Allen Iverson: I'm a Free Agent, healthy again, and capable of signing with any team.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
134 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #241
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
For you guys to say something like AI ain't top 50 all time is hilarious.

For those who say that. Tell me 50 better players with these accomplishments.

* NCAA Big East Rookie Of The Year (1995)
* 2× NCAA Big East Defensive Player Of The Year (1995, 1996)
* NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)
* NBA All-Star Rookie Game Most Valuable Player (1997)
* 1997 NBA All-Rookie Team
* NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
* 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2001, 2005)
* 3× All-NBA First Team
* 3× All-NBA Second Team
* 10× NBA All-Star
* 3× Steals leader (2001, 2002, 2003)
* 7× All-NBA selection
* 4× NBA scoring champion (1999, 2001, 2002, 2005)

Not to mention 27/6/4 at only 6'0 over a 13 year career.

Looks like a top 50 player to me...

Last edited by kakish; 07-03-2009 at 07:14 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #242
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
 Iverson The God said:
i think its time iverson got his own discussion thread :agreement6:
I gotta agree. With like 2 new Iverson threads every day it's ridiculous.
 8 years ago '04        #243
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
$7,723 | Props total: 169 169
 kakish said:
For you guys to say something like AI ain't top 50 all time is hilarious.

For those who say that. Tell me 50 better players with these accomplishments.

* NCAA Big East Rookie Of The Year (1995)
* 2× NCAA Big East Defensive Player Of The Year (1995, 1996)
* NBA Rookie of the Year (1997)
* NBA All-Star Rookie Game Most Valuable Player (1997)
* 1997 NBA All-Rookie Team
* NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)
* 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2001, 2005)
* 3× All-NBA First Team
* 3× All-NBA Second Team
* 10× NBA All-Star
* 3× Steals leader (2001, 2002, 2003)
* 7× All-NBA selection
* 4× NBA scoring champion (1999, 2001, 2002, 2005)

Not to mention 27/6/4 at only 6'0 over a 13 year career.

Looks like a top 50 player to me...

dead.
 8 years ago '04        #244
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
Iverson/wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 8 years ago '08        #245
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 DHARMA said:
Allen Iverson in not even Top 100 NBA players of all time.
he even made it in big letters
 8 years ago '07        #246
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
 franchise said:

dead.
Too bad this list was made before Ivo even played a game in the NBA...
 8 years ago '08        #247
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 kakish said:
Too bad this list was made before Ivo even played a game in the NBA...
:owned:
 8 years ago '04        #248
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
he wouldnt make the list regardless of when it was made. u can add another 50 and he wouldnt make that one either.
 8 years ago '07        #249
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
 franchise said:
he wouldnt make the list regardless of when it was made. u can add another 50 and he wouldnt make that one either.
In your opinion...
 8 years ago '05        #250
GodGaveMeStyle 
space
space
$671 | Props total: 4 4
Wow...after readig these posts I've noticed there are ALOT of dumb people here that no nothing about basketball. Hating on AI and saying he a bum is just plain retarded.
Lets just look at his 13 year career stats:

27.1ppg, 6.2apg, 2.2spg, 3.7rpg, 3.61to

So for 13years in NBA, thats INCLUDING the horrible year he had with Pistons, he is STILL putting up great numbers. He is under 6ft, is actually 5'11, and putting up numbers like that being that small. Took 76ers to NBA Finals basically single handedly, an All Star, on all-time league leaders list in....I dont know...points, a.ssists, stealing, minutes. Dang! That's incredible when I see that. But somehow, people that aint even in the NBA and don't know anything about it call him a "bum".

Forgot to mention he did score a career high 60 points back in '05, so pretty late in his career. Also didn't he score 51 points and have 8 a.ssist against the the Lakers, Kobe guarding him, back in either '06 or '07? Dang. That's even later in his career.

Dismantled Detriot? That is must retarded thing I heard. They got dismantled when they got rid of Billups. It's own GM dismantled them. They got AI because 1 year deal for money you idiot.

"Bring it every night"...obviously he does with those numbers. He a play the passing lanes defeder and does it well. So no defense...that is iffy. Eveybody knows he isn't a 1on1 defender, he thrives off passin lanes. Doesn't run plays...hmm...how is that possible if he also thrives off running off screens. Plays have to happen then.

Well...that's enough for now. Justreading dumb people comments are amusing but fustrating at the same time. Plain and simple...how undersized he is for NBA, 13 year career with 27ppg and 6apg numbers...need I say more?!?
 8 years ago '06        #251
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
Funny how AI's number 16 on the scoring list yet people are saying he's not in the NBA's Top 100 to ever do it.

He's not a perfect person, (I was reading that article when he was with the Nuggets) but clearly you can't deny his career.
 8 years ago '04        #252
franchise 60 heat pts60
space
space
points arent everything, and im not saying AI is a bum or was a bum in his career.

what i am saying is that you AI fanboys are sleeping on a number of great fuccking players and hall of famers. just because a hall of famer played before you were born, doesnt mean AI is better
 8 years ago '08        #253
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 GodGaveMeStyle said:
Wow...after readig these posts I've noticed there are ALOT of dumb people here that no nothing about basketball. Hating on AI and saying he a bum is just plain retarded.
Lets just look at his 13 year career stats:

27.1ppg, 6.2apg, 2.2spg, 3.7rpg, 3.61to

So for 13years in NBA, thats INCLUDING the horrible year he had with Pistons, he is STILL putting up great numbers. He is under 6ft, is actually 5'11, and putting up numbers like that being that small. Took 76ers to NBA Finals basically single handedly, an All Star, on all-time league leaders list in....I dont know...points, a.ssists, stealing, minutes. Dang! That's incredible when I see that. But somehow, people that aint even in the NBA and don't know anything about it call him a "bum".

Forgot to mention he did score a career high 60 points back in '05, so pretty late in his career. Also didn't he score 51 points and have 8 a.ssist against the the Lakers, Kobe guarding him, back in either '06 or '07? Dang. That's even later in his career.

Dismantled Detriot? That is must retarded thing I heard. They got dismantled when they got rid of Billups. It's own GM dismantled them. They got AI because 1 year deal for money you idiot.

"Bring it every night"...obviously he does with those numbers. He a play the passing lanes defeder and does it well. So no defense...that is iffy. Eveybody knows he isn't a 1on1 defender, he thrives off passin lanes. Doesn't run plays...hmm...how is that possible if he also thrives off running off screens. Plays have to happen then.

Well...that's enough for now. Justreading dumb people comments are amusing but fustrating at the same time. Plain and simple...how undersized he is for NBA, 13 year career with 27ppg and 6apg numbers...need I say more?!?

Style bringing some ownage in this thread.. :dancingcool::dancingcool:
 8 years ago '06        #254
jj01 
space
space
$44,961 | Props total: 4682 4682
he's a selfish bastard and doesnt get others involved but i would still give him top 50 all time.
 8 years ago '05        #255
GodGaveMeStyle 
space
space
Oh and I forot a career .425 FG%

That's number for those that say he takes alot of shots and ball hog and had nerve to talk to some people and say he shoots bad percentages too...wow...about 43% of shots he puts up over 13 year career is a horrible percentage to people. Retarded. That's better then 3/4 people in NBA.
 8 years ago '07        #256
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,388 | Props total: 13051 13051
 GodGaveMeStyle said:
Oh and I forot a career .425 FG%

That's number for those that say he takes alot of shots and ball hog and had nerve to talk to some people and say he shoots bad percentages too...wow...about 43% of shots he puts up over 13 year career is a horrible percentage to people. Retarded. That's better then 3/4 people in NBA.
the worst team in the league shot 44.1% last year. who's retarded? the league average is significantly higher than 42.5%, meaning on average, everybody else scores more efficiently than that. there is no way in hell u can use that number as support for iverson . u just tried to bring it up pre-emptively before anybody else mentioned it and play it off. since u mention it, 42.5% would have tied iverson with roger mason at 104th out of 119 players who qualified over last season, which is actually a little better than his actual position of 108th with 41.7%. during no season or stretch of seasons is 42.5% anything to hang ur hat on. it is completely indefensible .

Last edited by joshdogg26; 07-04-2009 at 01:56 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #257
GodGaveMeStyle 
space
space
Team? Could've sworn was talking about just one person...hmm...maybe I didn't establish that fact then for you.

Only thing you could say is 42% is not better then 3/4 players in NBA. Jus to throw some random peope out that I just looked up and thier percentages:

Gilbert Arenas- .427 (8 year career)
Raja Bell- .440 (9 year career)
Vince Carter- .447 (10 year career)
Baron Davis- .409 (10 year career)
Jason Kidd- .402 (15 year career)
Tracy McGrady- .436 (12 year career)
Stephon Marbury- .433 (13 year career)

Lets see...looking at them...AI murders most of them in ppg while still having close to same percentage. Also could've SWORN I stated "career" and clearly said "13 years" as in the most important part to look at. It's called context clues son.

About only thing about your post I like is your pick of D Wade, my favorite player in the NBA and the best player in the NBA this season.
 8 years ago '05        #258
GodGaveMeStyle 
space
space
Oh and before somebody else tries to get at me I put his turnovers per game up to. Because it is a stat and aint gonna just put all the stuff that's good about him because he is turnover pron.

There is alil somthing for you joshdogg to bit on and comeback with something stupid.
 8 years ago '07        #259
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,388 | Props total: 13051 13051
 GodGaveMeStyle said:
Team? Could've sworn was talking about just one person...hmm...maybe I didn't establish that fact then for you.

Only thing you could say is 42% is not better then 3/4 players in NBA. Jus to throw some random peope out that I just looked up and thier percentages:

Gilbert Arenas- .427 (8 year career)
Raja Bell- .440 (9 year career)
Vince Carter- .447 (10 year career)
Baron Davis- .409 (10 year career)
Jason Kidd- .402 (15 year career)
Tracy McGrady- .436 (12 year career)
Stephon Marbury- .433 (13 year career)

Lets see...looking at them...AI murders most of them in ppg while still having close to same percentage. Also could've SWORN I stated "career" and clearly said "13 years" as in the most important part to look at. It's called context clues son.

About only thing about your post I like is your pick of D Wade, my favorite player in the NBA and the best player in the NBA this season.
r u serious with that list? bell and kidd rn't even scorers, baron and gil r chuck artists, and vince shoots better. the only 2 that r even close to comparable r mcgrady and marbury and they still manage to shoot better, not to mention marbury manages to be more of a true point than iverson while doing so.

team FG% was used cuz the league average isn't available to me so that's the closest i could get. the point that illustrates is that if iverson's 20 or so shots per game were reallocated, on average the rest of the league would convert more of them into points and score more efficiently. let me know where i lost u. now ur gonna say "oh but that ONE year the '01 philly team would have been trash!" i know, they had no other ball handlers. if u were to remove iverson and replace him with a comparable salary (cuz simply removing 20 mil would leave the team with the cap of an expansion team) they'd be just fine a la philly or denver after trading iverson for more traditional points who could move the ball instead of holding it for 23 seconds.

i know u stated 13 years, which is why i said:

joshdogg26 said:
42.5% would have tied iverson with roger mason at 104th out of 119 players who qualified over last season, which is actually a little better than his actual position of 108th with 41.7%. during no season or stretch of seasons is 42.5% anything to hang ur hat on.
if u have access to the numbers, go ahead and see where 42.5% would place u each of the last 13 seasons. i a.ssure u it will always be near the end of the pack amongst players who qualify. how could that possibly be a good thing? he's been shooting poorly for a long time? at least that's consistent? i think u misunderstand what people think of iverson. iverson is talented and it's impressive that he's been able to play in this league and do some of the things he's done, but he does not play a brand of winning basketball and it has been crippling to team success in all but one miracle year during which he had the perfect blend of talent and coaching to allow his style of play to flourish.
 8 years ago '05        #260
GodGaveMeStyle 
space
space
That list wa sjust random people I looked up that were in NBA around 10years or so. So don't think I'm really trying to compare talent level and ish son.

My point is simple...it's obvious that most people shoot on average 40% range, whether high or low 40% range. Iverson does that while still being undersized and more ppg. Let's face it...just like on that list he murders Kidd and he averages about 11ppg, I don't know. Just imagine him averaging 27ppg...his FG% would be alot less, in my opinion. That is my argument son. That the average a person as in ppg and FG%, think of him getting Iversons ppg and I truely believe that persons FG% would be if not equal then less son.

I don't misunderstand wat people think about him. He is selfish but still has talent to compete with the best. Peoplearen't just saying I wouldn't buil a team around hm and ish but saying he a bum an garbage. That's just disrecpectful for a 5'11 person in NBA, not to mention no one here is in NBA, and putting up Hall of Fame calibar numbers.

And ofcourse Marbuy did more as a point...didn't he come in as a point guard and play that position in his career? Iverson played shooting guard and they wanted him to play point because how undersized he is. It is hard to adjust and play a different position after you used to and comfortabe and have great success at one position son.

I hear what you saying and like I said before, you got me on the 3/4 league comment. And you aint lose me son.

Good convo none the less with you son. And between...Baron is nice son. Just shame with his injuries.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
151 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
74 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
18 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago