reality to understand and get out of dont speak out of ignorance...but hey this is Bx
Very true s***. Obama and Cosby have always been right tho. We need to take more responsibility for our people. Parents and aunts and Uncles need to make some sacrifices for these kids. That's the reason i was always in school instead of the streets. Not everyone has that though, cuz a lot of Uncles and aunts are in jail, f***ed up on drugs or alcohol, or just in a horrible position where it's hard for them to help anyone.

But things will get better. Just very slowly.
 8 years ago '06        #46
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,456 | Props total: 2648 2648
 DatKidDex said:
It's just hard if u've never lived in a big city with a big blk population or lived in the hood u just wouldnt understand its not like u can just stop doing sumthing you've been brought up on yaself its like ppl get comfortable with their standards of living or they arent n they rob steal etc...these lil kids duck bullets everyday its a hard reality to understand and get out of dont speak out of ignorance...but hey this is Bx
Most people saying this is an excuse, which is true, but one thing is they dont understand cause the never been in that predicament. Most kids are raised with there families telling them they can do this, they can do that, their teachers are supportive and if the teachers arnt, then there are other people in the community to help them. Most low income kids (not all but most) has 1 parent who is working multiple jobs to support how many kids they have. So they are never home cause they have to work to keep their homes. There are real no support organizations because everyone else is trying to support themselves and others. So the only adult figure they really see that has a good life is the rappers, ball players and drug dealers because they see their fam working non stop to give them the lil they have and they dont want that. So they look up to the drug dealer because while their parents are at work they are on the block and the drug dealer seems like the only one to really care about them when in reality they finna use them to get them some more money. The kids sees it as a quick way out of the hood because schools in the hood doesnt look anything close to promising. Broken windows a/c n heat, teachers dont give a f***, same text books from when your parents was in school, metal detectors. Kids see the quick way and not the wider picture. Also when you try to do good, their is always someone there to hold you back, imagine if that was your whole community.
 8 years ago '08        #47
DooM 66 heat pts66
space
space
$28,004 | Props total: 19909 19909
 44gunnzupnukka said:
obama can go 2 hell for that statement....its not only black kids that wanna be rappers or athletes...its seems like that bcuz hiphop is majority black and thats all that gets the light. just like most major sports. his comment has some truth to it but its bias as f***...i know a lotta white dudes that come from hard backgrounds and bulls***...drop outs...have 3 and 4 kids...and try to make ends meet. Its not just blacks.

most whites are like what are you blacks saying now? like wtf we supposed to say? he called the african american community out we all can admit but for what? we can easy say the same about lilttle white kids grwoing up to be actress and singers...like whats teh diff...between me wanting to be an athlete/rapper and a white kid wanting to be an actress/model or somes***?

somebody tell obama to take some of them "words of wisdom" and spew it towards the disney channel...or betta yet ...them pagent mothers..please...
The black community does get the light when it comes to the negative aspects, its true that some whites do the same s*** but no ones worrying about them.. as a race black people should flip the script as a whole.. lesser drop out rates, less arrest, less violence, THEN the media wont be able to say s***
 8 years ago '04        #48
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
 PabloDiablo said:
didnt cosby get hated on for sayin almost the same s***?
It's not what is said, but how a person says it that ultimately relays the message. Bill Cosby said it with a hateful undertone.
 8 years ago '04        #49
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 datVAkid said:
Most people saying this is an excuse, which is true, but one thing is they dont understand cause the never been in that predicament. Most kids are raised with there families telling them they can do this, they can do that, their teachers are supportive and if the teachers arnt, then there are other people in the community to help them. Most low income kids (not all but most) has 1 parent who is working multiple jobs to support how many kids they have. So they are never home cause they have to work to keep their homes. There are real no support organizations because everyone else is trying to support themselves and others. So the only adult figure they really see that has a good life is the rappers, ball players and drug dealers because they see their fam working non stop to give them the lil they have and they dont want that. So they look up to the drug dealer because while their parents are at work they are on the block and the drug dealer seems like the only one to really care about them when in reality they finna use them to get them some more money. The kids sees it as a quick way out of the hood because schools in the hood doesnt look anything close to promising. Broken windows a/c n heat, teachers dont give a f***, same text books from when your parents was in school, metal detectors. Kids see the quick way and not the wider picture. Also when you try to do good, their is always someone there to hold you back, imagine if that was your whole community.
^^Props .This is life in the hood.
 8 years ago '04        #50
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
I'm tired of people like you making excuses.

my parents came from a 3rd world country (Jamaica)
moved to america (f***in brooklyn NY)
went to school here and even in my first 10 years of life I didn't live in the best of places

and my parents went to school to better themselves and so did me and my sister and now I just graduated college 2 months ago and my sister is med student who just got her white coat.

no excuses. you black-americans are just a bunch of unmotivated people who blame your surroundings for how p!ss poor your lives are. cut the s*** about calling folks ignorant who don't understand your laughable situation.
Instead of acting like African-Americans are the only group to have social issues, why don’t you stay focused on Jamaicans who live in one of the poorest and crime infested countries on earth. I'm sure some of them can do better.

On another note, yes all of what Obama said is positive, but why keep repeating the old? Why doesn’t Obama attack the industries that promote negativity themselves? Why doesn’t he go after the white man sitting in the corporate office that owns the business that’s centerpiece behind some of the social issues we face? We need to focus on promoting corporate responsibility and identify all the links of the chain….not just the product…
 07-20-2009, 10:37 AM         #51
snoopaliciouS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All them kids in Soulja Boy videos, I was like, damn those kids are going to be the next Soulja Boy, but it's like he's stereotyping though lmao
 8 years ago '07        #52
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 791 791
 8 years ago '07        #53
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6134 6134
 Peterparker said:
n*gga u come from f***ing Jamaica where tha murder rate is SKY HIGH..education is p!ss poor.. its a f***ing murder every 6 hours on a tiny island..

tha f*** is yall excuse???

and btw I have lawyers n doctors n my family and I've graduated college..and I didn't come from a f***ing drug infested island that alot of the immigrants who come here spike up the drug problem in america

now see i'm just being vague n ignant such as yaself

and I would hope that if u move to another country to better yourself that u actually would BETTER URSELF..many immigrants do that..it's African americans moving to Africa doing business there as we speak..making a k!lling..
my parents came from Jamaica you dumbass. I was born in brooklyn

The reason why Jamaica is in shambles is because ITS A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY

3rd world countries don't have the means for development like America.

And Caribbean immigrants don't spike up the crime in america. you stupid a.ss black americans are ignorant, lazy, and stupid. You spend majority of your time k!lling and robbing from each other or living beyond your means instead of actually improving your lives.

Thats why broke a.ss immigrants like my parents came come to American and s*** all over your people.

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 07-20-2009 at 11:03 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #54
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6134 6134
 DrX said:
stfu...u do know jamaica has one of highest crime rates in the world right? yall been in the top 3 since like forever. stop taking part of our culture and trying to hang with us if thats how u feel.
No s*** Jamaica is crime infested. Didn't I just say it was a 3rd world country? Wow reading comprehension is a b****.

Who the f*** said I'm trying to hang with you people? I wouldn't waste my time.

And what culture do you people have? Hip-Hop? LMAO

do you know the origin of rap music started in Kingston. The genre is called ska and the technique is called Toasting.

Sit your a.ss down.

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 07-20-2009 at 11:10 AM..
 8 years ago '09        #55
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
skatalites>>>
 8 years ago '04        #56
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
the boondocks said it best

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '07        #57
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 jataylorlfc said:
United States of America
exactly my point.
 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM         #58
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carltouss619 said:
exactly my point.
how? explain.........
 8 years ago '07        #59
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
do you know the origin of rap music started in Kingston. The genre is called ska and the technique is called Toasting.
hmmm I'm going to look into that. Never knew that
 8 years ago '05        #60
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
nothin wrong with what he said
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy