R.I.P. Micheal Jackson TRIBUTE/DISCUSSION THREAD/Michael Jackson last Rehearsal Before He Died

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Favorite Michael Jackson Track
Thriller 9 9.00%
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough 7 7.00%
Billie Jean 27 27.00%
Man in the Mirror 11 11.00%
Beat It 12 12.00%
Bad 3 3.00%
Smooth Criminal 15 15.00%
ABC (Jackson 5) 2 2.00%
The Girl is Mine 0 0%
The Way You Make Me Feel 6 6.00%
You Rock My World 4 4.00%
Dangerous 1 1.00%
Black or White 1 1.00%
Scream 1 1.00%
You Are Not Alone 1 1.00%
Voters: 100. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-26-2009, 05:49 PM         #381
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think he's going platinum next week. he's getting mad spins on the radio and he's on the billboard with no new album. dude is gonna do eminem numbers tho :greetings10:
 06-26-2009, 05:54 PM         #382
Meatballer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:
lmao at micheal jackson representing black people

when every white person in the world palys his music you f**kin clown
micheal had no soul in hsi music when he got older
I never stated he represented black people he represented what black music used to be.

Black music ain't black music anymore.

If you don't understand the history or the context that my post was made in then you won't get it.

Ask to any old head about black music.

Then talk to the 90's babies.

It where people like Micheal Jackson, Al Green, Harold and The Blue Notes, Ohio Players, James Brown etc. the founders of real soulful s**t that laid the foundation for this rap s**t people around the world enjoy today. The youth today don't even know samples for their favorite songs come from the artists I mentioned.

Today we are pushed to the forefront of bubble gum crap while non-black groups of people all over the world tend to take up the majority of underground authentic s**t. s**t we help pioneer.

Black music today is more exploited in the mainstream than respected.

We lost an authentic one.

Last edited by Meatballer; 06-26-2009 at 06:17 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #383
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 CheezyDoDo said:

you should stay outta this thread seriously...
no one is trying to listen to what u have to say as a know wayne/drake d**k rider
:greetings10:
 06-26-2009, 06:09 PM         #384
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I see a lot of dumb comments in here,wow I swear people are f**king stupid,but f**k them,I came in here to pay respect to him

[pic - click to view]

06-26-2009, 06:11 PM         #385
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
EDIT: Apparently this thread is about him selling 1 million overall; I took it as him selling 1 million in one week for ONE record. Keep that in mind if you decide to question what I said.

Original post:

His s**t is already quadruppleton platinum.

If you just mean he's going to sell a million of something by a week's time from his death, I'd say you're wrong. Even highly ranked artists who put out brand new material have a hard time going platinum within a week. Let alone the fact if his material does have an increase, it will be spread over across his body of work, with Thriller probably getting the most. Either way, there's no way in hell 1 million people will decide to just buy it because he died.

Last edited by nxn; 06-26-2009 at 06:47 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #386
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,886 | Props total: 25675 25675
 nxn said:

If you just mean he's going to sell a million of something by a week's time from his death, I'd say you're wrong. Even highly ranked artists who put out brand new material have a hard time going platinum within a week. Let alone the fact if his material does have an increase, it will be spread over across his body of work, with Thriller probably getting the most. Either way, there's no way in hell 1 million people will decide to just buy it because he died.
u must not know them uk fans them n*ggas take stan to a new level x50

Last edited by Yung Dilla; 06-26-2009 at 06:20 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #387
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
A lot and its a good thing.

btw a quick fact...
Eminen is the # 1 selling artist in US since the start of 00s :applause:
 06-26-2009, 06:18 PM         #388
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nxn said:

idk man i think he's going to selling a million next week.
 06-26-2009, 06:19 PM         #389
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Peterparker said:
lol..MJ n them socks on martin..n martin..KC-CIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII JO JOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..OOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..NICK NACK PADDY WACKKKKKKKKKK..UMMMMMMM GIVE A DOG A BONEEEEEEEEEEEE

hell yea that s**t had me rollin
 8 years ago '04        #390
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,981 | Props total: 4999 4999
mj sold 5mil in one week from his thriller album
 06-26-2009, 06:23 PM         #391
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah, but the thing about all those fans that like him to the point of wanting to buy his s**t just because he died: most of them already have the majority of his material, so they'll be primarily buying the less popular cds. They will also be spread out across multiple albums so it's not like one of them will get the direct hit.

As for the people that like him but never purchased a cd, they'll probably hop on Thriller, but I don't think there is a million of them to do it.

Last edited by nxn; 06-26-2009 at 06:46 PM..
 06-26-2009, 06:23 PM         #392
Meatballer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J.R. Hyphy said:
funny yall all claimin to be Mike fans but he has songs like "Black or White"
I'm not trying to divide people but I just see all these snide comments in here and it's usually from people to young to appreciate his legacy or white boi's who just can't grasp that aspect of our culture. To them this thread is just open season for jokes on his character when it's really deeper than that. I'm just saying our music as a whole has broken down alot of cultural and racial barriers, but the youngins today don't respect the cultural aspect we bring to it. That video I posted, the sample was used in Nas' It Ain't Hard to Tell. Hell they probably don't even know what song I'm talking about. They probably don't even care. I just feel really sorry for this generation when I look at these comments. They don't appreciate the significance of the pioneers and its a really f**ked up.

Last edited by Meatballer; 06-26-2009 at 06:28 PM..
 06-26-2009, 06:24 PM         #393
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man this f**king c*nt truthiness is back????

i swear i thought this b***h a.ss n*gga committed that shyt back during election time

i swear somebody should k!ll his a.ss live on web cam
 06-26-2009, 06:26 PM         #394
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Meatballer said:
I'm not trying to divide people but I just see all these snide comments in here and it's usually from people to young to appreciate our legacy or white boi's who just can't grasp that aspect of our culture. To them this thread is just open season for jokes on his character when it's really deeper than that. I'm just saying our music as a whole has broken down alot of cultural and racial barriers, but the youngins today don't respect the cultural aspect we bring to it. That video I posted, the sample was used in Nas' It Ain't Hard to Tell. You think they know where it came from or even care? I just feel really sorry for this generation when I look at these comments. They don't appreciate the significance of the pioneers and its a really sad thing

yeah cosign

their are some bitter amoral young people(most likely white) on most of these forums
 06-26-2009, 06:28 PM         #395
nxn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
You really have no clue what you're talkin about... Wait till them itune, and amazon numbers come in next week.
You do understand I'm talking about top sales of ONE album and not OVERALL sales? I wouldn't be surprised if you summed up all the sales of all his material over the next week you'd have a number greater than 1 mill, but I took this thread to mean 1 mill to one album.
 06-26-2009, 06:28 PM         #396
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol mike sold over 100 million on ONE album alone. 1 mill in one week is a insult for mike
 06-26-2009, 06:29 PM         #397
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wepainters said:
A lot and its a good thing.

btw a quick fact...
Eminen is the # 1 selling artist in US since the start of 00s :applause:

thats correct
 8 years ago '07        #398
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,450 | Props total: 69961 69961
A new mj album with a video out for 3 weeks before release will sell 7 million in the US first week

Worldwide, 15 mil first week
 06-26-2009, 06:41 PM         #399
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nxn said:

wow...you do know mj has the biggest fan base in the world right.........the whole world
 06-26-2009, 06:46 PM         #400
QueenzBaller26 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:

says this n*gga listing to degrassi drake lol
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
48 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
159 comments
2 days ago