Why is a boring, unwatchable sport like soccer the most watched sport in the world?

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-30-2009, 05:32 PM         #201
DHARMA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spiffy818 said:
Ronaldo's career accomplishments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ronaldhino

Ronaldo is guarenteed top 5 GOAT

Where was Ronaldhino in 02 WC when Ronaldo was scoring 2 goals to give Brazil the cup ?
Ronaldo#9 is NOT Top 5...
 06-30-2009, 06:05 PM         #202
infamous4h4  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bconngemini said:
As a red-blooded patriotic american I hate soccer. Yet I can't ignore that its still the most watched sport in the world, while great exciting sports like NFL and MLB aren't. Someone explain to me: how can such a boring, sissy, unappealing sport be watched by people overseas...is it because foreigners like sissy sports and like being bored? Why don't they want to watch exciting sports like the NFL, MLB and NBA?
baseball is a slow death.
my s**t was red-blooded and patriotic
 8 years ago '07        #203
sacpasse87 
space
space
$758 | Props total: 0 0
 r a n c i d said:
Physically gifted in what respect? Black people get steam rolled by Tongans and Samoans in Rugby all the time. And I'm talking STEAM ROLLED.

Have you ever seen Kenya or Nigeria play rugby? They might be half decent at scoring, but I can a.ssure you their teams aren't respected physically.

Your statement is lacking in any real truth. Not many African nations have won a World Cup in soccer lately.
He means that if our best black athletes who play american football and basketball, your kobes lebrons, reggie bushes played soccer, we'd be dominant based on their sheer athleticism...

He's wrong tho, there are alot more than 3 black players playing in the U.S. player pool, if the world cup roster would be selected today the following would probably be in the squad: onyewu, edu, adu, jones, davies, altidore, beasley, howard, clark...thats 9 players

It would be interesting tho to see though what would happen if we had those NFL/NBA type athletes playing soccer instead...
 8 years ago '07        #204
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,939 | Props total: 3512 3512
lets see, i went to the dodger game when manny got his first home runs of the season (back to back). The Dodgers whooped some a.ss. Before that, i had gone to a minor league soccer game in mexico when jorge campos was just about to blow up. Man i tell you, being at a soccer game will blow your f**kin mind! It is the most thrilling sports experience you can go to, just being in the crowd is something serious, you better not be wearing the opposite teams colors or you gettin' f**ked up for real! Waaaaay better than any baseball game.
 06-30-2009, 07:30 PM         #205
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sacpasse87 said:
He means that if our best black athletes who play american football and basketball, your kobes lebrons, reggie bushes played soccer, we'd be dominant based on their sheer athleticism...

He's wrong tho, there are alot more than 3 black players playing in the U.S. player pool, if the world cup roster would be selected today the following would probably be in the squad: onyewu, edu, adu, jones, davies, altidore, beasley, howard, clark...thats 9 players

It would be interesting tho to see though what would happen if we had those NFL/NBA type athletes playing soccer instead...
thats what i mean i mean for real....
but we are never going to see that because well....nobody likes it...
 06-30-2009, 07:43 PM         #206
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sacpasse87 said:
Well he didn't mean that. And even if he did he'd still be wrong.

The reality is if Reggie Bush grew up playing soccer he probably wouldn't be considered a great black athlete. Would he?

Secondly football is a sport dominated by skill. It's not a sport where you can take great athletes and make them players. Not at all.

Maybe if Andries Bekker, Victor Matfield and Bakkies Botha all played basketball South Africa wouldn't be so s**t at basketball.

Maybe if Joe Rokocoko, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Waisale Serevi and Rupeni Caucaunibuca played American Football, Fiji would dominate on their pure athletisiscm.

Ifs buts and maybes. The realities is blacks and whites have strengths and weaknesses in a variety of sports. And soccer just isn't one of those sports where a 6'8 freak or some tanked up tough guy will have any real impact. It's far more about skill.

Not to rain on your parade but you should know this already.

Last edited by r a n c i d; 06-30-2009 at 07:45 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #207
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
^^Thought you died. How come you don't visit that other site anymore? :(
 8 years ago '07        #208
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
i love watching world cup
 06-30-2009, 07:51 PM         #209
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
^^Thought you died. How come you don't visit that other site anymore? :(
I decided the forum was s**t after 98% of the members turned out to be brainwashed wretch-worthy stereotypical 'patriots'.

Long story short, there was an argument fest involving me and everyone in the shoutbox regarding America and I logged off.
 8 years ago '06        #210
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 r a n c i d said:
I decided the forum was s**t after 98% of the members turned out to be brainwashed wretch-worthy stereotypical 'patriots'.

Long story short, there was an argument fest involving me and everyone in the shoutbox regarding America and I logged off.
LMAO. I'm sure you'll go back. I'll make a thread that'll be too good to resist. :D
 06-30-2009, 08:04 PM         #211
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pretty sure I won't. Had some things going on too, been AWOL from boxden for a month or 2.

I'll read your thread but the forum is a bit s**t. They broke my heart. I thought they were modest Americans but I was betrayed:lachen001:. You could use some of their opinions and statements to help recruit for the Al Qaeda.
 8 years ago '04        #212
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
op just found out his girl was in a 1 women 10 man orgy with toronto fc on tape
 8 years ago '04        #213
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Pretty sure I won't. Had some things going on too, been AWOL from boxden for a month or 2.

I'll read your thread but the forum is a bit s**t. They broke my heart. I thought they were modest Americans but I was betrayed:lachen001:. You could use some of their opinions and statements to help recruit for the Al Qaeda.
O rly?
 r a n c i d said:
The Irwin thread in the news section was massive. Jackos only hit 25 pages in like a whole day.

Crocodile hunter > Jacko
You, sir, live on Boxden.
 06-30-2009, 08:21 PM         #214
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scan said:
O rly?

You, sir, live on Boxden.
LOL at this butt hurt Michael Jackson fanboy. He molest you?:greetings10:

I swear some people have no social awareness. It's referred to as tongue in cheek. Like Steve Irwins death was really bigger than MJ's. I mean come on. You took me seriously enough to go and find that thread to quote me?

What a sad c*nt you are. Why don't you concentrate your efforts in getting a few braincells. Daft c*nt.
 8 years ago '09        #215
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,539 | Props total: 3831 3831
 DHARMA said:
Ronaldo#9 is NOT Top 5...
RONALDO is top 5...
1st off, he's the #1 goal scorer in the HISTORY of the world cup... that's no fluke.
he's had 3 what people would call career ending injuries & come back from each 1 very well. his last season @ barcelona >>>>>>>>>> any season i've EVER seen in football.
i can't think of 5 other people better than him, so he's gotta be top 5. maradonna was on steroids & coke the whole time, so he's barred from my top 5.

pele
ronaldo
zidane
cryuff

^^^^ consensus top 4...
 8 years ago '06        #216
Lay 
space
space
$13,303 | Props total: 478 478
 Spiffy818 said:
^^Are you for reals ? OG Ronaldo's career accomplishments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ronaldhino

Ronaldo is guarenteed top 5 GOAT

Where was Ronaldhino in 02 WC when Ronaldo was scoring 2 goals to give Brazil the cup ?

you and that c*ckeyed need to both this thread

:applause: There is a reason why Gaucho is called Ronaldinho - It means "little Ronaldo"
 8 years ago '07        #217
sacpasse87 
space
space
$758 | Props total: 0 0
 r a n c i d said:
Well he didn't mean that. And even if he did he'd still be wrong.

The reality is if Reggie Bush grew up playing soccer he probably wouldn't be considered a great black athlete. Would he?

Secondly football is a sport dominated by skill. It's not a sport where you can take great athletes and make them players. Not at all.

Maybe if Andries Bekker, Victor Matfield and Bakkies Botha all played basketball South Africa wouldn't be so s**t at basketball.

Maybe if Joe Rokocoko, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Waisale Serevi and Rupeni Caucaunibuca played American Football, Fiji would dominate on their pure athletisiscm.

Ifs buts and maybes. The realities is blacks and whites have strengths and weaknesses in a variety of sports. And soccer just isn't one of those sports where a 6'8 freak or some tanked up tough guy will have any real impact. It's far more about skill.

Not to rain on your parade but you should know this already.
Oh i do kno this and I agree to a point with you tho seeing as american Eddie Johnson is a great athlete, but playing for fulham and cardiff have highlighted his weaknesses as a soccer player and hes an afterthought for 2010...I jus cant wait for the day where our BEST athletes grow up and continue playing soccer onto the national level...sadly that day may never come...
 8 years ago '04        #218
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
LOL at this butt hurt Michael Jackson fanboy. He molest you?:greetings10:

I swear some people have no social awareness. It's referred to as tongue in cheek. Like Steve Irwins death was really bigger than MJ's. I mean come on. You took me seriously enough to go and find that thread to quote me?

What a sad c*nt you are. Why don't you concentrate your efforts in getting a few braincells. Daft c*nt.
"I live on Boxden, I live on Boxden, I give hate like it hurts people, atleast that's what I think cuz that's how you hurt people in my home, which is Boxden."

That's what I got from that.

n*gga called me daft though, lol, props.
 8 years ago '08        #219
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 5_star_smitty said:
RONALDO is top 5...
1st off, he's the #1 goal scorer in the HISTORY of the world cup... that's no fluke.
he's had 3 what people would call career ending injuries & come back from each 1 very well. his last season @ barcelona >>>>>>>>>> any season i've EVER seen in football.
i can't think of 5 other people better than him, so he's gotta be top 5. maradonna was on steroids & coke the whole time, so he's barred from my top 5.

pele
ronaldo
zidane
cryuff

^^^^ consensus top 4...
why would anyone take you seriously when you put all those guys over the GOAT Maradona?
or did you just forget him?
Ronaldo top 5 is arguable but he isn't automatically in...

maradona
pele
zidane

those are the only 3 that are automatically in top 5 lists
 8 years ago '05        #220
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 r a n c i d said:
Right?
Nooooooo. But it does amuse me that Burnley fans are into him haha. If Steven Fletcher applies himself, you'll have a new & improved Scottish hero.

If**kedUrMom said:
lets see, i went to the dodger game when manny got his first home runs of the season (back to back). The Dodgers whooped some a.ss. Before that, i had gone to a minor league soccer game in mexico when jorge campos was just about to blow up. Man i tell you, being at a soccer game will blow your f**kin mind! It is the most thrilling sports experience you can go to, just being in the crowd is something serious, you better not be wearing the opposite teams colors or you gettin' f**ked up for real! Waaaaay better than any baseball game.
I don't think Campos ever played a "minor league soccer game in mexico". He always played top flight football. So yeah, did you just mean you went to a Mexican league match?

5_star_smitty said:
RONALDO is top 5...
Please shut up.

1. No, Ronaldo didn't come back from his injuries "very well". He came back, yes. But was never really the same. Football fans know this.

2. What age are you to have such a vivid memory of "his last season @ barcelona"? Of course, you might want to stop talking about "his last season"...since he only had the one. :rolleyes:

3. Maradona was dirt poor. He couldn't afford "steroids & coke" when he was young, dummy. And I'm not entirely sure why you're yapping about 'roids anyway. Yeah, he did coke. So what? He wasn't using it as a performance enhancer. He was using it because he was a hedonist. But anyway, the fact that you lack a basic knowledge of football, yet act like you know s**t, & try to write off a player like Maradona? That's disgusting to actual fans.

wepainters said:
why would anyone take you seriously when you put all those guys over the GOAT Maradona?
or did you just forget him?
Ronaldo top 5 is arguable but he isn't automatically in...

maradona
pele
zidane

those are the only 3 that are automatically in top 5 lists
Word of advice, only Pele & Maradona are really "automatic", insofar as they're just included without much thought.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 07-01-2009 at 06:33 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
26 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
18 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy