THE OFFICIAL DRAKE DISCUSSION THREAD [Drake signs with Cash Money/Universal]

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #1021
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,214 | Props total: 222 222
Aight so this isnt a complete flame Drake thread.

But anyway I was on my way home from work and dude was on the radio. Some new track he got wit Trey Songs. And I must say.. this man whom everyone is worshiping all of a sudden is highly overrated and reminiscent of Lil Wayne. And of course I kno his wagon will come thru and tell me he is better than Wayne. Cool. Rapping wise he is Wayne #2. Those simple, easy to understand punchline raps. I literally chuckled at the simplicity of every bar I heard. "I do (w/e it is) like [insert random simile]" over and over.

Not completely knockin dude tho. I just cant f**k wit em anymore. People definitely took it too far. For the simple fact of Drake being "cool" to listen to right now.

Just wanted to vent a lil. And dont worry, I kno, and I hate these threads too lol.
 8 years ago '04        #1022
LovinPavan 
space
space
$5,632 | Props total: 1130 1130
never heard of him.
 8 years ago '05        #1023
yunsta 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,914 | Props total: 611 611
cosign thread starter. where are all the gangstas at?
 06-24-2009, 09:21 PM         #1024
DA REAL SHAKOBE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
drake is the nicest n*gga out
 8 years ago '04        #1025
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 yunsta said:
cosign thread starter. where are all the gangstas at?

You didnt hear? Being f*g-esque is wats poppin now.. Real n*ggas are overrated.
 8 years ago '04        #1026
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 DA REAL SHAKOBE said:

n*ggas were on Wayne nuts like that too. Saying THE EXACT same s**t. Am I wrong? But now of course Wayne's "cool" era has ran its course. Time to hop on the newest jock. Pause.
 8 years ago '05        #1027
yunsta 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,914 | Props total: 611 611
nas.jz,banks,lupe,jada, joey,> drake.

what non girl track has he made that should make me like his music....

side note... why the f**k this n*gga shapin his eye brows.. probably kisses lil wayne and calls him daddy.
 06-24-2009, 09:30 PM         #1028
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Peter Starks™ said:
Aight so this isnt a complete flame Drake thread.

But anyway I was on my way home from work and dude was on the radio. Some new track he got wit Trey Songs. And I must say.. this man whom everyone is worshiping all of a sudden is highly overrated and reminiscent of Lil Wayne. And of course I kno his wagon will come thru and tell me he is better than Wayne. Cool. Rapping wise he is Wayne #2. Those simple, easy to understand punchline raps. I literally chuckled at the simplicity of every bar I heard. "I do (w/e it is) like [insert random simile]" over and over.

Not completely knockin dude tho. I just cant f**k wit em anymore. People definitely took it too far. For the simple fact of Drake being "cool" to listen to right now.

Just wanted to vent a lil. And dont worry, I kno, and I hate these threads too lol.

i'm convinced you're really on drakes street team,using reverse psychology to keep drakes name in peoples mind...
 8 years ago '04        #1029
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
i'm convinced you're really on drakes street team,using reverse psychology to keep drakes name in peoples mind...
Lol I wouldnt mind the extra money. But no I'm not at all fam.

Random: That s**t he did on FunkFlex was worse than when I've seen rappers get f**ked up physically.

8 years ago '06        #1030
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,966 | Props total: 3473 3473
 Peter Starks™ said:

Peter Starks™ said:

You didnt hear? Being f*g-esque is wats poppin now.. Real n*ggas are overrated.
 Peter Starks™ said:

Random: That s**t he did on FunkFlex was worse than when I've seen rappers get f**ked up physically.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by 01seay; 06-24-2009 at 09:45 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #1031
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,432 | Props total: 11258 11258
wow so cuz i dont like souljah boy i'm a hater becuz i dont like drake i'm a hater, i'm gonna do what everyone should do listen if ya like it bump it if u dont dump it simple as that do i think there are other rappers who deserve more spotlight yes do i think drake is lyrical no he is not but becuz i like scarface, talib kweli, nas, bone thugs i'm a d**k rider to each his own i just think its disrespectful to hip hop to think of drake as a savior dude is a pop artist nothin else and yes i've heard his mixtape s**t not impressed
 8 years ago '04        #1032
Houston2k3 
space
space
$4,330 | Props total: 134 134
U Mad?
 06-24-2009, 11:27 PM         #1033
Twista740 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
drake sucks, plain n simple.

he raps like wayne and performs likw kanye
 8 years ago '04        #1034
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
I keep hearin about Drake, but don't know any of his stuff.. what are a few of his best songs? Time to see what the hype is about.. I heard a few random tracks of his that were nothing special, but curious what the good stuff is
 8 years ago '05        #1035
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,965 | Props total: 3223 3223
 Jasonb619 said:
I keep hearin about Drake, but don't know any of his stuff.. what are a few of his best songs? Time to see what the hype is about.. I heard a few random tracks of his that were nothing special, but curious what the good stuff is
Don't bother trying to get familiar man..I made a best of Drake CD last week...burned it, put it on in my car stereo....and it was over before my 5 minute drive to work ended.

Like threadstarter says...dude's lyrics are SO simplistic..I hate when people overrate rappers and try to all of a sudden call these dudes lyricists.
 8 years ago '06        #1036
acAWN 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,644 | Props total: 179 179
 Jasonb619 said:
listen to comeback season
 8 years ago '07        #1037
CadillacVyse 943 heat pts943
space
space
$27,629 | Props total: 16719 16719
Drake ghostwrote this thread but he will deny it. See Drake is a very humble dude..he knows his buzz is getting a bit outta hand. He knows he isnt Jesus. So he has to do some control to manage expectations a bit because he knows he is your girls favorite rapper. You will only hate because he knows if he enters he will smash and you will be even more mad. Damn Drake is good with the Jedi mind games.
 8 years ago '06        #1038
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,987 | Props total: 1455 1455
Your right he does sound like Wayne(minus the gay)
Before he started hanging with him he sounded like Lupe (minus the nerd)
 8 years ago '07        #1039
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
I refuse to believe this gibblish. Drake musta ghostwrote this thread to make himself seem overly-hyped.
 8 years ago '08        #1040
Gmo BlaZe 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,886 | Props total: 676 676
Drake is nice but I really think some n*ggas were expecting too much. I feel like his music is str8. That's it. I can listen to it. Personally I think he is overrated on boxden...that is if u live on dis site
Posted via Mobile Device
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy