Why is a boring, unwatchable sport like soccer the most watched sport in the world?

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
194 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '08        #121
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 yung dizzle said:
Dude I'm done with you.. You're obviously not getting anything.. I gotta hit the sheets.. Peace out... Might wanna ask some people on this board if me and painters are brothers.. The answer WILL be yes...

Last edited by Future; 06-24-2009 at 04:10 AM..
 06-24-2009, 04:27 AM         #122
GazzaDaMan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man what a joke, American Football is terrible and boring. Aussie rules football is where it is at, plus the only reason the thread starter is hating on soccer is because USA suck.. If your team was good you would all be jumping on the bangwagon.
 8 years ago '07        #123
XPectNoMercy 
space
space
$354 | Props total: 1 1
Every sport has it down time. To me baseball is the best to watch especially when your a die hard fan following your team but i could see why other's might find it boring. Football has alot of slowtime in between plays longest play will last a few seconds just because theres a little contact make's it exciting? Most exciting sport to watch is basketball fast pace back and forth action.
 06-24-2009, 06:20 AM         #124
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GazzaDaMan said:
Man what a joke, American Football is terrible and boring. Aussie rules football is where it is at, plus the only reason the thread starter is hating on soccer is because USA suck.. If your team was good you would all be jumping on the bangwagon.
Aussie rules is s**t lol. A collection of homos3xuals running around spilling balls every other moment.

Might aswell call it fumble-ball

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

You know it, right?

[pic - click to view]

Nice to see AFL growing in popularity outside of Victoria:agreement6:
 06-24-2009, 06:35 AM         #125
GazzaDaMan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol your from United Kingdom why would I care about your opinion on an Aussie sport. You obviously have no idea about AFL, it is easily Australias number 1 spectator sport. Rugby league has been slowly dying for years.
 8 years ago '04        #126
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,795 | Props total: 678 678
gazza whats the diff?
 06-24-2009, 07:46 AM         #127
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GazzaDaMan said:
Lol your from United Kingdom why would I care about your opinion on an Aussie sport. You obviously have no idea about AFL, it is easily Australias number 1 spectator sport. Rugby league has been slowly dying for years.
You're from Australia, what would Americans care what you thought about their sports?

And no it isn't. It's Victorias number 1 spectator sport. Having decent crowds in one place, not even an actual country, accounts for nothing. Especially when the sport is s**t and the only thing you've got going for it is boasting crowd numbers in Victoria.

How is league dead? Super League just held a game in Barcelona, absolutely foreign territory, and had over 30,000 fans in attendance. We've got French professional teams being created. Welsh teams. Teams all over. AFL struggles to get respectable popularity in the State next door!

International AFL games can't even draw 20 passers by if it was played in the middle of a high street.

AFL popularity is down this year. The NRLs is up, even in light of all the AFL backed propoganda about the game

"Rooke said he had watched an increasing amount of rugby league in recent years and had been inspired by the players' hardness.

"It makes me a bit jealous," he said of the physical demands of rugby league."

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The first State of Origin game had more TV audience than any AFL game this year will have. And you know it you son of a b***h.:greetings10: How many AFL games are in the top 10 Aus popular programs each year? Rugby League claims atleast 4 a year.

Aussie rules is s**t, and you know it. I won't allow you to riggle out it with arguments of popularity.

AFL is gay. Please exit the thread.

[video - click to view]

Highlighting the difference between Rugby and the AFL.:applause:
 06-24-2009, 07:59 AM         #128
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rikedizzle said:
gazza whats the diff?
Rugby is a sport.

AFL is just a collection of non athletic softies running around an oval field in vests, while making feminine tackles and fumbling the ball.

The aim is to kick the ball through a series of goal posts. Which is easy as piss, as anyone who hasn't played AFL can kick bananas from the sideline in their first ever attempt(yes, it's that easy)

It's basically a sport void of any real skill or athletisiscm. The only thing worth seeing are the occasional high leaps(marks?) for the ball(which are rare, as AFL players cannot catch).

AFL has a global fanbase outside of Australia of about 83 people.
 8 years ago '04        #129
l0udm0uf 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,678 | Props total: 3 3
this thread is the epitome of the bx

the threadstarter and the replies both
 06-24-2009, 08:56 AM         #130
GazzaDaMan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol RANCID, The AFL is the most attended sporting league in Australia; it is also the most popular sport competition in terms of TV ratings in the nation.The AFL is currently the fourth-most attended professional sports league in the world in terms of attendance per match, with an average attendance of over 38,000.

AFL is the biggest sport in WA, Tasmania, SA, NT and Victoria. League is only big in QLD and NSW. I gurantee if you came to Australia you would have more people who would want to talk about AFL than League. The only reason no one internationally knows about it is because it is only played professionally in Australia. Rugby League is played professionally in many different countries outside of Australia so of course it will be watched by more people outside of Australia. And it is pathetic how you are posting pictures of skinny people playing AFL, yes I agree rugby can be more physical at times than AFL but AFL players are true athletes that have to know how to mark, kick, handball, properly tackle and be very good endurance runners, Rugby league players are bulked up Fat c*nts that have to run in a straight line and throw the ball, If you base your opinion on sports just on the physicallity and not on skill you obviously would just be a fan of rugby not of soccer, basketball, baseball, cricket and many other mainstream sports. You really are a very narrow-minded man.
 06-24-2009, 09:23 AM         #131
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GazzaDaMan said:
Lol RANCID, The AFL is the most attended sporting league in Australia; it is also the most popular sport competition in terms of TV ratings in the nation.The AFL is currently the fourth-most attended professional sports league in the world in terms of attendance per match, with an average attendance of over 38,000.

Yes, because of Victoria. AFL isn't an Australian sport. NRL has more varied support throughout Australia. Having a large fan base from middle class homos3xuals in one area means nothing.

As you say yourself, the AFL has the fourth best average attendance in the world. Yet AFL is about the 400th most popular sport in the world. Absolute proof that token popularity in what homos3xual state counts for absolutely nothing. f**k all. Just nothing.

Darts has more international clout and they draw crowds of like 200 people.

NRL is more popular then the AFL in Australia. If you take away Victoria AFL doesn't exist. It's a shameful sport that nobody cares about. That's why it hasn't expanded outside of Victoria, nevermind Australia.

AFL is s**t. And it isn't popular. So don't bring your farce viewer arguments to me. They hold no weight.

AFL is the biggest sport in WA, Tasmania, SA, NT and Victoria. League is only big in QLD and NSW. I gurantee if you came to Australia you would have more people who would want to talk about AFL than League.

Yeah. That's why the AFL grand final doesn't do s**t in tv ratings. And League smashes it. And League is popular in far more regions than AFL, you idiot.

The only reason no one internationally knows about it is because it is only played professionally in Australia.

Well how come people know about basketball. How come people know about rugby. UFC... Why? Because they're not the s**ttest of the s**t. They're not garbage sports .

The world doesn't play AFL because AFL is wank mate.

Rugby League is played professionally in many different countries outside of Australia so of course it will be watched by more people outside of Australia. And it is pathetic how you are posting pictures of skinny people playing AFL, yes I agree rugby can be more physical at times than AFL but AFL players are true athletes that have to know how to mark, kick, handball, properly tackle and be very good endurance runners,

Funny, decent marks are rare, the kicking ability is extremely garbage(every rugby, league or soccer player i've seen try for TV always knock them over at will, banana kicks from the side and all), and I don't see any proper tackles. Endurance is also not that impressive when you consider there's no actual contact. Jogging isn't fitness.

And I also posted pictures of fat AFL players. I'm sorry if they dont adhere to what you want AFL players to look like, but to any average joe they're all skinny metros3xuals running around in vests. Looking like the kids who were to scared to pick up a rugby ball.

Rugby league players are bulked up Fat c*nts that have to run in a straight line and throw the ball, If you base your opinion on sports just on the physicallity and not on skill you obviously would just be a fan of rugby not of soccer, basketball, baseball, cricket and many other mainstream sports. You really are a very narrow-minded man.
Nonsense. There isn't a single fat player in Rugby League. Not one. It's too physically demanding. RL players are some of the most athletically impressive specimens on earth in general. Find me one fat NRL or SL player playing right now and I'll drop the entire argument.

And I watch plenty of sports. Rugby Union, Rugby League, soccer, boxing, even the NFL and sometimes cricket to name a few. Not AFL though, because AFL is s**t. And there is no skill exhibited. None.

Limited skill. Limited physical ability. There is a reason AFL has no viewers outside of Australia. Because it's s**t. Come on, cheese rolling got more international fans than AFL and i'm not even exagerating

Silly man. Where are you from, Victoria?
 06-24-2009, 09:31 AM         #132
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Fattest player in the SL or NRL playing today. So much for it being a sport for fat c*nts.
 06-24-2009, 09:42 AM         #133
KRiSH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this has turned from UK vs US to UK vs Australia lol
 06-24-2009, 09:43 AM         #134
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 krish_2k4 said:
this has turned from UK vs US to UK vs Australia lol
Didn't you read my posts Krish?

It's UK Vs US Vs Victoria.

Australia has nothing to do with it

Lets all laugh at AFL:agreement6::agreement6:
 8 years ago '04        #135
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2762 2762
 bconngemini said:
As a red-blooded patriotic american I hate soccer. Yet I can't ignore that its still the most watched sport in the world, while great exciting sports like NFL and MLB aren't. Someone explain to me: how can such a boring, sissy, unappealing sport be watched by people overseas...is it because foreigners like sissy sports and like being bored? Why don't they want to watch exciting sports like the NFL, MLB and NBA?

Even though i dont watch soccer, but u cant call it a sissy sport, especially when its far more physical than MLB and NBA(and basketball is my favorite sport). Its that american soccer is pussified and boring to the point that only female plays it. Think of it like how we view European basketball. Maybe if american soccer player arent scared of contact and then maybe and maybe we would respect the game of soccer instead of downing it like its a p***y sport. Really how can a sport that you tp run all game without any time out and there is barely any subsitution and people keep trying to take your knee out a p***y sport.
 8 years ago '07        #136
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,341 | Props total: 384 384
the reason soccer is the most watched sport around the world is because it requires the least amount of equipment to pick up and play. If you live in a developing country all you need to play soccer is just a ball and thats it. to make a net you can just take to objects and place them however many feet apart. people would rather watch a sport they can go out and play then one they cannot.
 8 years ago '07        #137
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,341 | Props total: 384 384
oh and to those sayin its a p***y sport, try playing a couple full games of soccer and see if you dont have some kind of injury by the end.
 8 years ago '07        #138
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,675 | Props total: 16959 16959
 luda06 said:
If the united states didn't suck so bad, this thread wouldn't exist.
What are you talkin about the US women are great at soccer. Unfortunately the only women sports are relevant are college sports and Golf and Tennis.
 8 years ago '05        #139
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,064 | Props total: 6968 6968
 Phillips said:
@ this cat thinking i'm wepainters...
yeah 'ITSDACARTER'
 8 years ago '05        #140
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,064 | Props total: 6968 6968
 Phillips said:
Dude I'm done with you.. You're obviously not getting anything.. I gotta hit the sheets.. Peace out... Might wanna ask some people on this board if me and painters are brothers.. The answer WILL be yes...
my brother? man shut yo b***h a.ss boy.....my block?? what the f**k is that s**t...reppin ya legos buildin blocks
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
204 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy