Jun 25 - Two thirds of UK teenagers don't believe in God

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-27-2009, 02:14 PM         #121
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ I claimed I r*ped God brutally, and I'm the one who k!lled Jesus to, in fact I r*ped his corpse... how much apologizing will it take to get me into heaven???
 06-27-2009, 02:22 PM         #122
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AlexG1989 said:
^^^ I claimed I r*ped God brutally, and I'm the one who k!lled Jesus to, in fact I r*ped his corpse... how much apologizing will it take to get me into heaven???
yeah theres a difference between debate and just antagonistic unnecessary nonsense.
 8 years ago '05        #123
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 589 589
The famine has begun... not for food but Truth
 06-27-2009, 02:45 PM         #124
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not a huge region person, I haven't been to church since I was a kid, but whenever I'm going through a tough situation I say prayer now and then (just to stop me from going insane). I don't know if it's the laws of attraction or a higher power, but just by thinking positive and staying focus I always manage to pull through. I'm not saying god exist, I just feel comfortable knowing maybe I have someone looking out for me.

If god is imaginary I don't care, if someone never told me about heaven and hell, I would probably be in prison or worst, dead. Why try to expose something that has saved many from committing many vicious crimes?

Live you life, play video games, have fun, just don't try to expose religion and pray now and then (at least for a second) just to be safe, don't act like you know it all.

Last edited by Sam Rothstein; 06-27-2009 at 02:47 PM..
 8 years ago '09        #125
ImageOfTruth 
space
space
$3,053 | Props total: 16 16
Allahu akbar or God is Great. (Not Islamic just thought this applied here)

Get in touch with your spirituality (that doesn't mean become a religious zealot), the darkness in this world has won over an entire generation of lifeless and money worshiping slugs.

The devil controls earth, and by extension, he takes hold of who ever mindlessly consumes his way of living at all levels of society. Say your prayers believers and non-believers, because a crucifix won't save you, the Qu'ran won't save you, being circumsized won't do anything where were going. It means absolutely nothing to me whether you heed these isolated words found on the internet. Your lack of understanding has led to ignorance on a massive scale in a planet inhabited by a supposedly intelligent life form.

Pray for mercy, but we don't deserve it.

Last edited by ImageOfTruth; 06-27-2009 at 03:13 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #126
dizzle trizzle 7 heat pts
space
space
$7,125 | Props total: 2626 2626
cause they get free health care probably
 8 years ago '06        #127
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,357 | Props total: 4629 4629
dang....so nobody tried to answer my question????

anyways...i think its very interesting to see all these different takes on religion. the atheist have really got me thinking EVEN MORE about this s**t. and i think its good to challenge the mind.

but what i dont understand is how some of you that dont believe are soooooo condescending. to call people stupid and s**t like that. for the everyday person to believe in a god casually...is it that harmless? are they really stupid? some people make a choice. we make irrational choices, sometimes even knowing they're irrational because we do it from an emotional state.

none of yall have a "favorite" jacket? pair of shoes? or routine that you pretend helps you in some way? like, i got a ritual that i perform every morning that i have to be playing a certain type of music on my way to work or else i'll have a bad day. now, i know its stupid and it isnt true but i do it anyway because i enjoying believing in that bulls**t. some people like religion because it gives them a routine, or because they like the history and tradition, some just want structure.

i think you guys might be severely overestimating how many people truly, without doubt, believe in God or a god. I feel most doubt and question religion, maybe even to the extent that an atheist does, but CHOOSE to believe in it - and "believe" can mean all degrees, from little to no belief to fanatic.
 06-27-2009, 04:32 PM         #128
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carl0489 said:
If you think about it, logic thought and reasoning state that "God" does exist.

But it really doesn't matter because a simple idea is not gonna make your life any better or worse it only effects your perception. If the idea of floating around on a cloud for all eternity improves one person's outlook on life, who am I to say that person is wrong? We each get 1 life so everyone should be able to live it however they want.
Wow, you're a dumb motherf**ker.

Just because you believe the idea that there's an afterlife, and you'll be able to see all your dead relatives in heaven, & that there's an old space man watching over you at all times, doesn't mean it's true, or even reasonable.

It might comfort you, doesn't mean it's fact.
 06-27-2009, 04:41 PM         #129
Soulja1896 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get it Right said:
I'm not a huge region person, I haven't been to church since I was a kid, but whenever I'm going through a tough situation I say prayer now and then (just to stop me from going insane). I don't know if it's the laws of attraction or a higher power, but just by thinking positive and staying focus I always manage to pull through. I'm not saying god exist, I just feel comfortable knowing maybe I have someone looking out for me.

If god is imaginary I don't care, if someone never told me about heaven and hell, I would probably be in prison or worst, dead. Why try to expose something that has saved many from committing many vicious crimes?

Live you life, play video games, have fun, just don't try to expose religion and pray now and then (at least for a second) just to be safe, don't act like you know it all.
At the same time, it has been the major cause of hatred and death on our planet.

Muslims bombing people, little children, mutilating the c*itoris of little girls, flying planes into skyscrapers, according to them, I should be k!lled because I don't believe in Allah...

Christians spreading hatred & bigotry towards homos3xuals (because the bible says so), women, bombing abortion clinics, mutilating the genitalia of baby boys..

Mormons were officially a racist organization until recently.

The f**king list goes on and on and on...
 8 years ago '06        #130
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,357 | Props total: 4629 4629
I interpret it that hes just saying he probably doesnt think it's true for him or others, but that its comforting, despite how unreasonable or irrational it is.

Soulja1896 said:
Wow, you're a dumb motherf**ker.

Just because you believe the idea that there's an afterlife, and you'll be able to see all your dead relatives in heaven, & that there's an old space man watching over you at all times, doesn't mean it's true, or even reasonable.

It might comfort you, doesn't mean it's fact.
 06-27-2009, 05:42 PM         #131
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
i got a ritual that i perform every morning that i have to be playing a certain type of music on my way to work or else i'll have a bad day. now, i know its stupid and it isnt true but i do it anyway because i enjoying believing in that bulls**t. some people like religion because it gives them a routine, or because they like the history and tradition, some just want structure.
You realise that's bordering on OCD behaviour? That's a very obsessive compulsive trait.

Not even taking the p!ss but you want to stop that sort of stuff before it develops and spirals. If you really have a bad day without this ritual you do then you should get in contact with a doctor or a psychologist or something. Next thing you know you won't be able to leave your house without drinking half a glass of milk and ninja rolling out your front door.

As for all your questions about hostility towards religious people and religion from atheists, it's something you won't understand until you can see religion for the cancer it is. And it is(a cancer).

It's like Hitchens said. Religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt.

[video - click to view]

Whats the famous quote, something along the lines of; With or without religion you'd have good people doing good things and bad people doing bad things. But for a good person to do bad things that takes religion.

Religion is not needed. It's a farce. It's an anchor to the human race. That's the absolute best definition. All you can say is that religion helps alot of people get by. Well so what!? If religion wasn't there these people would cope. Religion has no reason to exist. It serves no purpose what so ever. All it does is bad.

You can wield out plenty of arguments in regards to the good it does but as previously stated, without religion that good would exist. Can you really say that without religion all the bad in the name of religion would exist? No you can't.

Religion is a cancer. This is why myself and so many fellow atheists treat it with such levels of disdain and hatred.

If you want to further learn about religion, why it's such a farce and why atheists are so viciously against the existance of religion, take some time to watch The Four Horsemen interview with 4 of the worlds leading atheists.

[video - click to view]

That's part 1. And while what I've said still probably makes little sense to you(I'm presuming you atleast hold a belief in God), once you look at the concept of God and religion objectively you will come to the same conclusion many atheists have, and you will feel the same anger towards this farcical idea and the amount of brainwashing and negativity religion is responsible for.

There is not an atheist on this planet who doesn't have disdain or contempt for religion.
 06-27-2009, 07:01 PM         #132
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Family is indeed more important. Seems like they have values, and don't need to follow a religion. Some people don't get that religion shouldn't be looked at as a requirement for anything.

Yet, politicians feel the need ot pander to evangelicals every chance they get. It's sad.
 06-27-2009, 10:30 PM         #133
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ oh the irony lmao
 06-27-2009, 11:52 PM         #134
stepyourgameup 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DominicanLou said:
dang....so nobody tried to answer my question????

anyways...i think its very interesting to see all these different takes on religion. the atheist have really got me thinking EVEN MORE about this s**t. and i think its good to challenge the mind.

but what i dont understand is how some of you that dont believe are soooooo condescending. to call people stupid and s**t like that. for the everyday person to believe in a god casually...is it that harmless? are they really stupid? some people make a choice. we make irrational choices, sometimes even knowing they're irrational because we do it from an emotional state.

none of yall have a "favorite" jacket? pair of shoes? or routine that you pretend helps you in some way? like, i got a ritual that i perform every morning that i have to be playing a certain type of music on my way to work or else i'll have a bad day. now, i know its stupid and it isnt true but i do it anyway because i enjoying believing in that bulls**t. some people like religion because it gives them a routine, or because they like the history and tradition, some just want structure.

i think you guys might be severely overestimating how many people truly, without doubt, believe in God or a god. I feel most doubt and question religion, maybe even to the extent that an atheist does, but CHOOSE to believe in it - and "believe" can mean all degrees, from little to no belief to fanatic.
Props for at least being open minded.

But to answer your question about the harmlessness of beliefs, let's look at racism. Racism is just the belief that certain races are better than others. We criticize racists. We call them stupid because they are offensive and their arguments lack logic. Not only that, but their beliefs cause them to do actions which hurt other people. So while some redneck might take comfort in believing that he's better than all the blacks in the world, does that mean that it's a good thing? Or even neutral?

That's the way atheists tend to look at religion. If it was just people keeping things to themselves it wouldn't be so bad. But when you hold back science and keep it from developing cures for diseases or alternative sources of energy because our schools are filled with religious propaganda instead of science, that hurts everyone.
 06-28-2009, 04:25 AM         #135
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C Jones said:
I don't see how it's holding back anything. You can believe in God and still be a scientist, it's only dumbass atheist who say that Religion is holding back science.
That's because religion is holding back science. It's only the ignorant and uneducated religious who deny it.

And lol at believing in God and being a scientist. How many real scientists believe in God? I can tell you not f**king many.

Why? Because science is about reason and rationality. A reasonable and intelligent man cannot believe in an imaginary God. He simply can't.

You are the biggest f**king idiot I think i've seen on Boxden. You're the epitome of a religious person. You say nothing of merit, but think that if you repeat what you say enough times you'll win the argument. You've been r*ped straight up and down in this debate in EVERY single way. Just leave.
 06-28-2009, 04:47 AM         #136
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C Jones said:
I find it funny how you think a rational man could not believe in God lol. Also I haven't been r*ped at all, if you think I have been than you're a lonely little f*g**t, but I believe you already were.
The concept of God is irrational at best. THere is 0 evidence for it. Why would a rational man have a belief in a concept completely void of evidence?

Rational men do not entertain myths.

I find it funny that you're such a f**king idiot.
 06-28-2009, 06:52 AM         #137
clickclack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
God is the Santa Claus for adults. He is the protagonist of the Bible, a book which has somehow sold more copies than Harry Potter, making it the most successful work of fiction evar. The Bible, the chronology of God's Adventures, is a volume of pr0nography, r*pe, incest and other sorts of epic win. It is believed that God created the universe for no other reason than to play a game of The Sims against Satan. He is also a mega douche.

God's Many Forms

According to Christians, God exists in Trinity, which means that he has multiple personality disorder. His three personalities are:

* The Father

This is the coolest version of God. The Father smites people and pwns them in the a.ss for pretty much anything, from homos3xuality to being of the wrong race.

* The Son

This version of God is a raging f*g**t and whiny p***y who took it up the a.ss from rubberduc. Notable features include his ability to turn water into santorum and his getting nailed to a cross.

* The Holy Ghost

This version of God allows God to watch everyone in the f**king world at once (like Santa)
 8 years ago '05        #138
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
and they say kids are dumb these days.
 8 years ago '04        #139
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 stepyourgameup said:
Props for at least being open minded.

But to answer your question about the harmlessness of beliefs, let's look at racism. Racism is just the belief that certain races are better than others. We criticize racists. We call them stupid because they are offensive and their arguments lack logic. Not only that, but their beliefs cause them to do actions which hurt other people. So while some redneck might take comfort in believing that he's better than all the blacks in the world, does that mean that it's a good thing? Or even neutral?

That's the way atheists tend to look at religion. If it was just people keeping things to themselves it wouldn't be so bad. But when you hold back science and keep it from developing cures for diseases or alternative sources of energy because our schools are filled with religious propaganda instead of science, that hurts everyone.
You're way off base man. You're comparing the belief of a higher being to the belief that one is inferior to another because of skin color? Wow you're reaching there pal.

And science? Science said the world was flat. Science said the world was the center of the universe. Science said that the way to cure the common cold was to bleed out the illness.

Fact is, some people refuse to believe that this is it. That we as humans are the most supreme beings and that we are our own Gods. Some people see outside of themselves and realize that there is much more to this world, to life, to existance than self.

The sad thing is that you get so heated and worked up about something that you don't even believe in.

Regardless, even if religion is off base, it has done way more good in this world than harm. Yea we've had wars based off religious beiefs. But there have been wars over women as well. So you're going to say women are evil because there were wars because of them?

In this argument you can make up as many outlandish comparisons like the belief in God v. racism. But you're not going to change anyone's mind.
 8 years ago '04        #140
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 clickclack said:
God is the Santa Claus for adults. He is the protagonist of the Bible, a book which has somehow sold more copies than Harry Potter, making it the most successful work of fiction evar. The Bible, the chronology of God's Adventures, is a volume of pr0nography, r*pe, incest and other sorts of epic win. It is believed that God created the universe for no other reason than to play a game of The Sims against Satan. He is also a mega douche.

God's Many Forms

According to Christians, God exists in Trinity, which means that he has multiple personality disorder. His three personalities are:

* The Father

This is the coolest version of God. The Father smites people and pwns them in the a.ss for pretty much anything, from homos3xuality to being of the wrong race.

* The Son

This version of God is a raging f*g**t and whiny p***y who took it up the a.ss from rubberduc. Notable features include his ability to turn water into santorum and his getting nailed to a cross.

* The Holy Ghost

This version of God allows God to watch everyone in the f**king world at once (like Santa)
Wow and you're a f**king idiot too. Try to get your religions straight. Catholic is not the same thing as Christian. Not all Christians believe in the trinity.

You're whole argument is wack. You sound like a little HS douchebag who listens to his older brother way too much.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago