Why is a boring, unwatchable sport like soccer the most watched sport in the world?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #221
dsoul 
space
space
space
$1,051 | Props total: 16 16
Please no

Not a top 5 discussion

this could go 20 pages
 8 years ago '08        #222
codigo230 
space
space
space
$30 | Props total: 0 0
 bconngemini said:
As a red-blooded patriotic american I hate soccer. Yet I can't ignore that its still the most watched sport in the world, while great exciting sports like NFL and MLB aren't. Someone explain to me: how can such a boring, sissy, unappealing sport be watched by people overseas...is it because foreigners like sissy sports and like being bored? Why don't they want to watch exciting sports like the NFL, MLB and NBA?
R.I.P Michael
 8 years ago '09        #223
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
the same way a lotta people feel about bonds & mcguire for use of drugs...
the same goes for maradonna... dude was hopped up on the juice. finally caught up with him in 94 (if u don't know what happened in 94 don't reply to this).
& for that douche that asked if i was old enough to ronaldo... CLEARLY, i wouldn't have made a blind statement. obviously i seen him play there. i've been watching football as long as i can remember.
@ ronaldo not being top 5 though...
he's only the greatest goal scorer in world cup history & 3 time footballer of the year. i guess he's a bum & should be run outta town.
he's even lighting it up for corinthians (slight injury right this very sec though).
maradonna is top 5 yes, but i hate that dude...
top 5: whichever order u wanna put it...

PELE
RONALDO
ZIDANE
CRYUFF
*MARADONNA*
 8 years ago '08        #224
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 5_star_smitty said:
the same goes for maradonna... dude was hopped up on the juice. finally caught up with him in 94 (if u don't know what happened in 94 don't reply to this).
& for that douche that asked if i was old enough to ronaldo... CLEARLY, i wouldn't have made a blind statement. obviously i seen him play there. i've been watching football as long as i can remember.
he's only the greatest goal scorer in world cup history & 3 time footballer of the year. i guess he's a bum & should be run outta town.
he's even lighting it up for corinthians (slight injury right this very sec though).

PELE
RONALDO
ZIDANE
CRYUFF
*MARADONNA*
Maradona was never juiced as u claim...Every other sport writer who follows soccer knows that Maradona is the greatest or next to Pele even if he did use steroids..
Do u even watch soccer cuz half of ur bulls**t is outrageous
 07-01-2009, 02:21 PM         #225
MicRo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WezLFaCe_KiD said:
soccers lame but it aint no sissy sport it takes a lot of skill :dancingcool:
wow, this is a bad thread. soccer is a great sport. Just cause you think its boring does not mean in general that it is boring. sigh cant wait to see all these non soccer fans jump on the ban wagon once the world cup starts.
 07-01-2009, 02:26 PM         #226
Exodus X13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ElMarroAfamado said:
i noticed that the people that dislike soccer the MOST are black people
and personally i think its because (especially in the hood) they a.ssociate soccer with hispanics
or "mesicans" or whatever so they never even take the time to appreciate the sport...they rather follow football since thats all they hear about (and basketball) you dont even hear their parents say "oh hey you could be the next......_______" well there aint no bonafied black soccer superstar and im talking about American......

and i blame all you ignorant black people that refuse to appreciate soccer for the U.Ss soccer woahs all this time....imagine if black people played soccer? and the U.S National team was full of black players? they have what like 3 now....the reason they suck is because of the wack white guys that play for them.....they NEED BLACK PLAYERS
s**t black players are like secret weapons why do you think EEEEVERY team has some?

and why do you think white people in the U.S are so racist yet they applaud black players on their natonal team? why? because they know how big an advantage having them on their team is......

if Soccer was a popular a sport as say football or basketball the U.S would dominate....

and dont even come at me with the racist bulls**t
what i speak is the truth..
black people are more physically gifted than non blacks

DEAL WITH IT.....

What the f**k?

I want to punch you in the face for being so stupid.

If black people are so good why aren't Ghana or any of the African nations winning world cups year on year, they do not have the skill or training, best team in the world right now only has 1 black player.
 07-01-2009, 02:29 PM         #227
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
What the f**k?

I want to punch you in the face for being so stupid.

If black people are so good why aren't Ghana or any of the African nations winning world cups year on year, they do not have the skill or training, best team in the world right now only has 1 black player.
I don't think these people realise that soccer is far more about skill than it is physical specimens.
 07-01-2009, 02:33 PM         #228
Exodus X13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You can be the fastest runner in the world but if you're s**t at football you're s**t.

You have to have the mind for it. Americans are too simple. YEAAAAAAAAAAAH

RUN FORWARD CHARGE TAKE DOWN
 07-01-2009, 02:38 PM         #229
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
You can be the fastest runner in the world but if you're s**t at football you're s**t.

You have to have the mind for it. Americans are too simple. YEAAAAAAAAAAAH

RUN FORWARD CHARGE TAKE DOWN
You still watch Sevens rugby? Looking likely that it's gonna get in the World Cup for the one after London?:agreement6:
 07-01-2009, 02:42 PM         #230
Exodus X13  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah Sevens is the only rugby I watch now really, Union is boring right now.
 8 years ago '08        #231
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Maradona = G.O.A.T.
Pele
Zidane
Ronaldo
can't think of anyone who deserve to be in top 5
 07-01-2009, 02:53 PM         #232
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
Yeah Sevens is the only rugby I watch now really, Union is boring right now.
You didn't see the Lions game the other day?

League is fantastic at the moment. The NRL in particular. The skill level is amazing. As for Union, Super 14 is still as entertaining as ever.

[video - click to view]

Rugby Union f**ked up when they gave the 2011 World Cup to NZ. They especially f**ked up with the plan to give the 2015 World Cup to England.

After France it should have gone straight to Japan. They've been begging for it for years. The u20 world cup the other week has been a great success in Japan with crowds upwards of 20,000 wherever.
 8 years ago '05        #233
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
I don't know I f**kin hate soccer. Heres another question: why is a s**tty sport like baseball play like 180 games a year where nba plays like 80?
 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM         #234
kingz21  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how did u forget maradonna rancid lol?
 07-01-2009, 03:20 PM         #235
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingz21 said:
how did u forget maradonna rancid lol?
Maradonna isn't even good. Ian Wright when he was playing for Burnley was better..
 07-01-2009, 03:47 PM         #236
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Spiffy, are you a member of the prawn sandwich brigade?
 07-01-2009, 04:31 PM         #237
BROOKLYNSTANDUP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 benadreal said:
I don't know I f**kin hate soccer. Heres another question: why is a s**tty sport like baseball play like 180 games a year where nba plays like 80?
because the nba is a.ss... and also because the nba players need the rest of the year off to get caught smoking weed, beating there wifes, getting dui's and raping girls.. all fun stuff by the way..
 8 years ago '05        #238
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 5_star_smitty said:

PELE
RONALDO
ZIDANE
CRYUFF
*MARADONNA*
Except "a lotta people" don't feel any sort of "way" towards Maradona for drug use; football fans certainly don't. The only drug use of his that was prolonged was his use of cocaine. He didn't make a career off the back of traces of s**t. You're clearly ignorant about the situation, Maradona's lifestyle & ability in general.

So what age are you? I want to know how vividly you remember 96-97. You know, the greatest season you've ever seen. Also, it was Ronaldo's "last season" at Barcelona. As opposed to his first. And only.

"i've been watching football as long as i can remember" - doesn't mean s**t. Did you watch every game of Barcelona's 96-97 season? If yes, then how many other seasons have you witnessed so comprehensively that you have an ample selection of players (see: thousands upon thousands) to choose from, so that it can be made apparent how much, or likely little, your opinion matters, despite how much you may wish to repeat it in upper case.

And the name is Maradona; Diego Armando Maradona. Not some "Maradonna" that you keep using. Learn his name before you speak of him.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 07-01-2009 at 04:51 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #239
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 0 0
 Spiffy818 said:
^^Cmon man how you gonna disrespect dude like that

Maradona > Pele imo
He's problaby one of those bitter English fans, "the hand of god"
 8 years ago '08        #240
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 r a n c i d said:
Maradonna isn't even good. Ian Wright when he was playing for Burnley was better..
IP immediately!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy