Wu Tang aren't near as good as people think

most viewed right now
 212
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 103
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 96
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 75
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #301
Future 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 lifetimez said:
Even with rancid being as wrong as he is, it's entertaining to see him destroy the BX retards who can't make an argument for their life.

Especially Phillips, lol stop getting so defensive.
You come rollin in here like you so smart and talking about people can't make an argument for their life, I wanna see you make one.. And see how he responds to it..


Last edited by Future; 07-09-2009 at 03:57 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #302
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11741 11741
once again rancid running his mouth about something he dont know saying jay-z doesnt live up to the hype lol f*** outta here
 07-09-2009, 04:55 AM         #303
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
okay so they're "over-rated" in your mind and yet they would be the inspiration and template for your favorite rappers and most of todays rappers in general... so your whole argument is flawed.
 07-09-2009, 05:48 AM         #304
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
^^^ Can mothaf***ers not read? He likes the Wu, in fact he never dissed them, he simply said they're overrated. That's not a diss....



You dumb f***, learn to f***ing read... re-read what I said...
Thanks and it highlights my point of the Wu being over rated. People hear what they f***ing want.

I can't even state the Wu are over rated without people running in the thread, questioning my sanity and wrongfully a.ssuming i don't like Wu Tang or that somehow I'm dissing them.

It just shows exactly what I talk about.
 07-09-2009, 05:50 AM         #305
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 graydome said:
okay so they're "over-rated" in your mind and yet they would be the inspiration and template for your favorite rappers and most of todays rappers in general... so your whole argument is flawed.
Well it's not. Because I'm not saying their impact is over rated. I'm saying as artists they're over rated. And they are.

There is no flaw.
 07-09-2009, 06:57 AM         #306
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Well it's not. Because I'm not saying their impact is over rated. I'm saying as artists they're over rated. And they are.

There is no flaw.
well its your opinion... i just can't understand how they can be over rated when so many people imitate their styles. Its all subjective anyway,
 07-09-2009, 07:00 AM         #307
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 graydome said:
well its your opinion... i just can't understand how they can be over rated when so many people imitate their styles. Its all subjective anyway,
Over rated in that i can't even say they're over rated without being attacked by an army of people.
 8 years ago '07        #308
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
Obie
Budden
Malice
Jay
Styles
Jada
Fab
Joell Ortiz

Most consistent artist in my opinion. I know I'll get some flack about Malice but heads should listen to him for a change, his verses on Lord Willin' were pretty much all classic, flawless. HHNF wasn't too far behind lyric-wise.

some heads that arent as consistent to me be I still bang wit from time to time

Grafh
Kanye
Drag-on (oppisite of H20 only though, tbh)
Ransom
Beans
Max B (yep)

(theres really no point to my post, just would like to see who agrees/disagrees)


Last edited by Eddie..; 07-09-2009 at 07:50 AM..
 07-09-2009, 08:10 AM         #309
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Disagree.
 8 years ago '07        #310
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
avatar space
space
$35,445 | Props total: 16184 16184
 graydome said:
okay so they're "over-rated" in your mind and yet they would be the inspiration and template for your favorite rappers and most of todays rappers in general... so your whole argument is flawed.
thank you...Your favorite rapper is prolly tryin to be like rakim, or Nas. Biggie or pac..almost a gaurantee
 07-09-2009, 08:48 AM         #311
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
thank you...Your favorite rapper is prolly tryin to be like rakim, or Nas. Biggie or pac..almost a gaurantee
Will you guys please stop mentioning Biggie amongst people with actual talent. It's getting frustrating now.

And your point, if you can call it that, was established about 10 pages back as non relevent.
 8 years ago '07        #312
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
 r a n c i d said:
Disagree.
with all of my post?
 07-09-2009, 09:07 AM         #313
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:
with all of my post?
Pretty much. Both in terms of consistancy and actual talent.

Don't know how you can really say Budden and Jay are two of the most consistant. Just to make reference to 2 of them.
 8 years ago '07        #314
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
 r a n c i d said:
Pretty much. Both in terms of consistancy and actual talent.

Don't know how you can really say Budden and Jay are two of the most consistant. Just to make reference to 2 of them.
Mood Music 1 was good

MM2 two was classic, 3 was just short. halfway is piff. padded room is my fav out of all, although i know it isn't considered a classic. I'm really convinced that you havent really dug into his stuff? I'm sure you will say you have, but its evident you haven't. Even his album went Gold with pump it up, even though pump it up wasn't why it sold that much lol/

Jay-Z I can kinda understand waht u mean.

He put out

Reasonable doubt
Blueprint
Black Ablum

^those are the classics.

Hard knock life, reasonable doubt, s. carter, blueprint 2 were all 1/2 tracks away from classic though? disagree?

he fell short right after his "comeback", but even the Kingdom Come was a classic IMO, he created a whole new following within the rap culture that wasn't previously touched before. Well, Run DMC tried it a few years back, but Jay made an album for ppl 35+ in age. That's unheard of in rap, and the album was nice.

I'm basing his consistency off of all of this plus he last two singles he dropped. Brooklyn we go hard seem like piff to me. His new album will prolly be along the lines of his first coupla albums
 07-09-2009, 09:21 AM         #315
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:
Mood Music 1 was good

MM2 two was classic, 3 was just short. halfway is piff. padded room is my fav out of all, although i know it isn't considered a classic. I'm really convinced that you havent really dug into his stuff? I'm sure you will say you have, but its evident you haven't. Even his album went Gold with pump it up, even though pump it up wasn't why it sold that much lol/

Jay-Z I can kinda understand waht u mean.

He put out

Reasonable doubt
Blueprint
Black Ablum

^those are the classics.

Hard knock life, reasonable doubt, s. carter, blueprint 2 were all 1/2 tracks away from classic though? disagree?

he fell short right after his "comeback", but even the Kingdom Come was a classic IMO, he created a whole new following within the rap culture that wasn't previously touched before. Well, Run DMC tried it a few years back, but Jay made an album for ppl 35+ in age. That's unheard of in rap, and the album was nice.

I'm basing his consistency off of all of this plus he last two singles he dropped. Brooklyn we go hard seem like piff to me. His new album will prolly be along the lines of his first coupla albums
What makes you think I haven't really listened to Budden? I'm listening to The Worst of Joe Budden right now.

I don't feel any of Buddens drops come close to MM2. Even to be more specific, his tracks are nowhere near consistant. He can make average garbage and in the same breath drop a brilliant song.

But for consistency? Neither Budden or Jay are close to being the most consistant artists. Both have had less than impressive CDs in relative terms.
 8 years ago '07        #316
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
 r a n c i d said:
What makes you think I haven't really listened to Budden? I'm listening to The Worst of Joe Budden right now.

^that's no where near his best work. mostly punch-tracks.

I don't feel any of Buddens drops come close to MM2. Even to be more specific, his tracks are nowhere near consistant. He can make average garbage and in the same breath drop a brilliant song.

name one tape you feel that way about out of the ones I listed, just so I can see where you're at in your mindset(or for a chuckle), or list more than one for that matter.

But for consistency? Neither Budden or Jay are close to being the most consistant artists. Both have had less than impressive CDs in relative terms.
Buddens only drop like three CD's total. Joe Budden wnet gold and wasn't bad. I'm not sure if Halfway House is a CD, but it isss good, idk wtf you're talking about. Padded Room, as I already stated, IMO goes hand-in-hand with MM2. but that' solely IMO. I just loved the whole imagery/concept in general with the whole album. not that its unprecedented or anything, but he pulled it off well.

Jay put out like 11 albums. you want them all to be classics? 9 either were or were just short, how's that NOT consistent?
 07-09-2009, 09:39 AM         #317
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well I didn't claim it was his best work.

And MM1 and 3 don't compare to MM2. Therefore he's not one of the most consistant in the game.

That doesn't mean the albums are garbage or whack. It just means they don't compare. Therefore he's not as consistant as you suggest.

And sure, if you claim Jay is one of the most consistant in the game I'd expect all of them to be at his peak level.
 07-09-2009, 10:38 AM         #318
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL, some idiot gave me hate for "bringing up 2pac".... I didn't bring him up, RANCID did, I simply replied to what he said about 2pac.... I swear, BX has a reading problem...
 8 years ago '07        #319
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,086 | Props total: 1525 1525
ok. who has made 9 good albums?

on the other hand, who has made 2 classics? theres a few, but how many have made three?

give me one album from your top 6 list of rappers that is better than padded room, except cannibus, so I can give it a listen, a.ssuming that you'll name something I never heard. I actually hoping you'll name something I never heard, so I can give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
 07-09-2009, 10:44 AM         #320
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eddie.. said:
ok. who has made 9 good albums?

on the other hand, who has made 2 classics? theres a few, but how many have made three?

give me one album from your top 6 list of rappers that is better than padded room, except cannibus, so I can give it a listen, a.ssuming that you'll name something I never heard. I actually hoping you'll name something I never heard, so I can give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being.
Lowkey - Key To the Game 2, Lowkey - Key To the Game 3, Lowkey - Dear Listener.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
146 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy