THE OFFICIAL DRAKE DISCUSSION THREAD [Drake signs with Cash Money/Universal]

most viewed right now
 87
DONT LET THESE TRAPS FOOL YOU! Here's how to effectively avoid them.
26 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 83
 Video inside First she'll break your ankles, then she'll your heart!!!
6 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 70
Image(s) inside This is what the richest zip code in America looks like
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1641
Demboyz746 
space
avatar space
space
$1,594 | Props total: 115 115
exodus comment I love his show wit his brother Josh.
 9 years ago '06        #1642
01seay 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$21,268 | Props total: 4690 4690
Cuz he's too fly to comprehend.....he just goes to whole 'nother level. It's unbearable.



























































[pic - click to view]

 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM         #1643
Kidd Vicious 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Somebody please define "fag rap" for me... smh..
 9 years ago '07        #1644
Cartel-Clipz 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$31,798 | Props total: 28963 28963
Cuz he said I was ugly and I couldn't read good...
 9 years ago '04        #1645
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 285 285
cause he was talking about my wife in i can take your girl
 9 years ago '05        #1646
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$2,310 | Props total: 141 141
 Get it Right said:
i cant sit down and listen to his music... illmatic = novel so far gone = children's book
Posted via Mobile Device

did U really use an Album and a Mixtape? FAIL!
 9 years ago '06        #1647
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$16,243 | Props total: 1684 1684
Yeah he is way over rated. i mean I feel like he should just be another R&B n*gga instead of trying to Rap and be R&B.Wheel chair Jimmy is who he is.
 07-14-2009, 03:29 AM         #1648
Kidd Vicious 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bullack86 said:
did U really use an Album and a Mixtape? FAIL!

I know rite... plain rediculous.
 9 years ago '04        #1649
Ea$e 
space
avatar space
space
$6,425 | Props total: 453 453
Its simple.

He's hated on now because he's no longer a secret to the masses. It happens with damn near every artist that becomes embraced by the general population.

He's getting that radio/high-school-female love that turns n*ggaz into stars, and the talent, song writing ability, and co-sign of a lot of well respected artists.

If Thank Me Later disappoints, crucify him then.

And not liking his music is a lot different than the hate he usually receives.
Posted via Mobile Device
 9 years ago '04        #1650
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$19,158 | Props total: 1725 1725
what's funny as f*ck to me, is that drake actually has dope punchlines, metaphors, and similes throughout most of his lyrics, whether it be an R&B song or a rap song.

too bad just because he's on the radio, he gets jumbled up with all the other garbage radio rappers.

i mean, everyone has their likes and dislikes. i feel that so far gone and relapse were the two best compilations of music that came out for rap this year. everything else sucked, imo.
 9 years ago '08        #1651
TheKid21 
space
avatar space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 0 0
I don't hate him but he lost it for me when I saw the vid of him "freestyling" reading off the Blackberry. I know most rappers spit writtens all the time, but at least they show some effort and memorize it. This s*** just seemed so fake and corny.
 9 years ago '05        #1652
.Hafestos. 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,397 | Props total: 0 0
 smokeweed101. said:
Nevermind, just noticed "best i ever had", pure school girl music. Any grown man here needs to grow a pair listening to that.

Should have just asked my girl who this dude was.
of course best I ever had sounds like that, its a single, like TI, Wayne, 50, etc. dont make songs like that?

before you judge dude on radio s***, check his real songs, Ill save u some time and link ya


[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]


If those aint sick to you then its str8, but these tracks s*** on 90% of what other artists are puttin out, I've got a playlist of about 40 songs that are ill as s***, I dont like his girly songs either, but some of his songs are fire...
 9 years ago '04        #1653
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,689 | Props total: 382 382
i don't hate drake i feel he is overrated and people are just clinging to him because of weezy the n*gga is hell of talented he go r&b or rap but i think he is more geared towards the females instead of making music everybody can enjoy we don't need that right now there is enough of the that right now lets get something new i thought cudi or B.O.B was gonna be it because they came in with a different kinda style B.O.B with i'll be in the sky it was fresh and cudi with day & nite it was like man these n*ggas is gonna do somethin different
but i haven't heard anything new from either since then to say that. Drake just sound like a new wayne that can sing a little i wouldn't buy a drake r&b record though.
 9 years ago '04        #1654
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,689 | Props total: 382 382
 bullack86 said:
did U really use an Album and a Mixtape? FAIL!
drake has no CD to compare to so why not use his mixtape.
 07-14-2009, 10:23 AM         #1655
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how can u hate a n*gga who you personally dont know. I can understand you hate his music. n*ggas a.ssociate someone music with the rapper personal life too much
 07-14-2009, 10:28 AM         #1656
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dog4life said:
i don't hate drake i feel he is overrated and people are just clinging to him because of weezy the n*gga is hell of talented he go r&b or rap but i think he is more geared towards the females instead of making music everybody can enjoy we don't need that right now there is enough of the that right now lets get something new i thought cudi or B.O.B was gonna be it because they came in with a different kinda style B.O.B with i'll be in the sky it was fresh and cudi with day & nite it was like man these n*ggas is gonna do somethin different
but i haven't heard anything new from either since then to say that. Drake just sound like a new wayne that can sing a little i wouldn't buy a drake r&b record though.
are you serious? Drake has said numerous of times that he tries to make music for everybody. He makes music organically, like best I ever had wasn't made to be a single he just made a mixtape with a organic sound within a year and a half which came from a journey throughout his life during that span. So far gone is for everyone. He has some street bangers, music for the ladies, music for the conscience hiphop heads, music for the mainstrem. He has music for everyone on that mixtape. Check out his first two mixtapes where he is straight hiphop. For those underground type dudes, backpackers, conscinece type.
 9 years ago '06        #1657
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 947 947
 Hardkore said:
what's funny as f*ck to me, is that drake actually has dope punchlines, metaphors, and similes throughout most of his lyrics, whether it be an R&B song or a rap song.

too bad just because he's on the radio, he gets jumbled up with all the other garbage radio rappers.

i mean, everyone has their likes and dislikes. i feel that so far gone and relapse were the two best compilations of music that came out for rap this year. everything else sucked, imo.
...what metaphors?
 07-14-2009, 10:39 AM         #1658
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 renagade281 said:
lol obviously the threadstarter knows who he is he compared him to 3 ppl that are almost exactly like him



and if u dont know who he is or have never heard him how can u judge him?
I compared them because they were all hyped up f*gs too.

And I heard one song that is good enough to judge, I don't expect anything classic out of this guy are you f***ing serious?
 07-14-2009, 10:41 AM         #1659
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .Hafestos. said:
of course best I ever had sounds like that, its a single, like TI, Wayne, 50, etc. dont make songs like that?

before you judge dude on radio s***, check his real songs, Ill save u some time and link ya







If those aint sick to you then its str8, but these tracks s*** on 90% of what other artists are puttin out, I've got a playlist of about 40 songs that are ill as s***, I dont like his girly songs either, but some of his songs are fire...

Naw im good man.
 9 years ago '04        #1660
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,689 | Props total: 382 382
 kingz21 said:
are you serious? Drake has said numerous of times that he tries to make music for everybody. He makes music organically, like best I ever had wasn't made to be a single he just made a mixtape with a organic sound within a year and a half which came from a journey throughout his life during that span. So far gone is for everyone. He has some street bangers, music for the ladies, music for the conscience hiphop heads, music for the mainstrem. He has music for everyone on that mixtape. Check out his first two mixtapes where he is straight hiphop. For those underground type dudes, backpackers, conscinece type.
i have the mixtape and it doesn't sound orignal at all
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
74 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside TAYLOR BANNER out here looking like something to eat! 🌱
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Jose Guapo out here down bad
59 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside This girl is so fcking ugly Oh my but her body A1
119 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
116 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
May 21 - Dad takes late son's girlfriend to prom, one month after fatal crash
54 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside k dot kicks w**** girl off stage for n****
612 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
134 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy