Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
29 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '06        #1
7792 pageviews
232 comments

G2MC 35 heat pts35
space
space
$3,382 | Props total: 989 989
Jun 25 - Two thirds of UK teenagers don't believe in God

Two thirds of teenagers don't believe in God

Nearly two thirds of teenagers don't believe in God, according to a study by Penguin books.

Published: 4:22PM BST 22 Jun 2009

Teenagers even say family, friends, money, music and even reality television are more important than religion.

It also emerged six out of ten 10 children (59 per cent) believe that religion "has a negative influence on the world".

The survey also shows that half of teenagers have never prayed and 16 per cent have never been to church.

The study of 1,000 teenagers aged 13 to 18 was carried out by Penguin to mark this week's publication of controversial novel 'Killing God' by Kevin Brooks.

The book is about a 15-year-old girl who questions the existence of God.

Kevin Brooks, the author, said: "I can't say I am surprised by the teenagers' responses.

"Part of the reason that I wrote k!lling God was that I wanted to explore the personal attitudes of young people today, especially those with troubled lives, towards organised religion and the traditional concept of God.

"How can the moralities of an ancient religion relate to the tragedies and disorders of today's broken world? And why do some people turn to God for help while others take comfort in drugs and alcohol?

"These are just some of the questions I wanted to consider... And I wasn't looking for answers."

The research also found 55 per cent of young people are not bothered about religion and 60 per cent only go to church for a wedding or christening.

Only three out of 10 teenagers believe in an afterlife and 41 per cent believe that nothing happens to your body when you die, but one in 10 reckon they come back as an animal or another human being.

A Church of England spokesman said: "Many teenagers aren't sure what they believe at that stage of their lives, as is clear from the number who said they don't know whether they believe in God.

"On the other hand many of these results point to the great spirituality of young people today that the Church is seeking to respond to through new forms of worship alongside tradition ones."

Hanne Stinson, chief executive of The British Humanist a.ssociation, said: "It confirms that young people - like adults - do not need a religion to have positive values.

"The 'golden rule', which is often claimed by religions as a religious value, is in reality a shared human value - shared by all the major religions and the non-religious and almost every culture - that predates all the major world religions."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.telegraph.co.u .. ve-in-God.html
Atleast the UK's future is bright. I'd like to see the same for the US but that just might be wishful thinking.

232 comments for "Jun 25 - Two thirds of UK teenagers don't believe in God"

8 years ago '06        #2
Luisc137 
space
space
$596 | Props total: 19 19
good!
 06-25-2009, 10:38 AM         #3
GOODmusic_1015 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SMH wow this is good because?
 06-25-2009, 11:00 AM         #4
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well they are seeing religion for what it is.
 8 years ago '04        #5
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
not believing in God is the new "enlightenment". Sad but true. People used to be ostracized because they believed in God. Then people who didn't were the outcasts. Now it's back to how it was in the beginning. And for a reason.
 06-25-2009, 11:14 AM         #6
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"A Church of England spokesman said: "Many teenagers aren't sure what they believe at that stage of their lives, as is clear from the number who said they don't know whether they believe in God."

Yeah, and when they all hit 20 only 1/20 will believe in God, c*nt.

The ones that aren't sure what they believe are only unsure because they're battling religion their inbred family have tried to push on them.

Religion is a f**king joke. I told you people for so long nobody here believes in God and was accused of lying, maybe you'll get it now. Western Europe is dominated by Atheism. Don't bring your bulls**t religions here. We don't buy it.
 06-25-2009, 11:23 AM         #7
GOODmusic_1015 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gratz_the_king said:
religion is f**kin bulls**t...any f*g**ts who believe in that s**t in 2009 are seriously retarded...im 22 and have started questioning the existence of good in my early teens...we are nothing more than a highly evolved organism...thats all we are...we werent created and placed here by some man in the clouds...smh at anyone who believes that still

there is no god, no afterlife...but there IS energy....and we live on through that...
What a way to sound intelligent! You sound so immature and dumb its sad, this is whats wrong with our generation fools like you.
 06-25-2009, 11:29 AM         #8
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GOODmusic_1015 said:
What a way to sound intelligent! You sound so immature and dumb its sad, this is whats wrong with our generation fools like you.
Sounds pretty intelligent to me.

Do you care to highlight what he said that you object to or dispute? Was a pretty accurate a.ssessment of theism from where I'm sat.

Just because his post was littered with swearing and a torrent of abuse doesn't take away from the fact he's right.
 06-25-2009, 11:50 AM         #9
GOODmusic_1015 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
Sounds pretty intelligent to me.

Do you care to highlight what he said that you object to or dispute? Was a pretty accurate a.ssessment of theism from where I'm sat.

Just because his post was littered with swearing and a torrent of abuse doesn't take away from the fact he's right.
intelligent people dont call others f*gs because they have different beliefs, and i object all of it
 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM         #10
DaminOG™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well religion is the biggest bulls**ttin lie man ever told . 2/3 of any1 in uk dont believe in TOOTHBRUSHES either lol
 8 years ago '05        #11
b_eazy 62 heat pts62
space
space
$17,716 | Props total: 2360 2360
That's probably why so many brits are ignorant, they just don't give a f**k. I just can't imagine dying and that's it, nothing comes next, we as humans have feelings and emotions for a reason.
 06-25-2009, 12:28 PM         #12
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GOODmusic_1015 said:
intelligent people dont call others f*gs because they have different beliefs, and i object all of it
Well by your own account intelligent people don't call people 'dumb' either. If you want to play the "I'm offended role"

The fact is religious people are f*g**ts. And theism is a joke. You can't object that. You moron.
 06-25-2009, 12:30 PM         #13
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SMH wow this is good because?
because god is fake, that's why... big ups to the UK.... UK >>>> US.... when it comes to rleigion anyway
 06-25-2009, 12:30 PM         #14
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 b_eazy said:
That's probably why so many brits are ignorant, they just don't give a f**k. I just can't imagine dying and that's it, nothing comes next, we as humans have feelings and emotions for a reason.
And the rest of Western Europe, and Australia and NZ.

We're all ignorant. America is the land of enlightenment.

Have you considered that to most in the West America is 50-100 years behind?

If atheism was the result of ignorance then rest a.ssured it would be most popular in America. As it happens, atheism is the result of logical thought and reason. Religion is the result of ignorance. And what do you know, over 90% of Americans believe in God.

8 years ago '04        #15
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,899 | Props total: 2011 2011
 r a n c i d said:
And the rest of Western Europe, and Australia and NZ.

We're all ignorant. America is the land of enlightenment.

Have you considered that to most in the West America is 50-100 years behind?

If atheism was the result of ignorance then rest a.ssured it would be most popular in America. As it happens, atheism is the result of logical thought and reason. Religion is the result of ignorance. And what do you know, over 90% of Americans believe in God.

This isn't me looking for a f!ght but:

Everyone does know why Western Europe/England doesn't believe in God right? It simply happpened over 50 years ago: World War I and World War II. I had a teacher in High School who lived in England for 25 years and when we got to the World War's unit he explained to us how it changed England/Western Europe. 1st was the land destruction. They had never seen destruction like that to their land and property. Next was the casualties. Both wars saw a combined casualties in England of almost 1.5 million people. Nearly 2 million people were wounded as well. That means roughly 3.5 million people were effected by the Wars, either through death or wounds. After the horrors of the concentration camps were uncovered, things were lost forever.

The people of England (W. Europe too I believe) began to question if there was a God and if there was how he could let this happen to his people? Church numbers plummeted to record lows and have never climbed back up. They most likely never will either.

And that's how I would understand this article. Not that one country is more ignorant or more advanced or anything. That may be so, but I look at it historically.
 06-25-2009, 01:07 PM         #16
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But you're not looking at it historically. You're given one mans opinion.

The reality is Europe and the rest of the world have moved forward. America is still stuck back in time.

And you fail to adress the point of Australia and NZ, who are also heavily leaning towards atheism.

As do you fail to adress Eastern Europe and Russia, who saw just as much blood shed in WW2, yet remain far more religion.

To end you're just repeating the opinion of an ill informed high school teacer.
 06-25-2009, 01:17 PM         #17
C-MOBB31 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats y all there teeth are rotted
 8 years ago '05        #18
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,108 | Props total: 4239 4239
 b_eazy said:
realistically that is probably how its going to be...u can be optimistic and hope that you'll be greeted by angels at a golden palace in the sky, but the truth is, you will be thrown in a box to decay slowly in the ground, to rot and be eaten by maggots and left into nothing but bones, no family reunions, just death, game over, get over it

Last edited by JimDinO77; 06-25-2009 at 01:23 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #19
jayosmooth 
space
space
$394 | Props total: 0 0
wow athiests are a touchy bunch the last little while.

the only fact is no one really knows for sure.we'll find out when we die.

organized religion is pretty much evil though, and i can see why it's drivin so many people to athieism.
 8 years ago '04        #20
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,899 | Props total: 2011 2011
 r a n c i d said:
But you're not looking at it historically. You're given one mans opinion.

The reality is Europe and the rest of the world have moved forward. America is still stuck back in time.

And you fail to adress the point of Australia and NZ, who are also heavily leaning towards atheism.

As do you fail to adress Eastern Europe and Russia, who saw just as much blood shed in WW2, yet remain far more religion.

To end you're just repeating the opinion of an ill informed high school teacer.

It's actually more than HIS opinion. There are plenty of historians who talk about the impact of WWI & WWII on religion. Australia & New Zealand not being religious is simple as well. Both were colonies of GB and fought under them during WWI and WWII. Australia lost over 100,000 people in both wars and had roughly 200,000 people wounded. New Zealand lost over 30,000 people in both wars and had roughly 50,000 people wounded. Colonies tend to be influenced by their mother countries. Have you ever looked at the Australian Flag? Then The UK Flag?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
206 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy