THE OFFICIAL DRAKE DISCUSSION THREAD [Drake signs with Cash Money/Universal]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
206 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
40 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #201
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,449 | Props total: 1099 1099
i think dude is nice and comes correct on many tracks but what im asking myself is this successful actor really living what he sayin? like its easy for anyone to act on a mic, feel me? and i cant deny drake got flow but i wanna hear him spit on a hard a.ss beat with an actual meaning.. not just the fu*kin-around flow hes usually got goin on.. say whats real was sick.
 01-25-2009, 04:51 PM         #202
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
...he got a chance to pop..he's talented..he's versatile..and he can actually rhyme...pretty well..it's gon be interesting to see what happens w/ dude..
 9 years ago '07        #203
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
 ICanDoIt said:
He's on Interscope...Young Money is just an affiliation

Tyga is on Decaydance/Young Money...hence his monumental failure...
What Was The Last Relevent CD Interscope Dropped?
 01-25-2009, 05:37 PM         #204
godhood 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Poloboy69 said:
Ive been keeping up with drake the actor/rapper/singer from canada and i support that n*gga. i rides with him and ill honestly tell u he is more talented than 90 percent of todays artist. dude is the best rapper out now thats his status of a type of artist. Newly signed! Dude has been acting and has a serious fan base with degrassi. He has also showed off his best talent as a singer. Rarely sings besides hooks, but his R&B songs like Brand New and Sooner Than Later are classic slow songs ur typical everyday R&B n*ggaz cant produce these days. With the exception of Trey songz, usher and maybe chris brown the singing n*ggaz have either turned pop or they are trying to rap. Trey songz is one of drakes best friends and he is also a talented singer and aspiring to be more of a rapper in the future has delieverd some alter ego hits as well. Aside from singing songs like Stunt Hard, Ransom, I can take your girl are all songs he's rocked out with wayne and lets just say the 22 year old kid isnt behind him on these songs. Every single song he has been right there on the side. What i like about him is he isnt affraid to rap next to wayne and also show him out. i just sitting back and i read that August 7 Lil Wayne is releasing Rebirth rock cd and im thinking wow this n*gga is really working. He is suppose to be Executive producing Drake solo album Thank Me Later and it is scheduled for a spring release on Interscope records. throughout all this craziness drake has been seen across the country on lil wayne tour and i think its a good look. I just really hope this kid puts in the same work ethic as lil wayne does outside of being around with lil wayne. cuz they can continue to make music together but its around that time where something has to step up to that plate. There is Throne still on reserve. I hope i can find out soon whats the direction of this kids future because he is singer, rapper and actor. aside from acting what will be the outcome of a cd. will he just sing or rap or do both. and u know when u do both its kinda shaky. double cds consisting of rap and r&b have never really worked out. these type of artist are risk factors cuz u just dont know what will they deliver. i support Drake but i wanna hear whats up cuz wayne is due out in April and he has a rep for not letting n*ggaz get they shine. I know he isnt directly signed to young money but if he has input on ur project it could be fatal mistake. Idk i think he will succeed but right now cuz of whats going on its easy to turn into a artist who doesnt drop cds but he drops a new song weekly.

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '05        #205
youngvito18 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$13,783 | Props total: 4724 4724
 Hunedz said:
n*ggas Don't Read Too Well, Do We?

(Think Outside The Box)

I'm speaking on his CHANCE OF SUCCESS/FAILURE.

Keeping it on topic.

Being With YM He will not Do much better than Tyga Did.

I'm not talking about Rapping/Skills Wise. His Skills Got nothing to do with that.

he's not on young money

jimmy iovine signed him to interscope..............only a fool would sign with YM, *cough* Jae Millz *cough*
 01-26-2009, 11:15 AM         #206
platinumb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Evidently, he's not stupid. He signed with Interscope..home to Eminem, 50, Dr. Dre, N.E.R.D, The Game, etc. I think he's in good hands. Wayne will probably be on 1 song on "Thank Me Later". I mean, sh*t...he could've signed to damn Bad Boy so I'm happy with him being on Interscope.

So Far Gone is coming soon.....visit his blog because he dropped his last leak from the mixtape.
 9 years ago '05        #207
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
 platinumb said:
Evidently, he's not stupid. He signed with Interscope..home to Eminem, 50, Dr. Dre, N.E.R.D, The Game, etc. I think he's in good hands. Wayne will probably be on 1 song on "Thank Me Later". I mean, sh*t...he could've signed to damn Bad Boy so I'm happy with him being on Interscope.

So Far Gone is coming soon.....visit his blog because he dropped his last leak from the mixtape.
i think ur a guy
 01-26-2009, 12:21 PM         #208
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He was on Degrassi? and was he on Overdose on Life, with Travis and Mickey Factz. I can't remember the other dudes name in the song, but i know he was tight as hell.

And how does tyga compare at all to lil wayne. Tyga is cool, but he hasn't made a great song yet. Either way, he's nothing like weezy.

Last edited by macadon83; 01-26-2009 at 12:23 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #209
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,577 | Props total: 5262 5262
Drake has a ton of star quality, at the very least he'd go gold. Not to mention
the whole Lil' Wayne affiliation, He should do pretty well for himself.

Last edited by Verse; 02-04-2009 at 10:17 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #210
rsanders 
space
space
space
$249 | Props total: 0 0
anybody got that room for improvment
 01-31-2009, 01:20 PM         #211
Brown Bomber II 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think this n*gga is going to be the next rap superstar. Even though there are plenty of underrated rappers out there better than him that haven't put albums out yet(no need to say names), he is getting better and better, all of Wayne's fans know who he is and most are jumping on the bandwagon, he has the degrassi fans behind him(white and black teenages) and he signed with Jimmy I. and because he has a chance with commercial appeal, he is likely to get the Interscope hype machine behind him.
 9 years ago '04        #212
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
I agree. He sounds so polished compared to most other rappers. His balance of real sh*t and braggadacio raps is crazy. And this n*gga can sing.

No homo.
 01-31-2009, 01:39 PM         #213
Brown Bomber II 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scan said:
I agree. He sounds so polished compared to most other rappers. His balance of real sh*t and braggadacio raps is crazy. And this n*gga can sing.

No homo.
Lol Brand New>>> that sh*t knocks in da whip, in a way aside from the drug crazy sh*t rapping that Eminem does, he is sorta in his lane, I swear hes gonna be a fu*kin MTV Superstar
 9 years ago '07        #214
Repressed 
space
space
$3,255 | Props total: 1196 1196
Yo, can somebody up a mixtape or list some other songs from dude. I've been brushing him off thinking he wasn't going to be a.ss good as people said he was. I've only heard the songs with him singing though. Liked what I heard too.

Sooner Than Later as been on repeat for weeks now.
 9 years ago '04        #215
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
Closer
Say Whats Real
The Presentation
Going In For Life
Friends With Money

Youtube, go.
 9 years ago '08        #216
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
say whats real
money to blow
ransom
stuntin
still fly
 9 years ago '07        #217
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,326 | Props total: 1111 1111
He definetely got bars.. he put out to much pop sh*t for me tho
 9 years ago '07        #218
Repressed 
space
space
$3,255 | Props total: 1196 1196
oh sh*t, dude nice!
 01-31-2009, 03:40 PM         #219
KiddKidd45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
get off his d*ck already
 9 years ago '06        #220
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3523 3523
I support his music (so far) 100%.

I still shocked by Comeback Season.....Wheelchair Jimmy coming up in the world.:dancingcool:

Somebody needs to make an Official "Drake" Thread...and post all his music to help the movement

Last edited by 01seay; 02-01-2009 at 01:07 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy