Wu Tang aren't near as good as people think

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
73 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-08-2009, 02:40 PM         #1
9319 pageviews
384 comments

r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wu Tang aren't near as good as people think

Lets discuss. Why do you think it is, that the older heads in Hip Hop have limited taste and knowledge on actual talent? Are they, like racists and xenophobes, just old and brainwashed? Is it the pseudo-talented era they were raised in that is to blame? What makes them so delusional and lacking in taste?

I can't be only one tired of these OUT DATED BANDWAGON RIDERS. Constantly overhyping past commercial rappers of the 90s; Eazy E, Ice Cube, Snoop, Pac, Big, Wu Tang, Pun, Jay Z etc

Are these people trolls posting for the sole purpose of annoying others for their own amusement... or are they genuinely so brainwashed and arrogant that they think a few nice rappers from 90s MTV is the height of the Hip Hop art form?

What can we do to educate the uneducated of past generations?image

384 comments for "Wu Tang aren't near as good as people think"

8 years ago '07        #2
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,088 | Props total: 1527 1527
 r a n c i d said:
Lets discuss. Why do you think it is, that the older heads in Hip Hop have limited taste and knowledge on actual talent? Are they, like racists and xenophobes, just old and brainwashed? Is it the pseudo-talented era they were raised in that is to blame? What makes them so delusional and lacking in taste?

I can't be only one tired of these OUT DATED BANDWAGON RIDERS. Constantly overhyping past commercial rappers of the 90s; Eazy E, Ice Cube, Snoop, Pac, Big, Wu Tang, Pun, Jay Z etc

Are these people trolls posting for the sole purpose of annoying others for their own amusement... or are they genuinely so brainwashed and arrogant that they think a few nice rappers from 90s MTV is the height of the Hip Hop art form?

What can we do to educate the uneducated of past generations?
hold up a minute brother.

even Jay arguable lives up to the hype.
 8 years ago '07        #3
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,088 | Props total: 1527 1527
and pun too.

yea, you're about to get a lot of hate for this lol
 8 years ago '05        #4
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
never felt the WU...i just let it be what it is tho....

just aint my style...
 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM         #5
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:

What can we do to educate the uneducated of past generations?

If anyone is the ethnocentric troll, it's yourself.
 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM         #6
SmooveDude  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
personally i dont think pun, eazy and cube is as talented as the others you names

i think jayz was more polished in the 2000's so i dont really consider him a 90's rapper but pac had albums that showed he was serious in the booth.....i just wish big coulda came out with more albums to solidify where he really stands
 07-08-2009, 02:48 PM         #7
benzino 4 life  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
threadstarter lost
i agree that wu tang aint that good
but u ethered urself by callin eazy e a commercial rapper
 8 years ago '07        #8
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,589 | Props total: 5328 5328
 Gm0ney85 said:
never felt the WU...i just let it be what it is tho....

just aint my style...
Word, only n*ggas from that clique I rock'd with was Ghost & Meth.....
 8 years ago '05        #9
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,703 | Props total: 131 131
Not in the United States. No sir.
 07-08-2009, 02:53 PM         #10
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You people must be mentally slow. Wu Tang and NWA are f**king globally famous rappers. My Dad knows who both are and he doesn't listen to rap!

How can you say they aren't commercial? What's not commercial about being world famous.

And understand I am not saying any of these rappers are bad, even though i think one or two are. What I'm saying is they're over rated. There's a big difference between the two statements.

If there's anyone who thinks Jay isn't over rated, you better be a hermit or a wild man who lives in the woods or something and has no contact with the outside world. That's the only justification for such a silly statement. The man has millions of people running around claiming he's the GOAT. That isn't being over rated?
 8 years ago '09        #11
Ny4LiFe 
space
space
$485 | Props total: 48 48
Stick to the U.K. pal and listen to S.A.S.
 07-08-2009, 02:55 PM         #12
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ny4LiFe said:
Stick to the U.K. pal and listen to S.A.S.
We don't listen to SAS in the UK. SAS have an American fan base.
 07-08-2009, 02:55 PM         #13
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
You people must be mentally slow. Wu Tang and NWA are f**king globally famous rappers. My Dad knows who both are and he doesn't listen to rap!

How can you say they aren't commercial? What's not commercial about being world famous.

And understand I am not saying any of these rappers are bad, even though i think one or two are. What I'm saying is they're over rated. There's a big difference between the two statements.

If there's anyone who thinks Jay isn't over rated, you better be a hermit or a wild man who lives in the woods or something and has no contact with the outside world. That's the only justification for such a silly statement. The man has millions of people running around claiming he's the GOAT. That isn't being over rated?
People often a.ssociate 'commercial' with pop rap. s**t like Nelly or whatever. Obviously Wu and NWA aren't those types are artists, but they are known world wide.
 07-08-2009, 02:57 PM         #14
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
If anyone is the ethnocentric troll, it's yourself.

07-08-2009, 02:58 PM         #15
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KrayLay said:
People often a.ssociate 'commercial' with pop rap. s**t like Nelly or whatever. Obviously Wu and NWA aren't those types are artists, but they are known world wide.
Well yeah i figured that, I was just letting them know what I meant by commercial in a condescending and typically arrogant manner.

And NWA are definately those types of artists. Don't know how you could they aren't. Okay they may not be bubblegam rap. But lets be honest, gangster rap is basically pop rap these days.
 07-08-2009, 02:59 PM         #16
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think it's a generation thing, sort of like what we're going through right now. Although it's not too hard to notice lyricism, to some people "Bow Wow" and "Soulja Boy" is great and their fans would feel disrespected if we said "Nas is a lot better."

People are forgetting Hip-Hop is getting older and it's going through another phase. Right now we are in the (what I like to call) the "New Age." Rappers like Wu-Tang are apart of the "Old Age" which ended in the late 90s after the murders of 2pac and Biggie. The "New Age is currently being taken over by the "Gay Age" which contains rappers like Soulja Boy and Hurricane Chris.

I don't know about you, but it's hard to accept a rapper If he is not rapping like the rappers I grew up with. But I was raised in the "Old Age" and people told me this was good music, but as I got older I accepted the "New Age." I can see both sides of the argument, but now that my brain has rested on what I like, I refuse to accept anything that is different.
 07-08-2009, 03:01 PM         #17
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Well yeah i figured that, I was just letting them know what I meant by commercial in a condescending and typically arrogant manner.

And NWA are definately those types of artists. Don't know how you could they aren't. Okay they may not be bubblegam rap. But lets be honest, gangster rap is basically pop rap these days.

Word, because NWA STAY rapping these days. 20 years ago that s**t wasn't pop rap. Are you f**king kidding me?
 8 years ago '09        #18
Ny4LiFe 
space
space
$485 | Props total: 48 48
OB4CL
Ironman
Supreme Clientele
Liquid Swords
36 Chambers
Wu-Forever
Tical
Uncontrolled Substance

Just those right there are 1000 times better than any album that's dropped this year. I can't fathom how you people listen to this tight jeans f*g**t rap era. But to each his own. But don't tell me that the Wu aren't that ill or they're whack. Cause their catalog blows most rappers and groups out the water.

Last edited by Ny4LiFe; 07-08-2009 at 03:05 PM..
 07-08-2009, 03:02 PM         #19
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:

you are defintely showing your age with this ignorant a.ss response.....
 07-08-2009, 03:03 PM         #20
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
you are defintely showing your age with this ignorant a.ss response.....
Once I saw that s**t..... lol. That was a real knee-slapper.
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
75 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
115 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
124 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
111 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy