Ron Artest tells CBSSports he will be signing with Lakers.

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
407 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #161
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
 Maroon_Tiger said:
SOMETHING has to be done in 2010 to stop this...... wade, lebron, amare, bosh... make a superteam

p.s. i know yao and tmac are probably going to k!ll themselves... their careers are over
lmao...
 8 years ago '04        #162
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
that would be a great signing of the Lakers- period.
 8 years ago '08        #163
primetime 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 braided_uppimp said:
we going see, time is in Kobe's hand...Mike is done with, Kobe is still playing Kobe can still redefine s**t..we going see
yes we will :agreement6:
 8 years ago '07        #164
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 KeepinItTrill said:
bruh

honestly

did you expect him to stay in that s**thole of a situation in Houston?

T-Mac stays hurt, Yao's career is in jeopardy, and he wants to win

Houston is a bad situation right now for any player because of the non-guaranteed future of Yao

and stop with the tough guy talk, you aint finna do s**t to nobody. I know you just ventin' but don't come off as a dumbass
If you know I'm just ventin and playin around... then why are you taking it so literal? I'm shootin the breeze man, off the whim like we used to do in the school yard, lighten the f**k up and enjoy your addition.

I don't expect anything from anyone but me. He's gone, it's over... all I know is I'ma Rocket 4 life. So if you don't wanna play for us... then f**k ya... it's that simple. That's how I see it... as a life long fan of the team. I'm not looking at it from no damn unbiased ESPN analyst (or Laker) stand point. I want the best for my team, fans are selfish... that's the nature of the beast. So... I look forward to next season and 2010... that is all.

Brooks... let's get it!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #165
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
 youngskits718 said:
yo I woke up to hear the news. that's crazy. i'm interested to see how it works out

i wish we coulda just kept the same team. its goin to be interesting to see how artest fits into the triangle

hopefully we stay level headed

smh @ ariza possibly goin to the cavs
ariza goin to the rockets son.. he f**ked up...goin from a championship team to a lottery team without yao for a couple mil
 8 years ago '04        #166
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456

After Kobe Bryant and Ron Artest got into that "war of words" in March back in Houston, I asked Kobe what he really thought of Artest.

"We're friends," Kobe said, "I like him a lot--like his game--always have."

Then he told me a story that makes today's news--Artest is supposedly on his way to LA for three years, $18 million--very likely to happen.

Kobe said that after the Lakers lost game six of the '08 NBA Finals in Boston by 39 points, he was alone in the shower, just fuming. He heard somebody walk in and a.ssumed it was one of his teammates, or maybe a staff member. Instead, he looked up, and it was Ron Artest (to this day, Kobe has no idea how Artest got into the locker room).

"I want to come help you," Artest said. "If I can, I'm going to find a way to come to LA and give you the help you need to win a title."

Kobe didn't think much of it, especially since Artest still had a year left on his deal with the Rockets, and that the Lakers were returning an entire team that had just won the Western Conference. Plus, players talk like that a lot, and it's just talk. But it struck Kobe as a nice gesture, especially since he had just been hammered by the Celtics and nobody was saying much of anything. Kobe told me that the perception a lot of people have of Artest is wrong.

"He competes....every night, every play," Kobe said. "I've known him since high school and he's always been like that."

Kobe found it strange that some people in the media were portraying he and Artest as enemies.

"He wants to win as much as I do...and I respect him--a lot."

When you consider that Artest and Lamar Odom grew up playing together in New York, this move makes a ton of sense. Artest gets to play with two good friends, for a coach that has always spoken highly of him.

Over the years, I've often asked Phil Jackson specifically about Artest's "colorful" nature. Phil never takes the bait, always shifting the conversation to something about how competitive Artest always is. He speaks of Artest the same way he speaks of Dennis Rodman. You'll rarely hear Phil comment on how weird Rodman was, just that he adjusted to the team culture once he came to town. I imagine that if the Artest deal goes through, he'll treat Ron much the same way.

By the way, if the rumored deal was to go through, it leaves the Lakers with even more money to keep Odom. Think about this: they would be getting Artest for less money than Charlie Villanueva just signed for in Detroit. Trust me, there isn't anybody who knows basketball who would rather have Villanueva than Artest. The only downside to this deal is that the it leaves no room on the roster for Trevor Ariza, who was been fantastic in his time with the Lakers. But truth be told, Ariza and Artest play the same position, and Ariza didn't want to play for that money. ESPN is already reporting that Ariza has agreed to sign in Houston to replace Artest.

Final note: none of this is done. League rules don't allow any players to sign free agent contracts until next week, and a lot can happen between now and then. But based on what I know about Artest and the way he feels about the Lakers, I'd say it's more likely to happen than not.
Per John Ireland
 8 years ago '04        #167
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
lets go get odom and we in good shape, the nba looks to be entertaining as hell next year
nba>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nfl, mlb,any other sport
 8 years ago '07        #168
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
f**kKKKK that sucks so much. Thats an unbelievable pickup for LA
 07-02-2009, 09:36 PM         #169
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wepainters said:
yes we will :agreement6:
u know u like Kobe n*gga
 8 years ago '06        #170
Bedlam 
space
space
$4,630 | Props total: 1 1
I casually root for the Lakers and I don't really like this signing... Artest isn't that great.
 8 years ago '07        #171
Pass The Dutchi 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,118 | Props total: 1371 1371
this is a huge b***h move. artest catches elbows in the throat and wants to suck kobes d**k for it.
 07-02-2009, 10:02 PM         #172
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
the 09 lakers should be close to 72 games....after what lebron was able to do with his supporting cast or lack there of..
ya'll did that s**t in the East, playing against Bucks/Raptors and teams like that..wow it's easy...but i think about 65-70 games is cool, regular season dont mean s**t, they just want to win some titles
 8 years ago '04        #173
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
This is real right ? Please tell me this aint a dream
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #174
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,256 | Props total: 2706 2706
If Odom resigns there, its not even fair... Just give the lakers the trophy already and lets skip to 2010 offseason...
 07-02-2009, 10:15 PM         #175
yourdad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he was just on sportscenter.
 8 years ago '04        #176
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
I hope Artest goes to L.A and f**ks up the chemistry :applause::applause::applause:

But if not and he plays the way we all know he can, this won't even be fair.

If the Celtics get Sheed though and everyone is healthy, Lakers aint seeing them.

And f**k yall, the Nuggets got Ty Lawson :applause: we makin moves baby. Don't count us out.
 07-02-2009, 10:40 PM         #177
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AnthonyCruz said:
I hope Artest goes to L.A and f**ks up the chemistry :applause::applause::applause:

But if not and he plays the way we all know he can, this won't even be fair.

If the Celtics get Sheed though and everyone is healthy, Lakers aint seeing them.

And f**k yall, the Nuggets got Ty Lawson :applause: we makin moves baby. Don't count us out.
lol i think Lakers surpassed Celtics, u just hating, we have someone that can focus on shutting Pierce down now..stop hating fam
 8 years ago '05        #178
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
the Laker haters are PISSED right now.
 8 years ago '07        #179
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 I'm The Dan said:
the Laker haters are PISSED right now.
Not anymore... we got ARIZA!!!!...

:sad5:
 8 years ago '07        #180
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,200 | Props total: 15027 15027
 Bleezy said:
Not anymore... we got ARIZA!!!!...

:sad5:
that sad smiley cracks me the f**k up for some reason
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy