Ron Artest tells CBSSports he will be signing with Lakers.

most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
190 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
74 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-02-2009, 06:47 PM         #81
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'M F*CKING ECSTATIC RIGHT NOW!!!! Pleaze LET US GET THE B*TCHA$$ CELTICS IN THE FINALS NEXT YEAR!!!!
 8 years ago '06        #82
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,781 | Props total: 2260 2260
Tevor Ariza's agent, David Lee, has officially been Mitch-Slapped
 8 years ago '05        #83
awdyo1 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 468 468
Time to celebrate...

Someone pass me an L - and I don't even smoke
 8 years ago '04        #84
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455

Free-agent forward Ron Artest says he's leaving the Houston Rockets to join the Los Angeles Lakers.

In a text message to ESPN.com on Thursday night, Artest wrote: "I am happy to say I am goin' to L.A."

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that Artest and the Lakers have reached a verbal agreement on what is believed to be a three-year contract worth an estimated $18 million. Wednesday is the first day free agents are permitted to sign new deals.

Artest's decision was first reported by CBSSports.com. The mercurial swingman was initially courted by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

In his text message, Artest said that he met Thursday with Lakers owner Jerry Buss and had spoken to coach Phil Jackson about the move to Los Angeles, where Artest has been spending his offseasons.

Artest's forthcoming arrival strongly suggests that unrestricted free agent Trevor Ariza -- who played such a pivotal run in the Lakers' championship run -- is bound to leave the team. Broussard reported Wednesday that, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations, Ariza was likely to leave the Lakers for a new team because L.A. was reluctant to sign him to a contract starting above the league's $5.6 million mid-level exception, even after Ariza's postseason success.

Ariza has been courted by numerous teams, including Cleveland, and met Thursday in Las Vegas with Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey to possibly swap spots with Artest.
 8 years ago '06        #85
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
 modalee81 said:
 07-02-2009, 06:53 PM         #86
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
let's make a bet now.... anyone think we gon go 82-0????

or just a 70 win season??? or maybe an 80 win season??? lol
 07-02-2009, 06:56 PM         #87
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee81 said:

[pic - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #88
Mayhem 
space
space
space
$995 | Props total: 0 0
3 years 18 million
 8 years ago '06        #89
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
Game Set Match...All we need is Lamar and its a 75 win season and a repeat!
 07-02-2009, 06:57 PM         #90
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ESPN finally reporting...

8 years ago '04        #91
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,408 | Props total: 3455 3455
 modalee81 said:
Pretty much...

I'm still in awe at how this jackass was able to run his own agent out of his hometown.

f**king retard.
 07-02-2009, 06:58 PM         #92
FLAfynestshawti 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Knowledgeable said:
Yep I agree. Losing gortat would be huge, and I think hedo caused more matchup problems for defenders with his ability to get other players involved. Vince has a tendecy to starting chunking it up at times and that to me would be a huge concern. I mean don't get me wrong he can get you 30 on any given night, but can he get others involved like hedo is the bigger question.
yea... orlando is a team that swings to both extremes constantly. a lot of times it seems like if one person is off, then the whole team gets out of rhythm and vice versa. hedo has that ability to get the whole team involved even when he's off by opening shots for his teammates, but streakiness can make or break a season which is exactly what we saw in the playoffs. more moves need to be made though considering what teams in our conference are trying to do. i really hope they can talk sheed into coming down here, thats a scorer we can use and another defensive presence that we need. move lewis to the 3, sheed at the 4, vc at the 2, nelson at point, that would be GREAT!
 8 years ago '04        #93
Mayhem 
space
space
space
$995 | Props total: 0 0
He is signing for 3 years 18 million..a f**kin steal.
 8 years ago '06        #94
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,781 | Props total: 2260 2260
its a f**king steal we got him short term for a good price. Mitch is a genius. Now the Lakers need to put all their effort into getting Odom signed.
 8 years ago '04        #95
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,328 | Props total: 2733 2733
 Knowledgeable said:
Yep I agree. Losing gortat would be huge, and I think hedo caused more matchup problems for defenders with his ability to get other players involved. Vince has a tendecy to starting chunking it up at times and that to me would be a huge concern. I mean don't get me wrong he can get you 30 on any given night, but can he get others involved like hedo is the bigger question.

Have you ever seen hedo play. He chucks shot worst than vince. And he is highly turnover prone and lacks B-ball IQ. Dude is a decent passer and is average at creating his own shot but he was very very inconsistent. Hedo is basically a poor man Lamar odom except lamar is more consistent, and we dont even know which Lamar odom shows up in game to game.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 07-02-2009 at 07:02 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #96
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
Mitch Kupchak should get GM OF THE DECADE award.
 8 years ago '07        #97
Jace Luv 
space
space
$722 | Props total: 6 6
 YOUNGZERO said:
And if we had to choose between ARIZA or ODOM.....

WE HAVE TO GO FOR ODOM.
Odom isn't going anywhere else, now that Artest is a Laker.. :applause:
 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM         #98
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3 years 18 million and 3 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
 8 years ago '07        #99
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
$92,299 | Props total: 69866 69866
ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard reports that Artest and the Lakers have reached a verbal agreement on what is believed to be a three-year contract worth an estimated $18 million.

stolen!!!! *nba jam voice*
 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM         #100
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Maximum said:
artest fell off lol lakers stupid not to resign ariza watch artest and kobe not get to the 2nd round :greetings10:
f**kouttahere

you know what is funny about that? wasn't Artest s**tting on Ariza for the most part of that series between Lakers and Rockets? i really don't remember Ariza even playing well in that series

besides Artest is a better on-ball defender, stronger, better scorer because he can create his own shot, tougher he will help Lakers more than Ariza did and plus he can score in that low-post and he have way more to his game than Ariza did, Lakers struggle with teams that have good sf, Melo was cooking L.A. aswell, them days are gone
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
274 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
26 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
54 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy