Jul 1 - Young Money BET Awards Performance Sparks Controversy

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
95 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
160 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '07        #1
6631 pageviews
43 comments

Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
Jul 1 - Young Money BET Awards Performance Sparks Controversy

Sunday's BET Awards may have scored its largest audience for the network, but the event’s producers are coming under fire for a performance featuring Grammy winning rap star Lil Wayne.

The entertainer’s set, which featured fellow rapper Drake and a troupe of teenage dancers, was met with criticism from Columbia University clinical instructor Dr. Janet Taylor, who questioned BET CEO Debra Lee for green lighting Lil Wayne’s performance of his hit song “Every Girl” despite the risqué dance from the teens on stage.

“Perhaps, they are what our kids are used to. I have teenagers, girls no less, who have heard the song and like it,” Taylor told MomLogic.com while referencing the song’s lyrics. “My problem was with the preteens who were proudly onstage, shaking their groove thang to this misogynistic, disrespectful song. It was ridiculous. Debra Lee, the CEO of BET, also the mother of two children, should be asking herself who approved this and how these young girls were allowed to be a part of this 'act.'"

Taylor’s comments come days after an emotional night at the BET Awards.

Nielsen Media Research shows the Jamie Foxx-hosted show, which was dedicated to the memory of music icon Michael Jackson, was a ratings success by drawing the cable channel’s largest audience on record with an average of 10.65 million viewers.

As a result, the viewership of this year’s BET Awards was more than any other cable broadcast this year and more than any prime-time show on the major networks.

Despite this, the scholar stated how her daughters thought the rapper's performance "'was strange' and inappropriate."

"They were embarrassed for the girls. I agree," Taylor added.
Representatives have not responded to the criticism as of press time.

SRC:
[pic - click to view]

http://allhiphop.com/stor .. /21728887.aspx

43 comments for "Jul 1 - Young Money BET Awards Performance Sparks Controversy"

8 years ago '04        #2
MDz 
space
space
space
$737 | Props total: 0 0
damn
 8 years ago '08        #3
The N 467 heat pts467
space
space
$45,566 | Props total: 17216 17216
That just weird, all of these 12 year old chicks on stage
 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM         #4
Goodhope247 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah...I wondered the same thing too. Because Wayne's part wasn't and edited version. I thought that maybe it would be a little better, but the song is crazy as far what they are saying about women. Personally the girls could have stayed their tenderoni a.sses in their seats. I don't know...his performance wasn't all that anyway. He should have done successful, or something else.
 8 years ago '08        #5
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,043 | Props total: 4882 4882
drake tore his acl and his performance was just o.k. and im suprised they didnt get sued over the awards period well fined i heard alot of cursing.
 07-01-2009, 10:15 PM         #6
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i was only offended at the horrible sounding voice of wayne
 8 years ago '06        #7
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
Damn..i don't remember nothin other than that performance being one of the worst I seen.
 8 years ago '04        #8
turntabledj 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,569 | Props total: 69 69
 Goodhope247 said:
Yeah...I wondered the same thing too. Because Wayne's part wasn't and edited version. I thought that maybe it would be a little better, but the song is crazy as far what they are saying about women. Personally the girls could have stayed their tenderoni a.sses in their seats. I don't know...his performance wasn't all that anyway. He should have done successful, or something else.
that comment gets laughs for days... the performance was a.ss tho' - im from the N.O and can't defend that bullsh*t
 8 years ago '04        #9
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
I blame Toya...Wayne BM. She asked for that s**t.
 8 years ago '08        #10
TheFuckinEmpire 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,390 | Props total: 1645 1645
I was wonder wtf was goin on too.
 8 years ago '05        #11
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
 Keno024 said:
drake tore his acl and his performance was just o.k. and im suprised they didnt get sued over the awards period well fined i heard alot of cursing.
cable tv is not governed by the fcc because its paid for.. cable censors itself as a courtesy..if u ever watched the shield they said "s**t" all the time
 07-02-2009, 12:10 AM         #12
ceo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hustlehard365 said:
cable tv is not governed by the fcc because its paid for.. cable censors itself as a courtesy..if u ever watched the shield they said "s**t" all the time
:agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #13
turntabledj 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,569 | Props total: 69 69
 hustlehard365 said:
co-sign... did n*ggas forget about The Chappelle Show, now that n*gga said n*gga all the time:agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #14
YingYangTwinS 
space
space
$1,523 | Props total: 3 3
im rick james bich

LOL :hay:
 8 years ago '07        #15
ricky_peso 
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 155 155
 turntabledj said:
co-sign... did n*ggas forget about The Chappelle Show, now that n*gga said n*gga all the time:agreement6:
or the boondocks on cartoon network them n*ggas say n*gga all the time but bleep out f**k and s**t even bx do it lol see
 8 years ago '08        #16
TheFuckinEmpire 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,390 | Props total: 1645 1645
zzzzzz fools.
 07-02-2009, 08:35 AM         #17
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...man joe...i was really try'na understand why he had all them shorties on the stage..muf**kas was pre-pubescent as hell..and word..Debra Lee needs 2 of Shaq feet in he a.ss for this coonery that she's allowin on that damn network
 8 years ago '07        #18
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1114 1114
Its funny that tons of women still love this song even tho its downin them and tellin them they aint s**t but a smut f**k toy... MAws still shakin they a.sses to it in the club....
 07-02-2009, 09:50 AM         #19
LadiesMan217 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
women just mad that its actually a popular song and its about them lol...but they love dancing to it and singing it...like chris rock say "THEY AITN TALKN ABOUT ME"
 8 years ago '05        #20
ThaDonofDC 
space
space
$1,286 | Props total: 350 350
 Da Realness said:
Damn..i don't remember nothin other than that performance being one of the worst I seen.
:greetings10: i second that
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
201 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy