Jul 16 - NASA releases clearest videos yet of 1969 moonwalk

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
14279 pageviews
65 comments

RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18792 18792
Jul 16 - NASA releases clearest videos yet of 1969 moonwalk

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- NASA released newly restored videos Thursday of two U.S. astronauts taking the world's first steps on the moon.

The images were released just four days before the 40th anniversary of the historic event that captivated the world on July 20, 1969.

Astronaut Neil Armstrong, now 78, was the first to venture onto the moon's surface after the lunar module Eagle landed on the so-called Sea of Tranquility. Following him was Buzz Aldrin, now 79.

The videos are far superior to the initial dark, fuzzy images people watched on their television sets at the time, although they are far from crisp.

A NASA official has said that the original tapes of images sent back to Earth by Apollo 11 have been lost, and the camera that shot them was left on the moon.

Given that, NASA opted to look at all versions of the tapes that had been broadcast and enhance those images. NASA hired a digital restoration firm to make the improvements.

The images on the NASA Web site include a two-minute video montage with highlights of the moonwalk and separate videos of Armstrong and Aldrin descending a ladder to the moon's dusty surface, each of which compares existing footage with partially restored videos.

Another comparison video shows Armstrong reading a commemorative plaque on the lunar module, which says in part: "Here men from the planet Earth first stepped upon the moon - July 1969."

The montage video shows highlights from the Apollo 11 mission, from the launch in Florida to the spacecraft's departure from the moon.

The videos can be seen at
[pic - click to view]

http://www.nasa.gov/multi .. ia/hd/apollo11..

[pic - click to view]

NASA releases clearest videos yet of 1969 moonwalk - CNN.com

65 comments for "Jul 16 - NASA releases clearest videos yet of 1969 moonwalk"

07-16-2009, 03:04 PM         #2
DaminOG™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so they got the fake a.ss video and event finally fully edited and looking good? lol
 8 years ago '04        #3
dsoul 
space
space
space
$1,051 | Props total: 16 16
what really gets to me is

if we made it there once, why hadvent we been back

i guess the next mission is in 2020....the f***?

i know it costs millions to billions.....but c'mon now

s*** is fishy

Last edited by dsoul; 07-16-2009 at 03:15 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #4
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
 dsoul said:
what really gets to me is

if we made it there once, why hadvent we been back

i guess the next mission is in 2020....the f***?

i know it costs millions to billions.....but c'mon now

s*** is fishy

Man thats the first thing that popped into my head. Technology is 100 times better than it was way back then. You'd think it would now be a breeze to go there whenever the hell we want. I think the s*** is fishy too.....
 07-16-2009, 03:34 PM         #5
DaminOG™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its cause another country was about to hit the moon for real when usa 'did it' so they faked one to make it look like us #1 . lol but since we all know there aint s*** there nasa has no concern or desire to actually oo there
 8 years ago '04        #6
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
We didn't go back because it wasn't worth it. It takes a lot of time and money, and it's a huge risk. Interest in the space program as a whole declined once we reached that goal, and the big motivation of being the first there was of course missing. So, the focus was on more practical endeavors.

As for the time and money they're going to have to devote to go there now, you have to keep in mind that they aren't planning the same thing. It's not a matter of simply replicating the same mission with much superior technology, that would be a waste. Now, there will be plans to accomplish much more, things for which there isn't a precedent set, and which a lot of research and money need to go into. So yes, technology has advanced, but so have the ambitions for what to accomplish on such a mission. You're not just popping up there again for the hell of it.

Last edited by HHS; 07-16-2009 at 03:39 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #7
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,596 | Props total: 905 905
^^basically
 8 years ago '04        #8
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
Interesting ... depending on who you believe ... we have been to the moon many times, to bring minerals back ... its just hush hush ... but like I said ... depending on who you believe
 8 years ago '04        #9
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
There ain't no reason to go back to the moon, there ain't nothing up there and we know that.

Those trips up there to the moon would cost billions of dollars; money that can be used to go to Mars or set up some sort of station in that planet.
 8 years ago '04        #10
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6

^^ clear as day
 07-16-2009, 04:32 PM         #11
dutchbaby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If I'm not mistaken, there were six Apollo missions that went to the moon - and since I know somebody will say it's bulls***, I will add this condition - if you believe what the government says.
 07-16-2009, 04:37 PM         #12
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People who don't think we've been to the moon are mentally unstable and should seek professional help.
 07-16-2009, 04:55 PM         #13
ast11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How the hell could you lose the tape of the moon landing. That would be one of the most historic events to occur. This is bulls***....
 8 years ago '07        #14
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,828 | Props total: 4802 4802
 HHS said:
We didn't go back because it wasn't worth it. It takes a lot of time and money, and it's a huge risk. Interest in the space program as a whole declined once we reached that goal, and the big motivation of being the first there was of course missing. So, the focus was on more practical endeavors.

As for the time and money they're going to have to devote to go there now, you have to keep in mind that they aren't planning the same thing. It's not a matter of simply replicating the same mission with much superior technology, that would be a waste. Now, there will be plans to accomplish much more, things for which there isn't a precedent set, and which a lot of research and money need to go into. So yes, technology has advanced, but so have the ambitions for what to accomplish on such a mission. You're not just popping up there again for the hell of it.
what made it worth it tha 1st time then?
 8 years ago '04        #15
dsoul 
space
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
People who don't think we've been to the moon are mentally unstable and should seek professional help.

man u are annoying

u think you know everything.....

do u always believe what u see?
 07-16-2009, 05:18 PM         #16
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dsoul said:
man u are annoying

u think you know everything.....

do u always believe what u see?
No. Do you always question my opinion and fail to present any evidence to the contrary?

That's a rhetorical one, for the record. We both know the anwser.
 8 years ago '04        #17
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 r.burgundy said:
what made it worth it tha 1st time then?
As a species we feel a push to conquer the unknown, and as a nation, we wanted to do it before the USSR. It helped national morale, provided jobs, and was a push for new technology (with potential to help our side in the Cold War) and scientific understanding.
 07-16-2009, 05:46 PM         #18
yungb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKEME said:
That moonwalk was fake straight propaganda, no one has ever been to the moon yet, but the U.S did make a fake video out in the desert to make it look like they landed on the moon first so that the U.S can own the rights to that planet. ask yourself why can't they get better images of the moon with all the new technology cant they just zoom in from space and capture all the events that take place on the moon instead of sending space shuttles it would be cheaper.
You lost all credibility before ever attaining it. How does it feel?
 8 years ago '04        #19
dsoul 
space
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
No. Do you always question my opinion and fail to present any evidence to the contrary?

That's a rhetorical one, for the record. We both know the anwser.

listen here smartass.

having an opinion is one thing but flat out telling people that their opinion is wrong and stupid

07-16-2009, 06:20 PM         #20
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's not stupid when my argument is supported by facts, evidence and logic.

Care to present yours. Or like the rest of the "We haven't been to the moon" brigade, are you unable to post your imaginary facts?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy