Wu Tang aren't near as good as people think

most viewed right now
 117
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
130 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 51
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
120 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM         #161
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jewelz1132 said:


everybody please stop replying..this lil uk dude just ended his whole argument with these videos...but i hope these artists 10yrs later become known worldwide so we can all say their raps are commercial
You think intelligent hip hop will be commercial in 10 years times? With people like you around i disagree. Think you'll still push the same garbage to the mainstream, and you'll still stop talent from existing outside of the underground.

One can hope though.
 8 years ago '06        #162
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
 r a n c i d said:
No they aren't 1000 times better than any album that's dropped this year. You must not have heard much music this year outside of the radio.

See this is the problem with you old heads. Back in your day decent rappers were on television and radio. all you know is television and radio. So you judge rap on what the media present to you. Rap right now is stronger than it has ever been.

And i haven't dissed Wu Tang once, i love Wu Tang. But stop overhyping and being ignorant.
f*** you and f*** england, you dont know s*** bout hiphop son, name a good album of this year who can f*** with "liquid swords, tical, only built 4 cuban linx" ??
Son, you are probably 14-5 years old.
Hate given u clown a.ss b**** :dancingcool::dancingcool::dancingcool::dancingcoo l:
 07-08-2009, 05:23 PM         #163
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrunkenBoxer said:
f*** you and f*** england, you dont know s*** bout hiphop son, name a good album of this year who can f*** with "liquid swords, tical, only built 4 cuban linx" ??
Son, you are probably 14-5 years old.
Hate given u clown a.ss b**** :dancingcool::dancingcool::dancingcool::dancingcoo l:
Not sure. I haven't been following most the drops this year. Can't think of any off hand.

I'm sure there's many though. You act like Tical is some goat album or something
 07-08-2009, 05:29 PM         #164
Vincent Vega  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn this cat at war with the whole board and s***, lmao.
 8 years ago '06        #165
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
 r a n c i d said:
Not sure. I haven't been following most the drops this year. Can't think of any off hand.

I'm sure there's many though. You act like Tical is some goat album or something
Its not that u cant think, its because you cant think, get it? :)
Well...then try harder, turn your brain on you Tesla...you are such a cool, inteligent person, Can I be your best friend please?
Tesla aint got s*** on you.

Its because there are NONE, tical>>>>.jesht or however u spell his name career, life, everything.
 07-08-2009, 05:40 PM         #166
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrunkenBoxer said:
Its not that u cant think, its because you cant think, get it? :)
Well...then try harder, turn your brain on you Tesla...you are such a cool, inteligent person, Can I be your best friend please?
Tesla aint got s*** on you.

Its because there are NONE, tical>>>>.jesht or however u spell his name career, life, everything.
You dumb son of a b****.

Return of the Drifter > Tical.

You haven't heard s***.
 8 years ago '07        #167
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,338 | Props total: 380 380
if your going to say wu tang is overrated at least state your reasons for them being overrated. it seems like your just trying to get a reaction out of people.
 8 years ago '04        #168
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,668 | Props total: 2196 2196
 r a n c i d said:
You think intelligent hip hop will be commercial in 10 years times? With people like you around i disagree. Think you'll still push the same garbage to the mainstream, and you'll still stop talent from existing outside of the underground.

One can hope though.
push what same garbage to mainstream? I been listening to dilla beats for the past hour..you don't know wtf you talking about dude and with every post you make yourself seem like more of a dumbass
 07-08-2009, 05:57 PM         #169
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 young moolah said:
if your going to say wu tang is overrated at least state your reasons for them being overrated. it seems like your just trying to get a reaction out of people.
Well the fact there's millions of rap fans world wide who ignorantly think they're the goats of hip hop.

That's why they're over rated. They're on a pedestal.
 07-08-2009, 05:58 PM         #170
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jewelz1132 said:
push what same garbage to mainstream? I been listening to dilla beats for the past hour..you don't know wtf you talking about dude and with every post you make yourself seem like more of a dumbass
Big, NWA etc
 8 years ago '06        #171
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,638 | Props total: 8570 8570
I never bought their albums bought i f***s with alot of their songs thought
 8 years ago '06        #172
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
Be easy on him, fellas. He is from England.
 8 years ago '09        #173
kingstown04 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,543 | Props total: 87 87
to each his own
 8 years ago '08        #174
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
Not sure why you are acting like these new school cats could educate the old heads??? That's ridiculous.

And so is this thread...

Wu Tang didn't just become legends overnight ... they gained that respect for a reason ... way before rap was about "who had the most swag"
 07-08-2009, 06:21 PM         #175
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn RANCID, how dare you put 2pac on that list. That dude is a God...

But ya, I tend to agree on the NWA bit, for one, their music did not age well at all. I bought their first album, and out of like 15 tracks, only about 3 are good... me'h, they were edgy when they came out thoguh cuz of all the gangster s*** they were talking about... but yeah, RUN DMC & Pharcyde >>>>> NWA.... Can't comment on the Wu, never heard one of their albums...

Half the rappers in the underground blow BIG out of the water. What's BIG ever done that i should respect? THe man was any halfwit gangster with his b***hes, money, hoes and a couple of nice lyrics to go with.

He's never done anything of merit. Ever.
I completely agree with the Biggie bit, dude is the most overrated rapper in history... i made a thread about some months ago and got crucified... lulz

I can name 20,000 cds better than ready to die.
You don't have 20,000 CDs...

Wayne is better than Eazy E lol. HAHAHA
Ehhh, if you think about it, Wayne and Eazy are pretty interchangable.... Tehy both rap about the same s***. Had Wayne came out back when Eazy did, Wayne would've been seen in the same light Eazy is... If I had to pick I'd choose Eazy though, I have his Eternal E Best Of compilation and it has a few decent cuts, can't really say that about any Lil Lame track I've heard...

People being hungry, beats being gritty, and unity; none of them have any relevence to lyrical talent.

Me being from the UK doesn't take away from my musical taste either. If anything it only gives credibility to my viewpoints. In the UK our commercial hip hop artists actually have talent
An artist being "hungry" does have relevance to their "lyrical" talent. If an artist is not "hungry" You get s*** like Nas on Streets Disciple and Hip Hop Is Dead, back in the Illmatic days he was "hungry" and you say lyrical talent as if its the only thing that matters in hip hop. Canibus is a lyrical monster, but his flow is a.sscheeks...
Therefore I can't listen to his s***... Biggie is good lyrically, but he is only a much more advanced Lil Wayne, he's lyrical, but he doesn't really rap about s*** so it doesn't matter to me.... To make a good rapper, so many things have to come into affect. (At least for me)

You haven't even heard half of the people on the list. How can you say that?

LOL at you LOL'n at Vinnie Paz. Fool
ya, Vinnie Paz is nasty with it... His verse on Blood Runs Cold was nuts...

ndon hip hop wise got more talent the entire South and West combined
Don't be dissin my coast... 2pac >>>>>> The entire world, but especially the UK...

Ready to Die>>>>>>>>>>>anything any underground ever put out..
You Never Know by Immortal Technique >>>> any song on ready to die, and Life after death... seriously dude, Biggie is the most overrated rapper ever. He wasn't that good...
 8 years ago '05        #176
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$47,179 | Props total: 11742 11742
Find me a group of 9 dudes (10 including Cappa) who can rap and drop some classic albums
 07-08-2009, 06:30 PM         #177
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
Damn RANCID, how dare you put 2pac on that list. That dude is a God...

But ya, I tend to agree on the NWA bit, for one, their music did not age well at all. I bought their first album, and out of like 15 tracks, only about 3 are good... me'h, they were edgy when they came out thoguh cuz of all the gangster s*** they were talking about... but yeah, RUN DMC & Pharcyde >>>>> NWA.... Can't comment on the Wu, never heard one of their albums...



I completely agree with the Biggie bit, dude is the most overrated rapper in history... i made a thread about some months ago and got crucified... lulz



You don't have 20,000 CDs...



Ehhh, if you think about it, Wayne and Eazy are pretty interchangable.... Tehy both rap about the same s***. Had Wayne came out back when Eazy did, Wayne would've been seen in the same light Eazy is... If I had to pick I'd choose Eazy though, I have his Eternal E Best Of compilation and it has a few decent cuts, can't really say that about any Lil Lame track I've heard...



An artist being "hungry" does have relevance to their "lyrical" talent. If an artist is not "hungry" You get s*** like Nas on Streets Disciple and Hip Hop Is Dead, back in the Illmatic days he was "hungry" and you say lyrical talent as if its the only thing that matters in hip hop. Canibus is a lyrical monster, but his flow is a.sscheeks...
Therefore I can't listen to his s***... Biggie is good lyrically, but he is only a much more advanced Lil Wayne, he's lyrical, but he doesn't really rap about s*** so it doesn't matter to me.... To make a good rapper, so many things have to come into affect. (At least for me)



ya, Vinnie Paz is nasty with it... His verse on Blood Runs Cold was nuts...



Don't be dissin my coast... 2pac >>>>>> The entire world, but especially the UK...



You Never Know by Immortal Technique >>>> any song on ready to die, and Life after death... seriously dude, Biggie is the most overrated rapper ever. He wasn't that good...
But the thing is you know I like 2pac. I was in your BIG thread if you remember bigging up Pac.

By saying he's over rated I'm not putting down his talents. Rather drawing attention to people, even you, who says he's God or better than the UK... Not sure if you were playing with those statements though.

Basically i believe he's over rated in the respect alot of kids and older heads alike think he's the only rap artist out there with meaningful content. And they seem shocked and disgusted when you rightfully point out there's artists deeper than him with more complexed and thought provoking lyrics.


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]


[spoiler - click to view]


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]


[spoiler - click to view]


More UK drops for the heathens who don't already know. I'd drop some Australian rappers but don't wanna f!ght to many battles at one time
 8 years ago '05        #178
TRU 504 BoY 
space
avatar space
space
$1,970 | Props total: 88 88
You want people to respect your opinion, but yet you tell people they're retarded. you criticize the people in here when you yet to have stated why wutang is overrated and countless other rappers, you right away claim london rap is superior than south and west coast music combined except new york but then changed it to only 10 rappers from new york. You only made a thread to not only argue, but to just tell people "my opinion is better than yours. my taste in music is better than yours. London music > anything you listen to." Thats basically what this thread is really about. The music from then and now is totally different. Before you made your arguement you didn't state to why pun, wu, etc are overrated nor did you even put up THEE top 3 or top 5 rappers in london rightnow. Doesn't have to be an all time top 5 cause theres no such thing. Theres always a rapper better than the next one. But since our opinions aren't worth our lives gives us a 5.
I didn't wanna come in here once i read the first page cause i didn't think people would give this guy any attention, but obviously i failed at this and saw the alarming 12 pages of this crap i'm reading. good entertainment though, i'll admit, it had me chuckling up to the 2nd page. I'm sure the threadstarter is feeling the same way too with the way you guys give this guy your time and effort arguing back and forth. obviously he has his mind made up on who he wants to listen to and thinks he's better. so just let this thread go to the bottom.
*rolls out to the L-I-Q bumpin Danger Doom- Saliva*
 8 years ago '08        #179
[Trini Yute] 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,028 | Props total: 519 519
 TRU 504 BoY said:
You want people to respect your opinion, but yet you tell people they're retarded. you criticize the people in here when you yet to have stated why wutang is overrated and countless other rappers, you right away claim london rap is superior than south and west coast music combined except new york but then changed it to only 10 rappers from new york. You only made a thread to not only argue, but to just tell people "my opinion is better than yours. my taste in music is better than yours. London music > anything you listen to." Thats basically what this thread is really about. The music from then and now is totally different. Before you made your arguement you didn't state to why pun, wu, etc are overrated nor did you even put up THEE top 3 or top 5 rappers in london rightnow. Doesn't have to be an all time top 5 cause theres no such thing. Theres always a rapper better than the next one. But since our opinions aren't worth our lives gives us a 5.
I didn't wanna come in here once i read the first page cause i didn't think people would give this guy any attention, but obviously i failed at this and saw the alarming 12 pages of this crap i'm reading. good entertainment though, i'll admit, it had me chuckling up to the 2nd page. I'm sure the threadstarter is feeling the same way too with the way you guys give this guy your time and effort arguing back and forth. obviously he has his mind made up on who he wants to listen to and thinks he's better. so just let this thread go to the bottom.
*rolls out to the L-I-Q bumpin Danger Doom- Saliva*
Church.
 07-08-2009, 06:39 PM         #180
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TRU 504 BoY said:
You want people to respect your opinion, but yet you tell people they're retarded.

I don't want anyone to respect my opinion. Where have I said taht?


you criticize the people in here when you yet to have stated why wutang is overrated and countless other rappers

I've stated numerous times. Reread.


, you right away claim london rap is superior than south and west coast music combined

I didn't claim that right away. I claimed that a few pages into the thread after countless attacks on British hip hop. If you aren't from NY don't speak ill on British hip hop is the message.

except new york but then changed it to only 10 rappers from new york.

No i didn't.

You only made a thread to not only argue, but to just tell people "my opinion is better than yours. my taste in music is better than yours. London music > anything you listen to."

Haven't said that at all. My favourite group are American. My favourite rappers are American. American hip hop > All.

But at the same time, London > Anywhere but NY.

The thread of course I knew would create arguments. But to be fair to myself, i thought it would be 50/50 with people agreeing and the groupies being in denial.


Thats basically what this thread is really about. The music from then and now is totally different. Before you made your arguement you didn't state to why pun, wu, etc are overrated nor did you even put up THEE top 3 or top 5 rappers in london rightnow.

I didn't have too. London rappers weren't relevent until a few pages into the topic. Nor do I have to state why Pun and Wu are over rated. It's self evident. They're over rated because they get too much credit and are put on pedestals.

Doesn't have to be an all time top 5 cause theres no such thing. Theres always a rapper better than the next one. But since our opinions aren't worth our lives gives us a 5.

How many pages have you read? I've already give a top 5 of my favourite artists at the moment.

I didn't wanna come in here once i read the first page cause i didn't think people would give this guy any attention, but obviously i failed at this and saw the alarming 12 pages of this crap i'm reading. good entertainment though, i'll admit, it had me chuckling up to the 2nd page. I'm sure the threadstarter is feeling the same way too with the way you guys give this guy your time and effort arguing back and forth. obviously he has his mind made up on who he wants to listen to and thinks he's better. so just let this thread go to the bottom.
*rolls out to the L-I-Q bumpin Danger Doom- Saliva*
Bye..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 51
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 42
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 41
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 20
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy