Jun 25 - Two thirds of UK teenagers don't believe in God

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-25-2009, 01:34 PM         #21
MrDan71 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gratz_the_king said:
religion is f**kin bulls**t...any f*g**ts who believe in that s**t in 2009 are seriously retarded...im 22 and have started questioning the existence of good in my early teens...we are nothing more than a highly evolved organism...thats all we are...we werent created and placed here by some man in the clouds...smh at anyone who believes that still

there is no god, no afterlife...but there IS energy....and we live on through that...
Wow, upset much? Just for that, I'll pray for you. LOL
 06-25-2009, 01:40 PM         #22
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"How can the moralities of an ancient religion relate to the tragedies and disorders of today's broken world?

exactly
 8 years ago '04        #23
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,141 | Props total: 9450 9450
all you dumb a.ss f**ks who say there is no god like it's fact are f**king idiots. You can't prove it. SO why not say, I don't believe there is a god. a.ssume responsibility for what you're saying.

Same way as those who believe in God sound stupid to the athiests because they're saying it like it's fact.

NOBODY KNOWS!!!

You can't prove s**t. I can't prove s**t. So stop talking like your speaking facts when you know damn well you can't prove s**t.
 06-25-2009, 04:26 PM         #24
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scorp said:
"How can the moralities of an ancient religion relate to the tragedies and disorders of today's broken world?

exactly
many of the do tho, im an atheist and i can recognise that.

like the good samaritan, just change samaritan to white/black/asian/polish/immigrant etc.
 8 years ago '05        #25
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
all you dumb a.ss f**ks who say there is no god like it's fact are f**king idiots. You can't prove it. SO why not say, I don't believe there is a god. a.ssume responsibility for what you're saying.

Same way as those who believe in God sound stupid to the athiests because they're saying it like it's fact.

NOBODY KNOWS!!!

You can't prove s**t. I can't prove s**t. So stop talking like your speaking facts when you know damn well you can't prove s**t.
I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe he was on this earth and was God's way of spreading his word around. Man didn't make up Jesus. He was a living being who performed miracles. I believe in the Bible. .do I 100% know? no i don't. But do I believe that in Christ the Lord. Yes I do. So I guess I do know 100%.
 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM         #26
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
This isn't me looking for a f!ght but:

Everyone does know why Western Europe/England doesn't believe in God right? It simply happpened over 50 years ago: World War I and World War II. I had a teacher in High School who lived in England for 25 years and when we got to the World War's unit he explained to us how it changed England/Western Europe. 1st was the land destruction. They had never seen destruction like that to their land and property. Next was the casualties. Both wars saw a combined casualties in England of almost 1.5 million people. Nearly 2 million people were wounded as well. That means roughly 3.5 million people were effected by the Wars, either through death or wounds. After the horrors of the concentration camps were uncovered, things were lost forever.

The people of England (W. Europe too I believe) began to question if there was a God and if there was how he could let this happen to his people? Church numbers plummeted to record lows and have never climbed back up. They most likely never will either.

And that's how I would understand this article. Not that one country is more ignorant or more advanced or anything. That may be so, but I look at it historically.
the questioning of the existence of god happened far before ww2, or at least prior to it.

in this period u have evolutionary threory being properly established and proved, secularist (at least towards monotheistic traditional religion) illustrated by the bolshevics in russia, nazis in germany.

and i think youve inadvertently hit the nail on the head there "church numbers plummeted and never recovered", this doesnt mean people suddenly became atheists, it means lots of people ceased the TRADITION of going to church.

do all the people in america who go 2 church really believe in god or do they do it because of community, relatives etc.

i would say its true people in america, or at least certain parts feel more of an obligation to make a declaration of faith, even if deviating from the traditional view of god, wheras in most of modern western europe theres more of an impetus to declare yourself an atheist.

----------------------------------

these arguments arent really productive anyway, its all beliefs, one side has a belief there is a god, supported largely by humans inability to contemplate, acknowledge and accept their own mortality and lack of overall significance in the universe.

and on the other the belief that there isnt a god supported largely by fairly recent scientific theory, which is proven in nature, this cannot disprove the existence of an almighty deity but it does preety much disprove the notion of the bible being a literal document, and subsequently the existence of the god we have come accustomed to.

some may argue god tried 2 simplify it for our ancestors who wouldve been unable to understand the complexities of the framework of the universe and life, that this new age of discovery simply leads us to better understand and make further communion with god......but id say thats a bit of an insult to our forefathers to whom we owe the very modern marvels that disprove gods existence, and sadly,mans spiritual immortality.
 06-25-2009, 04:44 PM         #27
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe he was on this earth and was God's way of spreading his word around. Man didn't make up Jesus. He was a living being who performed miracles. I believe in the Bible. .do I 100% know? no i don't. But do I believe that in Christ the Lord. Yes I do. So I guess I do know 100%.
belief isnt knowing though, its convincing yourself you know, and atheists do it too.

and jesus wasnt invented but his biblical image (in order to coincide and adhere to the notions of a jewish messiah) was largely created or distorted, or a result of the later incorporation of other belief systems, such as the 25th dec birth.
 06-25-2009, 04:48 PM         #28
carl0489 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who care's if God exists or not?
 8 years ago '07        #29
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
its the cool thing to do
 06-25-2009, 05:03 PM         #30
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree you can apply the basic morales and teachings of them. but i don't see how that is related to religion. maybe it's semantics and what does religion actually mean.
 06-25-2009, 05:07 PM         #31
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
"A Church of England spokesman said: "Many teenagers aren't sure what they believe at that stage of their lives, as is clear from the number who said they don't know whether they believe in God."

Yeah, and when they all hit 20 only 1/20 will believe in God, c*nt.

The ones that aren't sure what they believe are only unsure because they're battling religion their inbred family have tried to push on them.

Religion is a f**king joke. I told you people for so long nobody here believes in God and was accused of lying, maybe you'll get it now. Western Europe is dominated by Atheism. Don't bring your bulls**t religions here. We don't buy it.

I wouldn't say it's dominated by Atheism, maybe Agnosticism, most open to the idea, but don't really care about spirituality, religion and what not.
 8 years ago '06        #32
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14761 14761
lots of brits gone be in hell....
 06-25-2009, 05:14 PM         #33
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:

NOBODY KNOWS!!!

Are you totally idiotic or what?

Atheists/non believers have nothing to prove, you can't prove a non existent being. You provide the f**king proof of the existence.

Logic, thought and reasoning >>>>>>.
 06-25-2009, 05:38 PM         #34
carl0489 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
Are you totally idiotic or what?

Atheists/non believers have nothing to prove, you can't prove a non existent being. You provide the f**king proof of the existence.

Logic, thought and reasoning >>>>>>.
If you think about it, logic thought and reasoning state that "God" does exist.

But it really doesn't matter because a simple idea is not gonna make your life any better or worse it only effects your perception. If the idea of floating around on a cloud for all eternity improves one person's outlook on life, who am I to say that person is wrong? We each get 1 life so everyone should be able to live it however they want.
 06-25-2009, 05:43 PM         #35
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carl0489 said:
If you think about it, logic thought and reasoning state that "God" does exist.

But it really doesn't matter because a simple idea is not gonna make your life any better or worse it only effects your perception. If the idea of floating around on a cloud for all eternity improves one person's outlook on life, who am I to say that person is wrong? We each get 1 life so everyone should be able to live it however they want.

Are you trying to be funny?
 8 years ago '08        #36
get_ate 
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 399 399
Those are some smart teenagers.

Cheerio.
 06-25-2009, 05:45 PM         #37
carl0489 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
Are you trying to be funny?
Not "trying" to be anything, but to which part are you referring to might I ask?
 8 years ago '09        #38
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,829 | Props total: 1040 1040
i believe there is a higher power, just don't believe in any religion
true that
or i think not know fo show about higher power
 8 years ago '04        #39
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
Bruce Campbell is God

Prove me wrong or shut the f**k up
 8 years ago '04        #40
---Max-Payne--- 
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 23 23
 C Jones said:
All the atheist here are pretty messed in the head anyways so I dunno why you people should care for them.

I find it funny how they are starting to say false facts about the Bible.

lolololol Idiot
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy