THE OFFICIAL DRAKE DISCUSSION THREAD [Drake signs with Cash Money/Universal]

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1641
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,969 | Props total: 4994 4994
wheelchair jimmy..nah i really don't hate on him bc i enjoy his music..SLAUGHTERHOUSE k!lls jimmy all day though.

Last edited by doczdaname; 07-13-2009 at 10:15 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #1642
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,781 | Props total: 17146 17146
 Ny4LiFe said:
Cuz he's garbage. I don't f*** wit f*g rap.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 8 years ago '05        #1643
Demboyz746 
space
space
$1,569 | Props total: 103 103
exodus comment I love his show wit his brother Josh.
 8 years ago '06        #1644
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3473 3473
Cuz he's too fly to comprehend.....he just goes to whole 'nother level. It's unbearable.

[pic - click to view]

07-13-2009, 11:03 PM         #1645
Kidd Vicious 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Somebody please define "fag rap" for me... smh..
 8 years ago '07        #1646
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,329 | Props total: 21221 21221
Cuz he said I was ugly and I couldn't read good...
 8 years ago '04        #1647
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
cause he was talking about my wife in i can take your girl
 8 years ago '05        #1648
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 Get it Right said:
i cant sit down and listen to his music... illmatic = novel so far gone = children's book
Posted via Mobile Device

did U really use an Album and a Mixtape? FAIL!
 8 years ago '06        #1649
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Yeah he is way over rated. i mean I feel like he should just be another R&B n*gga instead of trying to Rap and be R&B.Wheel chair Jimmy is who he is.
 07-14-2009, 04:29 AM         #1650
Kidd Vicious 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bullack86 said:

I know rite... plain rediculous.
 8 years ago '04        #1651
Ea$e 
space
space
$6,409 | Props total: 424 424
Its simple.

He's hated on now because he's no longer a secret to the masses. It happens with damn near every artist that becomes embraced by the general population.

He's getting that radio/high-school-female love that turns n*ggaz into stars, and the talent, song writing ability, and co-sign of a lot of well respected artists.

If Thank Me Later disappoints, crucify him then.

And not liking his music is a lot different than the hate he usually receives.
Posted via Mobile Device
 8 years ago '04        #1652
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
what's funny as f*ck to me, is that drake actually has dope punchlines, metaphors, and similes throughout most of his lyrics, whether it be an R&B song or a rap song.

too bad just because he's on the radio, he gets jumbled up with all the other garbage radio rappers.

i mean, everyone has their likes and dislikes. i feel that so far gone and relapse were the two best compilations of music that came out for rap this year. everything else sucked, imo.
 8 years ago '08        #1653
TheKid21 
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 0 0
I don't hate him but he lost it for me when I saw the vid of him "freestyling" reading off the Blackberry. I know most rappers spit writtens all the time, but at least they show some effort and memorize it. This s*** just seemed so fake and corny.
 8 years ago '05        #1654
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 smokeweed101. said:
Nevermind, just noticed "best i ever had", pure school girl music. Any grown man here needs to grow a pair listening to that.

Should have just asked my girl who this dude was.
of course best I ever had sounds like that, its a single, like TI, Wayne, 50, etc. dont make songs like that?

before you judge dude on radio s***, check his real songs, Ill save u some time and link ya

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

If those aint sick to you then its str8, but these tracks s*** on 90% of what other artists are puttin out, I've got a playlist of about 40 songs that are ill as s***, I dont like his girly songs either, but some of his songs are fire...
 8 years ago '04        #1655
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
i don't hate drake i feel he is overrated and people are just clinging to him because of weezy the n*gga is hell of talented he go r&b or rap but i think he is more geared towards the females instead of making music everybody can enjoy we don't need that right now there is enough of the that right now lets get something new i thought cudi or B.O.B was gonna be it because they came in with a different kinda style B.O.B with i'll be in the sky it was fresh and cudi with day & nite it was like man these n*ggas is gonna do somethin different
but i haven't heard anything new from either since then to say that. Drake just sound like a new wayne that can sing a little i wouldn't buy a drake r&b record though.
 8 years ago '04        #1656
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
 bullack86 said:
drake has no CD to compare to so why not use his mixtape.
 07-14-2009, 11:23 AM         #1657
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how can u hate a n*gga who you personally dont know. I can understand you hate his music. n*ggas a.ssociate someone music with the rapper personal life too much
 07-14-2009, 11:28 AM         #1658
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dog4life said:
i don't hate drake i feel he is overrated and people are just clinging to him because of weezy the n*gga is hell of talented he go r&b or rap but i think he is more geared towards the females instead of making music everybody can enjoy we don't need that right now there is enough of the that right now lets get something new i thought cudi or B.O.B was gonna be it because they came in with a different kinda style B.O.B with i'll be in the sky it was fresh and cudi with day & nite it was like man these n*ggas is gonna do somethin different
but i haven't heard anything new from either since then to say that. Drake just sound like a new wayne that can sing a little i wouldn't buy a drake r&b record though.
are you serious? Drake has said numerous of times that he tries to make music for everybody. He makes music organically, like best I ever had wasn't made to be a single he just made a mixtape with a organic sound within a year and a half which came from a journey throughout his life during that span. So far gone is for everyone. He has some street bangers, music for the ladies, music for the conscience hiphop heads, music for the mainstrem. He has music for everyone on that mixtape. Check out his first two mixtapes where he is straight hiphop. For those underground type dudes, backpackers, conscinece type.
 8 years ago '06        #1659
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 Hardkore said:
what's funny as f*ck to me, is that drake actually has dope punchlines, metaphors, and similes throughout most of his lyrics, whether it be an R&B song or a rap song.

too bad just because he's on the radio, he gets jumbled up with all the other garbage radio rappers.

i mean, everyone has their likes and dislikes. i feel that so far gone and relapse were the two best compilations of music that came out for rap this year. everything else sucked, imo.
...what metaphors?
 07-14-2009, 11:39 AM         #1660
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 renagade281 said:
lol obviously the threadstarter knows who he is he compared him to 3 ppl that are almost exactly like him

and if u dont know who he is or have never heard him how can u judge him?
I compared them because they were all hyped up f*gs too.

And I heard one song that is good enough to judge, I don't expect anything classic out of this guy are you f***ing serious?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago