most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '05        #1
5648 pageviews
74 comments

Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
Boxden users with Macbooks?

i'm sure not everyone here has PC's...i'm contemplating buying one. now, is there any true reason why i should consider leaving the horribly easy software of PC and Windows for Mac OSX and Apple?

i’m pretty damn sure i could download any kinda program i set my eyes on with Windows. not everywhere has a Mac version of downloading their program, right?

and i heard you could even run XP on a Mac with that fancy little Boot Camp junk…does that even work?

someone give me some opinions!

74 comments for "Boxden users with Macbooks?"

8 years ago '06        #2
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
My opinion all depends on how much time you've got to hear it. The list of reasons to make the switch is long.

Believe it or not, the Mac OS is easier to use than a PC and you don't run into the same problems that you would with a PC. Those little errors that pop up when you want to run something on a PC don't show up AT ALL on a Mac. I have yet to have even 1 error pop up and I've had this thing for 7 months already.

When it comes to running certain software, you're right. I haven't found Mac versions of all Windows software. However, if you do decide to get the Mac, I'll pm you a website that I have that gives me software for the Mac. Plus a special software that will allow you to run Windows native programs without installing Windows.

And yes, Bootcamp does work. It works brilliantly. So far I've run XP, Vista and Windows 7 using it. And the funny thing is that I have had less issues running these OS's on the Mac than I did using them on a PC.

So yeah, if you're interested in getting a Mac, you should. It's alot easier to use, plus it's more fun. It comes bundled with great software too. And you get what you pay for (hence the reason why Windows computers act up all the time). My Mac hasn't acted up yet.
 8 years ago '04        #3
Will Branson 
space
space
$3,327 | Props total: 3 3
i would like that mac site for software can you send me a pm?

yeah my friend just got a mac book pro and i was impressed with the bootcamp.... pretty cool how you can switch between mac and windows and they both can run at the same time!

the only problem i think would be finding programs like he mentioned! thats why i asked for the site

But overall i would say that the mac book pro is worth it from my experiences with it
 8 years ago '09        #4
Borntoreign01 1 heat pts
space
space
$203 | Props total: 1 1
when I first bought my mac, first thing I noticed was how easy it was to get use to OSX. simplicity goes a long way
 8 years ago '05        #5
Rockobox 76 heat pts76 OP
space
space
 ima80baby said:
My opinion all depends on how much time you've got to hear it. The list of reasons to make the switch is long.

Believe it or not, the Mac OS is easier to use than a PC and you don't run into the same problems that you would with a PC. Those little errors that pop up when you want to run something on a PC don't show up AT ALL on a Mac. I have yet to have even 1 error pop up and I've had this thing for 7 months already.

When it comes to running certain software, you're right. I haven't found Mac versions of all Windows software. However, if you do decide to get the Mac, I'll pm you a website that I have that gives me software for the Mac. Plus a special software that will allow you to run Windows native programs without installing Windows.

And yes, Bootcamp does work. It works brilliantly. So far I've run XP, Vista and Windows 7 using it. And the funny thing is that I have had less issues running these OS's on the Mac than I did using them on a PC.

So yeah, if you're interested in getting a Mac, you should. It's alot easier to use, plus it's more fun. It comes bundled with great software too. And you get what you pay for (hence the reason why Windows computers act up all the time). My Mac hasn't acted up yet.
Yo, big props on the info. Shoot me a message with the link if you wanna.

Yeah, I've been considering getting that $999 Macbook...with the education pricing, that'll be like $50 off...but I just wanted to be sure it's worth paying almost $200 or $300 more compared to any Dell or HP laptop.

Sounds like it's very nice, though. I'll look more into it. Thank you!
 8 years ago '05        #6
Rockobox 76 heat pts76 OP
space
space
And thanks to you other guys, too. Anyone else got any stories?
 8 years ago '04        #7
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
just got the 13 inch pro... 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hard drive and it is FUEGO!!
 8 years ago '04        #8
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
I got the first Macbook that came out, the black one. Love it. Buy it with the minimum amount of ram and just go to newegg.com and max it out. Alot cheaper that way. I mainly just use my Macbook but use a PC for some stuff as well.

The names slip my mind, but there is software that lets you install windows on a non-destructive partition on your hard drive and run it in a window while still runing OS X. No need to reboot every time.
 8 years ago '98        #9
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,188 | Props total: 3570 3570
I dont like the way the mouse moves on a mac. It has something to do with how the OS calculates the curves or something like that. I loaded windows XP using bootcamp and just use windows on it from now on.
 8 years ago '04        #10
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
 ronnie said:
I dont like the way the mouse moves on a mac. It has something to do with how the OS calculates the curves or something like that. I loaded windows XP using bootcamp and just use windows on it from now on.
what's the use in having a mac then?
 8 years ago '06        #11
realgunta 703 heat pts703
space
space
$20,480 | Props total: 16235 16235
^^^exactly
 8 years ago '04        #12
young shiz 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,113 | Props total: 91 91
 AmerikanDesi589 said:
what's the use in having a mac then?
the use is that you have the choice to run whatever os you want and switch between them...
 8 years ago '98        #13
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,188 | Props total: 3570 3570
^ thats true, you can still boot in macs OS if you want to use some of their propriety software. However, I dont.. and yeah, it was a waste for me. I just got one long ago cuz it looked nicer than the rest. Plus, it had a sweet HD screen and back lit keyboard. Not to mention a thin sleep silver case. I should have bought a windows notebook.
 07-04-2009, 11:42 AM         #14
ChAtURanGa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mac's are the ish, the only problem is the internet is horrible. Very slow, but other than that, I love my mac...totally cool..
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '06        #15
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
That must be your internet connection bro. I'm currently tethered to the internet via my iPhone 3GS and I'm getting fast speeds. I'm even downloading 700 mb movies on my computer via the phone in 1 and a half hours.

That's using my phone. Call your ISP and have them fix it.

8 years ago '04        #16
HarlemzBishopJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,596 | Props total: 254 254
close thread, Mac runs this s**t. I'm on a 17 right now being real wavey. Never had a problem besides b***hes packed a.ss myspace pages lol.
 8 years ago '05        #17
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,106 | Props total: 1545 1545
I've been thinking about getting a Mac but I want to know more of the differences between them and PC. They're easy to use, thats great but I think Windows PCs are easy to use so that isn't a factor to me. I know they don't really have viruses and stuff that doesn't matter to me really either. I used them at school but thats all they had in the labs. I do web development kinda on the side as well as some graphic design and I know they're kind of good for that.

Can someone name the major differences between Mac and PC?
 8 years ago '06        #18
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
The OS doesn't crash as often.
Mac version of Windows apps that come bundled are better (plus default Mac apps are better than store bought Windows versions & almost all Mac apps are better than PC apps) Also no bloatware (bulls**t apps that come with the computer that you don't need)
Alot more stable and reliable
Doesn't require as much maintenance (reg cleaning, defragging, etc)
The OS is more secure against intrusion from virus' and s**t
Hardware and software integration is flawless (there's nothing better than an operating system that was built for one specific set of hardware. This is why no Windows computer will ever be better than a Mac. Y'all have way too many hardware manufacturers and no Windows OS is fully built for any of the hardware that they have.)
 8 years ago '06        #19
Luisc137 
space
space
$596 | Props total: 19 19
I just joined the club yesterday... got me a 13" Macbook Pro 1.53GHz
 07-08-2009, 03:25 PM         #20
Heartless Dream 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i need a new macbook

my macbook air hinge broke & sound stopped workin

sold it quickness
Home         

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
237 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
299 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
91 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy