most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '09        #1
11231 pageviews
19 comments

MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$12,015 | Props total: 7801 7801
The Lost Boyz- Renee Need Information...Especially East Coast People

:greetings10:, I am 23 years old and do not know many facts about "older" raps, but I do listen to it and love it. More so, I definetly appreciate it.

But anyway, I was listening to "The Lost Boyz - Renee" (The biggest hit they had from what I know) and I can't find it no where on the internet that states that this song is based off of a true story.image

I love this song a whole lot and want to know more about this song and some more "based on a true story raps".

I have heard it is but the girl is not named renee.......image

Can anyone tell me if it is a true story and some details....as to why did she get shot?.... maybe her real name?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited by MS KRISSI lpe33; 06-22-2009 at 09:53 PM..
Avon_Barksdale gave props

19 comments for "The Lost Boyz- Renee Need Information...Especially East Coast People"

8 years ago '04        #2
Don Savant|S 3 heat pts
space
space
$21,517 | Props total: 17 17
Basically, the story told in the song is true but the female's real name wasn't Renee.
 8 years ago '04        #3
hardcopyhc 
space
space
$1,291 | Props total: 155 155
Don't know if that's a real story at all. I thought it was just genius story telling skills. I'm pretty sure that's happening many times in real life though but not sure if they were basing it off of anything known to them.

However Nas' One Love was a real song to Cormega and I believe Cormega did a response to it as well but I'm not sure of the name
 8 years ago '09        #4
ShowTimesince79 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
 hardcopyhc said:
Don't know if that's a real story at all. I thought it was just genius story telling skills. I'm pretty sure that's happening many times in real life though but not sure if they were basing it off of anything known to them.

However Nas' One Love was a real song to Cormega and I believe Cormega did a response to it as well but I'm not sure of the name
actually Renee was loosely based on a true story but the girls name wasnt Renee and the events of her death werent exactly how it played out in the song, so it was a mixture of true events and genius storytelling.

One Love however WASNT dedicated to Cormega it was deicated to Lake and Born only time Mega was even mentioned was the line "whats up wit Cormega?, have you seen him, are yall together"
 8 years ago '07        #5
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,457 | Props total: 14888 14888
 Ms.KrizyT said:
:greetings10:, I am 23 years old and do not know many facts about "older" raps, but I do listen to it and love it. More so, I definetly appreciate it.

But anyway, I was listening to "The Lost Boyz - Renee" (The biggest hit they had from what I know) and I can't find it no where on the internet that states that this song is based off of a true story.

I love this song a whole lot and want to know more about this song and some more "based on a true story raps".

I have heard it is but the girl is not named renee.......

Can anyone tell me if it is a true story and some details....as to why did she get shot?.... maybe her real name?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
mr. cheeks explained it in the xxl

it was bout a chick named ebony from around his way who got k!lled from crossfire cuz it was some beef going on at the time and she got shot in the middle of the crossfire
 8 years ago '09        #6
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30 OP
space
space
space
 timdog said:
mr. cheeks explained it in the xxl

it was bout a chick named ebony from around his way who got k!lled from crossfire cuz it was some beef going on at the time and she got shot in the middle of the crossfire
Why you use the ....Is that for me? If not disregard the next line...if it is then

Like I said I wanted to know is it based on a true story, I love the song have heard it alot but like I said I do not know much behind the lyrics / it's concept....

And you said Mr.Cheeks explained it in the XXLMag, Is it on the new issue or when was this? like I go around looking for magazines that have Mr.Cheeks on it.

I am pretty sure he did explain it in the XXL Mag and multi-million times before that.... but I must have missed it or I wouldn't be here to ask of facts that was once unknown to me.

Just wanted a answer without the extra s**t....or either find the issue and tell me or paste the link....geez:sad-smiley-060:
 8 years ago '06        #7
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,125 | Props total: 4710 4710
dear nas what up son? it's mega
i got ur letter
me & my cousin oogie here together
 8 years ago '07        #8
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,457 | Props total: 14888 14888
 Ms.KrizyT said:
Why you use the ....Is that for me? If not disregard the next line...if it is then

Like I said I wanted to know is it based on a true story, I love the song have heard it alot but like I said I do not know much behind the lyrics / it's concept....

And you said Mr.Cheeks explained it in the XXLMag, Is it on the new issue or when was this? like I go around looking for magazines that have Mr.Cheeks on it.

I am pretty sure he did explain it in the XXL Mag and multi-million times before that.... but I must have missed it or I wouldn't be here to ask of facts that was once unknown to me.

Just wanted a answer without the extra s**t....or either find the issue and tell me or paste the link....geez:sad-smiley-060:
i used the over what happen to the female

not you my bad if you took it wrong

it was a while back in the xxl and you know they do the classic material albums and the did the lost boyz one and cheeks explained the situation about the song

renee is one of my fave songs to
 8 years ago '05        #9
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
 Ex The God said:
I never heard this song..Until now...and I f**king love it..This the same mr cheeks that did light camera action?
No it's not the same cheeks... The cheeks that did lights camera action was struggling to make a hit n be relevant again.....

Na, same guy. Lights Camera action was pretty dope but yea... Lost Boyz was the s**t.:applause:
 8 years ago '04        #10
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119
R.I.p. freaky tah
Posted via Mobile Device
 06-23-2009, 12:54 AM         #11
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ms.KrizyT said:

That s**t was cute how shawty had a pre rebuttal just in case.

Lost Boyz were the s**t, I remember Renee used to get played at f**kin Golden Glide skating rink on school nights and we used to be feeling up on chicks. Girls used to go crazy over that s**t.

"She started feeling on my chest, I started feeling on her brea$ts, and there's no need for me to stress the rest...."

You can still f**k a girl to that, track 3 on my hood love making cd.

But as far as Lost Boyz, nothing beats

[spoiler - click to view]

and

[spoiler - click to view]

I f**kin hated Lights Camera Action Mr. Cheeks. Not after that real s**t, how you go sell out with that nonsense. Ya'll NY n*ggaz don't know, this type of s**t used to get banged down here too along with our own s**t. Ya'll just payed attention to your own s**t, cuz thats all that got played on tv. Ya'll don't know how easy ya'll music would get out there compared to the South. Thats why I'm glad the south be dominating know, even though its mostly the bulls**t from the south that gets most of it.
 06-23-2009, 01:26 AM         #12
onq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ms.KrizyT said:

he posted a about the girl getting k!lled and you took it as if he was calling you dumb.
 8 years ago '09        #13
space
space
space
 onq said:
he posted a about the girl getting k!lled and you took it as if he was calling you dumb.
Okay so I made a mistake.....We got that settled already dude..I was talking to HIM..I misunderstood and we fixed it....No need to piggy back..we been settled that...boy I tell ya :f!ghting11:
 06-23-2009, 02:10 AM         #14
onq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ms.KrizyT said:
Okay so I made a mistake.....We got that settled already dude..I was talking to HIM..I misunderstood and we fixed it....No need to piggy back..we been settled that...boy I tell ya :f!ghting11:
That time of the month I see.
 8 years ago '09        #15
space
space
space
 onq said:
That time of the month I see.
Oh Boy I tell ya....:foodanddrink6::f!ghting11:
 8 years ago '04        #16
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,026 | Props total: 2564 2564
depends what you would call hits but

Music Makes me High and the remix
Jeeps Lex Coups
Lifestyles of the rich and shameless and the remix
renee
Beasts from the east
the yearn
me and my crazy world
get up
summertime
my crew

all great tracks i still play to this day
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago