THE OFFICIAL DRAKE DISCUSSION THREAD [Drake signs with Cash Money/Universal]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-30-2009, 05:21 PM         #1381
renagade281 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ronnie needs to have the hip hop spot and then a seperate lil wayne/ drake nut-hugging section

so it should look like this

Daily Bugle
Hip Hop Spot
Lil Wayne/Drake Nut-Hugging
The Sportscenter
 06-30-2009, 07:31 PM         #1382
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When is this damn video dropping already?
 8 years ago '05        #1383
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,786 | Props total: 4729 4729
 Narcz said:
When is this damn video dropping already?
heres a scene from it

[pic - click to view]

06-30-2009, 08:25 PM         #1384
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So do we all agree, Drake is commercial? And he should not be compared to the voices of the underground such as Joe Budden I think we can all agree to that. f**k that commercial bulls**t!
 8 years ago '06        #1385
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,979 | Props total: 3524 3524
 Get it Right said:
So do we all agree, Drake is commercial? And he should not be compared to the voices of the underground such as Joe Budden I think we can all agree to that. f**k that commercial bulls**t!
When he first started back in 2005 - 2006 ...people compared him to Buddens...but he wasn't having that

Drake's Career >> Joe Budden Career

"If I copied Buddens Flow, you mimicking his career"

[video - click to view]

Last edited by 01seay; 06-30-2009 at 08:46 PM..
 06-30-2009, 08:48 PM         #1386
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how many mixtapes this kid got out?
 8 years ago '05        #1387
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,786 | Props total: 4729 4729
 Get it Right said:
lol@ saying fukk commercial s**t and having mr. pop champagne aka mr grind on me. bka bum azz jones on your av.......drake dont classify what music he makes he just makes music.........no labels needed like them new hane under tees

Last edited by youngvito18; 06-30-2009 at 08:59 PM..
 06-30-2009, 09:18 PM         #1388
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 01seay said:
When he first started back in 2005 - 2006 ...people compared him to Buddens...but he wasn't having that

Drake's Career >> Joe Budden Career

Now Drake had potential then, but now... dude has went commercial hanging around Lil Wayne. I can't listen to his music now, no way hose.

My first impression of Drake was this auto-tune wannabe Lil Wayne and that's how I will always see him. I hate anything that gains commercial success becuase I know the procedures an artist has to go through to conquer that task in today's world. And the only you can complete that is by going commercial and making songs for kids, women, and the clubs (which is exactly what Drake is doing).

But here is the important part, I was watching the Busta Rhymes' video in another thread and he said something about "these dudes were sniffing coke on their intro in 1994," he also said "coke wasn't cool back then," so he was like "what the f**k that s**t is crazy." Artist today care too much about the next man is doing, like auto-tune, that s**t would have never happened back in the 90s because artist didn't care about what the next man did. But now you got so many people jump on trends left and right now trying to ride the wave another person has created.

Drake would have never made if he had an image of a "smack dvd rapper" (look at cory gunz). Artist like Drake play it safe and make love songs to get air play, but what is the f**king point of rapping if you can't express how you feel through your music? f**k money that s**t is not everything and it's really f**king up the game.

Everyone who comes in this world is born with a "blank slate" it's up to us to tell them what is cool and what is hot. People think we can't change the game, but we can if artist actually started making quality music. I think the rapper eventually k!lled themselves with the music videos, showing their homes, video girls, and money instead of focusing on what really made them successful which is "rhyming (rhyming really good). But lyrical content was over shadowed by money.

It's a f**king shame a British rapper can't never make it in American Hip-Hop. I know Slick Rick made it, but that was back then and his accent wasn't that heavy. I hear the same southern accent when I turn on the TV, many artist are changing the voice trying to sound neutral. Drake has changed his Canadian accent, his first video he doesn't even sound like he's from Canada. If he sounded more New Yorkish he wouldn't have no buzz even if he's with Lil Wayne
 06-30-2009, 09:20 PM         #1389
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngvito18 said:
lol@ saying fukk commercial s**t and having mr. pop champagne aka mr grind on me. bka bum azz jones on your av.......drake dont classify what music he makes he just makes music.........no labels needed like them new hane under tees
lies.
 8 years ago '05        #1390
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Drake is going to become more successful than Joe Budden though. He's got a lot of fans, everybody at the BET Awards was all on his d**k.

You ask one of them about Joe Budden they be like "Who the f**k is Joe Budden?"
 06-30-2009, 10:02 PM         #1391
Narcz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ who's that in ur avy?
 06-30-2009, 10:38 PM         #1392
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:
Now Drake had potential then, but now... dude has went commercial hanging around Lil Wayne. I can't listen to his music now, no way hose.

My first impression of Drake was this auto-tune wannabe Lil Wayne and that's how I will always see him. I hate anything that gains commercial success becuase I know the procedures an artist has to go through to conquer that task in today's world. And the only you can complete that is by going commercial and making songs for kids, women, and the clubs (which is exactly what Drake is doing).

But here is the important part, I was watching the Busta Rhymes' video in another thread and he said something about "these dudes were sniffing coke on their intro in 1994," he also said "coke wasn't cool back then," so he was like "what the f**k that s**t is crazy." Artist today care too much about the next man is doing, like auto-tune, that s**t would have never happened back in the 90s because artist didn't care about what the next man did. But now you got so many people jump on trends left and right now trying to ride the wave another person has created.

Drake would have never made if he had an image of a "smack dvd rapper" (look at cory gunz). Artist like Drake play it safe and make love songs to get air play, but what is the f**king point of rapping if you can't express how you feel through your music? f**k money that s**t is not everything and it's really f**king up the game.

Everyone who comes in this world is born with a "blank slate" it's up to us to tell them what is cool and what is hot. People think we can't change the game, but we can if artist actually started making quality music. I think the rapper eventually k!lled themselves with the music videos, showing their homes, video girls, and money instead of focusing on what really made them successful which is "rhyming (rhyming really good). But lyrical content was over shadowed by money.

It's a f**king shame a British rapper can't never make it in American Hip-Hop. I know Slick Rick made it, but that was back then and his accent wasn't that heavy. I hear the same southern accent when I turn on the TV, many artist are changing the voice trying to sound neutral. Drake has changed his Canadian accent, his first video he doesn't even sound like he's from Canada. If he sounded more New Yorkish he wouldn't have no buzz even if he's with Lil Wayne

he does express himself, listen to successful, or even best i ever had talking about his ex girl. Just because he doesnt rap about selling drugs doesnt mean hes not expressing himself. He never sold drugs so why would he rap about it. I did notice though drake sounds a little diffrent now than the past, but its not a major change in my opinion
 06-30-2009, 10:56 PM         #1393
priceless1nes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Was I the only n*gga not to know his ACL was torn, and thats why he didnt move during his whole performance during the BET AWARDs?
 8 years ago '07        #1394
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,393 | Props total: 21539 21539
http://slumz.boxden.com/showthread.php?t=1260004
 8 years ago '08        #1395
TheFuckinEmpire 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,390 | Props total: 1645 1645
Well...i been listening to Drake for a couple of days and i've learned that the commercial things you talking about are really all about something that happen in his life...Best I Ever had in all...dude speaks real s**t without being street and thats what i respect the most...dude got skills.
 8 years ago '08        #1396
KillaKal 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,899 | Props total: 3 3
 just2intense said:
YES very much so HOMO
not as homo as ur avy
 8 years ago '07        #1397
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
He's mad funny

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '06        #1398
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,357 | Props total: 835 835
and your a homo....
 07-01-2009, 11:46 AM         #1399
renagade281 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i just looked at the top tracks and top albums of this month so far.....

yall r really hypin this dude up huh?
 8 years ago '04        #1400
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,318 | Props total: 272 272
Top Songs of July 2009
01. Drake feat. Lil Wayne - Ransom
02. Drake - Uptown
03. Drake - Money To Blow
04. Drake - November 18th
05. Drake - Congratulations
06. Drake - Best I Ever Had
07. Drake - Successful
08. N/A
09. N/A
10. N/A

Top Albums of July 2009
01. Drake Thank Me Later
02. Drake So Far Gone
03. Drake Your Welcome
04. Drake Comeback Season
05. N/A
06. N/A
07. N/A
08. N/A
09. N/A
10. N/A

Boxden, you are officially full of f*g**tS!

You n*ggas should be ashamed of your damn selves
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
24 hours ago