Wu Tang aren't near as good as people think

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #61
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 r a n c i d said:
Wu Tang influence alot of artists.

I never said they didn't.

You're still coming at me like I've insulted the Wu. I've not done that once. What I've said is people give them more credit than they deserve.
I guess your boy blade does too because he's worked with RZA.
 07-08-2009, 03:43 PM         #62
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phillips said:
This guy's gotta be some kinda comedian..
What have you heard from London? Don't even f***ing go there. You know nothing about the scene or artists in London.

There isn't a single city outside of New York in America that can clash London. Not one. A few on the east coast come close. That's it.

London hip hop wise got more talent the entire South and West combined
 8 years ago '09        #63
Ny4LiFe 
space
space
$485 | Props total: 48 48
 r a n c i d said:
Didn't you only a few posts ago mention Ready to Die as proof that the early 90s was better than hip hop today?

How can you rate 'Ready to Die' or Big for that matter then critiscise my list.

You got a brain cell deficiency?
So you're saying that the rappers you listed are better than B.I.G? What kind of Crack do they whip up in London.
 8 years ago '08        #64
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 r a n c i d said:
Didn't you only a few posts ago mention Ready to Die as proof that the early 90s was better than hip hop today?

How can you rate 'Ready to Die' or Big for that matter then critiscise my list.

You got a brain cell deficiency?
Ready to Die>>>>>>>>>>>anything any underground ever put out..
 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM         #65
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
So because they weren't commercial back then doesn't mean their music isn't commercial now?

Because nonsense gangster rap with no merit wasn't considered commercial back then, it shouldn't be considered commercial now?

And you say it yourself, back in the day this valueless 'gansta' rap was NOT commercial, you said that, right? So how can you hype an era where this gangster nonsense void of any talent was considered real hip hop?

It SHOULD have been considered commercial back then. It's a crying shame the supposed true heads of the 90s didn't realise how average NWA were

not only are you clearly young..but you're also an idiot,and need to educate yourself on hip hop history...especially considering you're in here trying to make a mockery of hip hop history with no real basis for it,or examples of anything that suggest it's weak in comparison to this era of hip hop...

first of all n.w.a. was more of a conscious group than anything...if you listen to their records...it was just more aggressive,because the nature of their environment was more aggressive,and this was "new" back than....thus you making this idiotic comparison about how it's considered commercial now,means it should have been considered commercial than is the essence of retardation....it's like saying when nintendo came out,people should have dissed it's graphics,because the graphics are weak now compared to a ps3....just ridiculous rationale...

and you have yet to throw out these people you feel are leading this golden era of hip hop currently that you feel trump the artist of yesteryear....you're just saying..."i know 20 thousand artist better,bla bla bla".....arguing just to argue...but not saying a got damn thing....
 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM         #66
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:
I guess your boy blade does too because he's worked with RZA.
I know. RZA recognises lyrical talent. UK artists recognise talent. there's no reason they shouldn't link up.

And of course Blade respects RZA, why wouldn't he!?
 8 years ago '05        #67
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,042 | Props total: 817 817
 r a n c i d said:
You contradict yourself. If being hungry is as important as you say then UK should be the best at rap when compared to America. Kids here are far hungrier.

And if you think there's no lyrical talent in the UK you don't know anything about Hip Hop.

London is pound for pound one of the heavyweight locations in the world for hip hop. Being out done only by NY.
Sorry Rancid I gotta be an arsehole. Being from up north you know I gotta be an arsehole reading that.

The Midlands in its prime>>>>>>>>>>London everytime

Last edited by Da Gooneyz; 07-08-2009 at 03:46 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #68
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
What have you heard from London? Don't even f***ing go there. You know nothing about the scene or artists in London.

There isn't a single city outside of New York in America that can clash London. Not one. A few on the east coast come close. That's it.

London hip hop wise got more talent the entire South and West combined
okay someone ban this kid or delete this thread.. It's pointless arguing cuz he clearly doesn't know anything about hip hop..
 07-08-2009, 03:45 PM         #69
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:
I like Jedi Mind Tricks but Vinnie Paz gets eaten up by a lot of rappers easily. Actually I have heard of the rappers on your list. All of them being underground by the by. I didn't contradict myself at all. You just don't know how to read. It helps with lyrical quality, but it's not everything. You need to actually be lyrical first. A broke, struggling hungry man is usually gonna write more real s*** than someone who has everything handed to them. Lol UK's hip hop scene. Guy you're too funny.
I didn't claim Vinnie was the best though did i. If you'd re read i specifically siad these are artists im feeling, they're not necessarily those i think have the most talent.

And lol at you still lol'n at the UK
 8 years ago '05        #70
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
Lol @ this guy. I guarantee not one of your favorite artists in London was not inspired by a rapper in America. Guaranf**kingtee it

Last edited by Santoro; 07-08-2009 at 03:47 PM..
 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM         #71
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
not only are you clearly young..but you're also an idiot,and need to educate yourself on hip hop history...especially considering you're in here trying to make a mockery of hip hop history with no real basis for it,or examples of anything that suggest it's weak in comparison to this era of hip hop...

first of all n.w.a. was more of a conscious group than anything...if you listen to their records...it was just more aggressive,because the nature of their environment was more aggressive,and this was "new" back than....thus you making this idiotic comparison about how it's considered commercial now,means it should have been considered commercial than is the essence of retardation....it's like saying when nintendo came out,people should have dissed it's graphics,because the graphics are weak now compared to a ps3....just ridiculous rationale...

and you have yet to throw out these people you feel are leading this golden era of hip hop currently that you feel trump the artist of yesteryear....you're just saying..."i know 20 thousand artist better,bla bla bla".....arguing just to argue...but not saying a got damn thing....
NWA were average. Their attempts at being conscious were laughable. Like a frog trying to contemplate the meaning of life:lachen001:
 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM         #72
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phillips said:
Ready to Die>>>>>>>>>>>anything any underground ever put out..
 Ny4LiFe said:
So you're saying that the rappers you listed are better than B.I.G? What kind of Crack do they whip up in London.

LMAO you two have to be playing with me. Ready to Die hahahahahaha
 8 years ago '08        #73
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
I didn't claim Vinnie was the best though did i. If you'd re read i specifically siad these are artists im feeling, they're not necessarily those i think have the most talent.

And lol at you still lol'n at the UK
Have more talent than who?
 07-08-2009, 03:48 PM         #74
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Gooneyz said:
Sorry Rancid I gotta be an arsehole. Being from up north you know I gotta be an arsehole reading that.

The Midlands in its prime>>>>>>>>>>London everytime
Yo lol. Don't start
 8 years ago '08        #75
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
LMAO you two have to be playing with me. Ready to Die hahahahahaha
This dude is worst than Narcz and Cheezy...
 07-08-2009, 03:49 PM         #76
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phillips said:
Have more talent than who?
What do you mean have more talent.

Obviously those who i rate at the top of them in terms of talent have more talent than EVERYONE ELSE.

That's a given.

You struggle with English? Would explain your poor musical preference:agreement6:
 07-08-2009, 03:50 PM         #77
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
NWA were average. Their attempts at being conscious were laughable. Like a frog trying to contemplate the meaning of life:lachen001:

aka you have no point..and you just felt like making a controversial thread to argue.....i get it...have a nice day...
 8 years ago '06        #78
Young_Remedy 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,643 | Props total: 315 315
lol this is def not the golden age of hip hop right now, half the artist you name been around since before '00.. dudes like wu tang, big, pac, etc are the reasons why most the rappers you listening to are spitting today.. they may not be better than your favorite rapper but they clearly paved the way for rappers today.. and saying that dudes like wu, pac, nas, big, pun are not lyrical just shows you didnt grow up listening to 90s rap.. there aren't a lot of rappers today that hold a candle to these guys in their prime and any real hip hop head can tell you that.. no matter if they are commercial or underground
 8 years ago '06        #79
J-Kellz 
space
space
space
$165 | Props total: 0 0
 r a n c i d said:
Wu Tang influence alot of artists.

I never said they didn't.

You're still coming at me like I've insulted the Wu. I've not done that once. What I've said is people give them more credit than they deserve.
if all of your favorite artists are influenced by wu-tang don't they deserve that credit, ask any of those people on ur list if wu-tang is overrated and they'll probably laugh in ur face
 8 years ago '05        #80
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
So name your top 5 best emcees ever guy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago