THE OFFICIAL DRAKE DISCUSSION THREAD [Drake signs with Cash Money/Universal]

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #341
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
I think that yall misinterpreted my thread start. I was expecting gangsta music but just cus he ain't doesn't mean the I don't like him. I gave hate where appropriate.

as far as that knock, i see nobody disagreed with me.

i personally don't care that he was an actor cus i watch that show on sundays every now and then.

is this funky? no. its catchy here and there, and dude got talent.

Drake said, "i'm still spitting the same sh*t they shot pac over"

if that's not an attempt to be gangsta, i don't know what is.
 9 years ago '06        #342
frequent23 
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 82 82
Drake is better then wayne and if nobody can see that then idk
 9 years ago '08        #343
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,113 | Props total: 23357 23357
n*ggas act like they never heard a nice rapper before. omgz teh drake and teh nicest everrr!11!

the only n*ggas say that sh*t is these young n*ggas. 16 and under. Anybody over 18 saying that got short term memory.

Last edited by Arson; 02-17-2009 at 09:31 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #344
jijocp88 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,604 | Props total: 10 10
if you don't like drake don't listen to him don't get on here and constantly bi*ch and whine his music isn't for everybody and like dude said everybody won't like him. But damn man it's like every day since dude started buzzin somebody has to make a hate thread or whats the deal with drake hype and blah blah blah man just don't listen if u don't like it and continue to support his music if u do
 02-17-2009, 09:49 AM         #345
Jayborne23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I honestly don't get the Drake backlash. He's a artist that only releases mixtapes once a year, has album quality production, is talented, is not a gimmick rapper, and has legitimate superstar potential. He's not even the same type of rapper that dudes want to compare him too.

Either he's feeling the e-ffects (because it's mostly online) of being a.ssociated with Lil Wayne or dudes can't respect that fact the he makes chill/chick music. I've listened to Comeback Season and So Far Gone, and musically I have no reason to hate on him. He's a really good artist. That might explain the love affair. It's not like dudes on here are making 3000x threads about Gucci Mane
 9 years ago '04        #346
Ea$e 
space
space
$6,409 | Props total: 424 424
 Jayborne23 said:
I honestly don't get the Drake backlash. He's a artist that only releases mixtapes once a year, has album quality production, is talented, is not a gimmick rapper, and has legitimate superstar potential. He's not even the same type of rapper that dudes want to compare him too.

Either he's feeling the e-ffects (because it's mostly online) of being a.ssociated with Lil Wayne or dudes can't respect that fact the he makes chill/chick music. I've listened to Comeback Season and So Far Gone, and musically I have no reason to hate on him. He's a really good artist. That might explain the love affair. It's not like dudes on here are making 3000x threads about Gucci Mane

C/S

If anything, I'd expect more people to be interested in someone of Drake's appeal than to not. I mean, talent is undeniable. If he's not your cup of tea, cool. There are a LOT of legends/rappers who I acknowledge talent wise but don't personally like.

It's about being able to acknowledge somebody for their skill set, not necessarily their music. (Because if you're not feeling it, you can't FORCE it...)

Point blank, Drake has a career ahead of him if he keeps it up.
 9 years ago '04        #347
Ea$e 
space
space
$6,409 | Props total: 424 424
 illathruz said:
I think that yall misinterpreted my thread start. I was expecting gangsta music but just cus he ain't doesn't mean the I don't like him. I gave hate where appropriate.

as far as that knock, i see nobody disagreed with me.

i personally don't care that he was an actor cus i watch that show on sundays every now and then.

is this funky? no. its catchy here and there, and dude got talent.

I'd like to think that he was speaking on the knowledge/real talk aspect of Pac (IE: The most dangerous), which ultimately got him done in.

Just my perception of it.
 9 years ago '04        #348
noshirtforyou 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,448 | Props total: 0 0
This Drake talk needs to stop immediately.... I've heard a couple of his tracks due to all of Boxden sucking him off and I am not impressed.... He is way too soft and I think it is absurd how many views he has on Youtube (He should thank Wayne).... And whoever compared him to Kanye ssssssstop Kanye may be a soft dude but his skills on the mic are apparent I can't even consider Drake a rapper I'm done with him until I hear something phenomenal. People overhypin like a mother these days
 9 years ago '08        #349
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,145 | Props total: 2775 2775
 noshirtforyou said:
This Drake talk needs to stop immediately.... I've heard a couple of his tracks due to all of Boxden sucking him off and I am not impressed.... He is way too soft and I think it is absurd how many views he has on Youtube (He should thank Wayne).... And whoever compared him to Kanye ssssssstop Kanye may be a soft dude but his skills on the mic are apparent I can't even consider Drake a rapper I'm done with him until I hear something phenomenal. People overhypin like a mother these days
:iagree: I just listened to the so far gone mixtape and was underwhelmed to say the least. His music isn't my lane so this is where I exit. No hate just my opinion. Now back to the regularly scheduled Drake hate/appreciate already in progress
 9 years ago '08        #350
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
Comeback season > everything else he's done.
 9 years ago '04        #351
bird 
space
space
$2,855 | Props total: 11 11
he aint bad still

even though he a punk

his sh*t is 4 when u wit a bi*ch ... then i will pop in his sh*t bi*ches be lovin his music no word of a lie

n*ggas juss hatin cause he a soft n*gga

but he can rap i will credit him with dat
 9 years ago '05        #352
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,791 | Props total: 4740 4740
 illathruz said:
I think that yall misinterpreted my thread start. I was expecting gangsta music
wow...your an idiot

illathruz said:

jesus fu*king christ your an idiot............and you gave me HATE????? :lachen001: :lachen001:

pathetic
 9 years ago '05        #353
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,791 | Props total: 4740 4740
 Jayborne23 said:

co-sign...........
 9 years ago '04        #354
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119

i mean the n*gga aint even dropped an album yet and n*ggaz is puttin him against n*ggaz thats in the game and accomplished sh*t already

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '06        #355
NickTheQuiznick 
space
space
$150 | Props total: 0 0
im big on drake...dude spits fire BUT the closer its gettin to his album the more hes soundin like wayne i wish he would ditch the auto-tune and start spittin again

drake comeback season > drake now
 9 years ago '04        #356
$ouljaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,034 | Props total: 231 231
well 2 new cats is Charles Hamilton and Wale..they sh*t on Drake 20 times ova
I fu*ks wit Wale (DA DMV ALL-DAY ER'DAY!!!) But, Charles Hamilton sh*t on Drizzy 20 times ova! Cm'on mayne....U Serious! (They say u should have a laugh at least one time a day, while I've just had 2 or 3) Don't get me wrong I do like a few Charles Hamilton tracks. But, is it me or does it sound like Charles Hamilton spittin poetry (not rap) over tracks.

Drake "Congratulations"

It seems like these days// I'm booked and bizzy// Dad named me Drake//
Footz named me Drizzy// They tried to tell me// I'd be nothin but ta protege//
But if you watched the VMAs// There's nuttin more ta sayyyy!
Nuff Said!

Last edited by $ouljaboy; 02-19-2009 at 10:00 AM..
 02-20-2009, 05:25 PM         #357
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont see the hype

put me on some of his best sh*t because so far hes avg
 9 years ago '06        #358
DatVABoy 
space
space
$1,135 | Props total: 48 48
Listen to...

Ignorant sh*t
Say What's Real
I'm Still Fly
Ransom
Brand New
Replacement Girl

Those are some of my fav Drake joints
 9 years ago '04        #359
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
that drake dude overrated
if hes' overrated what are these other n*ggas?
 9 years ago '05        #360
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
drake is is just regular people overrate him because they simply havent heard normal rap in a minute,, D..G>>>>Drake
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago