Jun 25 - Two thirds of UK teenagers don't believe in God

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
93 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-28-2009, 11:48 AM         #141
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"And science? Science said the world was flat. Science said the world was the center of the universe. Science said that the way to cure the common cold was to bleed out the illness."

The difference is Science accepts when it's wrong, and all the above are no longer accepted. Scientists look for flaws in their beliefs and correct them.

Religion is wrong on so many levels, yet maintains being wrong. Nothing in religion stands up under scientific scrutiny. It's non factual.

That's the difference. Science looks for anwsers, and accepts when errors have been made, and upon that realisation grows and betters itself under the guise of reason and truth.

Religion is a farce. It's nonsense. Science is superior on EVERY level.

Religion is pathetic. Don't compare it to science.
 8 years ago '05        #142
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Fact is, some people refuse to believe that this is it. That we as humans are the most supreme beings and that we are our own Gods. Some people see outside of themselves and realize that there is much more to this world, to life, to existance than self.
The idea that atheists, as a collective, see themselves as "supreme beings" & their "own Gods" is preposterous.

Is it not Christian religion, that which you appear to subscribe to, that claims human beings are some sort of reflection of God? Therefore placing humans above all other animals. Something which no atheist is bound to do, or believe in. Indeed, the atheist is free to view all animals as equal whereas the Christian is not.

Self-determination is not equal to being one's "own God". Religious people WORSHIP their Gods. Atheists are no more prone to narcissism than anyone else.

Too many rants going on in here, too little objective thinking.
 06-28-2009, 12:34 PM         #143
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is no irony. I am standing up to what I believe in and people hate me for that. But people hate you in general.
The irony is that you're callling other people stupid, when you've proven yourself time and time again to be a f**king idiot...
 8 years ago '04        #144
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 706 706
 jayosmooth said:
wow athiests are a touchy bunch the last little while.

the only fact is no one really knows for sure.we'll find out when we die.

organized religion is pretty much evil though, and i can see why it's drivin so many people to athieism.
I agree with this.

How people are in here throwing around words like "Fact is" and "The truth is" when they don't know s**t... Nobody knows for sure, they just know what's true to them... and you don't know what you don't know, until you know it...
 8 years ago '04        #145
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,953 | Props total: 706 706
And also, Belief in God and Religion, are two separate things...
 8 years ago '06        #146
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,361 | Props total: 4635 4635
LOL i definitely feel where you're coming from. I'm not really trying to argue with you, although I guess until I truly understand I won't harbor hatred towards religion. But as far as being OCD, i think you took that example too extreme. i honestly dont really do that often. If i forget to bring my favorite cd (at the time) with me i think nothing of it. just like having a "lucky jacket". i know its weird to compare doing something like that to religion. And i dont mean to offend any religious person with that comparison.

This is all very interesting to me. I think many are scared to have this conversation because they're scared that you might actually convince them lol. imagine being raised to think a certain way about life only to have someone that you dont know put some knowledge on you that basically shatters everything you know. i dont wanna know how that feels ha.

I guess I look at religion differently. What I get from the atheist here is that religion is man-made, a human invention. Whereas maybe Im confusing religion with spirituality, but I look it at as something more organic (for lack of better words). i guess what im trying to say is i think religion might be impossible to get rid of, at least for now, because someone is always gonna want to have a simple explanation. until science can catch up and explain all the world's mysteries i believe many will still fall back on religion, because its easy. i think having that spirituality is a function of the mind maybe, and thats why you see so many different variations across the world. predictable and irrational. for right now i think science can only explain so much and for many it will not suffice because they'll keep coming with the "ok, but...". they can easily settle that snow ball of questions by going, "because God..." maybe they're just too lazy to figure it out themselves or do the research. and so enters God that magically provide an answer for even the most complex question. its hard to argue with a person who just feels "god" is the answer to every question, especially when no evidence, proof, etc. is needed.

i just dont see why i should hate the little old jewish lady for her beliefs, even if i think it is all BS. but im gonna watch those videos and get the mind churning even more. until then, i dont won't be calling the, what i call "casual christian", an idiot.

you guys keep f!ghting the f!ght. just remember ignorance is bliss and some people just dont wanna know the truth.

r a n c i d said:
You realise that's bordering on OCD behaviour? That's a very obsessive compulsive trait.

Not even taking the p!ss but you want to stop that sort of stuff before it develops and spirals. If you really have a bad day without this ritual you do then you should get in contact with a doctor or a psychologist or something. Next thing you know you won't be able to leave your house without drinking half a glass of milk and ninja rolling out your front door.

As for all your questions about hostility towards religious people and religion from atheists, it's something you won't understand until you can see religion for the cancer it is. And it is(a cancer).

It's like Hitchens said. Religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt.

Whats the famous quote, something along the lines of; With or without religion you'd have good people doing good things and bad people doing bad things. But for a good person to do bad things that takes religion.

Religion is not needed. It's a farce. It's an anchor to the human race. That's the absolute best definition. All you can say is that religion helps alot of people get by. Well so what!? If religion wasn't there these people would cope. Religion has no reason to exist. It serves no purpose what so ever. All it does is bad.

You can wield out plenty of arguments in regards to the good it does but as previously stated, without religion that good would exist. Can you really say that without religion all the bad in the name of religion would exist? No you can't.

Religion is a cancer. This is why myself and so many fellow atheists treat it with such levels of disdain and hatred.

If you want to further learn about religion, why it's such a farce and why atheists are so viciously against the existance of religion, take some time to watch The Four Horsemen interview with 4 of the worlds leading atheists.

That's part 1. And while what I've said still probably makes little sense to you(I'm presuming you atleast hold a belief in God), once you look at the concept of God and religion objectively you will come to the same conclusion many atheists have, and you will feel the same anger towards this farcical idea and the amount of brainwashing and negativity religion is responsible for.

There is not an atheist on this planet who doesn't have disdain or contempt for religion.
 8 years ago '06        #147
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,361 | Props total: 4635 4635
see, now this man made me really think. I need to marinate on this because this did more then anything else than i've seen posted here. props.

stepyourgameup said:
Props for at least being open minded.

But to answer your question about the harmlessness of beliefs, let's look at racism. Racism is just the belief that certain races are better than others. We criticize racists. We call them stupid because they are offensive and their arguments lack logic. Not only that, but their beliefs cause them to do actions which hurt other people. So while some redneck might take comfort in believing that he's better than all the blacks in the world, does that mean that it's a good thing? Or even neutral?

That's the way atheists tend to look at religion. If it was just people keeping things to themselves it wouldn't be so bad. But when you hold back science and keep it from developing cures for diseases or alternative sources of energy because our schools are filled with religious propaganda instead of science, that hurts everyone.
 06-28-2009, 05:04 PM         #148
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is what I said recently on the knowledge corner, and since I know some people don't even know where that might be. I decided to post it on this thread, thought it would add some more gasoline to the conversation.

I am a FORMER CATHOLIC. I wasted YEARS believing in this BULLSH*T. Which is why I HATE it so GODDAMN MUCH. "ONE" UNPARDONABLE SIN???? ONE??? SO in ur f*cked up lil' brain, ur logic is telling u that it's OK to be a rapist, murderer, and a piece of sh*t child molester. That alone should turn the whole world ATHEIST.

I agree with what YoungVITO was tryin' to say, that "CHRISTIANS/CATHOLICS" all USE JOHN 3:16 to JUSTIFY their SINS. Basically, they're f*cking telling YOU that it's OK to SIN because all U have to f*cking do is accept the b*tcha$$ Christ as your personal savior and ur sins are MAGICALLY FORGIVEN.

That simple verse, is the reason why so many people have f*cked up morals to begin with.

An atheist will find all this sh*t false and live morally to their OWN standards. ANYONE can say that we should leave u bastards alone and let u believe in what u believe in, BUT F*CK THAT. I would leave u muthaf*cks alone but ur all over the media, u hold back SCIENCE (i.e. STEM CELL RESEARCH, CLONING, CURES), u hold back "POLITICS" (laws made because of "scriptures" in a f*cking fictional book), u hold back LIFE in general.

Ur in our f*cking HOLIDAYS, when christmas rolls around it's shoved down our throats. U make our families and people we KNOW all brainwashed to believe in something that has NO F*CKING EVIDENCE.

The powerful elite of this world use RELIGION to CONTROL THE MASSES. KARL MARX is the one who stated this. This "RELIGION" sh*t has been a problem even before I was f*cking born.

I make it a point to destroy RELIGION before my time is done on this Earth. Praying is not gonna solve the world's problems. I have more sh*t to say, but I'll save it for later.
 06-28-2009, 05:59 PM         #149
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f**king rancid won't let me get a word in. Every post I wanted to comment back at, has already felt the wrath of rancid
 06-28-2009, 06:26 PM         #150
JerseyLegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GoldynChyld421 said:
I agree with this.

How people are in here throwing around words like "Fact is" and "The truth is" when they don't know s**t... Nobody knows for sure, they just know what's true to them... and you don't know what you don't know, until you know it...
Exactly. Which is why agnostics/atheist say, for example, "Fact is there is no evidence to support any god.", "Truth is you don't know if heaven or hell exist.", "Fact is god and santa are one in the same." etc.

Therefore it isn't so much that, agnostics and atheists, are condescending towards theist, but when you have dudes such as C Jones and a few others in here who once have are backed into a corner and have ran out of s**t to say and get called an idiot and such, immediately they somehow seem to lose, if any, rationality. As rancid said, they keep repeating the same thing over and over as if they persist, they will eventually be right.

I (agnostic), am saying this on behalf of myself and no other atheist cause I know some will more than likely have a dif. perception......It is the simple fact that you believe. I don't care what you believe in, and much less what anyone else believes in, honestly. To me, believing, in this context, is essentially meaningless and borderline problematic.

Faith extorts rational and reality from the believer. Problem with this is false hope, violence...well you already read some post about holding science back etc.

at 'atheist on this board'.Ya make it seem as if atheist don't exist on other boards or even off-line. Like atheists are a product of the internet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
f**k c jones by the way, it is peeps like you why both theists and atheists tend to show hostility towards religion and followers , and I hope you make 10 consecutive f**king post about this as well "twat"
 06-28-2009, 07:17 PM         #151
RealWorldSht 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
na, apparently all u have to do is ask forgiveness.
If you look at statistics, we can roughly get a normal distribution for almost every human trait, e.g. height, weights, propensity for genetic disease, mental behaviour... etc etc..

and on the outliers of behaviour there are psychopaths and sociopaths etc etc..

Why would a supreme being go about creating not just an imperfect man, but an imperfect race, whose destined to sin given the both the criteria, and the behaviour of humanity.. and then demand forgiveness for an eternal reward..

Even if such a being designed such a test in his infinite logic, surely he would use a more logical method, than and archaic and flawed book, that doesn't even make sense given today's knowledge..

Surely all human beings would be born with some divine knowledge, and its up to them to choose whether they follow or it turn their backs on it.

Unfortunately this is not so. If you locked a baby in a room and supplied it with enough nourishment but no outside knowledge, it will NEVER come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ Son of God, was ressurected from the dead, and if you accept him as your saviour you will be allowed entry into heaven.

Thus such a test fails, because a proportion of humanity is outside of this realm of knowlege..

i.e. indians in the brazilian rainforest.

then there is a large proportion who are born in domains with other dominant religions (e.g. Islam).. and even if they do have access to a bible they have to make a fundamental choice as to which book to believe.

Given both require complete faith, and the social norm is to follow the dominant one then its unlikely they'll choose the bible.

Thus this test fails, and a significant proportion of man is destined not to reach heaven because they havn't accepted Jesus as their saviour.

Why would this divine book of knowlege need two parts, a multitude of copies and require several authors.

Surely there is an easier way to distribute the "word of god.."?
 06-28-2009, 08:42 PM         #152
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am a FORMER CATHOLIC. I wasted YEARS believing in this BULLSH*T. Which is why I HATE it so GODDAMN MUCH. "ONE" UNPARDONABLE SIN???? ONE??? SO in ur f*cked up lil' brain, ur logic is telling u that it's OK to be a rapist, murderer, and a piece of sh*t child molester. That alone should turn the whole world ATHEIST.

I agree with what YoungVITO was tryin' to say, that "CHRISTIANS/CATHOLICS" all USE JOHN 3:16 to JUSTIFY their SINS. Basically, they're f*cking telling YOU that it's OK to SIN because all U have to f*cking do is accept the b*tcha$$ Christ as your personal savior and ur sins are MAGICALLY FORGIVEN.

That simple verse, is the reason why so many people have f*cked up morals to begin with.

An atheist will find all this sh*t false and live morally to their OWN standards. ANYONE can say that we should leave u bastards alone and let u believe in what u believe in, BUT F*CK THAT. I would leave u muthaf*cks alone but ur all over the media, u hold back SCIENCE (i.e. STEM CELL RESEARCH, CLONING, CURES), u hold back "POLITICS" (laws made because of "scriptures" in a f*cking fictional book), u hold back LIFE in general.

Ur in our f*cking HOLIDAYS, when christmas rolls around it's shoved down our throats. U make our families and people we KNOW all brainwashed to believe in something that has NO F*CKING EVIDENCE.

The powerful elite of this world use RELIGION to CONTROL THE MASSES. KARL MARX is the one who stated this. This "RELIGION" sh*t has been a problem even before I was f*cking born.

I make it a point to destroy RELIGION before my time is done on this Earth. Praying is not gonna solve the world's problems. I have more sh*t to say, but I'll save it for later.
Str8 ethered all theists
 8 years ago '04        #153
dsoul 
space
space
space
$1,051 | Props total: 16 16
 C Jones said:
I don't see myself as an idiot. I only see a loser who thinks I am an idiot because I don't agree with his standings. Which would mean you're a tool.

no hes right

u are a f**king idiot

stop replying becuz u keep making urself sound remedial
 8 years ago '04        #154
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,737 | Props total: 28383 28383
thats good news...they have more options now

Last edited by mr_underground; 06-28-2009 at 11:19 PM..
 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM         #155
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
You're way off base man. You're comparing the belief of a higher being to the belief that one is inferior to another because of skin color? Wow you're reaching there pal.

And science? Science said the world was flat. Science said the world was the center of the universe. Science said that the way to cure the common cold was to bleed out the illness.

Fact is, some people refuse to believe that this is it. That we as humans are the most supreme beings and that we are our own Gods. Some people see outside of themselves and realize that there is much more to this world, to life, to existance than self.

The sad thing is that you get so heated and worked up about something that you don't even believe in.

Regardless, even if religion is off base, it has done way more good in this world than harm. Yea we've had wars based off religious beiefs. But there have been wars over women as well. So you're going to say women are evil because there were wars because of them?

In this argument you can make up as many outlandish comparisons like the belief in God v. racism. But you're not going to change anyone's mind.
We are nothing more than evolved primates, and actually, I DON'T believe the whole universe was created with me in mind, and some old guy watching my every move. I don't think I'm that important.

To honestly believe, that there's some space man that loves you & protects you at all times, is f**king ridiculous, forgive me, it is f**kING incredulous.

O Rly?

Tell that to the families of the victims of September 11th.
The family of the little girl that was a victim of a suicide bomber.
The family of the doctor who was murdered for performing an abortion.
The families of thousands of homos3xuals who are ridiculed, discriminated against, & even murdered, just for being of a different s3xual orientation than you, & because the bible says so.
The Spanish Inquisition.
The Crusades.

I could go on and on, but obviously you are just speaking out of your a.ss.

8 years ago '04        #156
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 Soulja1896 said:
We are nothing more than evolved primates, and actually, I DON'T believe the whole universe was created with me in mind, and some old guy watching my every move. I don't think I'm that important.

To honestly believe, that there's some space man that loves you & protects you at all times, is f**king ridiculous, forgive me, it is f**kING incredulous.

O Rly?

Tell that to the families of the victims of September 11th.
The family of the little girl that was a victim of a suicide bomber.
The family of the doctor who was murdered for performing an abortion.
The families of thousands of homos3xuals who are ridiculed, discriminated against, & even murdered, just for being of a different s3xual orientation than you, & because the bible says so.
The Spanish Inquisition.
The Crusades.

I could go on and on, but obviously you are just speaking out of your a.ss.

To subscribe to your simplistic view of what you think my beliefs is retarded. So you think we evolved from primates right? You're nothing more than a monkey? You're not important and contribute nothing to the universe as a whole? Then why the f**k are you still here? You have a stupid teenage mindset who don't give a f**k about nothing. YOU think God is some man in the sky. I don't. I have a much different opinion of what God is. YOU have YOUR perception of religion. Which is different from God. Go back rethink your s**t.

You're too small time. You need to think on a bigger level. Religion has touched almost every family in every society since the begining of time. You can't even count the number of people who have been helped on numerous occassions by their faith. No matter what religion is.

It's funny that you believe your story sooooo much, that you can't even be a big enough man to re evaluate your own views.
 8 years ago '08        #157
Gmo BlaZe 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,886 | Props total: 676 676
I don't understand how God could possibly understand me and what I go through if at a flick of a wrist the n*gga change any and everything. I can't do that s**t! Maybe because I don't attend hogwarts academy? Any wizards here? Plz b honest!?! Lol I don't wanna burn n hell cuz I can't do magic :( but really tho...how can god relate to me if he can do anything?
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-29-2009, 03:09 AM         #158
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C Jones said:
And you think these people would act any different without religion in their lives? I'm pretty sure if you're gonna blow yourself up and k!ll people you are already messed, but it gets blamed on religion.
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

I don't k!ll people, or r*pe women, or hijack planes. Because, um, I just f**king KNOW that you are not supposed to do that. For you to suggest that people would not be able to distinguish right from wrong if we didn't have an old man watching over us is not only absurd, but insulting.
 06-29-2009, 03:16 AM         #159
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
To subscribe to your simplistic view of what you think my beliefs is retarded. So you think we evolved from primates right? You're nothing more than a monkey? You're not important and contribute nothing to the universe as a whole? Then why the f**k are you still here? You have a stupid teenage mindset who don't give a f**k about nothing. YOU think God is some man in the sky. I don't. I have a much different opinion of what God is. YOU have YOUR perception of religion. Which is different from God. Go back rethink your s**t.

You're too small time. You need to think on a bigger level. Religion has touched almost every family in every society since the begining of time. You can't even count the number of people who have been helped on numerous occassions by their faith. No matter what religion is.

It's funny that you believe your story sooooo much, that you can't even be a big enough man to re evaluate your own views.
Why am I still here? Incredibly stupid question if you ask me. Animals die...I just haven't died yet. I don't understand what you're trying to get across with that..

"Go back rethink your s**t."

Can you form a coherent sentence?

You can't even count the number of people who have been hurt in any way, shape or form by religion. I find it incredibly strange how you didn't try to rebut what I said concerning all the harm that organized religion has inflicted on the world...

06-29-2009, 05:42 AM         #160
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C Jones said:
I didn't say that I said people would do bad things either way, they just use religion as an excuse for their behavior
Like the mother who k!lled her two sons because God told her to?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago