Jun 25 - Two thirds of UK teenagers don't believe in God

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
190 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #41
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 Exodus X13 said:
Are you totally idiotic or what?

Atheists/non believers have nothing to prove, you can't prove a non existent being. You provide the f**king proof of the existence.

Logic, thought and reasoning >>>>>>.
If you make a claim or a statement saying, THIS IS SO...then your a.ss better be able to back it up. You're stating something as fact. Ok well if it's fact, prove it? It's not that hard.

Str8 outta Cuse said:
I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe he was on this earth and was God's way of spreading his word around. Man didn't make up Jesus. He was a living being who performed miracles. I believe in the Bible. .do I 100% know? no i don't. But do I believe that in Christ the Lord. Yes I do. So I guess I do know 100%.
I too believe in Jesus Christ, but I can't prove it. My faith is what is fundamental. But I'm not going to sit here and argue with these guys who somehow know for a fact that they are the highest power ever to evolve. That there is no creator and that Angelina Joulie evolved from something that crawled out of a swamp. There's no point. I do however think that religion has been bastardized and is now only another big business like alcohol, tobacco and oil.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 06-25-2009 at 07:12 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #42
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
If you make a claim or a statement saying, THIS IS SO...then your a.ss better be able to back it up. You're stating something as fact. Ok well if it's fact, prove it? It's not that hard.
The burden of proof is always on the believer.
 06-25-2009, 07:13 PM         #43
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gratz_the_king said:
i may open the floodgates if i say this..but f**k it...

over the years ive noticed a direct correlation to people who believe in god/religion and people in ghettos/uneducated areas. mostly down south in the u.s.

no offense, but thats a fact...even in this topic..if you look at the people who are defending religion, they are all reppin a ghetto or a southern state...no offense but you guys are HIGHLY uneducated and live in poor areas where education is not a big thing. again, not my opinion, thats a fact...

you guys need to catch up for real...its not your fault so im not blaming you...but i just thought id like to point out that fact...religion only exists in poor, uneducated areas...ever notice that?
Not all the time, most but not all. I just think idiots in general support the idea of a god.
 8 years ago '04        #44
space
space
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
The burden of proof is always on the believer.
false. that's just a puss way of trying to come across as right. If you say something is fact, man the f**k up and prove it. There is no burden of proof. The burden happened when you stated it as fact.

and it's called Faith, remedial one, Faith. That's why I say I believe in God.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 06-25-2009 at 07:16 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #45
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

I too believe in Jesus Christ, but I can't prove it. .
Right.
 8 years ago '04        #46
space
space
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
Right.
Get out of your 6th grade reading level and try to use your critical thinking skills.
 8 years ago '04        #47
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #48
space
space
 gratz_the_king said:

over the years ive noticed a direct correlation to people who believe in god/religion and people in ghettos/uneducated areas. mostly down south in the u.s.

no offense, but thats a fact...even in this topic..if you look at the people who are defending religion, they are all reppin a ghetto or a southern state...no offense but you guys are HIGHLY uneducated and live in poor areas where education is not a big thing. again, not my opinion, thats a fact...

you guys need to catch up for real...its not your fault so im not blaming you...but i just thought id like to point out that fact...religion only exists in poor, uneducated areas...ever notice that?
And this dude obviously needs to get out more. Come to where I stay at. Most of the people who go to church are middle to upper class whites who live in the suburbs. Why do you think there are mega-churches that have multi-million dollar a year budgets? Cuz they're in the ghetto w/ poor folk? lol expand your horizons player. Again, stating something as fact like you're the authority on the subject only make you look like an a55hole.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 06-25-2009 at 07:21 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #49
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
false. that's just a puss way of trying to come across as right. If you say something is fact, man the f**k up and prove it. There is no burden of proof. The burden happened when you stated it as fact.
No it isnt. The fact is, there is not one shred of evidence to back your claims. so until you can prove it. Jesus, God, whoever the f**k ever exist = FACT

Last edited by ---Max-Payne---; 06-25-2009 at 07:23 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #50
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
It's pretty funny how this guy is now taking shots at me. Utter garbage being posted on this thread.
 8 years ago '04        #51
space
space
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
No it isnt. The fact is, there is not one shred of evidence to back your claims. so until you can prove it. Jesus, God, whoever the f**k ever don't exist = FACT
Obviously you have never taken a college level course. But there is in fact volumes of evidence that Jesus existed. Now whether he was the son of God or not is to be debated.

---Max-Payne--- said:
It's pretty funny how this guy is now taking shots at me. Utter garbage being posted on this thread.
Don't be mad cuz you got out debated. The difference between me and you is that you just run your mouth. I only run my mouth when I have something to say.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 06-25-2009 at 07:23 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #52
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Obviously you have never taken a college level course. But there is in fact volumes of evidence that Jesus existed.

I'll leave it at that. You just proved you know nothing.

Everybody, let's laugh at this quote.

And I have a Degree. not like that matters...

Last edited by ---Max-Payne---; 06-25-2009 at 07:30 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #53
space
space
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
I'll leave it at that. You just proved you know nothing.

Everybody, let's laugh at this quote.
Here you go you 14yr old pre-pubesent virgin b***h.

Strangely, some say that Jesus never lived—that he is, in effect, a creation of some first-century men. Answering such skeptics, the respected historian Will Durant argued: “That a few simple men should in one generation have invented so powerful and appealing a personality, so lofty an ethic and so inspiring a vision of human brotherhood, would be a miracle far more incredible than any recorded in the Gospels.”

Ask yourself: Could a person who never lived have affected human history so remarkably? The reference work The Historians' History of the World observed: “The historical result of [Jesus'] activities was more momentous, even from a strictly secular standpoint, than the deeds of any other character of history. A new era, recognised by the chief civilisations of the world, dates from his birth.”

Yes, think about it. Even calendars today are based on the year that Jesus was thought to have been born. “Dates before that year are listed as B.C., or before Christ,” explains The World Book Encyclopedia. “Dates after that year are listed as A.D., or anno Domini (in the year of our Lord).”

Critics, nevertheless, point out that all that we really know about Jesus is found in the Bible. No other contemporary records concerning him exist. But is this true?

Although references to Jesus Christ by early secular historians are meager, such references do exist.

Cornelius Tacitus, a respected first-century Roman historian, wrote: “The name [Christian] is derived from Christ, whom the procurator Pontius Pilate had executed in the reign of Tiberius.”

Suetonius and Pliny the Younger, other Roman writers of the time, also referred to Christ.

In addition, Flavius Josephus, a first-century Jewish historian, wrote of James, whom he identified as “the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ.”

"EVIDENCE IN MUSEUM?"

The first-century Jewish historian Josephus referred to the stoning of “James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ.” (THE JEWISH ANTIQUITIES, JOSEPHUS, BOOK XX, SEC. 200)

Tacitus, a Roman historian who lived during the latter part of the first century C.E., wrote: “Christus [Latin for “Christ”], from whom the name [Christian] had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus.”—THE COMPLETE WORKS OF TACITUS (NEW YORK, 1942), “THE ANNALS,” BOOK 15, PAR. 44.

With reference to early non-Christian historical references to Jesus, THE NEW ENCYCLOPÆDIA BRITANNICA states: “These independent accounts prove that in ancient times even the opponents of Christianity never doubted the historicity of Jesus "(1976), MACROPÆDIA, VOL. 10, P. 145.

As it did with the Hebrew Scriptures, archaeology has brought to light many interesting artifacts in support of the inspired record contained in the Christian Greek Scriptures.

For instance –

Pontius Pilate Inscription. It was in 1961 that the first archaeological find was made with reference to Pontius Pilate. ( the person who put Jesus to death) This was a stone slab located at Caesarea, which bore in Latin the name of Pontius Pilate

To mention only one, as there are literally hundreds of artifacts relating to everything Jesus said and did. All the people Jesus mentioned, there is proof they existed, all the places he said he visited, there is proof these places did exist, and so on.

To put is simply, if we are to doubt the historicity of Jesus, we must also doubt the historicity of ones like, Alexander the Great and Napoleon, as there is more evidence of Jesus existence than of theirs.

"BIBLE ALL HEARSAY, WHERES THE PROOF?"

You have obviously never studied the bible, because if you did you would see why so many people have complete faith that it is the "Word of God" and despite it being translated again and again there are no additions, mistakes or errors.

I for one would not just put my faith and trust in any old book, I have studied it for 30 years now and believe me, it is not "hearsay" here are some examples of why I believe it is the word of God—

1. It is filled with prophecies reflecting detailed knowledge of the future—something impossible for humans.

2. Its contents are scientifically sound on matters that human researchers discovered only at a later date

3. Its internal harmony is significant

This is especially so in view of the fact that the books of the Bible were recorded by some 40 men as diverse as king, prophet, herdsman, tax collector, and physician. They did the writing over a period of 1,610 years; so there was no opportunity for collusion. Yet their writings agree, even in the smallest detail. To appreciate the extent to which the various portions of the Bible are harmoniously intertwined, you must read and study it personally.

How can we be sure the Bible has not been changed?

“In the number of ancient MSS. [manuscripts] attesting a writing, and in the number of years that had elapsed between the original and the attesting MSS., the Bible enjoys a decided advantage over classical writings [those of Homer, Plato, and others]. . . . Altogether classical MSS. are but a handful compared with Biblical. No ancient book is so well attested as the Bible.”—The Bible From the Beginning (New York, 1929), P. Marion Simms, pp. 74, 76.

A report published in 1971 shows that there are possibly 6,000 handwritten copies containing all or part of the Hebrew Scriptures; the oldest dates back to the third century B.C.E. Of the Christian Greek Scriptures, there are some 5,000 in Greek, the oldest dating back to the beginning of the second century C.E. There are also many copies of early translations into other languages.

In the introduction to his seven volumes on The Chester Beatty Biblical Papyri, Sir Frederic Kenyon wrote: “The first and most important conclusion derived from the examination of them [the papyri] is the satisfactory one that they confirm the essential soundness of the existing texts. No striking or fundamental variation is shown either in the Old or the New Testament. There are no important omissions or additions of passages, and no variations which affect vital facts or doctrines. The variations of text affect minor matters, such as the order of words or the precise words used . . . But their essential importance is their confirmation, by evidence of an earlier date than was hitherto available, of the integrity of our existing texts.”—(London, 1933), p. 15.
 8 years ago '04        #54
space
space
but your over privledged, lazy a.ss probably ain't even gonna read all of it. Just try to pass it off cuz you know you lost.
 8 years ago '04        #55
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
lol I'm 25

Please post your sources also
 8 years ago '04        #56
space
space
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
lol I'm 25

Please post your sources also
doubt that.

and if you read the article (like I knew you wouldn't) you'd see that it has footnotes in it.
 8 years ago '06        #57
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,361 | Props total: 4635 4635
oooouch...

i feel what youre saying....but damn thats a pretty broad statement to make. im coming from one of those areas, by the way.

but the reason i think its like that is because, (here i go making blanket statements with no proof) people from those areas you just described are coming from cultures where religion played a heavy role in everyday life. Like if you wanna talk about black americans, religion or having a strong relationship with religion was probably only one of those few intangible things that africans could've brought over and maintained throughout years. So now that we happen to be a majority in the ghettos it appears as all people in the ghetto flee to religion blindly to "deal with their fate". i guess i would say the same about latino communities and even asian communities who i believe have a stronger relationship with religion then...say european cultures (again, just talking s**t, have no proof).

my opinion is that religion is necessary. like for some living in the depressed communities religion is something that can help them get by and deal with their life. i think for them it could be a way to cope. something that cant be taken away, like a car, a house, a job, etc.

and i think for others without religion we might have some people out here doing things to other people or things without remorse because they would have no fear of having to answer to a higher power.

for the dude that goes to prison for armed robbery and "discovers islam", gets released and decides he wont rob or k!ll, i want that man to have his religion.

for the n*ggas who simply cant trust themselves to follow basic morals and values....they might need an extra layer..called religion to help keep them in check. You know how when you hear people say "Shiiit, you lucky I'm a God-fearing person or else I would...."

some of yall dont need that. whether you do right or wrong isnt dependent on whether you think there is life after death or not.

if every person in this world who believed in God had the option of living like God didnt exist, what do you think would happen?

gratz_the_king said:

8 years ago '04        #58
space
space
 gratz_the_king said:
nah i know, your absolutely right..ive seen middle-upper class white people who are religious NUTS ...but the common thing they share with people from ghettos are that they are BOTH usually in the south. i guess they are just uneducated down there
Naw man. Utah is the most crazy religious state we got in this country. Those mormans are nutz. And it's like the whole state. CO is way WAY Christian. Same with MT, MN. I think it's more of the central US rather than south. Cuz religion has always been close to the farmers and country folk in Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, etc. But when you have millions of upper/lower class whites and blacks going to church I don't think it's fair to make a generalization to that extent. Every single person I know who goes to church has at least a BA college degree.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 06-25-2009 at 07:41 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #59
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
I am reading it, I see you've copied and pasted this from an article by a Christian apologist named Brenda Martin. The fact that it uses Bible sources is just silly.

99% 'proof' of Jesus is found exclusively in the Bible.

Josephus, a Jewish historian in the first century, CE, only wrote a few lines about Jesus, almost all of which are widely regarded as forgeries by later Christians.

So in short, no. There is no concrete, proof any aspect of this is true. There is quite a bit written about Jesus, but nearly none of it is 100% accepted as authentic. And even if it were, the earliest is from 40 years after Jesus died...some of it over 80 years after the fact.

In those days, how much do you think people were able to verify about events that took place well before they were born?

How much could you tell me about World War I without relying on second-hand information?

Last edited by ---Max-Payne---; 06-25-2009 at 09:40 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #60
space
space
 ---Max-Payne--- said:
I am reading it. and I see you've copied and pasted this from some and article by a Christian named Brenda Martin. The fact that it uses Bible sources is just silly.

99% is found exclusively in the Bible.

Josephus, a Jewish historian in the first century, CE, only wrote a few lines about Jesus, almost all of which are widely regarded as forgeries by later Christians.

So in short, no. There is no concrete, proof any aspect of this is true. There is quite a bit written about Jesus, but nearly none of it is 100% accepted as authentic. And even if it were, the earliest is from 40 years after Jesus died...some of it over 80 years after the fact.

In those days, how much do you think people were able to verify about events that took place well before they were born?

How much could you tell me about World War I without relying on second-hand information?
It's funny that you invest so much time/energy to tear down someone who supposedly didn't exits. If you're going to refute the article, why don't you refute the whole thing?

Regardless of the writings, what about the first paragraph.

And yea I just went to the first google site I saw. I'm not going to invest weeks into presenting a report to you. If you really don't believe in Jesus, why don't you find out for yourself, instead of just a.ssuming your right simply because you said so? That's the lazy way out.

Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 06-25-2009 at 07:45 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy