NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-08-2009, 03:03 PM         #21
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
Word, because NWA STAY rapping these days. 20 years ago that s**t wasn't pop rap. Are you f**king kidding me?
Any rap void of any actual value or worth I consider to be commercial pop rap.

And I can't think of anything NWA have ever done that I'd consider to be good proper music.

They were like the p***y Cat Dolls of Hip Hop.
 07-08-2009, 03:05 PM         #22
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:
I think it's a generation thing, sort of like what we're going through right now. Although it's not too hard to notice lyricism, to some people "Bow Wow" and "Soulja Boy" is great and their fans would feel disrespected if we said "Nas is a lot better."

People are forgetting Hip-Hop is getting older and it's going through another phase. Right now we are in the (what I like to call) the "New Age." Rappers like Wu-Tang are apart of the "Old Age" which ended in the late 90s after the murders of 2pac and Biggie. The "New Age is currently being taken over by the "Gay Age" which contains rappers like Soulja Boy and Hurricane Chris.

I don't know about you, but it's hard to accept a rapper If he is not rapping like the rappers I grew up with. But I was raised in the "Old Age" and people told me this was good music, but as I got older I accepted the "New Age." I can see both sides of the argument, but now that my brain has rested on what I like, I refuse to accept anything that is different.
We're in the golden age right now. Anyone who listens to Hip Hop proper knows this.

I don't listen to metros3xuals like Jim Jones. I'm talking real hip hop, underground hip hop.
 07-08-2009, 03:06 PM         #23
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ny4LiFe said:
OB4CL
Ironman
Supreme Clientele
Liquid Swords
36 Chambers
Wu-Forever
Tical
Uncontrolled Substance

Just those right there are 1000 times better than any album that's dropped this year. I can't fathom how you people listen to this tight jeans f*g**t rap era. But to each his own. But don't tell me that the Wu aren't that ill or they're whack. Cause they're catalog blows most rappers and groups out the water.
No they aren't 1000 times better than any album that's dropped this year. You must not have heard much music this year outside of the radio.

See this is the problem with you old heads. Back in your day decent rappers were on television and radio. all you know is television and radio. So you judge rap on what the media present to you. Rap right now is stronger than it has ever been.

And i haven't dissed Wu Tang once, i love Wu Tang. But stop overhyping and being ignorant.
 8 years ago '09        #24
Ny4LiFe 
space
space
$485 | Props total: 48 48
 r a n c i d said:
We're in the golden age right now. Anyone who listens to Hip Hop proper knows this.

I don't listen to metros3xuals like Jim Jones. I'm talking real hip hop, underground hip hop.
How old are you. You must be a little kid cuz the golden era of rap was 1993-2000 this s**t nowadays is some homo rap.
 8 years ago '06        #25
J-Kellz 
space
space
space
$165 | Props total: 0 0
why do we see these same threads every week. we get it kid, ur 14 and prefer a disposable track that you can sing along with rather than timeless classics. go back to bumpin Akon and keep to urself, i've been listening to albums like 36 Chambers and Ready to Die for years and years and can throw them on at anytime and s**ts still hot. all this bulls**t today gets played out so quick so even if someone drops a hot album at the time its because they conformed to the style on the radio and it wont hav the longevity of an album made by someone doin their own s**t, as soon as autotune gets old to the general public all these albums full of autotune wont b s**t even if they are hot now. nobody makes timeless music anymore, so you can catch me bumpin wu-tang 10 years from now, but i know damn well most people wont b bumpin that hot new drake s**t 10 years from now
 07-08-2009, 03:07 PM         #26
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ny4LiFe said:
How old are you. You must be a little kid cuz the golden era of rap was 1993-2000 this s**t nowadays is some homo rap.
The s**t on tv is homo rap. I don't watch TV. I'm not a commercial head like you.

1993 the golden age of hip hop. What a f**king joke. You're wrong in your head.
 8 years ago '04        #27
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,668 | Props total: 2198 2198
yeah r a n c i d man..you're full of s**t with this one

did you grow up listening to this music? because you're argument sounds like you were on some trance s**t in the 90s and switched up later on..because you're basing "commercial" on what is commercial now, not back then
 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM         #28
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-Kellz said:
why do we see these same threads every week. we get it kid, ur 14 and prefer a disposable track that you can sing along with rather than timeless classics. go back to bumpin Akon and keep to urself, i've been listening to albums like 36 Chambers and Ready to Die for years and years and can throw them on at anytime and s**ts still hot. all this bulls**t today gets played out so quick so even if someone drops a hot album at the time its because they conformed to the style on the radio and it wont hav the longevity of an album made by someone doin their own s**t, as soon as autotune gets old to the general public all these albums full of autotune wont b s**t even if they are hot now. nobody makes timeless music anymore, so you can catch me bumpin wu-tang 10 years from now, but i know damn well most people wont b bumpin that hot new drake s**t 10 years from now
The same a.ssumption from the bandwagon riding pensioners.

I don't listen to commercial music. I don't listen to Akon. I listen to real music. I don't like autotune. I don't care about Drake.

You're a pseudo listener. The only thing you consider to be good or proper are the established artists who came through in your era.

Slow down on the ignorance old man. You're talking to someone from the generation of enlightenment. Go lynch some minorities while bumping your Vanilla Ice cd.
 07-08-2009, 03:09 PM         #29
SmooveDude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
People often a.ssociate 'commercial' with pop rap. s**t like Nelly or whatever. Obviously Wu and NWA aren't those types are artists, but they are known world wide.
thats the first thing that came to mind but i had to rethink it
 07-08-2009, 03:12 PM         #30
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jewelz1132 said:
yeah r a n c i d man..you're full of s**t with this one

did you grow up listening to this music? because you're argument sounds like you were on some trance s**t in the 90s and switched up later on..because you're basing "commercial" on what is commercial now, not back then
So because they weren't commercial back then doesn't mean their music isn't commercial now?

Because nonsense gangster rap with no merit wasn't considered commercial back then, it shouldn't be considered commercial now?

And you say it yourself, back in the day this valueless 'gansta' rap was NOT commercial, you said that, right? So how can you hype an era where this gangster nonsense void of any talent was considered real hip hop?

It SHOULD have been considered commercial back then. It's a crying shame the supposed true heads of the 90s didn't realise how average NWA were
 8 years ago '04        #31
DJ-Ice_9 
space
space
$258 | Props total: 0 0
seriously most people that d**k ride wu d**k ride wack members IMO Raekwon and Ghostface are mad over rated. Rza needs to stick to beats seriously. Method Man has always been dope especially with Redman. Deck and U-god are both slept on, lyrically they s**t on everyone in the wu. Mastah k!llah is wack, ODB was honestly ehh. Gza is dope but people ride his d**k way to much Liquid Swords was a classic and I haven't really heard anything since Legend of the Liquid Sword from him cuz I just kinda got tired of his style.
It's all about Holocaust he USED to be untouchable, that verse off Bobby Digital was f**kin ridiculous a perfect example of dope lyricism. But he fell the f**k off.
 8 years ago '06        #32
J-Kellz 
space
space
space
$165 | Props total: 0 0
 r a n c i d said:
The same a.ssumption from the bandwagon riding pensioners.

I don't listen to commercial music. I don't listen to Akon. I listen to real music. I don't like autotune. I don't care about Drake.

You're a pseudo listener. The only thing you consider to be good or proper are the established artists who came through in your era.

Slow down on the ignorance old man. You're talking to someone from the generation of enlightenment. Go lynch some minorities while bumping your Vanilla Ice cd.
haha so who are u comparing these people too then, who is so hot nowadays that just completely blows wu-tang and b.i.g. out the water, wut r u bumpin
 8 years ago '08        #33
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 r a n c i d said:

This f*g trynna tell us Wayne drake hurricane chris soulja boy yung joc t pain are golden age..
 8 years ago '09        #34
Ny4LiFe 
space
space
$485 | Props total: 48 48
 r a n c i d said:
The s**t on tv is homo rap. I don't watch TV. I'm not a commercial head like you.

1993 the golden age of hip hop. What a f**king joke. You're wrong in your head.
I don't listen to the radio or watch tv these days either d**khead. And in 93 Ready To Die dropped and Illmatic was already on the streets so if that's not the beginning of the golden era then you don't know s**t about rap so go have some tea f*g**t. And the reason people listened to radio and watched the Box and s**t like that was because real rap had videos back in the real golden era. Now unless you're wearin some tight jeans wit a fruity shirt or got a Kanye man purse you can't get a vid unless you put one out independent. But hey if these days are your golden era fine, I got nothin against f*gs, just come out the closet so we know.
 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM         #35
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J-Kellz said:
haha so who are u comparing these people too then, who is so hot nowadays that just completely blows wu-tang and b.i.g. out the water, wut r u bumpin
Half the rappers in the underground blow BIG out of the water. What's BIG ever done that i should respect? THe man was any halfwit gangster with his b***hes, money, hoes and a couple of nice lyrics to go with.

He's never done anything of merit. Ever.

And I could literally name thousands of artists up there with Wu Tang as individuals. You keep coming to some false conclusion that I don't rate Wu. I rate the Wu. They're just majorly over rated.
 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM         #36
SmooveDude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phillips said:
This f*g trynna tell us Wayne drake hurricane chris soulja boy yung joc t pain are golden age..
sarcasm???

hurricane chris, yung joc, soulja boy aint on the same level as little brother, b.o.b, 3stacks(solo), tip, kanye

why not actually name some good rappers, you cant possibly believe the radio rappers are the best out
 07-08-2009, 03:21 PM         #37
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I understand what you're saying Ran, the underground emcees (today) are a lot better than the ones during the 90s. I can't explain why I listen to Jim Jones, but the music doesn't play a big role. Lately I've only been listening to Eminem's new single a dozen times a day.
 07-08-2009, 03:22 PM         #38
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ny4LiFe said:
I don't listen to the radio or watch tv these days either d**khead. And in 93 Ready To Die dropped and Illmatic was already on the streets so if that's not the beginning of the golden era then you don't know s**t about rap so go have some tea f*g**t. And the reason people listened to radio and watched the Box and s**t like that was because real rap had videos back in the real golden era. Now unless you're wearin some tight jeans wit a fruity shirt or got a Kanye man purse you can't get a vid unless you put one out independent. But hey if these days are your golden era fine, I got nothin against f*gs, just come out the closet so we know.
Ready to Die is an average album. You list that like i should come impressed and accept defeat.

I can name 20,000 cds better than ready to die.
 07-08-2009, 03:25 PM         #39
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phillips said:
Is that what I've tried to say? I don't think i've tried to say that.

The 90s heads are scared of this debate. Look at them keep resorting to commercial rap arguments.

I told you all these kids know is commercial rap. They're pseudo hip hop heads. Anything outside of TV and Radio they don't care about.

Wayne is better than Eazy E lol. HAHAHA
 8 years ago '05        #40
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
You're from the UK. Your opinion on Hip Hop has never mattered. You either like Wu-Tang or you don't. 90s hiphop was and still head and shoulders above the 2000's era. People were hungrier, beats were grittier and there was more unity. The same people saying Jay and Pac or Biggie are garbage are the same people that don't actually listen to songs and their meanings. Dumb kids have ruined hip hop.

Last edited by Santoro; 07-08-2009 at 03:28 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now