Why is a boring, unwatchable sport like soccer the most watched sport in the world?

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
159 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 06-30-2009, 10:06 AM         #181
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chief Dee said:
The funny thing is that people are saying soccer has more action than baseball. In all actuality, soccer only seems that way because of its constant running. While baseball seems slower because of the 1 on 1 aspect between the pitcher and batter. But if you want to be fukcing honest, a typical baseball game outscores those garbage hour long soccer games. There is nothing more pathetic than a bunch of boring dramatic fools running around and winning the game at 1-0. A 1-0 baseball game is a rarity which means great pitching, a 1-0 soccer game means business as usual. Fukc that boring sport soccer.
I like soccer because of constant action. Baseball has like 30 second pauses in between pitches which is boring. I can't watch a baseball game unless I'm actually in the stadium. And I'm more watching in the stadium to make sure a fly ball doesn't hit me. And baseball isn't 1 on 1, it's more like 1 on 9.
 8 years ago '04        #182
dsoul 
space
space
space
$1,051 | Props total: 16 16
 K1Entertainment said:
People like you are the reason I hate most Americans

and I am American...........

U MY FRIEND are exactly right.......saying european countries cant afford gear for their sports is stupidity at its finest....

Soccer is enteraining and I love the non stop play.....the only thing I wish they could fix .....which is damn near impossible... is the flopping...

people barely get touched and they fall down....its really annoying....

I LOVE how there can be 1 min left in stoppage time and the other team can be down or tied and end up scoring a goal to tie or win......s**t is fascinating to me

its not like other sports when it comes to the last minute game play

its undescribable

Rugby on the other hand.....Im sorry but its not entertaining ....

NFL>Rugby
 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM         #183
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dsoul said:
U MY FRIEND are exactly right.......saying european countries cant afford gear for their sports is stupidity at its finest....

Soccer is enteraining and I love the non stop play.....the only thing I wish they could fix .....which is damn near impossible... is the flopping...

people barely get touched and they fall down....its really annoying....

I LOVE how there can be 1 min left in stoppage time and the other team can be down or tied and end up scoring a goal to tie or win......s**t is fascinating to me

its not like other sports when it comes to the last minute game play

its undescribable

Rugby on the other hand.....Im sorry but its not entertaining ....

NFL>Rugby
I'm sure you've seen tons of rugby in America, right?:lachen001:

And the NFL isn't a sport.
 8 years ago '04        #184
dsoul 
space
space
space
I actually have^ more then u probably think

I find it lackluster

It has nothing to do with where Im located....I could be in Antartica and still dislike the sport

How is the NFL not a sport? what criteria are u basing that off of?

unless ur refering to the NFL as the league where as I meant NFL as a whole....football

Last edited by dsoul; 06-30-2009 at 12:45 PM..
 06-30-2009, 01:29 PM         #185
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dsoul said:
I actually have^ more then u probably think

I find it lackluster

It has nothing to do with where Im located....I could be in Antartica and still dislike the sport

How is the NFL not a sport? what criteria are u basing that off of?

unless ur refering to the NFL as the league where as I meant NFL as a whole....football
Obviously I'm talking of the NFL as a league.

And humour me. What rugby have you seen. It's not that rugby is some sport everyone must like, plenty in rugby countries don't watch it... I simply don't believe you have watched it.

I think you're a typical American making brash comments without much knowledge or experience on the sport. In the same way I used to make said brash comments about NFL without watching it.

The reason I draw this conclusion is because Rugby isn't even on American TV, to my knowledge.
 06-30-2009, 01:37 PM         #186
theone2g  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
homez jus say you are not a soccer fan coz soccer is NICE!!, thats why its No1 in the world.
 8 years ago '04        #187
dsoul 
space
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Obviously I'm talking of the NFL as a league.

And humour me. What rugby have you seen. It's not that rugby is some sport everyone must like, plenty in rugby countries don't watch it... I simply don't believe you have watched it.

I think you're a typical American making brash comments without much knowledge or experience on the sport. In the same way I used to make said brash comments about NFL without watching it.

The reason I draw this conclusion is because Rugby isn't even on American TV, to my knowledge.

Your wrong
and right

I reafd about the Churchill Cup last week sucka becuz yes.....they dont televise it here

but, USA vs Canada play today and thats on ESPN

You think Americans dont like rugby and that could be true but its also like how soccer use to be.....they NEVER EVER televise it....now that they are showing the Champions league and UEFA.....I think if they showed more rugby it could possibly catch on

but until then

ps - dont judge a book by its cover
 8 years ago '05        #188
Htown_Koopa 
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 16 16
 Spiffy818 said:
/remembers when he got the golden shoes

Ronaldhino in his prime >>>>>>>> C Ronaldo Messi Torres

OG Ronaldo my favorite brazilian though, nothing ronaldhino does will compare to Ronaldos legacy imo
Brazil Ronaldo s**tS on ronaldinho.
 8 years ago '05        #189
Htown_Koopa 
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 16 16
 Spiffy818 said:
^^Dont talk s**t bout Rooney, he will break your neck by kicking you in the shin

Rooney is my all time fav even though he aint the GOAT
rooney is fukking garbage
 06-30-2009, 04:03 PM         #190
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dsoul said:
Your wrong
and right

I reafd about the Churchill Cup last week sucka becuz yes.....they dont televise it here

but, USA vs Canada play today and thats on ESPN

You think Americans dont like rugby and that could be true but its also like how soccer use to be.....they NEVER EVER televise it....now that they are showing the Champions league and UEFA.....I think if they showed more rugby it could possibly catch on

but until then

ps - dont judge a book by its cover
Don't judge rugby on a game between USA Vs Canada. Just as a word of warning for anyone reading your post and thinking of tuning in... unless its surprisingly a great game, in which case judge rugby on it.

All I'm basically saying is I severely doubt that you've had the chance to see much top level rugby as an American, beacuse the TV coverage is poor as pointed out.

I don't doubt you may have seen plenty of games at college or w/e, but that'd be like me judging American Football on a game between 2 Norwegian college teams.

I wasn't trying to be condescending its as you know though, the likelyhood of you seeing much quality rugby is very rare. About 50 thousand to one as an American.

I don't think rugby has much of a chance of catching on though. I think it's too similar to the NFL in some respects.

Soccer has massive potential because the sport is global to the max, and America is built on immigrants. Then you factor in Soccers pockets, which are deep as f**k, they can afford to spend w/e on advertising.

If you want to know whether you like Rugby or not you need to watch a State Of Origin or Lions game. They're the height of rugby. I can hook you up if you aren't too set in your ways.

[video - click to view]

8 years ago '04        #191
dsoul 
space
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Don't judge rugby on a game between USA Vs Canada. Just as a word of warning for anyone reading your post and thinking of tuning in... unless its surprisingly a great game, in which case judge rugby on it.

All I'm basically saying is I severely doubt that you've had the chance to see much top level rugby as an American, beacuse the TV coverage is poor as pointed out.

I don't doubt you may have seen plenty of games at college or w/e, but that'd be like me judging American Football on a game between 2 Norwegian college teams.

I wasn't trying to be condescending its as you know though, the likelyhood of you seeing much quality rugby is very rare. About 50 thousand to one as an American.

I don't think rugby has much of a chance of catching on though. I think it's too similar to the NFL in some respects.

Soccer has massive potential because the sport is global to the max, and America is built on immigrants. Then you factor in Soccers pockets, which are deep as f**k, they can afford to spend w/e on advertising.

If you want to know whether you like Rugby or not you need to watch a State Of Origin or Lions game. They're the height of rugby. I can hook you up if you aren't too set in your ways.

Ill catch those....

but....

You know what else it could be.....u dont hear about the star players like u do in soccer

Im not that familiar w/ the sport...but is there like a Kaka or Ronaldo or Messi of Rugby?

I dont know.

but yea Im a stick with my soccer until they start televising matches over here.....

are brits really into rugby becuz it began in England?
 8 years ago '04        #192
dsoul 
space
space
space
 Htown_Koopa said:
Brazil Ronaldo s**tS on ronaldinho.

Uh no.

if ur comparing both in their prime......Ronaldo isnt close.....

there both fat and out of shape now....
 8 years ago '07        #193
smj_724 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,474 | Props total: 710 710
I dont hate soccer, just dont care for it. Ive tried watching it and i do find it hard to watch and boring(i dont care about baseball and yes i think its boring unless my city makes the playoffs). But im not against people who like the soccer. I just prefer basketball and football cuz to me they are fun to watch and play. And for the people who say football and basketball players are soft, WHAT? I've seen the flopping in soccer. Its like a bunch of varejo's(however u spell it)

Last edited by smj_724; 06-30-2009 at 04:38 PM..
 06-30-2009, 04:41 PM         #194
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i noticed that the people that dislike soccer the MOST are black people
and personally i think its because (especially in the hood) they a.ssociate soccer with hispanics
or "mesicans" or whatever so they never even take the time to appreciate the sport...they rather follow football since thats all they hear about (and basketball) you dont even hear their parents say "oh hey you could be the next......_______" well there aint no bonafied black soccer superstar and im talking about American......

and i blame all you ignorant black people that refuse to appreciate soccer for the U.Ss soccer woahs all this time....imagine if black people played soccer? and the U.S National team was full of black players? they have what like 3 now....the reason they suck is because of the wack white guys that play for them.....they NEED BLACK PLAYERS
s**t black players are like secret weapons why do you think EEEEVERY team has some?

and why do you think white people in the U.S are so racist yet they applaud black players on their natonal team? why? because they know how big an advantage having them on their team is......

if Soccer was a popular a sport as say football or basketball the U.S would dominate....

and dont even come at me with the racist bulls**t
what i speak is the truth..
black people are more physically gifted than non blacks

DEAL WITH IT.....
 06-30-2009, 04:44 PM         #195
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dsoul said:
Ill catch those....

but....

You know what else it could be.....u dont hear about the star players like u do in soccer

Im not that familiar w/ the sport...but is there like a Kaka or Ronaldo or Messi of Rugby?

I dont know.

but yea Im a stick with my soccer until they start televising matches over here.....

are brits really into rugby becuz it began in England?
It's not big in England in relative terms, because soccer dominates. But it's the second most popular.

It's got great support on a global scale though. It's more popular in non European countries. New Zealand, South Africa, the Pacific etc.

If you were in these countries you'd hear about the stars. They're not global stars, but every single British soccer fan on this forum could tell you who Jonny Wilkinson is. Danny Cipriani, Brian O'Driscol, Gavin Henson etc.

That's not to say they're the best players, but they're known amongst sports fans in Britain and throughout the rugby world.

But obviously it's nothing like football(soccer), because football is massive.

It's more like the NFL. There are 1 or 2 names that people are familiar with the world over. Most the famous guys are famous within the sports fan base or sporting country though.

You'll always have guys like Jonah Lomu though, who are known throughout the sporting world as a whole. Or even on a lesser scale, Chabal, who is known through the sporting world. The difference is Chabal won't be relevant in 10 years time like Lomu still is.

Then again maybe I've misread you, not sure if you're asking whether rugby has global stars within the sport or tremendously good athletes who excel at the sport?

I mean the Rugby World Cup is second only to the Soccer World cup in terms of viewers. If you exclude the olympics. That's not to necessarily state that Rugby is the 2nd most popular sport in the world though.

You should definately check an Origin game... That's the test I give to anyone whos interested in rugby. If they don't enjoy it they won't enjoy rugby period. Or any game that isn't USA Vs Canada to be honest lol. Standard of those nations isn't the best.
 06-30-2009, 04:48 PM         #196
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ElMarroAfamado said:
i noticed that the people that dislike soccer the MOST are black people
and personally i think its because (especially in the hood) they a.ssociate soccer with hispanics
or "mesicans" or whatever so they never even take the time to appreciate the sport...they rather follow football since thats all they hear about (and basketball) you dont even hear their parents say "oh hey you could be the next......_______" well there aint no bonafied black soccer superstar and im talking about American......

and i blame all you ignorant black people that refuse to appreciate soccer for the U.Ss soccer woahs all this time....imagine if black people played soccer? and the U.S National team was full of black players? they have what like 3 now....the reason they suck is because of the wack white guys that play for them.....they NEED BLACK PLAYERS
s**t black players are like secret weapons why do you think EEEEVERY team has some?

and why do you think white people in the U.S are so racist yet they applaud black players on their natonal team? why? because they know how big an advantage having them on their team is......

if Soccer was a popular a sport as say football or basketball the U.S would dominate....

and dont even come at me with the racist bulls**t
what i speak is the truth..
black people are more physically gifted than non blacks

DEAL WITH IT.....
Physically gifted in what respect? Black people get steam rolled by Tongans and Samoans in Rugby all the time. And I'm talking STEAM ROLLED.

Have you ever seen Kenya or Nigeria play rugby? They might be half decent at scoring, but I can a.ssure you their teams aren't respected physically.

Your statement is lacking in any real truth. Not many African nations have won a World Cup in soccer lately.
 06-30-2009, 04:59 PM         #197
DHARMA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ronaldinho (when healthy) >>> KaKa, C. Ronaldo, , Rooney, T. Henry, Messi

PK & free kicks, that's talent and when he is on his game, no one could out surpass him.

Kaka is about to take the crown though...

Ronaldinho = The Ballon d'Or for Life...
 8 years ago '05        #198
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
It's ungodly how little you lot know about football.

I think I actually prefer the "soccer sucks" brigade to the "nah yo this is the dope player" brigade. You don't know s**t.
 06-30-2009, 05:18 PM         #199
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
It's ungodly how little you lot know about football.

I think I actually prefer the "soccer sucks" brigade to the "nah yo this is the dope player" brigade. You don't know s**t.

[pic - click to view]

Right?
 8 years ago '04        #200
dsoul 
space
space
space
 Spiffy818 said:
^^Are you for reals ? OG Ronaldo's career accomplishments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ronaldhino

Ronaldo is guarenteed top 5 GOAT

Where was Ronaldhino in 02 WC when Ronaldo was scoring 2 goals to give Brazil the cup ?

you and that c*ckeyed need to both this thread

top 5 GOAT?

im a pretend i didnt read that
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
39 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
172 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
264 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
53 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
176 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
64 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
92 comments
20 hours ago