What happened with AND1 and streetball?

most viewed right now
 147
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 88
Drake- Iím Upset
347 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
Gillie The Kid Goes Off Talking Bout Pusha T. Vs Drake, & Quentin Miller
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #1
25314 pageviews
37 comments


D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,907 | Props total: 1012 1012
What happened with AND1 and streetball?
 

 
That s**t just fell off the face of the earth really. I remember back when AND 1 was running s**t, everyone wanted to be a street baller. Had old gym teachers trying to cross up like Hot Sauce and AO and stuff.

Do they still do the AND 1 tour and all that, or did they just give it up?

Prolly could have looked it up, but I guess would be a decent topic for discussion image


Last edited by D.A.R.S.; 07-02-2009 at 11:46 PM..

37 comments for "What happened with AND1 and streetball?"

 9 years ago '08        #2
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
avatar space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7941 7941
its played out
 9 years ago '04        #3
twondog22 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,221 | Props total: 0 0
s**t was probably losin mad money them arenas was never even 20% full .
 9 years ago '04        #4
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,907 | Props total: 1012 1012
Yeah, I went to a couple of shows, one here in Miami and one at Madison Square Garden, both in 04...The Garden show was probably 75% full which was crazy. The Miami show had like 400 people in attendance lol
 9 years ago '04        #5
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,757 | Props total: 4592 4592
And1 pretty much tossed away all of their old players like Main Event, Shane, AO, etc..
They went to another tour called Ball4real..

Nobody went to either tour and they both flopped.

I remember I used to have every mixtape and season of And1 streetball on ESPN.
s**t was nice for a minute.
 9 years ago '04        #6
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts OP
space
avatar space
space
$10,907 | Props total: 1012 1012
 str8_akademiks said:
And1 pretty much tossed away all of their old players like Main Event, Shane, AO, etc..
They went to another tour called Ball4real..

Nobody went to either tour and they both flopped.

I remember I used to have every mixtape and season of And1 streetball on ESPN.
s**t was nice for a minute.
I got the Streetball Seasons on clearance when I worked at Circuit City like 2 years ago. Used to think those were the s**t back then.

I don't even see AND1 shoes/clothes anymore either. Did they close their doors?
 9 years ago '05        #7
Salazar10033 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,132 | Props total: 12 12
 D.A.R.S. said:
I got the Streetball Seasons on clearance when I worked at Circuit City like 2 years ago. Used to think those were the s**t back then.

I don't even see AND1 shoes/clothes anymore either. Did they close their doors?
i use to rock the And 1's. when Vince came out with them on. the ones with half blue suede and half white leather. and the bball shorts use to be nice. i remember i use to ball with a dude who had the logo tatted on his leg. hahaha

R.I.P And 1

wonder wat The Professor is up to.........
 9 years ago '07        #8
th3ptassassin15 
space
space
space
$1,089 | Props total: 10 10
just got old. the same thing all the time. just basically entertainment. the and 1 guys started losing to the open run teams once and a while. just lost its luster. guys more worried about doing tricks then trying to make it to the league, and always complaining about how they should be in the league and starting. none of those guys except maybe 2 or three would make the league. always hated on skip. I loved watching streetball when it first started coming on, then they got all these new guys, always f!ghting each other, coach thought he knew everything and he didnt even coach.
 9 years ago '06        #9
jj01 
space
avatar space
space
$46,761 | Props total: 7955 7955
the black on black post games were my s**t
 9 years ago '09        #10
TheG1ftedOne 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,184 | Props total: 45 45
Once professor became the main "n*gga" on streetball it was a wrap... I liked it when it was Alimoe, Flash (RIP), Headache, AO, Hot Sauce, Main Event, 1/2 Man, 50, AO, etc... but i was f**kin wit streetball til 2006 when Air up there was on there then when he left i just stopped watchin it
 9 years ago '07        #11
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$40,212 | Props total: 5350 5350
my man fridge was 1 of tha last dudes to be on it.he played his contract out an after that he said it was a wrap.tha last few dudes who won got 100 grand contracts he said
 9 years ago '07        #12
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,405 | Props total: 10379 10379
I had da starbury and1's winter of 96...it was either u had those or the first AI'S wit the frost blue toe part of da sneaker
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '05        #13
DatKidDex 
space
avatar space
space
$4,153 | Props total: 436 436
 Cambury said:
I had da starbury and1's winter of 96...it was either u had those or the first AI'S wit the frost blue toe part of da sneaker
Posted via Mobile Device
i had them the white jawns wit that reflecter outline and the blue tip AI's
 9 years ago '09        #14
Knowledgeable 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$12,481 | Props total: 6328 6328
 TheG1ftedOne said:
Once professor became the main "n*gga" on streetball it was a wrap... I liked it when it was Alimoe, Flash (RIP), Headache, AO, Hot Sauce, Main Event, 1/2 Man, 50, AO, etc... but i was f**kin wit streetball til 2006 when Air up there was on there then when he left i just stopped watchin it



I agree with you on this one. I sue to watch back in the day faithfully then it got played out.
 9 years ago '05        #15
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,140 | Props total: 1482 1482
 D.A.R.S. said:
Yeah, I went to a couple of shows, one here in Miami and one at Madison Square Garden, both in 04...The Garden show was probably 75% full which was crazy. The Miami show had like 400 people in attendance lol
miami.. thats how the heat games be looking to.. even after they ship... people partying fuc that s**t lol
 9 years ago '04        #16
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$11,458 | Props total: 597 597
Alimoe is a nyc legend,that n*gga was DUMB NICE
 9 years ago '07        #17
CadillacVyse 1018 heat pts1018
space
avatar space
space
$28,732 | Props total: 20989 20989

[video - click to view]


Favorite moment right here...
R.I.P. And 1
 9 years ago '06        #18
bassy 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,977 | Props total: 167 167
I played against these cats 4-5 years ago at Asheville High School.

They had some tour with most of the And1 cats, but it wasn't an official And1 tour.
I can't really remember everybody who played on their side but they had Hot Sauce (Who was an hour late), Helicopter & a bunch of other familiar faces.

It was their squad against the best of Asheville, we got beat pretty bad. lol
But I held my own (Caught a dunk, some nice moves), I remember Hot Sauce throwing the ball between this one kids legs & then throwing the ball into the stands, had everybody going crazy.
On the very next play I threw the ball off some n*ggas face & threw the ball in the stands. lol


Last edited by bassy; 07-03-2009 at 07:25 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #19
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
I got the first couple tapes (VHS), then I lost interest. It was entertaining until every young cat tried to pull off those illegal moves at the local park or rec center. We trying to play a real basketball game while dudes dancing around with the ball in his shirt. That was it.
 9 years ago '07        #20
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 20 20
 wheezyfbaby said:
I got the first couple tapes (VHS), then I lost interest. It was entertaining until every young cat tried to pull off those illegal moves at the local park or rec center. We trying to play a real basketball game while dudes dancing around with the ball in his shirt. That was it.
lmao word...that whole movement made sick..n*ggas rocking head bands on the court and s**t..i know cats had em before but its like the s**t got real wi99erish after awhile..its hard to explain..like black dudes that dress like wi99ers if thats possible..just too much extra s**t

maf**kas c-walking while the ball rolling next to them s**t..i got tired of that s**t
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 35
McDonald's customers suing for $5M over unwanted Quarter Pounder cheese
18 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 33
#bigbreasttwitter
64 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
101 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 22
Tiffany haddish dirty nails
43 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are Californiaís Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
NBA LeBron James Begins Oddly Timed Renovation Of His $23 Million LA Crib
28 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
"I don't have to argue about how real I am" - Pusha T
125 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside What streaming on Twitch has done to my life :wadesad:
61 comments
20 hours ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy